PDA

View Full Version : Saints Are 6.5 pt Favorites

flippy
12-17-2018, 01:53 AM
The Saints are a big favorite at home even after a short week.

Imagine if NO had a full week to prepare against us. That might make them a 14+ point favorite.

Anyone think Brees can throw for 600 yards next week? i do.

Tomlin won his SuperBowl this week against NE. He got his .500+ record. Now it’s time for another let down.

I’m thinking this is gonna be a blowout. 45-18.

Oviedo
12-17-2018, 08:41 AM
I think the Rams were favorites over the Eagles last night too. How'd that work out?

Steel Maniac
12-17-2018, 08:52 AM
I think both us and the Ravens lose next week and then we win week 17 and get to 9 wins. Which is what I thought when the schedule came out. 9 wins.

Oviedo
12-17-2018, 09:30 AM
I think both us and the Ravens lose next week and then we win week 17 and get to 9 wins. Which is what I thought when the schedule came out. 9 wins.

Lets go with the Ravens lose and we win...ye of little faith

fordfixer
12-17-2018, 10:29 AM
I think the Rams were favorites over the Eagles last night too. How'd that work out?
About the same as the Steelers being 10 point favorites in Oakland :HeadBanger:HeadBanger

rpmpit
12-17-2018, 11:42 AM
We all know they're gonna blow out the Saints and then struggle against the Bengals.

Buzz
12-17-2018, 01:47 PM
We all know they're gonna blow out the Saints and then struggle against the Bengals.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

K Train
12-17-2018, 05:31 PM
The Saints are a big favorite at home even after a short week.

Imagine if NO had a full week to prepare against us. That might make them a 14+ point favorite.

Anyone think Brees can throw for 600 yards next week? i do.

Tomlin won his SuperBowl this week against NE. He got his .500+ record. Now it’s time for another let down.

I’m thinking this is gonna be a blowout. 45-18.

Theres a 0% chance they would be double digit favorites under any circumstance unless ben was ruled out. Bettors would absolutely hammer the steelers haha

Brees hasnt exactly been lighting up the skies. Hes 13th is passing yards and 1000+ off of mahomes and 999 off of ben. They are largely a run team that counts on brees completing a high percentage of high percentage throws. The best (and maybe only) way to successfully get to brees is up the middle, this is what i said about getting to brady but they were a nuisance for him off the edge more than anything. Brees isnt going to make a ton of mistake, but they can be beat.

Lets forget about the denver and oakland debacles, this team has done very well on the road prior to that. I forget the stat but it was like 15-1 through the jags game in the previous 16 road games. The saints have a very shaky secondary (albeit, talented) and they are very very stout up front (Sheldon Rankins is an absolute monster).

Gotta say i felt inspired by Jaylen Samuels....i thought vs oakland he looked the part of a receiving back just fine but he was atrocious on handoffs and he looked like a different player against a formidable patriots front. Hopefully Conner can go, but i have some faith in the depth right now

K Train
12-17-2018, 05:31 PM

Now that sounds more like it haha

Sugar
12-17-2018, 05:34 PM
The Saints should be favored, they are a high performing team that is playing at home. The Steelers have been inconsistent this year while the Saints have been formidable each week. It's funny because weeks ago Forbes magazine said that this was a Super Bowl preview, but it doesn't really have that feel anymore.

papillon
12-17-2018, 08:58 PM
I'll take the Steelers +6.5, we still have Ben.

Pappy

fordfixer
12-17-2018, 09:26 PM
Wow an armpit sighting :shock:

The Man of Steel
12-18-2018, 05:38 AM
I wasn’t impressed by the Saints offense last night. The Steelers are definitely capable of beating Brees and friends.

Oviedo
12-18-2018, 09:01 AM
I wasn’t impressed by the Saints offense last night. The Steelers are definitely capable of beating Brees and friends.

Steelers need to be prepared to play in the dome and all that goes with that. On a neutral field the Saints aren't great but they are good in the dome. We are going to have to bring our "A" game...which I think we will!!!!

Sword
12-18-2018, 09:35 AM
The stink bomb we left in Oakland is still a bad taste in our mouths....we will show up in NO.....lay up 40 for the win.....

Ghost
12-18-2018, 11:15 AM
While the Saints are a much, much better team in the Superdome; I'm feeling a lot more confident against them than a few weeks ago. Last night Brees had 203 yards and 12 points. The week before against Dallas it was 127 yards and 10 pts in a loss. Hopefully there some tendencies the team can pick up on as to how to slow/stop the Saints O.

Brown, Ju Ju (and dare we say Washington....) should benefit from the fast turf and no weather in NO.

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2018, 11:22 AM
The stink bomb we left in Oakland is still a bad taste in our mouths....we will show up in NO.....lay up 40 for the win.....

For what it's worth, the Saints have allowed an NFL-low 74 points over the last 6 games.

rpmpit
12-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Wow an armpit sighting :shock:

Always lurking. The Pats game got me fired up :tt2

flippy
12-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Always lurking. The Pats game got me fired up :tt2

This was the most important game to the Rooney's this year. The week before XMas. Gotta make sure folks stock up on Steelers gear for the holiday. Then they can let us down, we can burn the gear, and then do it all again next year ;)

Good to see you. Hope u r doing well.

rpmpit
12-18-2018, 02:05 PM
This was the most important game to the Rooney's this year. The week before XMas. Gotta make sure folks stock up on Steelers gear for the holiday. Then they can let us down, we can burn the gear, and then do it all again next year ;)

Good to see you. Hope u r doing well.

Funny, I told Mrs. Armpit last night that going into our Steeler Mancave makes me angry after losses. Like, "I did all this work, spent all this money, and you guys played like garbage!!!"

But after Sunday night, I was back loving the place. LOL!

I am doing well. Thanks for asking. Hope the same for you!

SteelerOfDeVille
12-18-2018, 02:29 PM
I'll take the Steelers +6.5, we still have Ben.

Pappy
So will I. But, it's kinda more cuz i need it to happen that way. We need to win LMAO

Off topic:
Brees... that's one of those flashbacks of picks that I will forever chest thump for... I wholeheartedly believed in Brees that draft, and was on my "Vick may go #1, but, we have a chance to get the best QB in the draft in Brees"... was very disappointed when we passed - not that I want life without Casey (or Ben, who we drafted 2 years later).

flippy
12-18-2018, 02:43 PM
Funny, I told Mrs. Armpit last night that going into our Steeler Mancave makes me angry after losses. Like, "I did all this work, spent all this money, and you guys played like garbage!!!"

But after Sunday night, I was back loving the place. LOL!

I am doing well. Thanks for asking. Hope the same for you!

I feel exactly the same way. I especially think it when I’m wearing someone’s jersey. Like how dare you drop a pass JuJu when I spent $100 on your jersey.

Then we beat the Raiders and all is back to normal. Wait, we didn’t beat the Raiders. Grrrrrr. LOL

flippy
12-18-2018, 02:46 PM
So will I. But, it's kinda more cuz i need it to happen that way. We need to win LMAO

Off topic:
Brees... that's one of those flashbacks of picks that I will forever chest thump for... I wholeheartedly believed in Brees that draft, and was on my "Vick may go #1, but, we have a chance to get the best QB in the draft in Brees"... was very disappointed when we passed - not that I want life without Casey (or Ben, who we drafted 2 years later).

Thats amazing when you think back on Vick and going to prison and making a comeback and then retiring again and Brees is still around trying to win another SuperBowl and having a decent shot.