PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 14 pt Favorites Over Bengals

flippy
12-25-2018, 05:54 AM
Did I read that right? 14 pt favorites?

Vegas has us winning 30-16.

While the Bengals have only beaten us 3 times since 2010, I feel vulnerable being favored by so many points. They did recently beat the Raiders. They had a closer game to the Chargers recently.

Do I think the Bengals would likely screw up and give us the game? Sure. But beat them by 14+? C'Mon. Vegas is working against us. They are setting us up to be under prepared. Tomlin will have this team looking ahead to a home game against the Chargers.

I bet there isn't a coach and player in Pittsburgh this week preparing to play the Chargers...just in case.

We've seen this thinking before. They always say you should trust your gut, but at some point, trusting your gut over and over and expecting different results is insanity.

Buzz
12-25-2018, 10:42 AM
They always say you should trust your gut, but at some point, trusting your gut over and over and expecting different results is insanity.

Someone ought to engrave that sentence on a plaque and send it to Mike Tomlin.

fordfixer
12-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Did I read that right? 14 pt favorites?

Vegas has us winning 30-16.

While the Bengals have only beaten us 3 times since 2010, I feel vulnerable being favored by so many points. They did recently beat the Raiders. They had a closer game to the Chargers recently.

Do I think the Bengals would likely screw up and give us the game? Sure. But beat them by 14+? C'Mon. Vegas is working against us. They are setting us up to be under prepared. Tomlin will have this team looking ahead to a home game against the Chargers.

I bet there isn't a coach and player in Pittsburgh this week preparing to play the Chargers...just in case.

We've seen this thinking before. They always say you should trust your gut, but at some point, trusting your gut over and over and expecting different results is insanity.
I think he must of had an upset stomach that night