PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball To ....

NorthCoast
12-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Tough choice here but a few candidates:

Samuels - ran hard all day with some long trucks into NE secondary; 3rd down catch may have been the play of the game

Haden - tight coverage all day; the INT was a thing of beauty; led Steelers with 8 tackles 4 assists

Fichtner/Tomlin - masterful offensive game plan; I don't think NE ever got centered on what the Steelers were doing

papillon
12-16-2018, 08:53 PM
I have to give a shout out James Washington, his tough catches didn't result in points but he'll be another tool in the toolbox for Ben.

Pappy

SidSmythe
12-16-2018, 08:58 PM
TJ Watt was in Brady's ear hole the entire game.

David DeCastro's run blocking was masterful.

Deflated Ball given to Artie Burns
He lasted 3 plays....he's a bigger headcase than Chris Boswell.
His career in Pittsburgh is over.

NorthCoast
12-16-2018, 09:11 PM
Tough choice here but a few candidates:

Samuels - ran hard all day with some long trucks into NE secondary; 3rd down catch may have been the play of the game

Haden - tight coverage all day; the INT was a thing of beauty; led Steelers with 8 tackles 4 assists

Fichtner/Tomlin - masterful offensive game plan; I don't think NE ever got centered on what the Steelers were doing

Edit: Jaylen Samuels with the most rushing yds by a Steelers rookie since Bam Morris.... that's some good company.

SidSmythe
12-16-2018, 09:13 PM
TJ Watt was in Brady's ear hole the entire game.

David DeCastro's run blocking was masterful.

Deflated Ball given to Artie Burns
He lasted 3 plays....he's a bigger headcase than Chris Boswell.
His career in Pittsburgh is over.

Eich
12-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Haden. Play of the game. Solid all game.

SteelBucks
12-16-2018, 09:38 PM
I have to give a shout out James Washington, his tough catches didn't result in points but he'll be another tool in the toolbox for Ben.

Pappy

It took awhile but it looks like Washington is finally starting to “get it”. He had a very solid game.

papillon
12-16-2018, 09:42 PM
It took awhile but it looks like Washington is finally starting to “get it”. He had a very solid game.

Not sure what everyone expects from a rookie, they all aren't going to be JuJu, patience is a virtue but can also be a vice at times.

Pappy

Chadman
12-16-2018, 10:16 PM
TJ Watt is the real deal.

winwithd
12-16-2018, 10:23 PM
I'd give it to the Oline. Only two sacks, one was probably on Samuels for not getting the blitzer. Few penalties. Open holes and time to throw even with all the empty backfield looks early.

winwithd
12-16-2018, 10:28 PM
TJ Watt is the real deal.

He and Cam were getting pressure for sure. Hopefully Bud is ok.

Moonie
12-16-2018, 10:38 PM
Samuels is 5th round pick rookie who can come in and run for 140. Just further evidence of how lucky we are not to be paying Lev'bag Bell $14.5 million.

SidSmythe
12-16-2018, 10:49 PM
Samuels is 5th round pick rookie who can come in and run for 140. Just further evidence of how lucky we are not to be paying Lev'bag Bell $14.5 million.

The fact that he's a very talented receiver too helps.
RB is the easiest position to replace .... history proves it.

pittpete
12-17-2018, 12:25 AM

Buzz
12-17-2018, 12:39 AM

Le'veon who?

Steel Maniac
12-17-2018, 01:33 AM
Samuels represented himself well

Captain Lemming
12-17-2018, 02:05 AM
Le'veon who?

Samuels said his 140 yards was his FIRST HUNDRED YARD RUSHING GAME EVER at any level.

Fron Deangelo, to Conners, now Samuels????
Everybody looks great behind our line.

I will say it again......Bell is good but.... dont know how "special" he is considering it seems everybody we start looks really good.
So happy he refused to sign our offer.

flippy
12-17-2018, 02:10 AM
Game balls to the entire D and coaching staff. We held NE to 10 points and it should have been even fewer if not for the mistake in coverage on the first score.

Ernie
12-17-2018, 06:31 AM

or the 5 year 72 million dollar deal... or whatever it is we offered him. I said back before the season that we'd be just fine with Conner, Samuels, and Ridley. I think some folks are finally starting to see that now (whether they care to admit it or not).

Steel Maniac
12-17-2018, 08:59 AM
Not sure what everyone expects from a rookie, they all aren't going to be JuJu, patience is a virtue but can also be a vice at times.

Pappy

Exactly... JuJu has people spoiled.

Steel Maniac
12-17-2018, 09:00 AM
Samuels said his 140 yards was his FIRST HUNDRED YARD RUSHING GAME EVER at any level.

Fron Deangelo, to Conners, now Samuels????
Everybody looks great behind our line.

I will say it again......Bell is good but.... dont know how "special" he is considering it seems everybody we start looks really good.
So happy he refused to sign our offer. exactly Captain.

Steel Maniac
12-17-2018, 09:01 AM
The fact that he's a very talented receiver too helps.
RB is the easiest position to replace .... history proves it.

Yep. Watch the chiefs go and grab a rb from the draft and replace Hunt as well. Easiest position to replace.

Steel Maniac
12-17-2018, 09:02 AM

Boom............

Eich
12-17-2018, 09:42 AM
Game balls to the entire D and coaching staff. We held NE to 10 points and it should have been even fewer if not for the mistake in coverage on the first score.

While that's true, the cheaters also beat themselves. Dropped balls and penalties.

Oviedo
12-17-2018, 09:43 AM

Been waiting for washington to emerge like JuJu did last year. Hopefully this is a start.
Got to admit I may have undersold Eli Rogers. Early on he got ben in a good rhythm.
Samuels was a beast. Him and and healthy Conner could be a huge bonus on the stretch run.

Oviedo
12-17-2018, 09:44 AM

Hope Bell's payday drop significantly but alas there are too many stupid organizations out there

Sword
12-17-2018, 09:47 AM
Game Ball goes to the whole team......Great job! grats!

Oviedo
12-17-2018, 09:47 AM
or the 5 year 72 million dollar deal... or whatever it is we offered him. I said back before the season that we'd be just fine with Conner, Samuels, and Ridley. I think some folks are finally starting to see that now (whether they care to admit it or not).

I admit I wanted to keep Bell but not at a luxury price, but this seems much more about the OL and the system now.

Huge bonus is the bonanza in cap space we will have in the off season cutting Bell loose...I think about $39M

Captain Lemming
12-17-2018, 11:56 AM
While that's true, the cheaters also beat themselves. Dropped balls and penalties.

Out coached. No discipline. Fire the coach.

NorthCoast
12-17-2018, 09:58 PM
While that's true, the cheaters also beat themselves. Dropped balls and penalties.You don't think the Steelers defense had a little something to do with that? Brady was feeling Watts hot breath on him most of the night. That's gotta make a QB uncomfortable.

Eich
12-17-2018, 10:44 PM
You don't think the Steelers defense had a little something to do with that? Brady was feeling Watts hot breath on him most of the night. That's gotta make a QB uncomfortable.

Marcia was uncomfortable, yes. But I don’t think that caused his receivers to drop easy catches. I also don’t think it was the cause of most of their penalties.

SidSmythe
12-17-2018, 11:43 PM
Marcia was uncomfortable, yes. But I don’t think that caused his receivers to drop easy catches. I also don’t think it was the cause of most of their penalties.

it did on the GORDON drop .... he wasn't ready for the ball but that was partly his fault. Hit him in the upper arm.

Buzz
12-18-2018, 01:15 AM
Patriots may have also been dealing with a bit of a 'hangover' from that final-play loss to Miami the week before.

Ernie
12-18-2018, 02:32 AM
Patriots may have also been dealing with a bit of a 'hangover' from that final-play loss to Miami the week before.

no more than we were hung over from losing to the worst team in the league the week before

Captain Lemming
12-18-2018, 03:47 AM

Wait....last week you told me the fact that they lost to the fins sealed our fate...... :)