PDA

View Full Version : I guarantee a win against NE

Steelhere10
12-12-2018, 01:53 PM
I also guarantee that their dominance against us is officially over.

AzStillers1989
12-12-2018, 02:04 PM

^^^X2^^^:tt2

Steel Maniac
12-12-2018, 02:46 PM
The local bar must have opened early. LOL. We just let Drek Carr carve us up. :rolleyes:

squidkid
12-12-2018, 02:51 PM

what do want to bet on it?

williar
12-12-2018, 02:55 PM
I also guarantee that their dominance against us is officially over. As long as TB is running their show and BR is running ours, unfortunately, that will never happen... :wink:

SteelerOfDeVille
12-12-2018, 03:04 PM
The local bar must have opened early. LOL. We just let Drek Carr carve us up. :rolleyes:
appears that at least 2 of ya have been there. :p

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2018, 03:05 PM

While there are certainly times when I have less confidence in my team than usual, I would never actually bet against my own team. But to each his own, I suppose.

squidkid
12-12-2018, 03:07 PM
While there are certainly times when I have less confidence in my team than usual, I would never actually bet against my own team. But to each his own, I suppose.

i know. you have already stated how much of a superior fan you are than me

brothervad
12-12-2018, 03:59 PM
So I was gonna post a topic but it would be really more of a rhetorical dig at Coach Tomlin...

The topic title I was going to post but thought better of it.

"Has Redemption Sunday replaced Unleash Hell as the new Tomlin-ism"

:)

brothervad

Steelhere10
12-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Just remember who said it first, I'm already 100 on my other two guarantee for the season, remember the two blowouts that I was told would never happen.

SteelBucks
12-12-2018, 10:36 PM

Well your predictions have been spot on. I like the positive mojo in dark times.

Captain Lemming
12-13-2018, 04:18 AM

I got a weird gut feeling we are gonna win too.

I'll take that squid.
Loser leaves the forum for the season.

Seriously, just say yes and it's on. :)

Ernie
12-13-2018, 06:43 AM
Will be interesting to see if this team has any fight left in them. I would expect a good showing... but don't know if we have the coaching talent to match theirs.
And the fact that they lost to MIA the way they did last week does not help our odds at all.

steeler_george
12-13-2018, 08:29 AM

You owe me a new keyboard! Spit my coffee all over it!

steeler_george
12-13-2018, 08:31 AM
As bad as we are playing, or should I say underperforming, I think we still can hang with them. They are far from dominate, have their flaws as well, but good coaching overcomes that.

Captain Lemming
12-13-2018, 11:06 AM
Will be interesting to see if this team has any fight left in them. I would expect a good showing... but don't know if we have the coaching talent to match theirs.
And the fact that they lost to MIA the way they did last week does not help our odds at all.

THIS is the one thing that gives me pause.

My bravado is because we are usually good AFTER an embarrassing loss. Especially late season. But the Pat's are the same even moreso.

I wish the Pats won last week.

Nevertheless, I await squid's response.

Captain Lemming
12-13-2018, 11:17 AM
THIS is the one thing that gives me pause.

My bravado is because we are usually good AFTER an embarrassing loss. Especially late season. But the Pat's are the same even moreso.

I wish the Pats won last week.

Nevertheless, I await squid's response.

Just saw Conner said he is not confident he will play which I did not know when I called squid out.....that hurts.

Nevertheless, my "gut feeling" irrational as it may be is still there. I'll keep my word if he accepts.

Steel Maniac
12-13-2018, 11:44 AM
As bad as we are playing, or should I say underperforming, I think we still can hang with them. They are far from dominate, have their flaws as well, but good coaching overcomes that.

Good coaching?????????????????????????????????????????? You made me spit up my orange juice with laughter!

Steel Maniac
12-13-2018, 11:45 AM
Just saw Conner said he is not confident he will play which I did not know when I called squid out.....that hurts.

Nevertheless, my "gut feeling" irrational as it may be is still there. I'll keep my word if he accepts.

So the Steelers win, the squid has to leave the poster room for the rest of the season.
And if the Steelers lose, the Captain has to leave the poster room for the rest of the season.

Squid, do you accept the bet? The captain has already accepted it.

Captain Lemming
12-13-2018, 12:30 PM
Good coaching?????????????????????????????????????????? You made me spit up my orange juice with laughter!

He was talking about the Pat's flaws. In that context the reference to "coaching" refers to the Pat's good coaching.

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2018, 12:56 PM
He was talking about the Pat's flaws. In that context the reference to "coaching" refers to the Pat's good coaching.

Well, those coaches did have Gronk in at safety as their last line of defense on the game deciding play last week. :stirpot

Buzz
12-13-2018, 01:03 PM
Tomlin's answer to the Gronk problem is apparently to take Mike Hilton off the field and replace him with Cam Sutton. I hope this turns out to be a good move, but I have a bad feeling about it. I know Hilton has had a couple of bad games recently, but he's been one of the most consistent defensive performers we've had over the past couple of seasons.

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2018, 01:23 PM
Gronk is listed as 6-6 268 .

The Heights/Weights for our DB's:

Joe Haden 5-11 195
Coty Sensabaugh 5-11 187
Mike Hilton 5-9 184
Cam Sutton 5-11 188
Artie Burns 6-0 197
Brian Allen 6-3 215

Terrell Edmunds 6-1 217
Sean Davis 6-1 202
Morgan Burnett 6-1 209
Jordan Dangerfield 5-11 199
Marcus Allen 6-2 215

Jigawatts
12-13-2018, 02:21 PM
Steelhere10 A.K.A. Anthony Smith :p

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Ramon Foster: Three-game losing streak has actually been good for us

Posted by Josh Alper on December 13, 2018, 2:15 PM EST

No matter how much lipstick you put on a pig, it’s still a pig but that’s not stopping Steelers guard Ramon Foster from reaching for some amid a three-game losing streak.

Foster said that he thinks the “skid has actually been good for us” because being humbled during the season reminds teams “that you’re not as good as you think you are.”

“In a sense that it makes guys realize that, hell, we have to go to work,” Foster said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “You almost have to get in training camp mode in a sense that this is what we need to fix. We have to concentrate on what we need moving forward. And if we get that going, this is essentially the start of our playoffs. You get a chance to play some good, quality teams that know us or at least have a really good team able to beat us and we have to be better than them in this next stretch of games we have.”

Loss of focus was a topic of conversation late last season because the Steelers kept making references to their game against the Patriots when they had other games to play before facing New England. That chatter has not been going on this season and it will be harder to argue any bright sides to losing streaks should the Steelers fall short against the Patriots again this weekend.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/13/ramon-foster-three-game-losing-streak-has-actually-been-good-for-us/

pittpete
12-13-2018, 04:07 PM
Tomlin's answer to the Gronk problem is apparently to take Mike Hilton off the field and replace him with Cam Sutton. I hope this turns out to be a good move, but I have a bad feeling about it. I know Hilton has had a couple of bad games recently, but he's been one of the most consistent defensive performers we've had over the past couple of seasons.

So take your 2nd best cover DB off the field but leave your LBers on?
Awesome idea:rolleyes:

NFL Player Stats - Passes Defensed
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-pass-defenses
only two ranked Steelers in the top 99:mad:

**FYI Sensabaugh has a whopping ZERO passes defended this year

brothervad
12-13-2018, 04:12 PM

NFL Player Stats - Passes Defensed
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-pass-defenses
only two ranked Steelers in the top 99:mad:

Definition of insanity...

Coach Tomlin to Coach Butler....

"hey I know what will work this time. Let's use our LB'ers in zone coverage against Gronk. The reason will work this time is that Tom Brady will never think we are that stupid to do it for the 1 billionth time on him and he will be caught completely by surprise."

SMH

brothervad

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2018, 04:12 PM

It worked for Belichick when he removed Pro Bowl safety Devin McCourty for the final play in Miami last week and replaced him with Gronk...oh wait...nevermind...

pittpete
12-13-2018, 04:14 PM
**FYI Sensabaugh has a whopping ZERO passes defended this year

pittpete
12-13-2018, 04:17 PM
This is why it makes me sick when i see Hilton blitz all the time.
Who are they trying to fool?
If they don't get pressure up the middle on Brady, its going to be a long freaking day i tell you.
Id send Bostic or Vince every dam play and have my safeties within 10 yards of the LOS.

squidkid
12-13-2018, 04:27 PM
I got a weird gut feeling we are gonna win too.

I'll take that squid.
Loser leaves the forum for the season.

Seriously, just say yes and it's on. :)

sounds good.
loser of the bet no posting until our season is over?

squidkid
12-13-2018, 04:28 PM
Just remember who said it first, I'm already 100 on my other two guarantee for the season, remember the two blowouts that I was told would never happen.

well?.....

Captain Lemming
12-13-2018, 04:34 PM
sounds good.
loser of the bet no posting until our season is over?

Yup....putting it all on the line, whew, stakes are high. :)

Captain Lemming
12-13-2018, 04:38 PM
appears that at least 2 of ya have been there. :p

Nice :)....

squidkid
12-13-2018, 04:45 PM
Yup....putting it all on the line, whew, stakes are high. :)

yup. now im waiting for the guarantee guy to man up.

Buzz
12-13-2018, 04:53 PM

Yeah, seems like if steelhere is so confident in a Steelers win that he can "guarantee" it, he ought to be willing to make the same bet that Lemming made.

squidkid
12-13-2018, 05:01 PM
Yeah, seems like if steelhere is so confident in a Steelers win that he can "guarantee" it, he ought to be willing to make the same bet that Lemming made.

or cash....

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2018, 05:13 PM
well?.....

In your best Ted Knight Judge Smails voice, I assume...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VeneratedPerkyButterfly-size_restricted.gif

JAR
12-13-2018, 05:21 PM
If they don't win, you should change your name to Anthony Smith. :tt2

Captain Lemming
12-13-2018, 05:27 PM

Nah, people "guarantee" stuff all the time without stakes.
Everybody (self included) knows there are no absolutes.
If already injured Ben gets hit in the 1st quarter and cant play it matters.

What if Heyward does a "Kimo" to Brady on the first play and his season ends? Kind of a big deal.

Some people enjoy "stakes" others dont.

Since Squid brought it up "I" chose to take him up because I kinda like having the higher stakes.

If we win it will be the THIRD TIME 90 percent of this board thought we were doomed and he called it.

He would deserve props for calling it.....bet or no bet.

Buzz
12-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Cap'n, you may want to rethink your bet. According to this report, Artie Burns may be in the starting lineup for the Steelers:

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/hes-back-artie-burns-may-start-against-patriots/

Captain Lemming
12-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Cap'n, you may want to rethink your bet. According to this report, Artie Burns may be in the starting lineup for the Steelers:

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/hes-back-artie-burns-may-start-against-patriots/

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:: cry::-(:-(:-(:HeadBanger:HeadBanger:HeadBanger
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

No "rethinking" bro I took the challenge. :)

Ernie
12-13-2018, 06:52 PM
The Steelers have been good over the years...at proving people wrong when they've given up on the team... hopefully it's one of those games.. I'd like to go into January with us relatively healthy...and going into the post season. Anything can happen in a single elimination tournament.

Steelhere10
12-13-2018, 08:25 PM

If we win. No more negative post about Tomlin and I will not post negative about Ben for the rest of the season. Deal?

squidkid
12-14-2018, 09:44 AM
If we win. No more negative post about Tomlin and I will not post negative about Ben for the rest of the season. Deal?

so what happens to you if we lose?

Eich
12-14-2018, 10:18 AM

He has to post a video of him breaking his TV with a baseball bat!

https://youtu.be/8b6AzZsgS9E

Captain Lemming
12-14-2018, 11:53 AM
This is fake BTW. I just updated the original thread with proof. It was really quite well done to get a viral reaction.

Eich
12-14-2018, 01:03 PM
This is fake BTW. I just updated the original thread with proof. It was really quite well done to get a viral reaction.

I assumed it was from the beginning .

Steel Maniac
12-14-2018, 02:08 PM

oh boy. There's a reason we are not favored in our own stadium.

Steelhere10
12-14-2018, 04:44 PM

I said I will not post negative about Ben. Let's make it until this time next year to raise the bet.

squidkid
12-14-2018, 05:26 PM
I said I will not post negative about Ben. Let's make it until this time next year to raise the bet.

actually you did not say that.
nah, end of our season is fine but we can do a signature bet to up it.

winwithd
12-14-2018, 07:53 PM
I caught some of Steven A Smith this afternoon on the radio. He says he has given up on the Steelers. Someone called in and said that each team the Patriots lost to this year had an ex-Patriot on it that was upset with the way the Pats treated them when they left them go. Enter Steven Ridley. Our possible key to victory. Another article I read said the Pats run defense has been a big weakness of theirs lately.

All interviews I've heard of the players this week seem to have a different tone than usual. I think they are in playoff mode and I think they may do what they almost did last year. Beat the Cheats. 41-31 us, if turnovers are equal or in our favor

Buzz
12-14-2018, 10:11 PM
All interviews I've heard of the players this week seem to have a different tone than usual. I think they are in playoff mode and I think they may do what they almost did last year.

They said they were in playoff mode last week. We saw how that turned out.

Ernie
12-14-2018, 10:26 PM

You can drop the mic sir... and walk away. lol

I'm like you... I don't care if they think they are in "Playoff mode" right now. That so called sense of urgency is not translating to W's on Sunday. With the Chiefs lost yesterday, we could have been #1 seed in the AFC, had we not taken a "Deuce" the last 3 weeks.

Disco1981
12-14-2018, 10:56 PM

They SAID that...But the way they actually PLAYED and COACHED showed otherwise...

NOW...The players and coaches say they ARE IN playoff mode...Talk is cheap, I'll believe it when I SEE it

Ernie
12-15-2018, 07:08 AM
They SAID that...But the way they actually PLAYED and COACHED showed otherwise...

NOW...The players and coaches say they ARE IN playoff mode...Talk is cheap, I'll believe it when I SEE it

couple this with the fact the Brady and Bellicheat are 11-2 versus the Steelers in the Brady era. I don't feel good about Sunday.

skyhawk
12-16-2018, 09:59 PM
bump..........

Nice call.

brothervad
12-16-2018, 10:34 PM
So want to focus on the positive today...

It was a great gameplan on the defense today.
The scheme on offense was also brialliant with 5 wide and a lot of counters
The team while didn't get a lot of sacks they were applying pressure all day
The O line kept Ben up mostly and a super clean pocket, as well as opening holes/sealing for outside runs
Our kicker made the kick when it counted
Pretty excited about Rogers, Switzer, Washington starting to show signs of becoming additional targets/options for Ben

I said I wanted to focus on the positive but I cannot completely drink the kool aid...

Near the end Butler showed his habit of going back into Zone (even Romo said stop that) on the final drive
2nd half offensive woes continue
Ben...I think he was short on his long throws all day and I think that is a function of his injury from last week
The Kicker (I am not calling him by name) has got to get out of this funk since this team will continue to play to the level of the opponent. That means needing a clutch kicker.

However, man am I happy that they finally got the monkey of their back.

If that stupid catch rule it would be two in row....

GO STEELERS!!!!!

brothervad

Buzz
12-16-2018, 11:31 PM
So want to focus on the positive today...

It was a great gameplan on the defense today.
The scheme on offense was also brialliant with 5 wide and a lot of counters
The team while didn't get a lot of sacks they were applying pressure all day
The O line kept Ben up mostly and a super clean pocket, as well as opening holes/sealing for outside runs
Our kicker made the kick when it counted
Pretty excited about Rogers, Switzer, Washington starting to show signs of becoming additional targets/options for Ben

I said I wanted to focus on the positive but I cannot completely drink the kool aid...

Near the end Butler showed his habit of going back into Zone (even Romo said stop that) on the final drive
2nd half offensive woes continue
Ben...I think he was short on his long throws all day and I think that is a function of his injury from last week
The Kicker (I am not calling him by name) has got to get out of this funk since this team will continue to play to the level of the opponent. That means needing a clutch kicker.

However, man am I happy that they finally got the monkey of their back.

If that stupid catch rule it would be two in row....

GO STEELERS!!!!!

brothervad

Good post.

I hope we can build on this game. IF we can pick up momentum this time of year, who knows? I'm afraid to get my hopes up too much, but it's looking brighter than a week ago, that's for sure.

Steel Maniac
12-17-2018, 09:13 AM
Brady is in decline. We’ve all seen it over the last 7 weeks. That’s why Tomlin’s plan A worked. Glad the losing streak to them is over. I was tired being the Patriots b!tch.

Oviedo
12-17-2018, 09:27 AM
Good post.

I hope we can build on this game. IF we can pick up momentum this time of year, who knows? I'm afraid to get my hopes up too much, but it's looking brighter than a week ago, that's for sure.

"Nothing to fear but fear itself"

Have faith. We will do this