PDA

View Full Version : Kareem Hunt done?

pittpete
11-30-2018, 06:42 PM
Suspension looming, career over?

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-chiefs-kareem-hunt-attacked-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/

AzStillers1989
11-30-2018, 09:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000994151/article/nfl-places-kareem-hunt-on-commissioner-exempt-list

Appears so.

pittpete
11-30-2018, 10:01 PM
Its awesome how one of them took the girls phone who was capturing it on video and looked to be deleting it.
Yes, Kareem was sleeping when this took place?
Let's go to the video tape>>>> what a dirtbag

tiproast
11-30-2018, 10:02 PM
Looks as if he's not on the Chiefs anymore.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/statement-from-the-kansas-city-chiefs-on-rb-kareem-hunt

pittpete
11-30-2018, 10:04 PM
yup, he's done

https://fox4kc.com/2018/11/30/chiefs-cut-rb-kareem-hunt-after-video-released-of-hunt-shoving-kicking-woman/

Buzz
11-30-2018, 10:08 PM
Well, that career was short

fordfixer
11-30-2018, 10:10 PM
So it could be that KC is now in the Hunt for a new Running Back maybe they are the ones the will ring the Bell. Pardon the pun.

Disco1981
11-30-2018, 11:21 PM
So it could be that KC is now in the Hunt for a new Running Back maybe they are the ones the will ring the Bell. Pardon the pun.

Hell ya...Bell is just a repeat drug offender...Not a woman beater ��

fordfixer
11-30-2018, 11:43 PM
Chiefs statement

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_thumb_squared/f_auto/chiefs/zmftnytshbhdqjuo1ol2.jpg

Chiefs Public Relations
(https://twitter.com/#!/chiefspr) (chiefspr@chiefs.nfl.com)

“Earlier this year, we were made aware of an incident involving running back Kareem Hunt. At that time, the National Football League and law enforcement initiated investigations into the issue. As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately.”

pittpete
11-30-2018, 11:50 PM
What a waste of talent, it sucks

RuthlessBurgher
12-01-2018, 01:27 AM
Well, that career was short

Cincy can still claim him. They drafted Joe Mixon in round 2 after video was released of him sucker punching a woman in the face. Those scumbags can build themselves an Ike Turner approved backfield. Maybe even hire Ray Rice to be their RB coach too.

AzStillers1989
12-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Lol! Now here’s some drama!!

think the chiefs don’t fall apart in the coming 6 weeks?!

Ernie
12-01-2018, 04:22 AM

Ha.. I highly doubt that. The Chiefs have a ton of High Paid Weapons... and won't be adding Bell for 17 mill a year... especially when he wasn't any better than the guy they just lost who was on a rookie deal.

Mr.wizard
12-01-2018, 06:28 AM
Why is it so hard not to fight women?

Terrapin
12-01-2018, 09:27 AM
I think we should sign him. Him and Connor would be an incredible, low cost RB tandem next year. Would be pretty ironic too if Lev signs in KC

Starlifter
12-01-2018, 12:40 PM
I think we should sign him. Him and Connor would be an incredible, low cost RB tandem next year. Would be pretty ironic too if Lev signs in KC

Of course the Steelers never would - and I applaud them for that. That being said, I'm so sick of other dirtbag teams (cowboys, redskins, bungles etc) signing these guys without any repercussions. Hunt is so good and for our playoff run it would (from a player standpoint) be a great addition. The right thing to do isn't always the easiest - but as much as I would hate the signing, I have to admit the Steeler fan in me who was hoping for a Conner/Bell tandem would be intrigued.

But not only will the Steelers NOT sign him - he'd never get to us. There are a lot of true dirtbag franchises ahead of us.

Starlifter
12-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Of course the Steelers never would - and I applaud them for that. That being said, I'm so sick of other dirtbag teams (cowboys, redskins, bungles etc) signing these guys without any repercussions. Hunt is so good and for our playoff run it would (from a player standpoint) be a great addition. The right thing to do isn't always the easiest - but as much as I would hate the signing, I have to admit the Steeler fan in me who was hoping for a Conner/Bell tandem would be intrigued.

But not only will the Steelers NOT sign him - he'd never get to us. There are a lot of true dirtbag franchises ahead of us.

BTW - you should never hit a woman. But that doesn't mean there's not a reason to....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fc_38z4HJQ

RuthlessBurgher
12-01-2018, 01:22 PM
The Chiefs are still a scumbag team as well, even after Hunt's release. They knew what Tyreek Hill plead guilty to before they drafted him, and it was worse than Hunt. But because there is no video of Hill and there is now video of Hunt, Hunt is no longer a Chief but Hill still is. Until there is video, there is no public outcry. And that's all that the NFL is worried about...public outcry. They aren't taking some grand moral stand here.

Steel Maniac
12-01-2018, 03:26 PM
The Chiefs are still a scumbag team as well, even after Hunt's release. They knew what Tyreek Hill plead guilty to before they drafted him, and it was worse than Hunt. But because there is no video of Hill and there is now video of Hunt, Hunt is no longer a Chief but Hill still is. Until there is video, there is no public outcry. And that's all that the NFL is worried about...public outcry. They aren't taking some grand moral stand here.

Exactly. The NFL is worried about the backlash. They don't want to be in the same situation as they found themselves with the Ray Rice incident. That's why they acted swiftly; and I knew they would too because of the Rice incident.

But I have a feeling that Hunt is going to take a anger class in the summer and be on the Raiders next year. He's too talented for someone not to go after him. Remember, the Cowboys still went after Greg Hardy after what he did. So someone is going to give Hunt a shot.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Is that much different to what the Steelers knew for years that James Harrison did to his girlfriend/mother of his child? (No film showing that, either)?

Steel Maniac
12-01-2018, 03:36 PM
No film on Harrison. So we will never know the severity of what happened with him. But with Hunt and Rice, we saw it. Hunt kicked a women in the side while she was on the ground. What could she have said to cause that type of rage? Doesn't matter. He should have walked away. When single and dealing with any of these women, you have to just walk away.

Terrapin
12-01-2018, 03:48 PM
Why is a 19 yo girl drunk off her ass, hanging out at 3am at a hotel with a bunch of men? Maybe it's time women start using a little common sense as well. As far as the viscous beating, she's the only one that could have been charged

This isn't even close to Rice, Mixon, etc. Hunt will be back next year helping some team win games.

Steel Maniac
12-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Why is a 19 yo girl drunk off her ass, hanging out at 3am at a hotel with a bunch of men? Maybe it's time women start using a little common sense as well. As far as the viscous beating, she's the only one that could have been charged

This isn't even close to Rice, Mixon, etc. Hunt will be back next year helping some team win games.

Women ( in this country) are not held to being as accountable as men. And that's just the truth. Yeah she shouldn't have been there but she's going to claim the "totally innocent" role and get away with it. That's just the way it is. As a male athlete in this country, you have to understand that your a target. A target by gold digging women who see you as a big pay day. Either by lawsuit or locking your money up long term by having your baby.

They have women who teach classes on how to catch a baller. This is where we are at now in society.

Did you know that the NFL gives all the rookies a symposium in Los Angeles after the draft about this?? Yep. Chris Carter, Deion Sanders and other veterans tell these guys about these type of women and situations as well as how to handle your money etc. So Hunt knew about this type of scenerio; he was told about it almost two years ago. And still allowed himself to get caught up.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-01-2018, 04:28 PM
The woman didn't take his foot and make it kick her. Whether she was out to get him or not had zero zilch to do with whether he kicks her or not.

He owns that action, not her or anyone else.

BURGH86STEEL
12-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Fans should be careful about slinging rocks at other teams. The Steelers had their share of players with off the field issues.

People make mistakes in life. Hopefully Hunt and other learn from what happened. Hunt should get another chance like other players did.

SteelBucks
12-01-2018, 05:54 PM
Ray Rice, Part 2. Hunt is done.

Buzz
12-01-2018, 08:18 PM
The woman didn't take his foot and make it kick her. Whether she was out to get him or not had zero zilch to do with whether he kicks her or not.

He owns that action, not her or anyone else.

$$$$$
These players have got to know, you hit/ slap/ kick/ throw down/ etc. a woman, it could severely damage or even end your career.

Moonie
12-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Some of you sound like the "get off my lawn" types. How is this woman targeting/gaming anything when she's on the ground and this soulless creep kicks her? She must be the most calculating, cunning, and clairvoyant person on earth to know she could goad jagoff Hunt to do that. All on video no less!

Northern_Blitz
12-01-2018, 08:38 PM

This..........

Terrapin
12-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Some of you sound like the "get off my lawn" types. How is this woman targeting/gaming anything when she's on the ground and this soulless creep kicks her? She must be the most calculating, cunning, and clairvoyant person on earth to know she could goad jagoff Hunt to do that. All on video no less!

Let's not pretend like this was some spinning back kick by a karate master, or curb stomping her head. I've seen harder kicks done by senior citizens in physical therapy.

No, she couldn't have plotted to get 'kicked'. But she apparently did plot to allow herself to get in that situation (really, could something good have happened there?), then assault Hunt. Yes, she assaulted him first.

I know the feminists and sissy boys will get up and arms at that statement, but it's the truth. She put herself in a terrible situation (unless Hunts thugs kidnapped her?), got hammered, started slapping and punching people, and got shoved to the ground for her trouble.

Hunt may be a loser, but this girl gets zero sympathy from me. I wouldn't think twice about signing him. This isn't Rice, Mixon, Peterson, etc

pittpete
12-02-2018, 12:35 AM
You are a moron if you cant see anything wrong with kicking a woman.

Mr.wizard
12-02-2018, 09:03 AM

So girls can't hang out with men at 3 am or they might get beaten? what does that say about men? Also he would be the one charged, he went after her he was fighting through people to get to her.

birtikidis
12-02-2018, 09:25 AM
You are a moron if you cant see anything wrong with kicking a woman.
The mental gymnastics is astounding

Northern_Blitz
12-02-2018, 02:56 PM
The mental gymnastics is astounding

There's such a thing a minimum necessary force.

When you're an NFL running back and you're "attacked" by a woman who likely has more than 100 lbs less muscle mass than you do, you need to use some restraint when you're dealing with the situation (provided no one is armed).

And if the situation escalates, you need to just leave.

He screwed up big time here. I don't think it should necessarily end his career, but I do think he needs to figure our his culpability in this, demonstrate remorse, and figure out how to avoid these kinds of situations in the future before he should be able to play in the league again. I said pretty much the same thing about Ben when he was acting like an idiot off the field (at best).

Steel Maniac
12-04-2018, 08:40 AM
He shouldn’t have done it ; no doubt . But I’m not opposed to signing him provided he goes to counseling and community service.
And what got me to this point is what Clay Travis was discussing about this on Fox sports.

Mick'sTeam
12-04-2018, 09:53 AM
We signed Najeh Davenport after he pooped in a hamper in some girls dorm room. So our backsides aren't as clean as we think :):D

papillon
12-04-2018, 01:22 PM
We signed Najeh Davenport after he pooped in a hamper in some girls dorm room. So our backsides aren't as clean as we think :):D

This made me laugh out loud.

Pappy

Mr.wizard
12-04-2018, 02:53 PM
He shouldn’t have done it ; no doubt . But I’m not opposed to signing him provided he goes to counseling and community service.
And what got me to this point is what Clay Travis was discussing about this on Fox sports.

Hold the effin phone! Aren't you the guy who was crying that the Steelers couldn't possibly allow Bell back in the lockerroom because of the way he handled his contract holdout? But you are fine if they bring in Kareem Hunt after going after a girl? I am speechless.

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Hold the effin phone! Aren't you the guy who was crying that the Steelers couldn't possibly allow Bell back in the lockerroom because of the way he handled his contract holdout? But you are fine if they bring in Kareem Hunt after going after a girl? I am speechless.

I should reply to this post with a maniacal laughing fit or twenty periods on a row for some reason.

Northern_Blitz
12-04-2018, 04:02 PM
This made me laugh out loud.

Pappy

I miss the dump truck jokes!

Northern_Blitz
12-04-2018, 04:03 PM

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I doing this right?

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2018, 04:09 PM
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I doing this right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(You got me...I forgot to channel my inner John Madden...or Emeril Lagasse, for that matter)

squidkid
12-04-2018, 04:15 PM
sign him
we had no problem signing vick

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Sure...dogs, women...same thing. :roll:

squidkid
12-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Sure...dogs, women...same thing. :roll:

lol....there you go making things up again.
so, can you show me where i said dogs and woman are the same?

okay would you rather have your daughter(which she more than likely had something to do with escalating the situation) shoved, like in the video, or have your family dog tore apart to death where your dog had nothing to do with pissing off the killer dogs?

Buzz
12-04-2018, 05:23 PM
so, can you show me where i said dogs and woman are the same?

okay would you rather have your daughter(which she more than likely had something to do with escalating the situation) shoved, like in the video, or have your family dog tore apart to death where your dog had nothing to do with pissing off the killer dogs?

How about having neither?

squidkid
12-04-2018, 05:30 PM
How about having neither?

that would be my choice as well but ruth seems to be in favor of torturing dogs for fun but is appalled that a girl(that more than likely had some degree of accountability) got shoved

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2018, 05:42 PM
that would be my choice as well but ruth seems to be in favor of torturing dogs for fun but is appalled that a girl(that more than likely had some degree of accountability) got shoved

so, can you show me where i said i am in favor of torturing dogs for fun?

squidkid
12-04-2018, 06:03 PM
so, can you show me where i said i am in favor of torturing dogs for fun?

as soon as you show me where i said dogs and woman are the same
besides, by making that comment dogs same as woman suggests that you think its okay for torture dogs but not push woman

Steel Maniac
12-04-2018, 06:53 PM

Great one!!

Steel Maniac
12-04-2018, 07:01 PM

What Bell did was to the guys on the field. What Hunt did was off the field. Now is what he did wrong?? Without a doubt. But let's be real here...the police said there wasn't enough to take him to court. And the girl hasn't sued him or charged him either.

There are a lot of men across this country who have jobs and have done things like this. Did they lose their jobs? No. If every man in this country had lost a job because of what happened at home, then there would be a lot more unemployed men out there.

I don't see who told the NFL that their job is to cure social ills. Yes they'd get some flack and lose an endorsement or two but things blow over. Plus..we have Joe Mixon on the Bengles who's done worse; we have Tyrek Hill on the same team who beat and kicked a pregnant women and yet he's playing in the league and nobody is saying anything about him or pulling advertising because of him.

Punish the guy yes....but he deserves a chance to come back to the league at some point. Because there are a lot of other men in this country who've done this, been wrong but are allowed to keep their everyday jobs.

Nobody is complaining over Joe Mixon, Nobody is complaining over Tyrek Hill. People get over it and move on. This " I am outraged" thing last 24 hours and moves on. Making him take couses and anger management, community service and then allow him to go back to work.

Every other man in America who's done similar on a normal job has that option. Why not him?

When I really stood back and looked at this in a "big picture" mentality, this is how I feel on this one.

Mr.wizard
12-04-2018, 07:57 PM
What Bell did was to the guys on the field. What Hunt did was off the field. Now is what he did wrong?? Without a doubt. But let's be real here...the police said there wasn't enough to take him to court. And the girl hasn't sued him or charged him either.

There are a lot of men across this country who have jobs and have done things like this. Did they lose their jobs? No. If every man in this country had lost a job because of what happened at home, then there would be a lot more unemployed men out there.

I don't see who told the NFL that their job is to cure social ills. Yes they'd get some flack and lose an endorsement or two but things blow over. Plus..we have Joe Mixon on the Bengles who's done worse; we have Tyrek Hill on the same team who beat and kicked a pregnant women and yet he's playing in the league and nobody is saying anything about him or pulling advertising because of him.

Punish the guy yes....but he deserves a chance to come back to the league at some point. Because there are a lot of other men in this country who've done this, been wrong but are allowed to keep their everyday jobs.

Nobody is complaining over Joe Mixon, Nobody is complaining over Tyrek Hill. People get over it and move on. This " I am outraged" thing last 24 hours and moves on. Making him take couses and anger management, community service and then allow him to go back to work.

Every other man in America who's done similar on a normal job has that option. Why not him?

When I really stood back and looked at this in a "big picture" mentality, this is how I feel on this one.

Are you done ranting? Clearly you missed the point, everyone knows there are guys in the league who have done terrible things, in fact I pointed that out several times when you were crying that Bell would not be welcomed in the locker room. The fact that you think Bell should not be welcomed in the locker room and that Hunt should not only get a second chance but "deserves" a second chance is pretty telling. You have also repeatedly tried to make the case that nobody should pay Bell because there are so many running backs out there who can easily replace him and yet you think taking on a guy like Hunt is a good idea, what the hell happened to the plethora of star backs ready to go?

pittpete
12-04-2018, 07:58 PM
Hunt should never be allowed to play in the NFL again.

Ghost
12-04-2018, 08:09 PM

Donte Stallworth was convicted of DUI manslaughter and got to play in the league again. A lifetime ban for a kick seems excessive. Definitely some time away, some counseling, and community service. It’s not too late to give him a second chance.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-04-2018, 08:15 PM
Leonard little killed a woman driving drunk and played

the outrage over what Kareem hunt did is overblown

Terrapin
12-04-2018, 08:49 PM
Leonard little killed a woman driving drunk and played

the outrage over what Kareem hunt did is overblown

Everything in society nowadays is overblown. I just sit back and laugh at the triggered snowflakes

pittpete
12-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Kicking a woman while shes on the floor is overblown?
Wow

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2018, 09:25 PM
as soon as you show me where i said dogs and woman are the same
besides, by making that comment dogs same as woman suggests that you think its okay for torture dogs but not push woman

I'm not in favor of either signing, Vick in the past or Hunt in the future. But you are attempting to justify signing a current scumbag just because the team signed another scumbag in the past. I don't want this team to sign guys who financed dog fighting ring or guys who kick women when they are on the ground. You are saying that since we had no problem signing Vick once upon a time, we should sign Hunt now. I disagree. I didn't want Vick and I don't want Hunt either.

BURGH86STEEL
12-04-2018, 10:22 PM
Come on man. Acting like people are not allowed to make mistakes is ridiculous. Especially considering when we don't now what was said to push Hunt over the edge. The woman slapped him. What else was said that pushed Hunt over the edge? Was alcohol involved? I think everybody has limits of what they will take depending on different factors and circumstances.

One ironic thing is people follow and support a very violent sport. Players have to morph into different and violent individuals on the field. Sometimes players morph into those individuals off the field. It's surprising that more violent behavior doesn't take place off the field. Especially when considering there are individuals out there in the world that are out to get to players for a pay day.

Hunt deserves another chance.

Mr.wizard
12-05-2018, 06:10 AM
Come on man. Acting like people are not allowed to make mistakes is ridiculous. Especially considering when we don't now what was said to push Hunt over the edge. The woman slapped him. What else was said that pushed Hunt over the edge? Was alcohol involved? I think everybody has limits of what they will take depending on different factors and circumstances.

One ironic thing is people follow and support a very violent sport. Players have to morph into different and violent individuals on the field. Sometimes players morph into those individuals off the field. It's surprising that more violent behavior doesn't take place off the field. Especially when considering there are individuals out there in the world that are out to get to players for a pay day.

Hunt deserves another chance.

That is not a mistake, he went after her first, what ever she said doesn't really matter. He is the one that comes out his room and starts saying something to the girl, also he could have easily walked away from the situation he was fighting through a bunch of people trying to get to the girl. Then kicking her while she is already on the ground is inexcusable, I don't care if his feelings were hurt.

Shawn
12-05-2018, 06:52 AM

Hunt deserves another chance. Hunt absolutely deserves another chance. I seen a guy who lost his cool for an unknown reason. He did so on a female. I don't see anything in that scenario that leads me to believe Hunt can't entertain us with his skill set. We watch modern day gladiator games where men are crippled up and drooling in their soup by their mid 50's from head trauma. Yet, we get self righteous and indignant when one of these warriors loses their cool off the football field. It's hypocritical and self righteous. I would bet everyone on this forum has done at least one thing they are ashamed of, something they wouldn't want people to know. Should you lose your job over it?

Shawn
12-05-2018, 06:58 AM
There's such a thing a minimum necessary force.

When you're an NFL running back and you're "attacked" by a woman who likely has more than 100 lbs less muscle mass than you do, you need to use some restraint when you're dealing with the situation (provided no one is armed).

And if the situation escalates, you need to just leave.

He screwed up big time here. I don't think it should necessarily end his career, but I do think he needs to figure our his culpability in this, demonstrate remorse, and figure out how to avoid these kinds of situations in the future before he should be able to play in the league again. I said pretty much the same thing about Ben when he was acting like an idiot off the field (at best). I can't disagree with any of this. He lost his cool and did something ignorant. There should be punishment in it. But, to lose your career over one off the field incident? No. I hate that our society is like that. We are all so ready to judge and end careers...for other people. But, I'm sure if one of you leave a BW3s with just a little too much alcohol in your system and land in the county jail...you might want to be able to work again in your field.

Mr.wizard
12-05-2018, 07:43 AM
I can't disagree with any of this. He lost his cool and did something ignorant. There should be punishment in it. But, to lose your career over one off the field incident? No. I hate that our society is like that. We are all so ready to judge and end careers...for other people. But, I'm sure if one of you leave a BW3s with just a little too much alcohol in your system and land in the county jail...you might want to be able to work again in your field.

Hunt may get another chance but to say he is deserving of a second chance is crazy. Also it's not our society ending anyone's career, the NFL chooses to employ him or not. When you have a career as a public figure for a high profile organization choices you make outside of your job can effect your employment, it comes with paycheck. I'm sorry but if he doesn't get a second chance then that's on him, it's not society's fault, it's not the NFL's fault, it falls squarely on his shoulders.

Steel Maniac
12-05-2018, 09:02 AM
Are you done ranting? Clearly you missed the point, everyone knows there are guys in the league who have done terrible things, in fact I pointed that out several times when you were crying that Bell would not be welcomed in the locker room. The fact that you think Bell should not be welcomed in the locker room and that Hunt should not only get a second chance but "deserves" a second chance is pretty telling. You have also repeatedly tried to make the case that nobody should pay Bell because there are so many running backs out there who can easily replace him and yet you think taking on a guy like Hunt is a good idea, what the hell happened to the plethora of star backs ready to go?

Ranting?? No. Just calmly saying things to keep a big picture Perspective.

Now, did I say he would definitely be back in the league? No. I said he should do the counseling, community service thing and should be allowed to come back. Now weather a team will actually give him the opportunity is another thing. Because like you & I have said, runningbacks are a devalued position and colleges are cranking them out. The interesting thing about Hunt is that he won’t be that expensive initially and he’s a proven commodity that is still young. I’d have no problem with Colbert taking a chance on him. Once he does all the things he needs to get his anger together.

Bell, lied to his O-linemen, made desperation remarks about the organization on social media , a weed head and only finished one season healthy out of 5. And from all of the above things I just said, not the sharpest knife in the tool shed. Lol.

Hunt’s issue can be treated; all those by Bell? No. Plus .. Hunt is younger, cheaper , more tread on the tires.

Steel Maniac
12-05-2018, 09:08 AM
Hunt may get another chance but to say he is deserving of a second chance is crazy. Also it's not our society ending anyone's career, the NFL chooses to employ him or not. When you have a career as a public figure for a high profile organization choices you make outside of your job can effect your employment, it comes with paycheck. I'm sorry but if he doesn't get a second chance then that's on him, it's not society's fault, it's not the NFL's fault, it falls squarely on his shoulders.

Not true.... the issues of domestic violence in this country is documented. But men are not being fired from everyday jobs for their domestic violent issues. Your being dillusional.

With that said, Hunt put himself in this position. And he may never get a second chance. I understand that. And I hope he does too. But if he does what’s necessary to correct his anger issues , because of his youth and proven track record, I think he’ll get a second chance. I could see the Raiders ( for example) giving him a shot. But he’ll be relatively cheap at first.

BURGH86STEEL
12-05-2018, 09:22 AM
That is not a mistake, he went after her first, what ever she said doesn't really matter. He is the one that comes out his room and starts saying something to the girl, also he could have easily walked away from the situation he was fighting through a bunch of people trying to get to the girl. Then kicking her while she is already on the ground is inexcusable, I don't care if his feelings were hurt.

It was obviously a mistake. People make mistakes. People deserve 2nd chances in life. The world of extremism that some people live in their minds can be a very dangerous place.

Steel Maniac
12-05-2018, 09:29 AM
It was obviously a mistake. People make mistakes. People deserve 2nd chances in life. The world of extremism that some people live in their minds can be a very dangerous place.

Like Mr. Wizard has never made a mistake in something. He messed up; big time! And he’s going to pay a price. A heavy price. But if he’s willing to do the work to help himself , I think he gets a shot. Because of his youth.

squidkid
12-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Not true.... the issues of domestic violence in this country is documented. But men are not being fired from everyday jobs for their domestic violent issues. Your being dillusional.

With that said, Hunt put himself in this position. And he may never get a second chance. I understand that. And I hope he does too. But if he does what’s necessary to correct his anger issues , because of his youth and proven track record, I think he’ll get a second chance. I could see the Raiders ( for example) giving him a shot. But he’ll be relatively cheap at first.

the issue here is 1) the nfl isnt your everyday job and 2) different jobs have different rules and work violations.
my previous job subjected me to random drug testing. 1 dirty drop and my career was over.
i have had and my friends had/do have jobs that dont drug test at all.
is it fair? Yup. i knew when i applied for the job it was one of the terms of employment.
i guess if hunt wanted tgo beat a woman, he should have choice a different caeer

RuthlessBurgher
12-05-2018, 11:16 AM
One RB makes an unpopular business decision and fans treat him as if he is just some piece of trash who kicked a woman while she was on the ground.

Another RB actually kicks a woman while she is on the ground....sign him up!!!

:wft

Disco1981
12-05-2018, 11:30 AM
I can't disagree with any of this. He lost his cool and did something ignorant. There should be punishment in it. But, to lose your career over one off the field incident? No. I hate that our society is like that. We are all so ready to judge and end careers...for other people. But, I'm sure if one of you leave a BW3s with just a little too much alcohol in your system and land in the county jail...you might want to be able to work again in your field.

It's now been confirmed that there has been THREE incidents...I'm all about second chances, and not ruining someone for a slip up...But 3...This guy is a real ******* and a menace...Sorry, No sympathy for this clown

squidkid
12-05-2018, 11:42 AM
no sympathy for me either but i would take him on a cheap deal.
like everything else, this will blow over and another player will take over the headlines for doing something stupid.
gimme some cheap talent that can win us a super bowl.
this would, just be another 'business decision'

Steel Maniac
12-05-2018, 11:53 AM
the issue here is 1) the nfl isnt your everyday job and 2) different jobs have different rules and work violations.
my previous job subjected me to random drug testing. 1 dirty drop and my career was over.
i have had and my friends had/do have jobs that dont drug test at all.
is it fair? Yup. i knew when i applied for the job it was one of the terms of employment.
i guess if hunt wanted tgo beat a woman, he should have choice a different caeer

Squid, nobody is saying he shouldn't be punished. Because what he did was 120% wrong. But to say he can never work in a career again........and......he was never prosecuted by the real authorities either.

This is madness to do all of this but the real authorities have said there is nothing there. The girl didn't press charges. Probably because of the fact she provoked it.

Again, ...should he have done it? Absolutely not. And he was warned, like all rookies are warned about these type of women.

squidkid
12-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Squid, nobody is saying he shouldn't be punished. Because what he did was 120% wrong. But to say he can never work in a career again........and......he was never prosecuted by the real authorities either.

This is madness to do all of this but the real authorities have said there is nothing there. The girl didn't press charges. Probably because of the fact she provoked it.

Again, ...should he have done it? Absolutely not. And he was warned, like all rookies are warned about these type of women.

no, my only point was he knowing violated a work rule. one he knew exsisted and still chose to break. if he hets a second chance. great for him. if he doesnt, oh well.
i guess it just doesnt make any sense to me to have certain work rules if you arent going to enforce them.
i would have loved to show up to work every day half in the bag, squeeze every breasessess i could get my hands on and punch my boss in the face, but the reallty is i knew i would get fired.
i guess hunt can either fall back on that college degree and get another job(maybe find one where kicking chicks is allowed) or go play football for some semi pro team

K Train
12-05-2018, 01:59 PM
The chiefs employee tyreek hill who basically tried to kill his pregnant girlfriend, this not nearly as bad as that.

Its dumb, but on top of it being dumb these guys dont get how smart these girls are lol

Northern_Blitz
12-05-2018, 03:45 PM
like everything else, this will blow over and another player will take over the headlines for doing something stupid.
this would, just be another 'business decision'

I don't think we should sign him on a cheap deal, but I think it's moot anyway.

My understanding is that he's barred from playing in the league until the Commish says it's OK. I don't think that the NFL does that this season, but I'd bet he's in uniform next fall (but not a Steelers Uni).

squidkid
12-05-2018, 04:20 PM
I don't think we should sign him on a cheap deal, but I think it's moot anyway.

My understanding is that he's barred from playing in the league until the Commish says it's OK. I don't think that the NFL does that this season, but I'd bet he's in uniform next fall (but not a Steelers Uni).

i absolutely would sign him. its a no lose situation

Steel Maniac
12-05-2018, 06:12 PM
The chiefs employee tyreek hill who basically tried to kill his pregnant girlfriend, this not nearly as bad as that.

Its dumb, but on top of it being dumb these guys dont get how smart these girls are lol

These women are real smart; they have an agenda.

Mr.wizard
12-05-2018, 07:43 PM

It doesn't have anything to do with extremism, I don't care if he plays in the NFL again, it's not my decision to make. If no teams decide to sign him it's his own fault, I don't see anything about what he did that makes him deserving of a second chance.

Shawn
12-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Hunt may get another chance but to say he is deserving of a second chance is crazy. Also it's not our society ending anyone's career, the NFL chooses to employ him or not. When you have a career as a public figure for a high profile organization choices you make outside of your job can effect your employment, it comes with paycheck. I'm sorry but if he doesn't get a second chance then that's on him, it's not society's fault, it's not the NFL's fault, it falls squarely on his shoulders. I believe everyone deserves a second chance. We have all messed up.

Shawn
12-05-2018, 07:55 PM
this would, just be another 'business decision' Agreed. I would sign him tomorrow.

Mr.wizard
12-05-2018, 08:27 PM
One RB makes an unpopular business decision and fans treat him as if he is just some piece of trash who kicked a woman while she was on the ground.

Another RB actually kicks a woman while she is on the ground....sign him up!!!

:wft

It's unreal

Mr.wizard
12-05-2018, 08:34 PM

Oh yes the girl obviously provoked Hunt into kicking her while she was on the ground, what are going to tell us next, it was self defense?

Buzz
12-05-2018, 08:34 PM
no thugs please

Mr.wizard
12-06-2018, 06:48 AM
I believe everyone deserves a second chance. We have all messed up.

Sure we all mess up but we don't all attack women, I have no respect for men who hit women or people that defend them.

Mr.wizard
12-06-2018, 06:58 AM

What do you mean not true, I didn't say men are being fired from their jobs for domestic violence, are you even reading my posts? Men in every day jobs are not public figures, the NFL will decide Kareem Hunt's fate not society, there is no law that says domestic violence equals the end of a persons career. Hell domestic violence doesn't even mean the end of a career in the NFL. I don't care if he gets a second chance he is a scumbag, but if he doesn't get a second chance it is his own fault.

Steel Maniac
12-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Oh yes the girl obviously provoked Hunt into kicking her while she was on the ground, what are going to tell us next, it was self defense?

Mr. Wizard, where did I not say he should be punished??? I’m not condoning what he did.

But I will say I find it a head scratcher that the women hadn’t pressed charges and that he was not charged.

Steel Maniac
12-06-2018, 09:38 AM
What do you mean not true, I didn't say men are being fired from their jobs for domestic violence, are you even reading my posts? Men in every day jobs are not public figures, the NFL will decide Kareem Hunt's fate not society, there is no law that says domestic violence equals the end of a persons career. Hell domestic violence doesn't even mean the end of a career in the NFL. I don't care if he gets a second chance he is a scumbag, but if he doesn't get a second chance it is his own fault.

Public figures?? You talk as if a player in the NFL is an elected official!! These are football players; not elected officials. We hold elected officials to a moral code and we vote ( or note vote) forcthem because we believe they share our concerns and values.

Football players do not have to have our concerns or values. They can believe in Satan or be a total atheist.. they are just required to play good football.

It is up to the real world to make judgments and inforce our societal laws.. not the NFL. The real world laws said he shouldnt be charged for those crimes and the women didn’t press charges. So there is obviously more to the story then just the video; probably some things that took place before the video started. Again, should he have done it? No.

But this crap about the NFL banning and charging people with crimes while the real world law has gone the other way is wrong.

Northern_Blitz
12-06-2018, 10:05 AM
Public figures?? You talk as if a player in the NFL is an elected official!! These are football players; not elected officials. We hold elected officials to a moral code and we vote ( or note vote) forcthem because we believe they share our concerns and values.

Football players do not have to have our concerns or values. They can believe in Satan or be a total atheist.. they are just required to play good football.

It is up to the real world to make judgments and inforce our societal laws.. not the NFL. The real world laws said he shouldnt be charged for those crimes and the women didn’t press charges. So there is obviously more to the story then just the video; probably some things that took place before the video started. Again, should he have done it? No.

But this crap about the NFL banning and charging people with crimes while the real world law has gone the other way is wrong.

Unless they decide they don't want to sign a contract. Then they should be strung up and beaten. /sarcasm

Disco1981
12-06-2018, 11:39 AM
Everyone is talking about how everyone deserves a second chance...This is his THIRD incident of violence in the last year

pittpete
12-06-2018, 01:22 PM
Sure we all mess up but we don't all attack women, I have no respect for men who hit women or people that defend them.

I 100% agree.
If people cant see anything wrong with kicking a woman then perhaps they weren't raised properly.
I can understand the pushing at the beginning but the kick while she was on the floor was disturbing.
Playing in the NFL is a privilege and Hunt should lose his.

Mr.wizard
12-06-2018, 01:42 PM

Your reading comprehension needs a lot work, i havent demanded he be banned or arrested, i have already said its not for me to decide. The NFL will decide if he gets another shot, but i certainly will have no respect for him. He doesn,t have to be an elected official to be a public figure so im not sure what you are talking there. I also dont care about his beleifs all i need to know is that he attacked a woman and thats enough for me to label him a scumbag.

Steel Maniac
12-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Uh, you used the term “ public figure” your recall seems limited.

You have every right to feel he’s a scum bag. I don’t think that much of him myself. But I’d like to see ordinary men lose their jobs for a crime that the authorities didn’t charge him for. Makes no sense.

Steel Maniac
12-06-2018, 01:56 PM

Dude, there is a thing in this country called “ rehabilitation” ever heard of it?? Because when people go to prison, they are suppose to get rehabilitated before they come out again. And when they come out, they are suppose to get back into society in a productive manner. But you can’t keep hitting them again and again for a crime that they’ve been punished for.

You dont have to like them; neither do I. But they are suppose to have a chance at rehabilitation. People like you forget that; you have a mindset of perpetual torture forever more for a person who’s made a mistake. “ rehibilitaion.. look it up.

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Mr. Wizard, where did I not say he should be punished??? I’m not condoning what he did.

But I will say I find it a head scratcher that the women hadn’t pressed charges and that he was not charged.

The woman wanted to press charges...she pleaded with the officers who arrived on the scene to access the security cameras for evidence of what happened, but was told that only detectives investigating felonies would do that, not officers called to the scene of a misdemeanor.

Sugar
12-06-2018, 02:07 PM
I saw a great idea earlier. The Redskins should sign both Hunt and Kaepernick and then watch the internet melt. :cool:

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Posters keep calling what Hunt did a mistake. If he gave a woman a black eye because a golf ball he hit hooked severely onto an adjacent fairway and hit an unsuspecting woman in the face, that would have been a mistake. If you shove a woman to the ground and then kick her while she is down, that's no mistake...that's intentional, and you are forever a scumbag in my eyes. Just like Joe Mixon is forever a scumbag. And Ray Rice too. I don't care how talented Mixon and Hunt and Rice are as RB's...I want no part of any of them. If they are able to play football again, I will shed no tears for them if they get injured in the most painful way possible.

K Train
12-06-2018, 02:55 PM
These women are real smart; they have an agenda.

I just dont think these guys understand that. These girls are probably worlds smarter than the girls they grew up f*****g with. There is just like no downside to her provoking him, women do that all the time. He takes the bait and keeps coming after her, its so dumb. Even if she was physically attacking him with relentless force she would be so easy for him to disarm without really hurting her. The fact that he loses it because of what looks like verbal provoking is just flat out insane. It is not like saying a female wearing provocative clothing is asking to be raped, thats a ridiculous argument but i have seen it first hand of a female just begging to be hit, like really trying to toe the line of being swung at and you just have to know better that you cant f*****g do that whether someone has a camera or not. There are certainly some females out there that could toss me a beating, but I am 100% sure ive never met one and I am not a professional athlete.

A bigger problem is that it has to be on video to matter, though. Tyreek Hill and Dorial Green-Beckham legitimately came close to beating/choking girls to death where people close to both situations claimed they thought they were going to kill them. Domestic abuse isnt something most NFL players commit, but the NFL treats it like its PR issue and it only matters if its caught on tape and people can be mad because they had to see it.

Steel Maniac
12-06-2018, 03:51 PM
The woman wanted to press charges...she pleaded with the officers who arrived on the scene to access the security cameras for evidence of what happened, but was told that only detectives investigating felonies would do that, not officers called to the scene of a misdemeanor.

That was terrible.
But without the tape, the officers found that he had marks and had both had initial claims against one another. And obviously, without that tape the issue was dropped. Now if she wants to file a claim, by all means she should. Like I said, he should be punished. But it doesn't mean he should never get a chance at his work profession again after he does whatever kind of restitution he has to do.

Steel Maniac
12-06-2018, 03:53 PM
I just dont think these guys understand that. These girls are probably worlds smarter than the girls they grew up f*****g with. There is just like no downside to her provoking him, women do that all the time. He takes the bait and keeps coming after her, its so dumb. Even if she was physically attacking him with relentless force she would be so easy for him to disarm without really hurting her. The fact that he loses it because of what looks like verbal provoking is just flat out insane. It is not like saying a female wearing provocative clothing is asking to be raped, thats a ridiculous argument but i have seen it first hand of a female just begging to be hit, like really trying to toe the line of being swung at and you just have to know better that you cant f*****g do that whether someone has a camera or not. There are certainly some females out there that could toss me a beating, but I am 100% sure ive never met one and I am not a professional athlete.

A bigger problem is that it has to be on video to matter, though. Tyreek Hill and Dorial Green-Beckham legitimately came close to beating/choking girls to death where people close to both situations claimed they thought they were going to kill them. Domestic abuse isnt something most NFL players commit, but the NFL treats it like its PR issue and it only matters if its caught on tape and people can be mad because they had to see it.

Tyrek Hill is really a piece of work too. I know he's keeping his mouth shut and ducking his head low; just wanting to stay far away from this.

squidkid
12-06-2018, 04:16 PM

You have every right to feel he’s a scum bag. I don’t think that much of him myself. But I’d like to see ordinary men lose their jobs for a crime that the authorities didn’t charge him for. Makes no sense.

dropping dirty for a random urine test at my former place of employment was cause for dismissal. and it happened several times.

squidkid
12-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Posters keep calling what Hunt did a mistake. If he gave a woman a black eye because a golf ball he hit hooked severely onto an adjacent fairway and hit an unsuspecting woman in the face, that would have been a mistake. If you shove a woman to the ground and then kick her while she is down, that's no mistake...that's intentional, and you are forever a scumbag in my eyes. Just like Joe Mixon is forever a scumbag. And Ray Rice too. I don't care how talented Mixon and Hunt and Rice are as RB's...I want no part of any of them. If they are able to play football again, I will shed no tears for them if they get injured in the most painful way possible.

what about ben?

pittpete
12-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Was Ben on video?
He said/she said is not as strong as video

squidkid
12-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Was Ben on video?
He said/she said is not as strong as video

didnt that video come up mysteriously missing?

pittpete
12-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Not that im aware of...

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2018, 04:37 PM
It would be illegal for hotels to install security cameras inside guest bedrooms and bars to install security cameras inside bathroom stalls. The stories from the women were not consistent (to say the least) and there was not enough reliable information to arrest or charge him with anything in either case. While some people automatically assume he's a rapist, the only thing we can really be sure that he was guilty of back then was being an entitled douchebag who lacked any semblance of humility or gentlemanly behavior.

squidkid
12-06-2018, 04:38 PM
didnt they try to get video from that bar and it was gone or erased or something?

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2018, 04:40 PM
I remember seeing pictures from the bar that night with Willie Colon and other o-linemen there with Ben. Not sure if there was any video or not. But the video would have just been out in the bar itself anyway, not inside a bathroom stall for sure.

Sugar
12-06-2018, 05:08 PM
I still say that Ben didn't do anything wrong. He's never admitted to anything. There's no evidence of it and the accusers have all been unwilling or unable to press any kind of criminal charge. He was a single guy who was famous and rich and easy to make an accusation against. I'm of the opinion that there were hopes to get money that fell apart upon greater scrutiny.

Mr.wizard
12-06-2018, 08:13 PM

You can be a public figure without being a politician. He's not an ordinary man and you don't have to do something illegal to lose your job.

Mr.wizard
12-06-2018, 08:19 PM
Dude, there is a thing in this country called “ rehabilitation” ever heard of it?? Because when people go to prison, they are suppose to get rehabilitated before they come out again. And when they come out, they are suppose to get back into society in a productive manner. But you can’t keep hitting them again and again for a crime that they’ve been punished for.

You dont have to like them; neither do I. But they are suppose to have a chance at rehabilitation. People like you forget that; you have a mindset of perpetual torture forever more for a person who’s made a mistake. “ rehibilitaion.. look it up.

Wtf, please point out were I said anything about torture or prison. As far as I can tell Kareem Hunt hasn't been hit for a crime, he was let go by his employer for actions that he took, why don't you go cry to Chiefs, I didn't take a damn thing from Kareem Hunt.

Shawn
12-06-2018, 09:45 PM
Sure we all mess up but we don't all attack women, I have no respect for men who hit women or people that defend them. lol...yeah well I'm truly not concerned what you think.

Shawn
12-06-2018, 09:46 PM
It's truly hypocritical to root for Ben and ban Hunt for life. It takes crazy mental gymnastics for someone to hold those two opposing views.

Steel Maniac
12-07-2018, 10:08 AM
It's truly hypocritical to root for Ben and ban Hunt for life. It takes crazy mental gymnastics for someone to hold those two opposing views.

I’ve been trying to get them to see that but it’s out of their range of conception.

pittpete
12-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Ben hit a woman that was recorded on video?
Did i miss that?

RuthlessBurgher
12-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Did i miss that?

It's apparently outside our range of conception.

We must need some rehibilitaion.

pittpete
12-07-2018, 08:00 PM
lmao........

fordfixer
12-07-2018, 09:00 PM

Steel Maniac
12-08-2018, 01:24 AM
Did i miss that?

Deflect, deflect , deflect when pinned in the corner.

Steel Maniac
12-08-2018, 01:24 AM
It's apparently outside our range of conception.

We must need some rehibilitaion.

Deflect , deflect, deflect

pittpete
12-08-2018, 02:08 AM
Deflect, deflect , deflect when pinned in the corner.

Video vs. no video = proof vs. no proof

Mr.wizard
12-08-2018, 07:56 AM
I’ve been trying to get them to see that but it’s out of their range of conception.

Cant I think Ben is a scumbag and still want the Steelers to win a football game? I think the Kareem Hunt is a scumbag but if the Steelers were to sign him I would still want them to win. It's like if my car broke down and was towed to a local mechanic, as I am waiting I somehow find out the mechanic is a woman beater, I am still rooting for him to do a good job fixing my car. The moral and business dilemma here is for the NFL, not for me, I know where i stand on violence against women and that stance doesn't hinge on where the guy plays football.

I don't have a problem with people who want to sign him, I have a problem with the hypocrisy you have displayed on this site. You talked about Le'veon Bell like he was the worst guy on earth, public enemy number 1, can't put Bell back in the locker room. With Kareem Hunt you are like no problem at all sign him today. Also you talk about second chances for Hunt, counseling, rehabilitation, making a mistake but when it comes to the girl you talk about her as if she was part of some nefarious plot to bring down Kareem Hunt.

Steel Maniac
12-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Let me try and break it down to you again. What Kareem Hunt did was off the field; his incidents didn’t involve anything or anyone at his place of work. Therefore , local law should handle those issues, not his employer.

What Bell did by lying to his O-lineman about coming back ( when he k ew he wasn’t because his agent said he’d hold out the entire season but no one believed him), trashing Steeler management on social media , injured at the end of every season but one, and one more puff puff away from being suspended an entire season.

What Bell did was done to his employer and co-workers. That’s the difference. No hypocrisy at all.

You can’t differentiate between one guy who has at work issues and another who has at home issues.

pittpete
12-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Your really reaching now bro

Mr.wizard
12-08-2018, 01:03 PM
Let me try and break it down to you again. What Kareem Hunt did was off the field; his incidents didn’t involve anything or anyone at his place of work. Therefore , local law should handle those issues, not his employer.

What Bell did by lying to his O-lineman about coming back ( when he k ew he wasn’t because his agent said he’d hold out the entire season but no one believed him), trashing Steeler management on social media , injured at the end of every season but one, and one more puff puff away from being suspended an entire season.

What Bell did was done to his employer and co-workers. That’s the difference. No hypocrisy at all.

You can’t differentiate between one guy who has at work issues and another who has at home issues.

The NFL as an organization has taken a public stance on domestic violence and they also have a personal conduct policy that governs actions of it's employees off the field. The NFL does not handle legal matters, they can not convict Hunt of a crime, what they can do is determine if the actions of that employee is something they want associated with their organization. What Bell did was legal and within the rules of the NFL.

squidkid
12-08-2018, 02:03 PM
i dont give 2 craps if the guy play again or not.
you may not like the rule and you may think its unfair compared to other jobs.................i get all that
point is, HIS employer makes it perfectly clear that beating women is a no no. knowing that, hunt still chose to beat a woman.
maybe he gets lucky( im sure he will because the nfl is a joke) maybe not. but to act as if he is getting screwed if he doesnt get top play again is totally wrong

Moonie
12-08-2018, 08:16 PM
K. Hunt and Bell are both douche/scumbag/jagoffs, but of different degree and type. If you drew a Venn diagram of Bell's scumbaggitry and Hunt's scumbaggitry, there would be approximately 25-30% overlap (also referred to as the "scumbag union"). May god have mercy on their disgusting, useless souls.

Steel Maniac
12-08-2018, 09:19 PM
K. Hunt and Bell are both douche/scumbag/jagoffs, but of different degree and type. If you drew a Venn diagram of Bell's scumbaggitry and Hunt's scumbaggitry, there would be approximately 25-30% overlap (also referred to as the "scumbag union"). May god have mercy on their disgusting, useless souls.

All true ; but Hunts is treatable and he acknowledges it. And wants to fix it.

Can you say the same for Bell?

Mr.wizard
12-09-2018, 01:03 AM
All true ; but Hunts is treatable and he acknowledges it. And wants to fix it.

Can you say the same for Bell?

Treatable? Why would Bell need treatment for a contract holdout?

pittpete
12-09-2018, 01:48 AM
LOL
Hunt kicking a woman on the floor is treatable?
Someone should beat his fn ass in thats what should be treatable

RuthlessBurgher
12-09-2018, 02:37 AM
How to be sure your priorities are currently WAY out of whack:

Trying to convince yourself and others that a guy who makes a business decision that you don't agree with is somehow worse than a guy who kicks a woman while she is on the ground.

It's time to reassess what is truly important in life. Sincerely.

Moonie
12-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Treatable? Why would Bell need treatment for a contract holdout?

He needs treatment for scumbagitis. But he's in denial. Much like his fans.

Steel Maniac
12-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Your really reaching now bro

Pitpette, I’m not saying that Hunt is a great guy; that’s not what we are talking about. All I’m saying is if Hunt got treatment, did all the things he was suppose to do in the next year and a half, I’d take a shot on him based on his talent & youth. I wouldn’t worry about any backlash. Because his talent is immense while his price would be right. I’m trying to win ball games and field the best team possible. If he can help us win a Chip, then all is good.

Is he a choir boy? No.

Mr.wizard
12-09-2018, 12:56 PM
Pitpette, I’m not saying that Hunt is a great guy; that’s not what we are talking about. All I’m saying is if Hunt got treatment, did all the things he was suppose to do in the next year and a half, I’d take a shot on him based on his talent & youth. I wouldn’t worry about any backlash. Because his talent is immense while his price would be right. I’m trying to win ball games and field the best team possible. If he can help us win a Chip, then all is good.

Is he a choir boy? No.

You are the same guy that said the league and the draft is full of running back talent and that Conner is the real deal, why would we need Hunt?

pittpete
12-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Hitting women is something that gets under my skin.
It would be hard for me to accept if any team tried to sign him.
If it was all hearsay it might be different but that kick just sealed it.
I do understand your position Steel.

Steel Maniac
12-09-2018, 06:35 PM
You are the same guy that said the league and the draft is full of running back talent and that Conner is the real deal, why would we need Hunt?

Mr. Wizard, it’s about economy too. He’s a proven commodity on the field but he wouldn’t get a big contract. That’s exactly what teams are looking for.

Steel Maniac
12-09-2018, 06:36 PM
And Conner being right now where he is, is exactly why it wouldn’t be a bad move. Some is going to do it; he’s a cheap , top talent.

Shawn
12-28-2018, 06:39 AM
I would sign Bell, I would sign Hunt...ish I would sign Hunt's grandmother if she could tote the rock.

Steel Maniac
12-28-2018, 09:41 AM
Hitting women is something that gets under my skin.
It would be hard for me to accept if any team tried to sign him.
If it was all hearsay it might be different but that kick just sealed it.
I do understand your position Steel.

And I know exactly where your coming from too. Notice, I said if he did the classes , got the counseling and genuinely rehabilitated. If not, then I’m with you. But Pit, please remember, in the real world, all the guys who did the same thing or worse are still working their normal jobs.

Northern_Blitz
12-28-2018, 10:06 AM
We were OK with Harrison, and we're OK with Ben.

I assume we'd convince ourselves to be OK with Hunt if it came to that.

I think he's got to get cleared by the commish before he can play though, and the league might not like that look.

Steel Maniac
12-28-2018, 10:11 AM
True........

NorthCoast
12-28-2018, 10:54 AM

Is he a choir boy? No.

Sounds like you wouldn't mind the Steelers being viewed as the Bengals.
Sorry but you are way off here. Let another team enjoy his talent.

Steel Maniac
12-28-2018, 08:22 PM
Bengals???

Go google what tyrek Hill did. Get the full details.

Do you view the Chiefs as the Bengals? No. Stop the overdramatization.

NorthCoast
12-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Bengals???

Go google what tyrek Hill did. Get the full details.

Do you view the Chiefs as the Bengals? No. Stop the overdramatization.

Teams with problem players already on the roster is different from signing guys with known problems.

Steel Maniac
12-29-2018, 04:21 PM
Teams with problem players already on the roster is different from signing guys with known problems.

Tyrek Hills stuff was known. Maybe not to you but they were known. Weather you draft them ( and they were known) or they were signed as free agents and are known, what difference does it make?

So you can beat a pregnant women but if it doesn’t get the attention of the mainstream media then it’s okay??But if a guy kicks a women in the side sitting on the floor ( Kareem Hunt) an it catches mainstream media, somehow that’s worse to you??? Wow... you sure told me a whoooooole lot about your Cave man type thinking. Wow!!

Steel Maniac
12-29-2018, 04:23 PM
So the guy that beats his women but he works for ford motor company is okay because his stuff isn’t nationally known. But Kareem Hunt who beat a women is worse because his story is nationally known. Got it.

pittpete
12-29-2018, 07:43 PM
If the so called beating was on film it would be a different story...
He'd be a Bengal.
How Joe Mixon was allowed to become an NFL football player and make millions is hypocritical.

NorthCoast
12-29-2018, 08:01 PM
Tyrek Hills stuff was known. Maybe not to you but they were known. Weather you draft them ( and they were known) or they were signed as free agents and are known, what difference does it make?

So you can beat a pregnant women but if it doesn’t get the attention of the mainstream media then it’s okay??But if a guy kicks a women in the side sitting on the floor ( Kareem Hunt) an it catches mainstream media, somehow that’s worse to you??? Wow... you sure told me a whoooooole lot about your Cave man type thinking. Wow!!

Never mentioned Tyreek Hill in my post. Appreciate you not trying to make statements on my behalf.
Not sure where your confusion is on this. Dealing with a player already on the roster is different than inviting one from outside.

Steel Maniac
12-29-2018, 08:08 PM
If the so called beating was on film it would be a different story...
He'd be a Bengal.
How Joe Mixon was allowed to become an NFL football player and make millions is hypocritical.

Exactly!! Yet noooooooo one is saying ban Mixon from the league right now. I’m done with this topic. Posters who say it’s an okay offense as long as it’s not known have pretty much offended me. And they’ve been moved to the ignore box. I can’t talk to someone like that.

Mr.wizard
12-29-2018, 09:22 PM
Exactly!! Yet noooooooo one is saying ban Mixon from the league right now. I’m done with this topic. Posters who say it’s an okay offense as long as it’s not known have pretty much offended me. And they’ve been moved to the ignore box. I can’t talk to someone like that.

That's not what he said, not even close but please continue with the strawman and fake outrage.

Northern_Blitz
12-30-2018, 08:29 AM
So the guy that beats his women but he works for ford motor company is okay because his stuff isn’t nationally known. But Kareem Hunt who beat a women is worse because his story is nationally known. Got it.

When you have a public profile, your actions matter more when they become public.

That's part of the reason that they make so much money.

That money mostly comes from adds through TV contracts (unlike Ford who sells physical goods).

You know what advertisers don't like? People that beat women, especially when video of it shows up.

We can complain that it's not fair, or a double standard, or whatever, but playing in the league is a choice for all the players. They don't have to subject themselves to the higher standard here.

Steel Maniac
01-14-2019, 03:52 PM
ESPN's Jeff Dickerson reports Bears GM Ryan Pace was "noncommittal" on the idea of pursuing free agent RB Kareem Hunt this offseason.

The Bears will be a rumored destination because of coach Matt Nagy's Chiefs connection. Pace did not exactly deny it at Monday's season-ending presser, while Nagy said he has spoken to Hunt by phone this month. "It’s an unfortunate situation (and) learning lesson for everybody," Nagy said. Currently being investigated for three separate off-the-field incidents, Hunt probably isn't going to generate any interest until the length of his suspension is known.
Related: Bears
Source: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter