PDA

View Full Version : Well that Sucked

pittpete
11-25-2018, 08:43 PM
Please dont ever run that last play again.
Cant keep turning the ball over and expecting to win.
Dropped passes, fumbles and some questionable penalties made for a sloppy game from the start.
Cant dwell, get ready for the Chargers:(

SidSmythe
11-25-2018, 08:53 PM
You aren't going to win it all if you throw the ball 50+ times a gsme. They started running the ball and then abandoned it.

pittpete
11-25-2018, 08:56 PM
Ben has thrown the ball 103 times in the last 2 weeks

Terrapin
11-25-2018, 08:57 PM
Let's see:

Denver has a bottom 5 run D
Pitt has a top 5 RB
Playing on the road

So what's the game plan? Run it 13 times and pass it 56! Seriously, how stupid can a coaching staff be? Just absolutely ridiculous.

pittpete
11-25-2018, 08:59 PM
Well they did run that play at the goaline so the air must have screwed with their brains today

Steel Maniac
11-25-2018, 09:08 PM
Dropped passes, fumbles and some questionable penalties made for a sloppy game from the start.

Looked like the same crappy play they ran against the Patriots last year at the end of the game. Same result too.

Ghost
11-25-2018, 09:08 PM
That’s a bad loss against a beatable team. And with the up coming schedule one we could ill afford to lose. Horrible performance all the way around. So disappointing.

Ernie
11-25-2018, 09:12 PM
That’s a bad loss against a beatable team. And with the up coming schedule one we could ill afford to lose. Horrible performance all the way around. So disappointing.

I don't think it was a horrible all around performance. It really came down to 3 or 4 plays. It's definitely a bad loss against a beatable team though. I believe that changes the trajectory of the season, and we are now looking at the playoff picture (from the outside in).

winwithd
11-25-2018, 09:13 PM

Next week, prime time at home, I think Ben has a pretty good record in that situation. Just saw Melvin Gordon may be hurt for the Bolts. That would help.

SteelBucks
11-25-2018, 09:17 PM
Ben’s first interception completely changed the game. Steelers had the ball and momentum and then boom...

it was a comedy of errors.

Moonie
11-25-2018, 09:18 PM
Lousy loss to an obviously inferior team.

pittpete
11-25-2018, 09:22 PM
Ben’s first interception completely changed the game. Steelers had the ball and momentum and then boom...

it was a comedy of errors.

Honestly the same could be said about
the blocked FG
the Grimble fumble
the phantom PI on McDonald
the Washington dive after the ball hits his hand(still shaking my head)
Conner fumble
Just too many to list:(

Iron City Inc.
11-25-2018, 09:27 PM
We found a way to beat ourselves today. That many mistakes on the road n u r gonna loose. Lots of mistakes basic football things like Grimble not switching hands with the defender closing in on him that's just high school stuff. Got to keep working at getting better because if we don't play better we'll get creamed against the Saints or Pats. Chargers will be a good litmus test for us. We'll know a lot more about what type of team we are after next week.

Steel Maniac
11-25-2018, 09:28 PM
Grimble’s fumble; Conner’s fumble. Ben had lots of help.

Steel Maniac
11-25-2018, 09:29 PM
We going to New England or Kansas City at the end of the day.

SteelBucks
11-25-2018, 09:31 PM
the blocked FG
the Grimble fumble
Conner fumble

Only difference was the Steelers finally had the lead at that point. I thought they were on the verge of salting it away. Man was I wrong.

SteelBucks
11-25-2018, 09:36 PM
We going to New England or Kansas City at the end of the day.

Steelers can beat NE but we’ll find out soon.

winwithd
11-25-2018, 10:38 PM
the blocked FG
the Grimble fumble
Conner fumble

In looking at the replay I thought Washington could have run under it and caught it had he not left his feet which made it more difficult to catch. It would really help if he could get it together.

Steel Maniac
11-26-2018, 12:28 PM
Steelers can beat NE but we’ll find out soon.

We said that last year too. :rolleyes:

Northern_Blitz
11-26-2018, 01:37 PM
I don't think it was a horrible all around performance. It really came down to 3 or 4 plays. It's definitely a bad loss against a beatable team though. I believe that changes the trajectory of the season, and we are now looking at the playoff picture (from the outside in).

This.

When you're -4, you should get blown out. But, we hung around and should have tied it up at the end despite having all the bounces go the other way.

Last week, we were all talking about how resiliant the team was and how they never quit. I think the same was true this week, they just came up a bit short.

So, I don't think this is a bad loss from a team building perspective. But, it sucks to lose a game where we should have won comfortably if we could avoid the TOs.

RuthlessBurgher
11-26-2018, 03:19 PM
we are now looking at the playoff picture (from the outside in).

Looking at the playoff picture from the outside looking in? Seriously, dude? We leading our division at 7-3-1. The second place team in our division is 6-5 (Baltimore). If you win your division, you are guaranteed to host a home playoff game.