PDA

View Full Version : when do the apologies come out

squidkid
12-07-2018, 02:26 PM
for that officiating clusterF last week?

didnt a ref get fired for missing a blatant offside/false start a few weeks ago?
you would think we would at least get an apology for an obvious false start, block in the back and potential 'you werent offside on the fg attempt'

Buzz
12-07-2018, 03:17 PM
maybe it's hard to apologize when you're deliberately making the wrong calls

Steelwolf
12-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Having this conversation with some Bengal fans in the office today, they noted Steelers have had their fair share of calls in the games, of course busted their balls about it but my theory is...rivers needs a legit shot at one sb so the door is open to them by beating the Steelers, making that wildcard super run

Northern_Blitz
12-07-2018, 06:02 PM
Having this conversation with some Bengal fans in the office today, they noted Steelers have had their fair share of calls in the games, of course busted their balls about it but my theory is...rivers needs a legit shot at one sb so the door is open to them by beating the Steelers, making that wildcard super run

I think it's just that refs are human and they screw up sometimes. In the long run, I think it evens out. But as fans, we remember the crappy calls against us and we overlook the crappy calls for us. That's why every fan base in the league things that the refs are biased against their team.

This was a big screw up and I'm sure we'll get a letter from the league saying that there was an error and they're sorry. But that doesn't affect the outcome of the game.