PDA

View Full Version : Leveon Bell wants to go to the Colts

Steel Maniac
12-21-2018, 07:13 PM
"He has his eyes on the Colts, no doubt about that," a source told Vacchiano. "He sees Andrew Luck and that offense and all that cap room. He wants to go someplace he can win right away." The Jets are expected to make a run at Bell, but the interest may not be mutual. With Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines both cost controlled, we don't see the Colts as a good fit for Bell, but there's going to be no shortage of suitors this offseason. Bell is targeting $17 million annually.
Source: SNY

SteelerOfDeVille
12-21-2018, 07:23 PM
My thought was Chiefs.... not sure about their cap situation, but, it's another ready-made team; who just lost their RB...

NorthCoast
12-21-2018, 10:08 PM
Colts will have an amazing $122M in cap space (including a $50M rollover) in 2019. They could sign pretty much anyone they wish.

Ernie
12-22-2018, 07:16 AM
There might be "No shortage of suitors"...
but it will be interesting to see how many of them are willing to pay 17 million a year... with "Kirk Cousins" guaranteed money.
We will see how many smart teams have learned from the Cousins mistake.

Ernie
12-22-2018, 07:17 AM
Colts will have an amazing $122M in cap space (including a $50M rollover) in 2019. They could sign pretty much anyone they wish.

Yea, but I don't see them paying Bell 17 million...and then being a "RB by committee" with Mack.

Northern_Blitz
12-22-2018, 11:42 AM
There might be "No shortage of suitors"...
but it will be interesting to see how many of them are willing to pay 17 million a year... with "Kirk Cousins" guaranteed money.
We will see how many smart teams have learned from the Cousins mistake.

I think he'll have a big number, but that he won't get the guarantees that he wants.

fordfixer
12-22-2018, 12:58 PM
https://youtu.be/PVrEwCa8nSA

Ernie
12-22-2018, 01:43 PM
I think he'll have a big number, but that he won't get the guarantees that he wants.

similar to or likely less than the offer the Steelers gave him and he turned down.

Steel Maniac
12-22-2018, 05:31 PM
similar to or likely less than the offer the Steelers gave him and he turned down.

Exactly.

He will not approach a 17 mil a year deal. He won't get 14mil a year deal. I think he gets somewhere like 7-11mil a year deal. If I were the Colts, I wouldn't offer him more then 7 or 8. Jets might be sucker enough to give him 11mil a year.

Too many options out there that will close to the same production but for way less.

Rara
12-22-2018, 07:52 PM
I don't care where he signs as long as the Steelers can get a third round comp pick for him.

Northern_Blitz
12-22-2018, 08:24 PM

Which would have netted him ahead if he didn't decline to play this year.

It will be hard to ever know, but I think he'll end up making more than if he took the deal the first time but less than it he took it the second time.

I think it's crazy that he turned down all the money from the tag this year

Northern_Blitz
12-22-2018, 08:26 PM
Exactly.

He will not approach a 17 mil a year deal. He won't get 14mil a year deal. I think he gets somewhere like 7-11mil a year deal. If I were the Colts, I wouldn't offer him more then 7 or 8. Jets might be sucker enough to give him 11mil a year.

Too many options out there that will close to the same production but for way less.

I wonder if he end up having to play on a 1 year prove it deal next season after being out a whole year (after seeing a big drop in ypc the year before)

Steel Maniac
12-22-2018, 10:47 PM
Hmmmmm... that’s an interesting point. Fool would need to pass a drug test first.

Ernie
12-23-2018, 07:27 AM
I wonder if he end up having to play on a 1 year prove it deal next season after being out a whole year (after seeing a big drop in ypc the year before)

Very interesting indeed. At this point there's little doubt that Bell and his agent lost several million dollars by sitting out this year. Of the teams who need a RB... (Jets, Raiders, TB)... it looks like all of those teams will have an opportunity to pick up a top tier talent in the draft. I don't believe bell has the # of suitors that his fan club would like us to believe.
And with the emergence of Marlon Mack, I believe you can cross the Colts off the list.

Furious
12-23-2018, 10:00 AM
The fact that we've been able to insert not 1 but now 2 different RBs in the bell-cow role in the backfield and have them thrive, is a testament that a good portion of Bell's stellar numbers were attained via a PRO BOWL line and the best OL coach in the game.

Not trying to minimize the talent he brought to our team but sitting out this season and having our offense produce in spite of his hold out shines a light on the system we've had in place, the future HOF QB, the future HOF WR and his posse of young sticky-handed fellow wide-outs and the afore mentioned Pro Bowl line. The organization has done a phenomenal job in building a competitive offense... now if they could only work their magic on our LB and DB deficiencies we might actually get to the big dance again.

Steel Maniac
12-23-2018, 05:37 PM
The fact that we've been able to insert not 1 but now 2 different RBs in the bell-cow role in the backfield and have them thrive, is a testament that a good portion of Bell's stellar numbers were attained via a PRO BOWL line and the best OL coach in the game.

Not trying to minimize the talent he brought to our team but sitting out this season and having our offense produce in spite of his hold out shines a light on the system we've had in place, the future HOF QB, the future HOF WR and his posse of young sticky-handed fellow wide-outs and the afore mentioned Pro Bowl line. The organization has done a phenomenal job in building a competitive offense... now if they could only work their magic on our LB and DB deficiencies we might actually get to the big dance again.

Boom...........

Steel Maniac
03-04-2019, 05:26 PM
The Athletic's Connor Hughes reports the Jets, Eagles and Bucs are expected to be among the teams interested in free agent Le'Veon Bell.
A "high-profile agent" told Hughes the Jets are "undeniably the favorite," but another source merely put them in the running. The Jets have been linked to Bell for quite some time. They have the cap space to make an overpay happen. They are reportedly also in the running for fellow free agent Tevin Coleman.

RELATED: New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
SOURCE: The Athletic
Mar 4, 2019, 11:53 AM

SteelBucks
03-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Don’t come to Philly. I don’t want to have to look at his mug everyday on television.

SidSmythe
03-04-2019, 07:02 PM
Of course he wants to go to the COLTS.
WHY? Money. They have the cap space and he's looking for it.
Now that the Jets aren't interested he's looking for his payday desperately before the Gurley effect becomes the standard by which teams judge that position

pittpete
03-04-2019, 07:03 PM
Im reading every where the Jets are the front runners..
What chu talkin bout Sid?

SidSmythe
03-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Im reading every where the Jets are the front runners..
What chu talkin bout Sid?

I saw today the JETS were out of the running.
Could have been a dream??

Mr.wizard
03-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Ya Jets seem to be the front runner for Bell.

RuthlessBurgher
03-04-2019, 07:54 PM
I'm thinking Tampa for Bell.

AzStillers1989
03-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Don’t come to Philly. I don’t want to have to look at his mug everyday on television.

Especially since y’all gotta see Harpers now. Lol

hawaiiansteel
03-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers Running Back Le’Veon Bell Recruits Potential Free Agents To Join Him On His New Team

March 7, 2019

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Le’Veon Bell is hot on the recruitment trail now that the Steelers decided not to tag the running back.

Bell will hit free agency in a couple of weeks, and now he is taking it upon himself to find some high-profile new teammates.

Bell tweeted at Giants safety Landon Collins, Seahawks safety Earl Thomas, Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu and Ravens safety Eric Weddle Wednesday.

to read rest of article:

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/03/07/bell-recruits-new-teammates-to-his-new-team/