PDA

View Full Version : Batch on Sirius today

pittpete
12-12-2018, 04:51 PM
He said basically "if Ben doesnt come out with his cape on, this Steelers team has no chance of winning any games"

brothervad
12-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Honest question here...

Is 35 points by Ben with no turnovers enough?

Yes I am suggesting he has to have a 5 TD game at a minimum given this defense.

brothervad

Chadman
12-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Given the way they play atm, that sounds about right.

Steelwolf
12-12-2018, 08:57 PM
I'm just going to eat Pringles and drink lots of beer for the remainder of the season. Win -Win

Northern_Blitz
12-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Honest question here...

Is 35 points by Ben with no turnovers enough?

Yes I am suggesting he has to have a 5 TD game at a minimum given this defense.

brothervad

I think the answer is yes. But, I don't think we'll (a) score 35 points or (b) have no turnovers.

Disco1981
12-12-2018, 09:47 PM
He said basically "if Ben doesnt come out with his cape on, this Steelers team has no chance of winning any games"

Ben has been part of the problem too...Only Sam Darnold has more interceptions

NorthCoast
12-12-2018, 10:18 PM
Out of 32 QBs Roethlisberger ranks #1 in fastest time to release a pass at 2.54 sec; he is getting the ball out of his hands fast.

Roethlisberger's 'aggressive' passing % is bottom half of the league for starting QBs with only 15% of his passes rated as aggressive (defender within 1 yd of receiver).

winwithd
12-13-2018, 12:13 AM
Out of 32 QBs Roethlisberger ranks #1 in fastest time to release a pass at 2.54 sec; he is getting the ball out of his hands fast.

Roethlisberger's 'aggressive' passing % is bottom half of the league for starting QBs with only 15% of his passes rated as aggressive (defender within 1 yd of receiver).

So we have the best receivers in the league in terms of separation. His INTs seem to be more about bad decisions than good defense. Most of them seem to look like they are easy for the defense to make.

NorthCoast
12-13-2018, 12:38 AM
So we have the best receivers in the league in terms of separation. His INTs seem to be more about bad decisions than good defense. Most of them seem to look like they are easy for the defense to make.Yes... bad decisions, or plain bad throws.

AzStillers1989
12-13-2018, 12:41 AM

Crazy stats.... thanks for that.

In Ben We Trust

Northern_Blitz
12-13-2018, 06:15 AM
Ben has been part of the problem too...Only Sam Darnold has more interceptions

We also pass a ton.

I think that Ben's interception rate is about middle of the pack (or it was a few weeks ago when I looked).

steeler_george
12-13-2018, 08:39 AM
Ben has been balling this year, maybe 1 or 2 ( Denver/Jags) bad plays we can be really critical of him.

As long as Ben is standing, and the OL is giving him time, and his receivers are making plays we are unstoppable.

Eich
12-13-2018, 09:26 AM
As long as Ben is standing, and the OL is giving him time, and his receivers are making plays we are unstoppable.

On paper, yes. But All of those things have been happening this year, and yet, we’ve been stoppable.

steelcurtain44
12-13-2018, 09:56 AM
Exactly Eich. The last 4 games they have been relying on Ben. All they do is throw the ball. They won 5 in a row, by giving the ball to Conner and setting up the pass. Ben was not throwing all those interceptions, the defense stayed off the field for the most part, and no one on these was complaining about the defense. Now I'm not sure why they decided to change and take the ball out of Conner's hands, all I know is, it had coincided with a big losing streak.

It's like every since that home game (can't think he we played) and Conner had a great game and all the fans were yelling his name, the offense just went in a different direction. They were rolling and could not be stopped on offense. Then they play Jacksonville and they went pass happy. Got lucky and won, and has stopped passing since.