PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin lovers and negative ben

KYPITTFAN
12-23-2018, 09:06 PM
Ben played a GREAT game, had the ball in place to tie or go ahead with time. 3TD's 0 INT's. Out played Brees this week and Brady last week.
Shut the F### up Ben haters.

Tomlin lovers.
3rd and 2 and we RUN against a run stack D (you have a headset on call it off). Fake punt giving Brees a short field, Should have taken a time out on the plus side of the 2 min warning.
Once again most likey the best team not to make the playoff's.

Feel bad for JuJu!!

pittpete
12-23-2018, 09:07 PM
Best team, i have to disagree.
We put 1 team away all year.
On the bright side we get a higher draft pick and hopefully Butler is canned

Northern_Blitz
12-23-2018, 09:08 PM
Ben played a GREAT game, had the ball in place to tie or go ahead with time. 3TD's 0 INT's. Out played Brees this week and Brady last week.

Tomlin lovers.
3rd and 2 and we RUN against a run stack D (you have a headset on call it off). Fake punt giving Brees a short field, Should have taken a time out on the plus side of the 2 min warning.

Feel bad for JuJu!!

Ben played great, well enough to win

I think the fake punt was dumb

I think we lost this one because of turnovers (including the fake punt) and PI calls (including one that was total BS)

NorthCoast
12-23-2018, 09:09 PM

Tomlin lovers.

Feel bad for JuJu!!

Roethlisberger has authority to check out of any play. Blame him as well.

KYPITTFAN
12-23-2018, 09:15 PM
Here comes the Tomlin lovers and blame game against Ben. What the hell do you people want out of BEN?

papillon
12-23-2018, 09:16 PM
I think the defense played well overall, Drew Brees is a fantastic quarterback and they had him thinking, in this day and age of football you're going to have PIs called against you, the refs aren't leveling the playing field, they're becoming part of the game and it really sucks. There were some questionable calls against the Saints as well, nothing as egregious as the PI on Haden that let the Saints off the hook on a 3rd and long and then end up giving them a TD.

Pappy

Steel Maniac
12-23-2018, 09:17 PM
Exactly....

The Tomlin lovers will come in here with some bulls/t as usual. But the loss to the Raiders was the game that really did us in. The loss to the Raiders is indefensible.

pittpete
12-23-2018, 09:19 PM
Defense as usual played well enough to give up the lead and lose the game...

Steel Maniac
12-23-2018, 09:19 PM
I think the defense played well overall, Drew Brees is a fantastic quarterback and they had him thinking, in this day and age of football you're going to have PIs called against you, the refs aren't leveling the playing field, they're becoming part of the game and it really sucks. There were some questionable calls against the Saints as well, nothing as egregious as the PI on Haden that let the Saints off the hook on a 3rd and long and then end up giving them a TD.

Pappy

But we had the lead; with all that said, we had the lead. It was Tomlin who did that asinine fake punt.

NorthCoast
12-23-2018, 09:21 PM
Here comes the Tomlin lovers and blame game against Ben. What the hell do you people want out of BEN?

Change the play when you saw the stacked defense.

pittpete
12-23-2018, 09:22 PM
They had 2 TE's and a FB i believe, what are you going to check to?

NorthCoast
12-23-2018, 09:24 PM
They had 2 TE's and a FB i believe, what are you going to check to?

Short pass to McDonald

Ghost
12-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Exactly....

The Tomlin lovers will come in here with some bulls/t as usual. But the loss to the Raiders was the game that really did us in. The loss to the Raiders is indefensible.

This. The Raiders loss is inexcusable. A damn disgrace. And that sh!t happens every damn year. Steelers should have wrapped up the playoff birth weeks ago. Add in the Browns tie, the Broncos loss and the second half of the Chargers game. Just ridiculous.

Steel Maniac
12-23-2018, 09:41 PM
A damn disgrace. But , all the Tomlin lovers will point to is howTomlin still hasn’t finished below 500. Lol

papillon
12-23-2018, 09:49 PM
But we had the lead; with all that said, we had the lead. It was Tomlin who did that asinine fake punt.

I'm fine with the fake punt, I guess that's where we agree to disagree, I wanted to keep the ball in the offense's hands as I believed that is the only way the Steelers could win the game. Two calls that Tomlin made that I hated more than that, was winning the coin toss and taking the ball and the first timeout in the 2nd half, I still don't know why they took it on offense.

Last drives of the 1st half and opening drives of the 2nd half are more impactful than the opening drive of the game, if I win the coin toss, I put my defense out first every time and try to get Ben 2 consecutive possessions by having it before the half and then getting to start the 2nd half.

Would love to know why the 1st TO was taken. If it was to save a 5 yard penalty on what 2nd down, that's just dumb, Ben can make up 5 yards w/o batting an eye, but the TO could be valuable later in the game.

Pappy

Steel Maniac
12-23-2018, 10:01 PM
Papillon, I see that your cool with the fake punt. But we were up and you have to go chalk sometimes ; especially being up by 4.

SteelBucks
12-23-2018, 10:11 PM
This. The Raiders loss is inexcusable. A damn disgrace. And that sh!t happens every damn year. Steelers should have wrapped up the playoff birth weeks ago. Add in the Browns tie, the Broncos loss and the second half of the Chargers game. Just ridiculous.

Hard to believe this all happened after Thanksgiving and they blew a 2.5 game lead in the North. They’re 1-4 in their last 5 games. This division should have been won weeks ago.

Steel Maniac
12-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Yep... but guess what? Tomlin has finished another season with a 500 or better record. That’s all that matters.

And I also saved 15 percent on my auto insurance thru Gieco.

NorthCoast
12-23-2018, 10:17 PM
Yep... but guess what? Tomlin has finished another season with a 500 or better record. That’s all that matters.

You are the only one constantly reminding everyone of this fact.

Ernie
12-23-2018, 10:26 PM
A damn disgrace. But , all the Tomlin lovers will point to is howTomlin still hasn’t finished below 500. Lol

Im just about to the point of being in the mindset... Tomlin will find a way to lose a ballgame...whether it be by poor clock management, play calling, decision making etc. Despite his regular season success...he's won 3 playoff games in the last 8 years. Let that sink in for a minute. This team needs a shot in the arm...and it starts with a new HC.

pittpete
12-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Only 3 playoff games in 8 years?
You damned Steelers fans are spoiled:p

Steel Maniac
12-23-2018, 10:29 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Don’t tell the truth like that!!

Ernie
12-23-2018, 10:29 PM
Its pretty sad if you ask me...

Steel Maniac
12-23-2018, 10:31 PM
Im just about to the point of being in the mindset... Tomlin will find a way to lose a ballgame...whether it be by poor clock management, play calling, decision making etc. Despite his regular season success...he's won 3 playoff games in the last 8 years. Let that sink in for a minute. This team needs a shot in the arm...and it starts with a new HC.

2016... eliminated in the afc championship
2017... eliminated in the simi’s
2018... not make the playoffs.

That’s called yearly regression.

pittpete
12-23-2018, 10:31 PM
3 playoff wins in 8 years with a HOF franchise QB.......
If Butler is canned this year im hopefull we get back on track next year with a new defensive scheme and some talented draftees..

Captain Lemming
12-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Only 3 playoff games in 8 years?
You damned Steelers fans are spoiled:p

AKA 3 in the last 3 years. :)

Steel Maniac
12-23-2018, 10:35 PM
If Butler is canned this year im hopefull we get back on track next year with a new defensive scheme and some talented draftees..

Draftees in what positions? Because it’s pretty establiashed that either we can’t draft talented secondary players or we can’t coach secondary players or both! And heaven forbid us actually using free agency in a really significant way.

pittpete
12-23-2018, 10:37 PM
You dont like Davis and Burns?:rolleyes:

Steel Maniac
12-23-2018, 10:37 PM

Uhhh... what significant players have been drafted and developed in the secondary in that 8 year period?

pittpete
12-23-2018, 10:38 PM
I guess you dont get sarcasm do you?:p

NorthCoast
12-23-2018, 10:42 PM
I don't think it was any secret at the beginning of the season that the Steelers defense was the lynchpin. The season pretty much played out that way. And can you really consider this defense to be playoff caliber? They rose to the occasion a few times but overall aren't consistently good. Still missing key pieces at ILB and CB and while Dupree made strides, they need more from that side.

NorthCoast
12-23-2018, 11:00 PM
You dont like Davis and Burns?:rolleyes:

Yes! One of the greatest comedy teams of all time.... :D

flippy
12-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Why can’t we blame Tomlin and Ben.

Ben gets paid the most money and needs to carry the team on the field.

As as well as he played, we only scored 28. Before the game if you knew we’d score less than 30, 90% of people would have thought we’d lose. And we did.

As much as Tomlin fudged up, so did Ben.

I get it. People love Ben. He’s great. He does unique things on the football field. He’s fun to watch. But the current team spends its money on O. And are built to lead the league in scoring but we don’t. That’s on Ben. It’s ok to love Ben, but admit he’s the reason we lose a lot of games. Even if he’s good, he needs to be great.

NorthCoast
12-24-2018, 11:15 AM
Why can’t we blame Tomlin and Ben.

Ben gets paid the most money and needs to carry the team on the field.

As as well as he played, we only scored 28. Before the game if you knew we’d score less than 30, 90% of people would have thought we’d lose. And we did.

As much as Tomlin fudged up, so did Ben.

I get it. People love Ben. He’s great. He does unique things on the football field. He’s fun to watch. But the current team spends its money on O. And are built to lead the league in scoring but we don’t. That’s on Ben. It’s ok to love Ben, but admit he’s the reason we lose a lot of games. Even if he’s good, he needs to be great.They only punted twice. Pretty sure Roethlisberger didn't fumble the ball at the end or have any INTs. Turnovers throughout the season were critical. This team is a bottom dweller without Roethlisberger (rewatch Dobbs leading the offense) but he isn't Rodgers.

The biggest problem was the offense became too one dimensional once Conner was hurt. The offense was humming when he was in the game. Roethlisberger had 50 attempts last night. The stats show that's not a winning formula for the Steelers.