PDA

View Full Version : Head Coaching Candidates

Ernie
12-31-2018, 08:13 AM
The question has been asked about potential candidates (should Tomlin be shown the door)..
A few guys I'd love to see brought in... Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern... and Don Martindale of the Ravens.

Who else is out there that deserves a shot? I know there are others out there like Frank Reich.. who can basically "Plug and play" and can make our team contenders once again.

Any thoughts?

SteelBucks
12-31-2018, 12:13 PM
This is a little off topic but Denver has requested to interview Mike Munchak. He would be a huge loss.

Back on topic, Pat Fitzgerald would be a nice pick. Defensive minded but wish he had some NFL coaching experience.

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 12:15 PM
I love Pat Fitzgerald. And he looks like he would fit well in the Rooney culture too. There are options out there. This talk of " There is no one else available that's crediable" is poppy cock.

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 12:16 PM
This is a little off topic but Denver has requested to interview Mike Munchak. He would be a huge loss.

Back on topic, Pat Fitzgerald would be a nice pick. Defensive minded but wish he had some NFL coaching experience.

If you think we are at rock bottom now, imagine how we'd look without Munchak running that O-line?? You think we have problems now? Huh...let Munchak leave and see how bad things get. I vividly remember our O-line before he got here. One word...nightmare.

Buzz
12-31-2018, 12:33 PM
I would think Denver would be desirable place for a guy like Munch to go. There's some genuine cause for concern here.

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 12:36 PM
Munchak would be crazy thou to go to a team with no franchise QB. He'd be basically saying , " Im going for the big payday upfront because I'll be wacked in two and a half years for not winning enough." That's what your basically saying when you have no legit QB.

Terrapin
12-31-2018, 01:47 PM
Bruce Arians

The Man of Steel
12-31-2018, 02:14 PM
Bill Cowher

squidkid
12-31-2018, 02:19 PM
nobody. there is no one that you can guarantee would be better than tomlin

Ernie
12-31-2018, 02:23 PM
Munchak would be crazy thou to go to a team with no franchise QB. He'd be basically saying , " Im going for the big payday upfront because I'll be wacked in two and a half years for not winning enough." That's what your basically saying when you have no legit QB.

I actually think Denver would be a good fit for Munchak. They'll be drafting high enough...that they should be able to land a franchise QB... their defense also seems to be solid...and he has some weapons on Offense. I look for him to be their next HC... and a playoff contender next year.

fordfixer
12-31-2018, 03:14 PM
But if they are wasting franchise Quarterback here why wouldn’t he leave?

RobinCole
12-31-2018, 03:34 PM
Munchak was an NFL head coach for three years; was 22-26 and was fired. Most coaches get fired sooner or later.

He could be successful with the right players in the right situation. You could say the same about most coaches.

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 03:35 PM

Damn good point.. can’t argue with logic like that.

squidkid
12-31-2018, 03:37 PM

ummm, hes not the qb coach, OC or HC.................doesn really concern him

Buzz
12-31-2018, 04:26 PM
He was an NFL head coach for three years; was 22-26 and was fired. Most coaches get fired sooner or later.

He could be successful with the right players in the right situation. You could say the same about most coaches.

Hmmmm ... sounds exactly like what some here are saying about Tomlin's early success with this team ...

doesn't make it sound like he's irreplacable

pittpete
12-31-2018, 04:42 PM
If we hire a new HC, it has to be a defensive guy.
Theres no way an Offensive minded OC and Ben can be on the same page IMO.
I'd start with Todd Bowles as my new DC.
Played DB, coached DB's, etc...

SidSmythe
01-01-2019, 06:44 PM
If we hire a new HC, it has to be a defensive guy.
Theres no way an Offensive minded OC and Ben can be on the same page IMO.
I'd start with Todd Bowles as my new DC.
Played DB, coached DB's, etc...

I like this since the reality is this . . . Mike Tomlin will be the HC of the Steelers for 2019. Having said that Bowles would be a great addition.

Steel Maniac
01-01-2019, 06:56 PM
I like this since the reality is this . . . Mike Tomlin will be the HC of the Steelers for 2019. Having said that Bowles would be a great addition.

Sid, you and I are seeing it correctly.

Also, Sid, check out the Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus. This guy looks to be a great option as a head coach for us.

But Todd Bowles coming aboard would be a good move too.