PDA

View Full Version : Make or break game

steeler_george
12-16-2018, 10:01 AM
Kind of a somber post ...

Is this make or break game for us this season, or was that last week vs the Raiders? How confident are you guys we can make the playoffs? Can we go 3-0 to win out or can we go 2-1 and hope the Raven's implode like we did.

Boy how quickly this team sunk since the Carolina game. And the sad thing is I can't place a finger on it, we are a mess. It seems as if we have no heart nor pride, like we just gave up. Or is it : Conner's injury, Fitcher's lack of running plays, Tomlin's game time decisions, Butler having LB on WRs, Our Dbs, Boswell short comings, Ben's interception streak, or just bad luck!

Even if we do make the playoffs how many of you guys thinking that this team is one and done... I still think we can compete with anyone, but win is another story.

Starlifter
12-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Kind of a somber post ...

Is this make or break game for us this season, or was that last week vs the Raiders? How confident are you guys we can make the playoffs? Can we go 3-0 to win out or can we go 2-1 and hope the Raven's implode like we did.

Boy how quickly this team sunk since the Carolina game. And the sad thing is I can't place a finger on it, we are a mess. It seems as if we have no heart nor pride, like we just gave up. Or is it : Conner's injury, Fitcher's lack of running plays, Tomlin's game time decisions, Butler having LB on WRs, Our Dbs, Boswell short comings, Ben's interception streak, or just bad luck!

Even if we do make the playoffs how many of you guys thinking that this team is one and done... I still think we can compete with anyone, but win is another story.

wanna know how bad the season has been? as a result of the last three games, the browns are back in the playoff hunt for the first time in like 20 years. they're pretty excited in cleveland with their win over the broncos (something we couldn't do) and the fact we play the pats today. come monday, they could be a half game back. come next week - they could be in first place.

this isn't a testament to the greatness of the browns. it's a statement on the suckitude of the steelers overall for the last three games and their defense since the ike and troy days.

pittpete
12-16-2018, 01:14 PM
I have no expectation of winning this game.
If we win i will be really shocked and happy.
Im still a huge Steeler fan though

RuthlessBurgher
12-16-2018, 02:14 PM

I don't think anyone questions your fandom, Pete. You don't just show up only when bad things happen solely to criticize the coaching staff.

steeler_george
12-16-2018, 02:26 PM

I feel the same! As closer as the game is getting closer and keep hearing how the Steelers are done on TV, I am starting to think different. ( Maybe it is my STEELER HEART and PRIDE)

Rewind before last week, we or at least I thought we would go 2-2 ( Raiders- W, NE- L, NO-L, CIN -W) and the Ravens who I also thought might go 2-2 (KC-L, Bucs-W, SD-L, Clev-W). If that was the case we would win the AFCN. Now if we beat NE, and go on projected go 2-1 and the Ravens the same, the next 3 games, we might win out and win the AFCN.

Steelwolf
12-16-2018, 05:05 PM
We lose today and are out of the playoffs Colts take the 6th seed for now.

Steelgal
12-16-2018, 05:16 PM

Same here. The Bengals are beating the Raiders with a backup QB and we couldnt do it with our starter for over 1/2 of the game. Brady will tear our defense apart.

Ghost
12-16-2018, 05:20 PM
It’s beyond ridiculous that the Steelers lost to the raiders. Bengals crushed them. :HeadBanger:HeadBanger:HeadBanger

Of course the Ravens took care of their business today. All three central teams won. Hope we make it 4.

Captain Lemming
12-16-2018, 05:59 PM
Prediction, Ridley fumble

Steel Maniac
12-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Well, we got over the Pats hump. Now got one more huge hurdle in New Orleans.

Eich
12-16-2018, 08:31 PM
Make! ! ! !

SteelBucks
12-16-2018, 08:31 PM
Same thread title applies to next Sunday.

Ghost
12-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Same thread title applies to next Sunday.

Unfortunately 2 brutal lossses, a stupid tie, and an inability to hold a 16 point lead in the second half make this true. Should have already locked down a playoff spot.

Captain Lemming
12-17-2018, 12:39 AM
I don't think anyone questions your fandom, Pete. You don't just show up only when bad things happen solely to criticize the coaching staff.

True, he shows up when good things happen to criticize the coaching staff too. :)

Steel Maniac
12-17-2018, 01:32 AM
Pete is consistent.