PDA

View Full Version : It should have never came to this......

Starlifter
12-30-2018, 08:42 PM
Exciting to watch cleveland almost pull it off - but like Tomlin said, the Steelers made their bed.

Gonna be a looooooong off season as they try to figure this out.

Moonie
12-30-2018, 08:43 PM
Absolutely maddening season, with the Browns bookcasing either end!

SteelBucks
12-30-2018, 08:44 PM
Truely disappointing season.

pittpete
12-30-2018, 08:45 PM
Shoulda,woulda,coulda:rolleyes:
Tomlin's safe, he beat the lowly Bengals

steelz09
12-30-2018, 08:46 PM
It's simply unbelievable that this team was incapable of making the playoffs.

What an epic meltdown.

Craziness.

Sword
12-30-2018, 08:47 PM
Just bad.... we made our bed.....

SteelBucks
12-30-2018, 08:49 PM
Shoulda,woulda,coulda:rolleyes:
Tomlin's safe, he beat the lowly Bengals

Probably. There will be some change but not what most want.

steelz09
12-30-2018, 08:50 PM
Can anyone else believe that the Steelers won't play again for almost 9 months?

Ughhh. I'm depressed :HeadBanger

I can't believe the season is over for this team. How freakin' disappointing.

Terrapin
12-30-2018, 08:52 PM
Lev Bell
Turnovers
Ben sitting in Oakland
Missed FGs
Fake punt
Clock mismanagment
Special teams
Losing every challenge
Off field drama

Could go on and on and on. Bottom line is, this was one of the biggest collapses I've witnessed in 40+ years watching football. Not like this was a .500 team that lost a few in a row. This was a SB favorite that missed the playoffs. Seriously, when has this happened?

Big changes need made. Tomlin and Butler need to go. The defense needs a complete overhaul. Spend some $ on legit free agents. Get some better scouts for the draft.

SteelBucks
12-30-2018, 08:55 PM

Totally agree. Worse yet is my Eagles wife is happy.

steeler_george
12-30-2018, 08:56 PM
only fitting we lose out in last min of the ravens-browns' game ... how many did we lose 4-5 games like that add the ravens-browns game too..

where do we go now...

coaching staff- ST and revamp D
free agency- we have to be spenders this year
draft- need a playmaker or two on D!

steeler_george
12-30-2018, 08:58 PM

ugghhh !!!!

bostonsteeler
12-30-2018, 08:58 PM
Thing is, next season isn't going to be easy, and we probably come out third in the conference.
Cleveland and Baltimore have found their franchise QBs and are playing really well. We, on the other hand, have an aging QB, and a fairly lame coaching staff.

7-2-1 to 9-6-1 is almost the same level as the 98 meltdown. That was followed by several years of bottom dwelling in which we managed to snag a few future stars. I suspect we'll see the same here now.

RobinCole
12-30-2018, 09:00 PM
Yinz do realize the robbers in stripes robbed the Browns of a TD today? How fitting. They stole the San Diego and New Orleans games from us. Yep, with all that went on this year, we still make the playoffs if not for the zebras.

drprwnap
12-30-2018, 09:11 PM

After watching this $hitshow for the past 5 weeks, 9 months won't be long enough!

winwithd
12-30-2018, 09:54 PM
Yinz do realize the robbers in stripes robbed the Browns of a TD today? How fitting. They stole the San Diego and New Orleans games from us. Yep, with all that went on this year, we still make the playoffs if not for the zebras.

I noticed the same thing. Still we were talented enough that it should not have mattered. We 'literally' gave away a couple games as well

Steel Maniac
12-30-2018, 09:58 PM
It's simply unbelievable that this team was incapable of making the playoffs.

What an epic meltdown.

Craziness.

Exactly.....and we thought last years flop was bad. Lol

Steel Maniac
12-30-2018, 10:00 PM
Thing is, next season isn't going to be easy, and we probably come out third in the conference.
Cleveland and Baltimore have found their franchise QBs and are playing really well. We, on the other hand, have an aging QB, and a fairly lame coaching staff.

7-2-1 to 9-6-1 is almost the same level as the 98 meltdown. That was followed by several years of bottom dwelling in which we managed to snag a few future stars. I suspect we'll see the same here now.m

NorthCoast
12-30-2018, 10:02 PM
I noticed the same thing. Still we were talented enough that it should not have mattered. We 'literally' gave away a couple games as wellThat's exactly what some of us have been trying to say to deaf ears. No matter the talent, you give the ball away and not take it away, you will lose more often than not. Been that way for a long, long time in the NFL.

Ghost
12-30-2018, 10:08 PM
I know it’s not standard operating for the Steelers but if they don’t bring in some higher level FAs (not Bostic level) I don’t think they can fix the D. The draft won’t cut it.

Starlifter
12-30-2018, 10:10 PM
Exactly.....and we thought last years flop was bad. Lol

truth is, I don't think it was a flop. I think the team the started the season was the real deal - and that team showed up at the end of the season. I think that streak in the middle was the fluke.

Our defense is flat out awful. our special teams are only average on their best day. even the announcers said today how the steelers were last in the league in penalties to start the season and had to work hard to turn it around. that's a HC problem.

I think the 2018 steelers were exactly what we expected last summer. A good offense, leaky defense and would need to play clean games to win. They had very few clean games this year - and this record is pretty accurate for who they are. This team is NOT better than 8-7-1. Perhaps with some tweaks and one or two FA grabs they can flip the script - but where's Denny Green when we need him?

the 2018 steelers ARE who we thought they WERE.

The Man of Steel
12-30-2018, 10:14 PM
Anyone else rooting hard for a tie in tonight’s game or is that just a complete waste of mental energy?

Steel Maniac
12-30-2018, 10:14 PM
Team is in clear regression; players are on the cell phones during the game talking to their girlfriends and stuff. It’s worse then last year.

SteelBucks
12-30-2018, 10:17 PM
Anyone else rooting hard for a tie in tonight’s game or is that just a complete waste of mental energy?

I’m playing the lottery if that happens.

RobinCole
12-30-2018, 10:23 PM
What players are on cell phones during the games and how the hell do you know who they’re talking to?

Steel Maniac
12-30-2018, 10:28 PM
What players are on cell phones during the games and how the hell do you know who they’re talking to?

They were on cell phones but I don’t know who they were talking to. Lol. Google it dude.

Moonie
12-30-2018, 10:28 PM
How do we know players from every team are not on the phone at half time? For all we know the Steelers have the lowest percentage of half time calls in the NFL.

Steel Maniac
12-30-2018, 10:29 PM
How do we know players from every team are not on the phone at half time? For all we know the Steelers have the lowest percentage of half time calls in the NFL.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

steelz09
12-30-2018, 10:32 PM
Team is in clear regression; players are on the cell phones during the game talking to their girlfriends and stuff. It’s worse then last year.

Well, he's a "players coach". He lacks discipline. The players love him because they can walk all over him. There are tons of evidence to support that over the years.

Just like those elementary school teachers we all loved growing up. The teachers that allowed the kids to run the classroom rather than the other way around. I guess you could call those a.. "students teacher".

Steel Maniac
12-30-2018, 10:33 PM
Well, he's a "players coach". He lacks discipline. The players love him because they can walk all over him. There are tons of evidence to support that over the years.

Just like those elementary school teachers we all loved growing up. The teachers that allowed the kids to run the classroom rather than the other way around. I guess you could call those a.. "students teacher".

Boom.............

NorthCoast
12-31-2018, 12:05 AM

Same coach that sat Mendenhall, Ike Taylor because they weren't getting it done. Also got rid of his QB's favorite OC because the offense was underperforming.

squidkid
12-31-2018, 12:35 AM
Same coach that sat Mendenhall, Ike Taylor because they weren't getting it done. Also got rid of his QB's favorite OC because the offense was underperforming.

the one that said he was gonna finally discipline AB.......and, wink wink, took care of it in the locker room

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 01:09 AM
Oh really!!!!!????? Please enlighten me of more of these things he said last year?

Ernie
12-31-2018, 08:00 AM
That's exactly what some of us have been trying to say to deaf ears. No matter the talent, you give the ball away and not take it away, you will lose more often than not. Been that way for a long, long time in the NFL.

I've also tried to explain why turnover differentials can absolutely relate to coaching...
You are right though... you give the ball away a lot more than you take it away... and you likely aren't going to make a post season run...

Ernie
12-31-2018, 09:15 AM
Just heard on the NFL network where several of the veteran players are upset about the lack of accountability and discipline with this team..

And Pouncey stated that this year's team had more talent than any team he's played on since he has been with the Steelers...and to have nothing to show for it.. in a year where the AFC was wide open... "Blew his mind"..

For those of your carrying Tomlin's water for him... perhaps you should take note of what's coming out of the locker room.

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 10:25 AM
Just heard on the NFL network where several of the veteran players are upset about the lack of accountability and discipline with this team..

And Pouncey stated that this year's team had more talent than any team he's played on since he has been with the Steelers...and to have nothing to show for it.. in a year where the AFC was wide open... "Blew his mind"..

For those of your carrying Tomlin's water for him... perhaps you should take note of what's coming out of the locker room.

Do you hear that Oveido!!!! Now it's the veteran players speaking out!!! Saying the same thing that James Harrison told everyone a year ago!!! Are the veteran players lying too Oviedo????

SteelDecipher
12-31-2018, 11:16 AM

Yeah, that Browns corner should have run to the end zone anyway. It would have made the point a little more impactful in the media and to the television audience.

steelz09
12-31-2018, 11:23 AM

Tomlin wasn't the deciding factor in replacing Arians with Haley. It was the Rooney's and Colbert. They wanted to extend Ben's career and Haley did that with plays designed to get the ball out of Ben's hands quicker. Everyone knows that.

NorthCoast
12-31-2018, 11:44 AM
Tomlin wasn't the deciding factor in replacing Arians with Haley. It was the Rooney's and Colbert. They wanted to extend Ben's career and Haley did that with plays designed to get the ball out of Ben's hands quicker. Everyone knows that.I would speculate Tomlin had a vote. We will probably never know how many thumbs up or down were in the room at the time.

NorthCoast
12-31-2018, 11:47 AM
Do you hear that Oveido!!!! Now it's the veteran players speaking out!!! Saying the same thing that James Harrison told everyone a year ago!!! Are the veteran players lying too Oviedo????These veterans on the team should name names if they want accountability. Roethlisberger has been known to name names but he is derided for it.

steelz09
12-31-2018, 11:47 AM

Wonderful. The season is over by less than 24hrs and the drama is already starting. Shocker.

Ernie
12-31-2018, 11:49 AM
and to add to the Drama... our one "Top tier" coach appears to be headed to Denver for an interview.

squidkid
12-31-2018, 11:49 AM
Wonderful. The season is over by less than 24hrs and the drama is already starting. Shocker.

the drama had been here for years

squidkid
12-31-2018, 11:51 AM
These veterans on the team should name names if they want accountability. Roethlisberger has been known to name names but he is derided for it.

so now you want the players to nam names but wanted them to keep it in the locker room a few weeks ago?

Buzz
12-31-2018, 12:13 PM

But there's no problem with the head coach ... riiiiighhht:rolleyes:

Steel Maniac
12-31-2018, 12:23 PM

Sounds like then, some vets are feed up maybe? :rolleyes:

NorthCoast
12-31-2018, 12:39 PM
so now you want the players to nam names but wanted them to keep it in the locker room a few weeks ago?never said that.