PDA

View Full Version : 3rd and 20 you are pressuring Brees and then you play soft zone...Brialliant

brothervad
12-23-2018, 08:53 PM
no words can describe how sick and tired I am of the underachieving of this team year in/year out. Yep I agree this team has defensive weaknesses...but you can't coach the way they coached at the end.

Tomlin needs to change his approach. I do blame a lot of this on him.

He plays way too much from his gut and not his head. That is not being a good head coach IMHO.

brothervad

pittpete
12-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Thats just Butler...
Butler needs to be shown the FN door at the end of the year.
They did the same thing the down before when the pass was dropped.

SteelBucks
12-23-2018, 09:04 PM
Tomlin needs to change his approach. I do blame a lot of this on him.

We need to change out Tomlin. (I know....never happen)

papillon
12-23-2018, 09:04 PM
The Steelers blitzes today were the most ineffective blitzes I've ever seen, there was no reason to be sending safeties on a blitz, all they did was dance with whoever picked them up. On the 3rd and 20, where were the LBs, there was absolutely no coverage in the middle of the field. The Steelers were getting pressure with their defensive front they didn't need to send safeties, they should have been in coverage.

Pappy

Steelhere10
12-23-2018, 09:14 PM
Butler should be fired next week. Zone blitz is old worn out and stale especially on 3rd and long that's fails all year.

pittpete
12-23-2018, 09:15 PM
No Lbers i saw Pap.
I only saw Burnett any where near the pass and Davis was of course no where near the ball ala Mike Mitchell

papillon
12-23-2018, 09:54 PM
No Lbers i saw Pap.
I only saw Burnett any where near the pass and Davis was of course no where near the ball ala Mike Mitchell

That's what I"m saying, Brees didn't have to avoid a player from his line of sight to the receiver because there were no LBers to drop into coverage or they had other assignments. As great as Brees is, he's only 6 feet tall, you have to give him limited sight to the WR when possible, that play was just plain strange looking from a coverage standpoint.

Pappy

NorthCoast
12-23-2018, 10:15 PM
The Saints OL was badly banged up and even reshuffled during the game and yet they could not get to Brees.

Buzz
12-23-2018, 10:42 PM
I predict that after the season, they will fire Butler, but Tomlin will stay on and we'll see the same old crap on defense next year.