PDA

View Full Version : Here it is

pittpete
12-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Make sure you have your puke bucket next to you and your dictionary to look up all the words Tomlin will use.
Tomlin post game ramblings >>
http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/0ap3000000998256/Tomlin-confirms-Big-Ben-had-a-rib-injury-but-was-cleared-to-re-enter

SteelBucks
12-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Make sure you have your puke bucket next to you and your dictionary to look up all the words Tomlin will use.
Tomlin post game ramblings >>
http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/0ap3000000998256/Tomlin-confirms-Big-Ben-had-a-rib-injury-but-was-cleared-to-re-enter

I’ll pass. I’ve heard when the rubber meets the road, standard is the standard and raising hell one too many times.

squidkid
12-09-2018, 10:52 PM
i find it amazing how many fans are okay with the direction tomlin has been taking this team

SidSmythe
12-09-2018, 10:57 PM
I've never been on the Fire Tomlin bandwagon but this is getting old.
My only quandary is WHO do you hire??
Certainly no one on staff.
#BringBackCowher

squidkid
12-09-2018, 11:02 PM
#BringBackCowher

agreed. no one on staff.
we need some young , hungry guy that can instill some discipline and hold people accountable

SteelBucks
12-09-2018, 11:06 PM
#BringBackCowher

The only coach that’s earned his paycheck this season is Mike Munchak. I agree though, need to go outside of the current staff.

pittpete
12-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Need someone who can actually gameplan x's and o's
Tomlin isnt an offensive guy and apparently not a defensive guy

pittpete
12-09-2018, 11:35 PM
Roethlisberger on the loss in Oakland>>
https://www.steelers.com/video/roethlisberger-on-the-loss-in-oakland?fbclid=IwAR3NWCPWBRTiKuh9qxwqqzVJvrr3ZWcuH W3KOiFTItz7Pw7FBft4LNcqz7E

When asked about if he could have went in earlier, he said "ask coach"

SteelBucks
12-09-2018, 11:38 PM
Roethlisberger on the loss in Oakland>>
https://www.steelers.com/video/roethlisberger-on-the-loss-in-oakland?fbclid=IwAR3NWCPWBRTiKuh9qxwqqzVJvrr3ZWcuH W3KOiFTItz7Pw7FBft4LNcqz7E

When asked about if he could have went in earlier, he said "ask coach"

That’s pretty damning right there.

papillon
12-09-2018, 11:44 PM
agreed. no one on staff.
we need some young , hungry guy that can instill some discipline and hold people accountable

Young and disciplined are typically mutually exclusive adjectives at least with the young adults that I know.

Pappy

NorthCoast
12-10-2018, 01:21 AM
My take; Tomlin felt the game was reasonably in hand enough to use Roethlisberger's injury to get Dobbs some reps in a real game. The idea being the further the Steelers get into the season, the higher the risk that an injury to Roethlisberger will be catastrophic without having a guy that has much real game experience.

Tomlin often refers to his 'gut' when making these kinds of decisions and my guess his gut was speaking to him again today.

pittpete
12-10-2018, 01:39 AM
He needs to find a new gut.
This was assennine

Ernie
12-10-2018, 06:48 AM
#BringBackCowher

I see your point.. but that definitely should not be used as a reason not to get rid of tomlin.. there's coaching talent all around the league.. and sometimes in unexpected places... just look at the job the new Colts coach is doing.

Steel Maniac
12-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Look at the Rams ; the Bears...there’s plenty of coaching talent out there.

Jooser
12-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Ben hung him out to dry, and glad he did. That being said, I believe that Tomlin essentially benched Ben for some of his errant throws that have been plaguing this team all season long. I don't believe that Ben and Tomlin see eye to eye and that sucks, as the results of that relationship are manifesting on the field. The team is sick, and needs pruned deeply.

Mick'sTeam
12-10-2018, 10:28 AM
I'm tired of the "who better can we bring in" case for keeping Tomlin. Who better? So you're telling me we cannot find someone to mismanage the clock, go 0-9 on challenges, and continue to show a complete inability to make in game adjustments and consistently lose to inferior opponents? Finding a coach to do those things should be rather easy!
I'm at the point where I'll spin the wheels on any other option. Munch - Lincoln Riley - anyone. I don't care if they're young, old, offensive minded, defensive minded - we just need a change!

SteelBucks
12-10-2018, 10:35 AM
I'm tired of the "who better can we bring in" case for keeping Tomlin. Who better? So you're telling me we cannot find someone to mismanage the clock, go 0-9 on challenges, and continue to show a complete inability to make in game adjustments and consistently lose to inferior opponents? Finding a coach to do those things should be rather easy!
I'm at the point where I'll spin the wheels on any other option. Munch - Lincoln Riley - anyone. I don't care if they're young, old, offensive minded, defensive minded - we just need a change!

Bravo!!!!!

squidkid
12-10-2018, 10:41 AM

lol....no kidding. i have to laugh at these fans when they say that. they act as if they knew cowher would be good after noll, they act as if they knew tomlin would be good after cowher, the fact is, they never even heard of those guys before they became our head coach.

steeler_george
12-10-2018, 02:45 PM
#BringBackCowher

Bruce Arians!!!!

Northern_Blitz
12-10-2018, 02:54 PM
agreed. no one on staff.

If we did fire him, I'd want someone young and hungry as well.

But we won't fire him (this year at least).

AzStillers1989
12-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Bruce Arians!!!!

HHahaha I was just going to post this after finishing reading the entire thread... beat me to it!!

pittpete
12-10-2018, 09:01 PM
For the few Tomlin lovers that post here, what is it that he actually is so great at?
Honest question?

Steel Maniac
12-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Pittpete, this will make your day.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25502959/rb-leveon-bell-likes-instagram-post-showing-final-score-pittsburgh-steelers-latest-loss

pittpete
12-10-2018, 09:10 PM
Now i hope Bell breaks his leg playing basketball.
Screw him

steelz09
12-11-2018, 12:04 AM

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25502959/rb-leveon-bell-likes-instagram-post-showing-final-score-pittsburgh-steelers-latest-loss

Oh, that's classy!

Moonie
12-11-2018, 01:24 AM

What a scumbag!

Ernie
12-11-2018, 07:19 AM
sadly we will have 1 or 2 members come on here and defend Bell's tweet..

saying, "Well technically he's no longer a Steeler"... blah blah blah. I'm glad we are rid of this cancer. Some dumb team is gonna get smoked on the next Bell contract, just like the Vikings did with Kirk Cousins.