PDA

View Full Version : It's San Dieg...err...Los Angeles...whatever...It's Chargers Week

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2018, 03:06 PM
Chargers to be without Melvin Gordon for a few weeks

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 26, 2018, 6:57 AM EST

Chargers running back Melvin Gordon had his MRI last night, and the Chargers are going to have to adjust.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Gordon suffered a Grade Two sprain of his MCL, an injury which will cost him a few games.

The hope is that he’ll be able to return before the end of the regular season, but that won’t help them in next week’s prime time game against the Steelers.

Gordon has gained 802 yards and scored nine touchdowns this year, providing the balance to their offense along with Philip Rivers‘ resurgent season. He had missed one game earlier this year with a hamstring problem.

That leaves a bigger burden for Austin Ekeler, and the only other backs on the roster are rookies Justin Jackson and Detrez Newsome.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/26/chargers-to-be-without-melvin-gordon-for-a-few-weeks/

pittpete
11-28-2018, 04:16 PM
NIGHT
42°LO
RealFeel® 34°
Precipitation 40%
Partly cloudy, a shower in spots

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2018, 05:39 PM
Wednesday, Nov 28, 2018 04:02 PM

Week 13 Injury Report (Chargers)

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

The Steelers got some good news on the injury front with the return of Stephon Tuitt on Wednesday, but Marcus Gilbert was held out once again.

“It felt great to be out there,” said Tuitt, who was limited in practice. “It’s always great to be back out there with your boys. We had already tested the arm out. It was great. I did a great job in the weight room, making sure I stayed in shape, stayed strong. I am ready to get out there and rock and roll again.”

Coach Mike Tomlin mentioned during his weekly press conference on Tuesday that he was hopeful both players would return to practice this week but it was just Tuitt, who has an elbow injury, who practiced.

Gilbert missed the last five games with a knee injury, and in his absence Matt Feiler started four games, and Chukwuma Okorafor started against the Broncos while Feiler was hobbled by a pectoral injury. Feiler was a full participant on Wednesday and was active against the Broncos, even though he did not play.

“I was really pleased with the play of Chuks,” said Tomlin. “I think we are showing unique depth at the tackle position. Sometimes someone else’s misfortune creates an opportunity for others. You know our expectation, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge those guys meeting those expectations.

“Matt Feiler has done it repeatedly. In recent weeks we’ve talked openly about that but due to Matt’s injury it gave Chuks an opportunity and I thought he was definitely above the line in terms of his play, so we’ll be smart.”

Xavier Grimble, who was previously in concussion protocol, was a full participant in practice on Wednesday. However Vance McDonald (hip), Bud Dupree (pectoral), and Morgan Burnett (back) were all held out of practice.

In addition Ben Roethlisberger and Maurkice Pouncey were held out, a coach’s decision and normal vets day off, and B.J. Finney also didn’t practice, excused for personal reasons.

Receiver Eli Rogers returned to practice and the Steelers have a 21-day window to determine whether he will remain on the physically unable to perform list or be activated.

Rogers was on the active/physically unable to perform list as he was working his way back from a torn ACL suffered last year. Rogers’ season ended in disappointing fashion last year when he suffered a torn ACL in the team’s AFC Divisional Round game against Jacksonville on Jan. 14.

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 13

Wednesday, November 28
QB Ben Roethlisberger (Coach's Decision) - DNP
S Morgan Burnett (back) - DNP
LB Bud Dupree (Pectoral) - DNP
C Maurkice Pouncey (Coach's Decision) - DNP
OL B.J. Finney (Personal) - DNP
OT Marcus Gilbert (Knee) - DNP
DE Stephon Tuitt (Elbow) - Limited
TE Xavier Grimble (Concussion) - Full
TE Vance McDonald (Hip) - DNP

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-13-injury-report-chargers

Mr.wizard
11-28-2018, 07:54 PM
Great for us but sucks for Melvin Gordon he was having a heck of a year

SteelBucks
11-28-2018, 10:51 PM
Steelers going to pound them Sunday night!

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2018, 11:52 PM
Los Angeles Chargers Participation/Injury Report, Week 13

Wednesday, November 28

TE Antonio Gates (Rest) - DNP

NT Brandon Mebane (Not Injury Related) - DNP

RB Melvin Gordon (Knee) - DNP

WR Tyrell Williams (Quad) - Limited

RB Austin Ekeler (Neck) - Full

Buzz
11-29-2018, 12:53 AM
Steelers 31
Chargers 27

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2018, 11:36 AM
Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey on what would happen if he and his twin brother, Chargers C Mike Pouncey, switched locker rooms. "I'd take that team to the next level," Pouncey said with a laugh.

19h

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2018, 11:41 AM
Steelers, Chargers find different ways to look exactly the same

8:00 AM ET

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Rarely do matchups align like this.

The Pittsburgh Steelers and Los Angeles Chargers have a combined 15 wins, look poised for playoff pushes and are getting it done with only the slightest differences.

They each start at least 12 draft picks and at least five first-round picks but have found success on the free-agency market. They have undrafted free-agent standouts, 15-year veteran quarterbacks, Pounceys and Wattses, similar rookie rotations and a link to Ken Whisenhunt, the Chargers' offensive coordinator who once ran Pittsburgh's attack for Bill Cowher.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin called the Chargers "formidable" multiple times during a news conference, and their recent offensive production "unbelievable." Chargers coach Anthony Lynn calls the Steelers "top to bottom" good.

The Chargers (8-3) might rely more on free agency to win than Pittsburgh (7-3-1), but that's not quite a tiebreaker for what looks like an evenly matched game.

To try to find hidden advantages, let's dig into the Chargers-Steelers connections.

The late-30s QB revival:

Since Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers held up jerseys in oversized suits during the 2004 draft, they've combined for more than 108,000 passing yards and 700 touchdowns. Roethlisberger sits at seventh all-time with 54,729 yards, edging Rivers by 1,262. Rivers is sixth all-time with 368 touchdowns, 15 more than Big Ben.

Their recent play suggests those numbers will balloon into a new stratosphere. Roethlisberger, 36, ranks second in 2018 passing yards with 3,664, while Rivers, 37, is tied for fourth in touchdowns with 26.

Playing until their 40th birthdays is not out of the question for either quarterback. The longevity makes Roethlisberger thankful to come from the 2004 draft class that also features Eli Manning.

“It’s pretty rare,” Roethlisberger said. “You look at guys who have played this long, to be on one team it doesn’t happen very often. I know I am blessed and lucky to be here and be here my whole career. I know those guys would tell you the same thing.”

Asked about Rivers' game maturing over the years, Tomlin quipped he hopes his game is done maturing.

"He’s a guy who you’re excited about competing against because you know he’s dually prepared," Tomlin said. "You know he’s extremely talented. He’s a unique competitor. He’s just one of those guys. He needs no endorsement from me."

The siblings

Not many twins in professional sports rival Maurkice and Mike Pouncey, who dominated high school ball in Lakeland, Florida, blocked for Tim Tebow at the University of Florida, became back-to-back first-round picks and have started a combined 207 NFL games.

After Mike signed a two-year deal with Los Angeles this offseason, the Chargers and Steelers both find their offensive edge from the players snapping the ball.

"Two tremendous centers in this league," Lynn said. "Good athletes but they are professionals. [Mike] is here every morning at 5:30. His work ethic is off the charts. His attitude is contagious."

Maurkice admits he talks to his brother "too much" on the phone, but he's always got a good brotherly rib handy. Asked what would happen if he and Mike switched locker rooms, Maurkice said, "I'd take that team to the next level."

Maurkice is one of two Steelers facing a brother across the field.

While T.J. Watt tries to outpace brother J.J. Watt in sacks, his middle brother, Derek, is a three-year Charger who has started eight games. Lynn calls the versatile Watt one of the more underrated fullbacks in the league.

T.J. won't concede that Derek is the better athlete, but he's happy for his success.

“I think that’s pretty damn cool [he's in the NFL]," T.J. said. "That puts him in an elite category as an athlete."

The high-pedigree pass-rusher

Both teams have high-level athletes at both edge-rush spots, and the spotlight will be on Watt and Joey Bosa, double-digit-sack guys who learned the NFL game long before playing it.

Bosa's dad, John, played three years in the NFL. Before the Steelers drafted Watt in 2017, he watched brother J.J. train vigorously for six NFL offseasons on the way to three Defensive Player of the Year awards.

Both are relentless off the edge and can win with speed or power. Bosa might have more raw power than any pass-rusher in the league, returning from injury for two vicious sacks in his first two games of the year.

While Bosa recorded 23 sacks in his first two seasons, this year Watt became the fourth Steeler to notch 10 sacks in the first 10 games of a season.

The first-round rookie safety in the starting lineup

As the second and third safeties off the NFL draft board in April, Derwin James and Terrell Edmunds chatted a few times on the pre-draft circuit.

"It will definitely be dope, both of us being out there together," said Edmunds, the No. 28 pick who has started 10 games for Pittsburgh. "Just got to get the win now."

James, who went No. 17 overall to Los Angeles, was believed to have top-10 talent and has validated that belief with 78 tackles, 3.5 sacks and two interceptions. James is in the box more than Edmunds, who has 47 tackles and one interception and is hoping for more "library books" (what he calls picks).

"He's a good player," Edmunds said. "Just have to go out there and compete."

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/29488/steelers-chargers-find-different-ways-to-look-exactly-the-same

Steel Maniac
11-29-2018, 12:17 PM
Well, were are facing the best passing QB since we faced Mahommes. Secondary gonna get tested. But if we come out with multiple turnovers, we will lose again. Meaning specifically Ben has to stop the picks. Plain and simple.

I'm not worried about Conner because I think he'll be fine. If we lose, any chance of getting a bye for the first weekend will be gone.

We are at home, so I'm thinking we win:

Steelers 27
Chargers 24

With the Chargers having one more turnover then us.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-29-2018, 12:33 PM
Seems like our defensive production correlates strongly with whether Tuitt is healthy?

He's practicing this week (at least he did Wed), but as we know from last year, that doesn't guarantee he'll be at full speed. Funny, I always thought Iron Head Jr. was the main dude on the D line, till this last run of games with Tuitt out ...

Steel Maniac
11-29-2018, 12:34 PM
Seems like our defensive production correlates strongly with whether Tuitt is healthy?

He's practicing this week (at least he did Wed), but as we know from last year, that doesn't guarantee he'll be at full speed. Funny, I always thought Iron Head Jr. was the main dude on the D line, till this last run of games with Tuitt out ...

Tuitt definitely correlates to the wellness of our run defense!! LOL

squidkid
11-29-2018, 12:47 PM
huge break having gordon gone
no excuse to lose this one

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2018, 03:19 PM
Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn, who calls Melvin Gordon 'highly unlikely' to play vs. PIT, has faith in Austin Ekeler, who walked into Lynn's office two offseasons ago asking how to make the team. Lynn barely knew who he was, sent him to special teams room. Never looked back.

1h

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2018, 04:08 PM
Thursday, Nov 29, 2018 09:00 AM

Chargers are talking about Ben, o-line & Renegade

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

The Steelers and Chargers go into Sunday night’s game at Heinz Field as two of the top teams in the AFC, both right in the postseason hunt.

It’s going to be one of those games where even the tiniest advantage can make a difference, and it could be as simple as playing at home, and on prime time, for the Steelers.

“It's a heck of a place to play a football game,” said Chargers Coach Anthony Lynn. “It's always fun when you go there. Their fans are really into it. It's a tough football team. Really a challenge for us.

“The environment, the atmosphere, the tradition that they have at that place. I can't think of the name of the song they play in the third quarter.”

Lynn got a quick reminder of ‘the song.’

“Yeah, Renegade. The place goes crazy.”

The Chargers didn’t just talk about the atmosphere at Heinz Field. They also weighed in on Ben Roethlisberger, JuJu Smith-Schuster and much more.

Quarterback Philip Rivers on what he sees from the Steelers defense:
“It's an attacking group. It's an attacking group. Saying that from a pressure standpoint. They bring some pressure, bring more than four a lot. But just in general, they just fly around and play like you've seen Pittsburgh play for many years.

“It's different than the Pittsburgh teams from way back, but very similar as far as same style of players. They play hard, fly around, get after both the run and the pass. They're really good. They’ll be back at their place now. They've been gone on the road a couple weeks. Will be a heck of a challenge.”

Linebacker Uchenna Nwosu on the Steelers overall:
“Pittsburgh is a great team. It’s going to be a good challenge for us to see where we are as a team.”

Cornerback Casey Hayward on the Steelers in general:
“They have really good players. You look at the numbers. You go back to AB, year in and year out putting up crazy numbers. We have to try and contain those guys. They are pretty good players.”

Coach Anthony Lynn on Roethlisberger:
“He can make all the throws, he's very accurate. He's a scrambler. He made a lot of his plays off creating. We got to get him down. We got to get pressure on him first. The offensive line is doing a heck of a job. But we got to get Ben down because he's a strong guy. He can throw with five people hanging on him. He's a Hall of Famer for a reason.”

Lynn on bringing Roethlisberger down, and coverage on Antonio Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster:
“It's going to be tough to bring him down. That's his trademark. We have to do a good job of doing that and doing it clean. We won't want unsportsmanlike penalties. We’ve got to get him down but we also have to stay with our guys in the secondary. They're creating and making big plays in the secondary off scramble drills. It's going to be important. Move out of the pocket, you got that coverage, you got that cat, stay with him.”

Rivers on being linked with Roethlisberger since they are from the same draft class:
“Shoot, we're probably similar in a lot of ways. Obviously he does a great job extending plays, moving around, hard to bring down, hard to sack. Probably made a lot more plays on the move than I have over the years. In a lot of ways, we both like to stand in there, don't mind holding on till the last second to make a throw, take a hit, all those things.

“He's been a heck of a player for them for a long time. Again, it's never about the other quarterback. You have to worry about that defense. But I always enjoy and appreciate when the quarterback on the opposing side, whether you're linked from a draft class, whether it's a guy of his caliber, it's always awesome going against those teams led by those kind of guys.”

Rivers on if there is a rivalry with him, Roethlisberger and Eli Manning from the 2004 NFL Draft class:
“I don't see it that way. I think you compete amongst quarterbacks. There's probably some that tell you they don't. I think they're probably lying to you. But I don't go into this game thinking...I don't from that standpoint.

“You know you're going to be linked to guys. I'm excited that I'm a part of that group. Heck of a group to be a part of. Thinking back to '04, all of us still on the same team, the games, the yards, all those things, how many games we've played in, been available for our teams. I'm excited to be a part of those two guys, what they've done. I hope they feel the same way. I think it's something we can look back and be proud of, that draft class. But I don't check to see where we all stack up, all that stuff. I know we all three have sustained pretty long, good careers.

“One thing obviously those two guys have been able to lead their teams and do, we all know. We haven't. But we're going to keep fighting like crazy to get it done.”

Hayward on the Steelers offense and Roethlisberger:
“Our offense has to keep them off the field. Run the ball. Stop the run. Just try and contain those receivers. They have some good players. Hopefully we can get some rush. He is a big guy. We have to keep them off the field as much as we can.

“You have to stay with your man the whole play. It’s never down. Especially with (Ben). He has somebody hanging on and he’s still throwing the ball down the field. And those guys making plays. We’ve got to stay on our man longer than we normally do.”

Lynn on the offensive line:
“I think the offensive line has done an outstanding job of protecting him and giving him time to throw the ball. I think they have done a heck of a job. I think they are one of the best we have seen all year. They are big. They are powerful. They are not running the ball as much as they used to, but when they do run it, they are physical. They are doing a good job of being efficient. They are doing a heck of a job protecting Ben in the passing game.”

Nwosu on former USC teammate JuJu Smith-Schuster:
“The cool thing about him is he hasn’t changed. Everybody thinks he’s in the NFL, the perception is different. But he has been like that wearing Superman suits to class, having nice cool little kid backpacks. He has always been like that. He always has that characteristic to him. He has always been that cool funny dude. I look forward to playing him.”

Hayward on James Conner:
“He has been doing pretty good this year. Numbers wise and the highlights I have seen, he is doing really well.”

Rivers on memories at Heinz Field:
“We've been there a couple times late in the year. Y'all was watching in post-season. Both the atmosphere from a fan standpoint, and usually there's some weather involved.

“I just thought kind of an old-school football team all the way around. Obviously Ben has been there forever on the offensive side, leading that group. Then just defensively, they always just had tough, really good players that rush the passer, they hit. I feel like some of the most physical games I've been in have been at Pittsburgh. Haven't fared very well there over the years.

“You have one of those old-school NFL atmospheres. Throw in the fact it's in December with two teams that are right there in the hunt in the AFC, right there in the hunt, you expect a heck of a game.”

Rivers on hearing Renegade at Heinz Field:
“I remember that vividly in the 2008 playoff game. They sang that live right there. Big snowflakes falling pregame. It was like out of a dream. This is it. Doesn't get any better than that, right from the coin toss. The game didn't go so well, but...”

https://www.steelers.com/news/chargers-are-talking-about-ben-o-line-renegade

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2018, 05:42 PM
Thursday, Nov 29, 2018 03:58 PM

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

The Steelers continued their preparation for Sunday night’s primetime game against the Los Angeles Chargers, and Stephon Tuitt continues to work his way back into the lineup. Tuitt practiced for the second straight day as he is progressing from the elbow injury that sidelined him the last two games.

“Stephon is a great player,” said Cameron Heyward. “He really helps our defense. We have had guys step up. But the more the merrier.”

Tuitt admitted it was tough being a spectator the last two weeks, missing the joy of what he loves to do.

“This is my life. This is what I do,” said Tuitt. “When you sit back and watch, it’s hard.”

Marcus Gilbert didn’t practice again, still sidelined with a knee injury that has forced him to miss the last five games.

Xavier Grimble, who suffered a concussion against the Broncos, practiced for the second straight day. Vance McDonald (hip) and Bud Dupree (pectoral) both returned to action on Thursday after missing practice the day before.

Morgan Burnett (back) didn’t practice for the second straight day and B.J. Finney was again excused for personal reasons.

Thursday, 11/29
QB Ben Roethlisberger (Coach's Decision) - Full
LB Bud Dupree (Pectoral) - Limited
C Maurkice Pouncey (Coach's Decision) - Full
OG Ramon Foster (Coach's Decision) - DNP
DE Stephon Tuitt (Elbow) - Full
TE Vance McDonald (Hip) - Full

Wednesday, November 28

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Report: Ken Whisenhunt to interview for Georgia Tech job
By Michael David Smith | Nov 29, 2018, 6:20 PM EST

Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt is slated to take a little time away from the team to interview for the Georgia Tech head coaching vacancy.

Whisenhunt will interview this weekend, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. The Chargers will be traveling to Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers, and the interview is presumably on Saturday.

According to Sam Fortier of The Athletic, Whisenhunt was downplaying any talk of him being a candidate at Georgia Tech just an hour before Schefter reported that he was interviewing.

“I heard about that when I walked off the field yesterday,” Whisenhunt said. “I’ve been so busy from that I haven’t even had a chance to think about it. I had no idea that I was really a candidate for that. I’m certainly flattered that people think that, but my focus is on the Steelers. . . . I don’t have any interest in it being a distraction whatsoever.”

Whisenhunt played his college football at Georgia Tech. His coaching experience is almost entirely in the NFL, with two seasons at Vanderbilt in 1995 and 1996 his only experience at the college level.

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2018, 11:40 AM
J.J. Watt to younger brothers Derek and T.J.: No cut-blocks

8:00 AM ET

Eric D. Williams
ESPN Staff Writer

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Daily competitors at home and in the weight room back in Waukesha, Wisconsin, Houston Texans star pass-rusher J.J. Watt has had an up-close look at the dust ups between younger brothers Derek and T.J. Watt.

Now, J.J. Watt will have a prime seat in front of his TV to watch both brothers face off on the field when the Los Angeles Chargers travel to play the Pittsburgh Steelers in a nationally televised game Sunday night.

"We were just talking about it in the group text the other day and I basically just said, no cut-blocks," J.J. Watt told reporters in Houston. "That's the only thing. Just don't go at his knees. Otherwise, everything's fair.

"It's going to be a lot of fun to watch. I hope there's at least one play where they have to -- Derek has to block T.J. straight up and we can settle it once and for all and we'll see, but it will be cool."

Derek and T.J. Watt played at Wisconsin together, where T.J., 24, moved from tight end to outside linebacker and Derek stayed on offense at fullback. Two years older than T.J., Derek said the two butted heads in practice at times, but never during an all-out live session.

Derek Watt, 26, said the entire family will be in Pittsburgh for the game on Sunday.

A sixth-round selection by the Chargers in the 2016 draft, Derek Watt blocked for running back mate Melvin Gordon at Wisconsin. He has played 100 offensive snaps this season, serving as a lead blocker for one of the most potent rushing attacks in the NFL.

In his second NFL season, younger brother T.J. Watt has totaled 50 tackles, 10 sacks and four forced fumbles on the year.

"We've been talking," Derek Watt said. "We've already been on FaceTime twice in the early part of the week, and it's been pretty normal. We also talk and keep up in a group chat and all that stuff.

"There hasn't been much smack talk. I know a lot of people have been asking about that. It's more typical brother stuff. We know what's happening this weekend. I'm going to see him and my family out there before the game, so it will be a good buildup to a big game."

J.J. Watt's Texans host the Cleveland Browns in the early game, so he'll have enough time to make it home and watch.

"I'm very lucky," J.J. Watt said. "I'm very proud of them and I can't wait to watch the game. I haven't figured out yet -- what I'm cheering for or what I'm supposed to be looking for because now they're on both sides -- they're going against each other.

"I hope T.J. gets a couple sacks. I hope Derek gets a touchdown or a carry, has some great blocks. I mean, he's a fullback. I hope the game, I don't know, I guess ends in a tie. I guess that's probably the best thing for everybody."

ESPN NFL Nation Texans reporter Sarah Barshop contributed to this report

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-chargers/post/_/id/25400/j-j-watt-to-younger-brothers-derek-and-t-j-no-cut-blocks

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2018, 05:41 PM
Friday, Nov 30, 2018 04:00 PM

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

There is good news/bad news on the injury front for the Steelers heading into Sunday night’s game against the Los Angeles Chargers at Heinz Field.

Marcus Gilbert will miss his sixth straight game, still hobbled by a knee injury and missing practice all week. Gilbert has been ruled out for Sunday night’s game against the Chargers.

With Gilbert out both Matt Feiler and Chukwuma Okorafor have been called into action. Feiler started four games but missed last week’s game against the Broncos with a pectoral injury. Feiler has been a full participant in practice all week, though.

“I am feeling pretty good,” said Feiler. “Just taking it day by day. You always want to be out there with the guys. It’s something that happens, it’s part of the sport. It’s still day by day. I am always trying to stay ready and prepared like I am playing.”

Okorafor started against the Broncos and got words of praise from Coach Mike Tomlin for his first NFL action at tackle.

“I was really pleased with the play of Chuks,” said Tomlin. “I think we are showing unique depth at the tackle position. Sometimes someone else’s misfortune creates an opportunity for others. You know our expectation, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge those guys meeting those expectations.

“Matt Feiler has done it repeatedly. In recent weeks we’ve talked openly about that but due to Matt’s injury it gave Chuks an opportunity and I thought he was definitely above the line in terms of his play, so we’ll be smart.”

Okorafor said he is ready if called upon this week.

“Every week you go in with the mindset you might start, or you could be second or third string,” said Okorafor. “Whatever reps I get I go out there and do my best to be ready for what I am asked.”

Morgan Burnett didn’t practice again on Friday, sitting out all week, and he is listed as doubtful for Sunday night.

Bud Dupree was a full participant on Friday, but he is listed as questionable for the game. Dupree suffered a pectoral injury against the Broncos, but gradually worked his way back into action on the practice field all week.

On the good news front the Steelers will get Stephon Tuitt back. Tuitt missed the last two games with an elbow injury, and his presence on the line will definitely be felt. Tuitt was a full participant in practice on Friday.

“Stephon is a great player,” said Cameron Heyward. “He really helps our defense. We have had guys step up. But the more the merrier.”

Xavier Grimble, who suffered a concussion against the Broncos, practiced for the third straight day and is expected to play. Vance McDonald, who had a hip injury coming out of the Broncos game, was a full participant on Friday and he too is expected to play.

Cameron Sutton missed practice on Friday for personal reasons, and he is questionable for Sunday.

Game Status
CB Cameron Sutton (Personal) - Questionable
S Morgan Burnett (back) - Doubtful
LB Bud Dupree (Pectoral) - Questionable
OT Marcus Gilbert (Knee) - Out

Friday, 11/30
CB Cameron Sutton (Personal) - DNP
LB Bud Dupree (Pectoral) - Full
OL B.J. Finney (Personal) - Full
OG Ramon Foster (Coach's Decision) - Full

Thursday, 11/29
LB Bud Dupree (Pectoral) - Limited
OG Ramon Foster (Coach's Decision) - DNP

Wednesday, November 28

Los Angeles Chargers Participation/Injury Report, Week 13

Game Status
NT Brandon Mebane (Not Injury Related) - Out
RB Melvin Gordon (Knee) - Out
WR Tyrell Williams (Quad) - Questionable
OT Joe Barksdale (Not Injury Related) - Questionable

Friday, 11/30
TE Antonio Gates (Rest) - Full
OT Joe Barksdale (Not Injury Related) - DNP

Thursday, 11/29
TE Antonio Gates (Rest) - Full

Wednesday, November 28
TE Antonio Gates (Rest) - DNP

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2018, 08:59 PM
By Charean Williams
Dec 2, 2018, 7:09 PM EST
Bud Dupree is active for Steelers

The Steelers will have Bud Dupree tonight.

The team had listed him as questionable after he injured his pectoral against the Broncos last week. He was a full participant in Friday’s practice.

Cornerback Cameron Sutton, who missed practice during the week for personal reasons, is inactive. The Steelers also won’t have safety Morgan Burnett, who has a back injury.

The Steelers’ other inactives are quarterback Mason Rudolph, receiver James Washington, offensive tackle Zach Banner, offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert (knee) and defensive end L.T. Walton.

The Chargers already had ruled out nose tackle Brandon Mebane (not injury related), running back Melvin Gordon (knee) and offensive tackle Joe Barksdale (not injury related).

Receiver Tyrell Williams (quad) will suit up after being listed as questionable.

Los Angeles’ other inactives are cornerback Jeff Richards, defensive end Chris Landrum, center Cole Toner and offensive guard Forrest Lamp.

Steel Maniac
12-02-2018, 10:55 PM
So far so good at the half; we need to come out and run the ball more and balance out the offense. We can out-physical them and and just grind them down.

Buzz
12-03-2018, 01:09 AM
So far so good at the half; we need to come out and run the ball more and balance out the offense. We can out-physical them and and just grind them down.

Sure wish we could've gotten you a connection to Tomlin's headset

Steel Maniac
12-03-2018, 01:11 AM
Wow........