PDA

View Full Version : Feeling worse now than yesterday

pittpete
12-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Just got home from the long sad drive back to NY.
Not only did i get to watch the 3 FG attempts live but now i have to read about the Chargers LS moving the ball.
Im sick all over again.
I don't want to believe it, but i just don't think we're a very good team this year.
I'm hoping but would be very surprised if we held on to the division this year.
I guess im over the disbelief, then angry phase and now in the i want to cry phase:neutral:

NorthCoast
12-03-2018, 08:56 PM
The holes in defensive talent that were identified before the season seem to have re-appeared (or more correctly, not really filled). The coaches have little to no options to reshuffled the chairs on the Titanic to keep it from sinking.

I still think they will manage to scrape together enough wins to take the division but it will come down to the last week to do it.

NorthCoast
12-03-2018, 09:33 PM
......you might get a little queasy reading the stat below:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1049401918244544512/q_5Zqmsg_normal.jpg (https://twitter.com/NextGenStats)Next Gen Stats
✔@NextGenStats

(https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1069462910059991040)

Keenan Allen was targeted 9 times when a Steelers linebacker was the nearest defender. No wide receiver has been targeted more against a linebacker in a game since #NextGenStats began tracking nearest defender metrics in 2016.#LACvsPIT

pittpete
12-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Read that and actually got to see it live.
It was a disgrace.
Imagine what Bellicheat is going to do to this defense

Steel Maniac
12-03-2018, 11:18 PM
The holes in defensive talent that were identified before the season seem to have re-appeared (or more correctly, not really filled). The coaches have little to no options to reshuffled the chairs on the Titanic to keep it from sinking.

I still think they will manage to scrape together enough wins to take the division but it will come down to the last week to do it.

If the Ravens find a way to beat the Chiefs, it will indeed get REAL interesting.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-04-2018, 11:02 AM
......you might get a little queasy reading the stat below:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1049401918244544512/q_5Zqmsg_normal.jpg (https://twitter.com/NextGenStats)Next Gen Stats
✔@NextGenStats

(https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1069462910059991040)

Keenan Allen was targeted 9 times when a Steelers linebacker was the nearest defender. No wide receiver has been targeted more against a linebacker in a game since #NextGenStats began tracking nearest defender metrics in 2016.#LACvsPIT

Did we have other options that were realistically better? What was Haden being assigned to do?

As long as Ben keeps throwing RZ pics, how much does it matter?

Ghost
12-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Did we have other options that were realistically better? What was Haden being assigned to do?

As long as Ben keeps throwing RZ pics, how much does it matter?

Why not bring Mike Hilton in to cover him. He's giving up a bunch of height but he's a ton faster than a LB and maybe he can get a hand on it. Got to be better than letting Allen be open by 5 to 7 yards every time.

Ben threw 1 pick in the game and San Diego punted after it. The D was the issue and the coaches refusal to cover a Pro Bowl receiver.

Eich
12-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Why not bring Mike Hilton in to cover him. He's giving up a bunch of height but he's a ton faster than a LB and maybe he can get a hand on it. Got to be better than letting Allen be open by 5 to 7 yards every time.

Ben threw 1 pick in the game and San Diego punted after it. The D was the issue and the coaches refusal to cover a Pro Bowl receiver.

The D was a big, fat, glaring issue in the 2nd half. But we could have easily survived that D if it weren't for horrible officiating, a horrible special teams gaffe, a stagnated offense in the 2nd half, and Haden getting blasted by his own player on a sure interception in the EZ.

Sword
12-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Read that and actually got to see it live.
It was a disgrace.
Imagine what Bellicheat is going to do to this defense

They smirk and laugh at Tomlin when they are in Pittsburgh.....they will torch us...Tomlin cannot beat Pats......

Starlifter
12-06-2018, 05:35 PM
the pats are not worried about the running game. they will double AB and press JuJu to limit both. They aren't worried about our TE's or #3 receiver. On offense they are going to be running crossing routes like crazy and putting Gronk on undersized DB's.

we know that's what they're going to do - but will not scheme to combat it. The players will all give a great effort of course and Tomlin will likely 'own it' and 'tip is cap' to the pats in the post game presser.

The Man of Steel
12-06-2018, 05:53 PM
Just got home from the long sad drive back to NY.
Not only did i get to watch the 3 FG attempts live but now i have to read about the Chargers LS moving the ball.
Im sick all over again.
I don't want to believe it, but i just don't think we're a very good team this year.
I'm hoping but would be very surprised if we held on to the division this year.
I guess im over the disbelief, then angry phase and now in the i want to cry phase:neutral:
Look at the bright side. The Steelers really should be on a 3 game losing streak as opposed to just 2 right now.

Steel Maniac
12-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Wonder are we going to put any more linebackers on star wide receivers again?

winwithd
12-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Wonder are we going to put any more linebackers on star wide receivers again?

I don't think the Raiders have a star WR. So probably not this week.

Mick'sTeam
12-07-2018, 09:54 AM
Have I missed something or has there been a total lack of acknowledgement by the league of the completely missed calls by the refs in the LAC game? I do not totally blame the refs, but there was some egregious misses that definitely impacted the game. I know the league is apprehensive about calling out officials, but in cases like this, they've at least acknowledged the errors. It's one thing for it to happen, but even more frustrating for it to go unmentioned by the league. Have I missed something?

Sword
12-07-2018, 09:56 AM
There will be a star WR after playing us.....

squidkid
12-07-2018, 10:13 AM

so we will put a d lineman on their mediocre ones?