PDA

View Full Version : Tuitt Tipped the Pass on the Haden PI Call

NorthCoast
12-24-2018, 12:30 AM
Watch the slow mo, and ball wobble as it passes Tuitt's hand:

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/tomlin-thought-ball-was-tipped-on-late-haden-dpi-on-4th-and-2/

and one Tomlin probably should have challenged.

Edit: Tomlin could not challenge, as it was inside of 2 mins.

SteelBucks
12-24-2018, 12:36 AM
Sadly the game was decided before kickoff. I hate blaming officiating but damn the Steelers were playing against a stacked deck.

Chucktownsteeler
12-24-2018, 02:28 AM
Watch the slow mo, and ball wobble as it passes Tuitt's hand:

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/tomlin-thought-ball-was-tipped-on-late-haden-dpi-on-4th-and-2/

and one Tomlin probably should have challenged.

Edit: Tomlin could not challenge, as it was inside of 2 mins.

I thought it was tipped as well.

NJ-STEELER
12-24-2018, 02:43 AM
if they thought the ball was tipped and being it would have been a game deciding play.

WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE CALLING A TIMEOUT THEN?

good lord, it gives the officials time to review it.

Head Coach Mike Tomlin was asked about that after the game. “I thought it was tipped, but I didn’t have the courtesy of a replay (https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1077006067991830530)”, he said. “We were asking for clarity on it, but you know, things start moving fast in those moments”.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-24-2018, 02:50 AM
Said it was tipped when I saw the first replay.

steelz09
12-24-2018, 09:06 AM
if they thought the ball was tipped and being it would have been a game deciding play.

WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE CALLING A TIMEOUT THEN?

good lord, it gives the officials time to review it.

Head Coach Mike Tomlin was asked about that after the game. “I thought it was tipped, but I didn’t have the courtesy of a replay (https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1077006067991830530)”, he said. “We were asking for clarity on it, but you know, things start moving fast in those moments”.

LOL! Somehow the Rooney's find that excuse acceptable?!??

Why the hell doesn't he have someone upstairs that can relay the info down to him? That is what every other team does. Is he that stupid or just that arrogant?

How is that acceptable? That is something he could fix in a matter of seconds. He should be fired alone just for that.

Ernie
12-24-2018, 09:18 AM
LOL! Somehow the Rooney's find that excuse acceptable?!??

Why the hell doesn't he have someone upstairs that can relay the info down to him? That is what every other team does. Is he that stupid or just that arrogant?

How is that acceptable? That is something he could fix in a matter of seconds. He should be fired alone just for that.

Its about as acceptable as not putting Ben in before the last drive of the game against Oakland... siting "We were in the flow of the game" as the reason.
Im inclined to believe that this dude is turning into an idiot.

papillon
12-24-2018, 09:59 AM
That play wasn't being overturned on replay, there was no definitive evidence that Tuitt tipped the ball, the call would have stood as called on the field.

Pappy

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-24-2018, 12:01 PM
I wonder if Tuitt should not have walked over to the official and said that he tipped it and they should review it. At a time like that he might have gotten them to look.

That being said, this was nowhere near as blatant as the first half PI even though just as big. I would call it a missed call, but not a call where officials' incompetence screwed the team.

steelerkeylargo
12-24-2018, 12:49 PM
I believe the call on the field was holding not PI. Tipped wouldn't have mattered.

NorthCoast
12-24-2018, 01:06 PM
I believe the call on the field was holding not PI. Tipped wouldn't have mattered.It was DPI. Surprised a post game with Tuitt hasn't shed any more light on the play.

NJ-STEELER
12-24-2018, 10:16 PM
It was DPI. Surprised a post game with Tuitt hasn't shed any more light on the play.

saw tuiit post game interview.. he said he went to the ref and told him he tipped the ball. ref said he didn't see it that way.

But why wouldn't the ref signal the booth upstairs to review it

fordfixer
12-25-2018, 12:19 PM
saw tuiit post game interview.. he said he went to the ref and told him he tipped the ball. ref said he didn't see it that way.

But why wouldn't the ref signal the booth upstairs to review it
Because they just don’t care

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-25-2018, 03:08 PM
I believe the call on the field was holding not PI. Tipped wouldn't have mattered.
4 Yard Penalty
(2:00) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass incomplete short left to M.Thomas (J.Haden). PENALTY on PIT-J.Haden, Defensive Pass Interference, 4 yards, enforced at PIT 26 - No Play.

4th & 2 at PIT 26

Mr.wizard
12-25-2018, 05:38 PM
Well it was also on the other side of the 2 minute warning, I believe a review has to come from the booth.