PDA

View Full Version : Ben last int.

Steelhere10
11-26-2018, 06:31 PM
That was a fluck of all the plays, that was a td because where he threw it. It would've been a back shoulder throw if the d line wasn't block two yards back.

pittpete
11-26-2018, 08:26 PM
From my view it wouldve been picked or knocked down by the DB.

NorthCoast
11-26-2018, 08:32 PM
From my view it wouldve been picked or knocked down by the DB.I agree... not sure what steelhere10 was looking at but it sure looked like AB was blanketed.

raycafan
11-26-2018, 09:30 PM
I think if Ben put some mustard on throw, he may have got into AB, the DB was a step back at first. But he rushed it and got nothing on it but D lineman

pittpete
11-26-2018, 09:59 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/ddb1479a4d4fd18468a8c4112a1f89cd.gif

pittpete
11-26-2018, 10:04 PM
It was a terrible play call.
I know its hindsight but i told my son you need to run it 3x here.
Spread them out and run the ball 3x and force them to use their timeouts.

NorthCoast
11-26-2018, 10:07 PM
It was a terrible play call.
I know its hindsight but i told my son you need to run it 3x here.
Spread them out and run the ball 3x and force them to use their timeouts.According to Roethlisberger, it was a run-pass option.... sadly he picked the wrong option. Conner likely walks in for a TD.

pittpete
11-26-2018, 10:52 PM
Watch the vid, #51 would've lit him up.

pittpete
11-26-2018, 10:55 PM
Ben rushed the throw because he probably thought he was going to get blown up but Okafor pulled and got the rusher.
They had them spread out and couldve ran the freaking ball straight ahead w/o pulling anyone
As soon as #51 saw Okafor pull, he followed
They could've ran a truck through the left A gap

Northern_Blitz
11-26-2018, 10:58 PM
According to Roethlisberger, it was a run-pass option.... sadly he picked the wrong option. Conner likely walks in for a TD.

Looks to me like he got flustered by a bad snap and rushed the throw.

I guess we live / die by the sword with Ben, but you have to wonder why that doesn't get thrown away (instead of throwing a ball that probably could have been picked by 2 players on the D).

Starlifter
11-26-2018, 11:03 PM
you'll never convince me that 1st and goal on the 3 shouldn't start with a run 99.99% of the time. Especially if you think you have the best O-Line in the league, a stout FB to lead and a RB that has a reputation for gaining tough yards after contact. I don't care if the defense knows it's coming. You run the ball and even if you only gain a yard - 2nd and 2 presents the defense with just as many questions. Is it pass or run at that point?

but when you whiff on first down, they sell out on the run on second down - now you're screwed. I think Randy F has been calling great game plans all year. But that sequence was putrid.

Steelhere10
11-26-2018, 11:25 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/ddb1479a4d4fd18468a8c4112a1f89cd.gif

The pass look to be aimed behind the dB and AB. The dt caught it in almost the middle of the field. IMO

Steelhere10
11-26-2018, 11:29 PM
Nevermind, I just seen a better angle. The DB jumped the route.

Buzz
11-27-2018, 12:51 AM
Looks to me like he got flustered by a bad snap and rushed the throw.

I guess we live / die by the sword with Ben, but you have to wonder why that doesn't get thrown away (instead of throwing a ball that probably could have been picked by 2 players on the D).

$$$$
Things broke down, just throw it out the end of the end zone and live to play another down. Ben panicked and made a bad choice.

Mr.wizard
11-27-2018, 07:41 AM
Well looking at the way the O-line is blocking on that play, it looks like it was supposed to be a run or some kind of RPO.

Ghost
11-27-2018, 09:11 AM
Ben said the snap was bad and he didn't feel confident handing it off to Conner because it took extra time to get the ball secured. I think it was supposed to be a running play.

I also think that while Ben was handling the snap he saw Brown out of the corner of his eye break hard inside. If you watch, for a brief moment it looks as if he's going to be open slanting across the middle. But in that time Pouncey blocks his guy 5 yards back and the DB recovers. In the split second form Ben' s first glance to the throw, Brown gets covered up.

They should have had a TD on the first play after Ben scrambled to the 3. He overthrew Ju Ju on the fade route. Ju Ju was open and a good throw should have landed right in his arms as he was behind the DB.

squidkid
11-27-2018, 11:55 AM
Nevermind, I just seen a better angle. The DB jumped the route.

lol............what angle did you see?

squidkid
11-27-2018, 11:56 AM
Well looking at the way the O-line is blocking on that play, it looks like it was supposed to be a run or some kind of RPO.

yup, pouncey darn near could have got called for an olineman down field

Sword
11-27-2018, 03:37 PM
Ben actually had an incredible game.....those fumbles were just bad or we win easy.....AB was held on the first interception that was not called.....
last play was a bad call....broken play or whatever.....please Ben just keep playing like you have this is good Ben.....

Buzz
11-27-2018, 07:33 PM
Ben actually had an incredible game.....those fumbles were just bad or we win easy.....AB was held on the first interception that was not called.....
last play was a bad call....broken play or whatever.....please Ben just keep playing like you have this is good Ben.....

But please be smarter in situations like that last play.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-27-2018, 08:01 PM

I agree that in the big picture, Ben made many more good plays than bad plays. The problem is that those bad plays can often be much more costly than the good plays contribute.

Nonetheless...527 yards - 308 yards. I'll take that every day of the week and expect we don't end up with a weird anomaly like -4 turnovers.

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2018, 12:01 PM
Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Ben Roethlisberger a fascinating case of a QB unafraid of risk/turnovers while keeping win totals high. Only Blake Bortles has more interceptions than Roethlisberger's 55 since 2015, but since then only Tom Brady has more wins than Big Ben, 44 to 37.

21h

williar
11-28-2018, 12:39 PM
Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Ben Roethlisberger a fascinating case of a QB unafraid of risk/turnovers while keeping win totals high. Only Blake Bortles has more interceptions than Roethlisberger's 55 since 2015, but since then only Tom Brady has more wins than Big Ben, 44 to 37.

21h Who's impressed with this nonsense? Maybe those who like to watch Ben run around and sling it! For better or for worse! I just keep my eyes closed and hope for the best.. Good and all for staying competitive and stat padding etc.. I for one believe we would have won a couple more superbowls by now if it weren't for so many of his costly interceptions... I believe that after scoring TDs the second most important stat in game is turnovers. They have just as much of a negative impact in a game as scoring a touchdown is positive..

People can talk about Flacco all they want, during their superbowl/playoff run, he did not turn the ball over, period! You think that had something to do with their success? That was a remarkable stat...

I suppose I am saying all of this to say, I would rather have a QB who is not quite as reckless and takes care of the football! Of course, unless you have a great defense that can make ammends for your plethora of mistakes...

papillon
11-28-2018, 08:53 PM
I'll take the quarterback that wins games regardless of how it gets done. It's difficult to argue with the win total by Ben, ultimately, that is the stat that counts. Maybe, the Steelers fair better in the playoffs with less INTs by Ben but you could also argue that they would have been better in the post season if the defense had played better as well. Either way, wins are wins and Ben gets plenty of them.

Pappy

williar
11-29-2018, 08:48 PM
I'll take the quarterback that wins games regardless of how it gets done. It's difficult to argue with the win total by Ben, ultimately, that is the stat that counts. Maybe, the Steelers fair better in the playoffs with less INTs by Ben but you could also argue that they would have been better in the postseaso if the defense had played better as well. Either way, wins are wins and Ben gets plenty of them.

Pappy Ben surely isn't winning by himself - he has had PLENTY of help on his journey making him look good! From league-leading defenses, productive running backs, and a plethora of top of the line wide receivers and TE. Ben has been one of the luckiest QBs as far as having talent around him all throughout his career as a Steeler. IMO he has under-achieved. So, let's not act like he is Tom Brady, who carries sub-par talented teams on his back to Superbowl victories.

NJ-STEELER
11-29-2018, 10:17 PM
Ben surely isn't winning by himself - he has had PLENTY of help on his journey making him look good! From league-leading defenses, productive running backs, and a plethora of top of the line wide receivers and TE. Ben has been one of the luckiest QBs as far as having talent around him all throughout his career as a Steeler. IMO he has under-achieved. So, let's not act like he is Tom Brady, who carries sub-par talented teams on his back to Superbowl victories.

lol

you really need to pay more attention to the NFL if you think Ben was lucky to have those offensive stars surround.
the steelers organiztion and fans are the lucky ones seeing Ben rurn late round draft picks into stars

papillon
11-30-2018, 01:21 AM
Ben surely isn't winning by himself - he has had PLENTY of help on his journey making him look good! From league-leading defenses, productive running backs, and a plethora of top of the line wide receivers and TE. Ben has been one of the luckiest QBs as far as having talent around him all throughout his career as a Steeler. IMO he has under-achieved. So, let's not act like he is Tom Brady, who carries sub-par talented teams on his back to Superbowl victories.

I've read my post a few times now just to make sure I understood it. I still can't find anywhere in the post where I indicated that Ben has been carrying the team to victory. Since, nearly every talking head, ex-coach, and ex-player talk about quarterbacks and wins, I said in that regard Ben has produced many wins. Could they have won more, maybe, maybe not, but with Ben under center the Steelers have been very successful the past 15 years and that's difficult to dispute, but I'm sure there are a lot of fans that feel the Steelers have under performed, everyone gets an opinion.

Pappy

pittpete
11-30-2018, 06:54 PM
You have to hate bad Ben and love good Ben.

NorthCoast
11-30-2018, 08:54 PM
Who's impressed with this nonsense? Maybe those who like to watch Ben run around and sling it! For better or for worse! I just keep my eyes closed and hope for the best.. Good and all for staying competitive and stat padding etc.. I for one believe we would have won a couple more superbowls by now if it weren't for so many of his costly interceptions... I believe that after scoring TDs the second most important stat in game is turnovers. They have just as much of a negative impact in a game as scoring a touchdown is positive..

People can talk about Flacco all they want, during their superbowl/playoff run, he did not turn the ball over, period! You think that had something to do with their success? That was a remarkable stat...

I suppose I am saying all of this to say, I would rather have a QB who is not quite as reckless and takes care of the football! Of course, unless you have a great defense that can make ammends for your plethora of mistakes....... style points don't matter......