PDA

View Full Version : Ghost , Captain.. I got a question.

Steel Maniac
12-30-2018, 11:54 PM
Steelers said there was no linebackers worth taking in the first round with our selection . May I submit to you Harold Landry of the Titans and how he’s been playing?

Guy looks like an absolute stud to me. Am I missing something?

Ghost
12-31-2018, 12:00 AM
Why am I getting asked?

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 12:25 AM
Because your usually very estute on guys coming into the league. I didn’t dig nearly as much into last year’s draft as I usually do.

winwithd
12-31-2018, 12:28 AM
Steelers said there was no linebackers worth taking in the first round with our selection . May I submit to you Harold Landry of the Titans and how he’s been playing?

Or Darius Leonard??

Buzz
12-31-2018, 12:44 AM
Leonard would've looked really good on our D.

squidkid
12-31-2018, 12:47 AM
Leonard would've looked really good on our D.

not as good as edmunds;)

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 12:50 AM
Or Darius Leonard??

I forgot about him. All I remember is one poster hammering another about Landry not being worth a first round pick. I didn’t know so I didn’t comment.

Captain Lemming
12-31-2018, 02:46 AM

Frankly the Edmonds pick surprised me. I knew something about his brother, not him.
All I recall is he was not the top rank safety at the time on most beards.
I was glad they went defense, and hoped (still do) that they knew something I didnt know about the kid.

I live in Boise so I personally, was hoping (expecting) Vander Esch who I was very familiar with was gonna be there for us as I knew he was gonna be a beast in this league.....there was a rumor we tried to move up for Roquan which I would have loved.

Dont see much Titans.....Landry is an outside backer right?
Sorry, dont know much.

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 02:50 AM
Okay.. well looked very worthy of a first round selection this year. Man, as piss poor as we are at linebacker across the board, I’m just trying to get guys who can play Any linebacker position. LOL. We only have one legit one in Watt.

Ghost
12-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Landry was graded as a first rounder. He was actually thought to be early first after his junior year but came back for his senior season and hurt his ankle a bit. Have to believe (guess) the Steelers felt better about their LB Corp than the secondary and that’s why they went with Edmunds. I think they vastly over estimated the backers, starters and back-ups. Just not good at all as a group. Watt was the lone play maker.

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 10:23 AM
Landry was graded as a first rounder. He was actually thought to be early first after his junior year but came back for his senior season and hurt his ankle a bit. Have to believe (guess) the Steelers felt better about their LB Corp than the secondary and that’s why they went with Edmunds. I think they vastly over estimated the backers, starters and back-ups. Just not good at all as a group. Watt was the lone play maker.

wooah..so the front office overestimated the linebacker corps too huh? Wow. Why is it that going into last years draft, just about everybody in this room was crying for a linebacker upgrade yet, the front office didn't think we needed it? There is just mass problems with this organization; from the front office to the field.

squidkid
12-31-2018, 11:33 AM
wooah..so the front office overestimated the linebacker corps too huh? Wow. Why is it that going into last years draft, just about everybody in this room was crying for a linebacker upgrade yet, the front office didn't think we needed it? There is just mass problems with this organization; from the front office to the field.

worse than that. the tomlin fans applauded the supposed BPA wr they took.................lol. how did that work out for us?