PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Grimble Benched

SidSmythe
11-25-2018, 08:36 PM
Didn't see the panzie after getting blown up at the Goalline.
Glad to see the coaching staff holding players accountable for being SOFT.

Buzz
11-25-2018, 08:44 PM
He was back in. Didn't get any more targets, though.

pittpete
11-25-2018, 08:47 PM
Pansy?
More like why didnt you put the ball in your outside shoulder?

SidSmythe
11-25-2018, 08:51 PM
Pansy?
More like why didnt you put the ball in your outside shoulder?
Outside Shoulder??
How about use both arms and take on the safety you outweigh by 40 lbs with some leg drive and a stiff shoulder.

Steel Maniac
11-25-2018, 08:53 PM
Grimbles play hurt

pittpete
11-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Yes in youth football and up you're taught to switch the ball to the outside shoulder.
I know you know that.
99% of NFL players would dive into the EZ but it just wasnt our day.

Buzz
11-25-2018, 08:56 PM
Yes in youth football and up you're taught to switch the ball to the outside shoulder.
I know you know that.
99% of NFL players would dive into the EZ but it just wasnt our day.

It wasn't our day because we were careless with the ball. Farted away a game we could have won.

pittpete
11-25-2018, 08:58 PM
We are turning the ball over at an alarming rate and we just dont get many takeaways.:(

Ghost
11-25-2018, 09:16 PM
I like Grimble but that’s a horrendous play by an experienced TE that should NEVER HAPPEN. Lack of focus at a critical point in the game. Ball protection is something he should understand.

Ernie
11-25-2018, 09:44 PM
Im the same way Ghost. I really like Grimble as a #3 TE. He's got all the tools to be really solid for us. That was the kind of play (If he makes) that helps him turn the corner to get more opportunities down the stretch. Unfortunately he came up a few inches short.

Moonie
11-25-2018, 09:50 PM
I like the guy too, and think he can catch. But crumbling like that, such a stupid play, may be that's why he's always on the bench.

Ernie
11-25-2018, 10:01 PM
I like the guy too, and think he can catch. But crumbling like that, such a stupid play, may be that's why he's always on the bench.

It certainly didn't help his stock.

Iron City Inc.
11-25-2018, 11:01 PM
It's plays like that that on Sundays that get guys released on Mondays.

Mr.wizard
11-26-2018, 07:37 AM
Outside Shoulder??
How about use both arms and take on the safety you outweigh by 40 lbs with some leg drive and a stiff shoulder.

I think he did try to take on the safety and he lost, the ball should be on your outside shoulder away from the defender. In my opinion there was no need for such a collision, If Grimble makes any kind of cut the safety would have had to break his momentum, instead he tried to take on a missile.

Ghost
11-26-2018, 08:22 AM
From the Post-Gazette:

“He didn’t surprise me at all. I saw him coming,” Grimble said of Parks. “I could have cut back and scored, but I wanted to run right through him. Obviously, I was too aggressive. It’s unfortunate.”

It's not just unfortunate. It's stupid and selfish. Do what's best for the team, not what might get you on Sports Center. Ugh...

Jooser
11-26-2018, 08:57 AM
Instead of trying to run over the guy, a simple stutter step to make the safety not hit him square, and he scores easily. One of the most bone-headed plays I've seen in a while. I was embarrassed for him, dude crumpled like a hot sack.....

SidSmythe
11-26-2018, 09:36 AM
Instead of trying to run over the guy, a simple stutter step to make the safety not hit him square, and he scores easily. One of the most bone-headed plays I've seen in a while. I was embarrassed for him, dude crumpled like a hot sack.....

I was so mad I couldn't come up with any embarrassment for him.
Then I saw James Washington's STUPIT dive/drop and forget about GRIMBLE until after the game!!!

raycafan
11-26-2018, 11:10 AM
The result really sucked, but man that was a brilliant play. I have been wondering for a while why the Steelers dont have many throwbacks, and or a waggle type pass.

Steel Maniac
11-26-2018, 11:16 AM
I like Grimble but that’s a horrendous play by an experienced TE that should NEVER HAPPEN. Lack of focus at a critical point in the game. Ball protection is something he should understand.

I agree Ghost.

Steel Maniac
11-26-2018, 11:17 AM

Yep..that was all that was required.

Chucktownsteeler
11-26-2018, 02:15 PM
Wasn't Grimble the player that made no attempt to block on the FG in last year's Bears game?

Chucktownsteeler
11-26-2018, 02:17 PM
Point being, every play counts and you have to play smart. Da Bears game went into OT, in which we lost.

We're just not playing smart football right now.

steeler_george
11-26-2018, 02:44 PM
To be fair, Gimble got popped. After seing that hit on replay. He tried to be physical but lost.

It was just a freak play and how the ball bounced, iff it rolled out , on the sideline, before the pile on, it would oof been a different game.

RuthlessBurgher
11-26-2018, 03:30 PM
From the Post-Gazette:

“He didn’t surprise me at all. I saw him coming,” Grimble said of Parks. “I could have cut back and scored, but I wanted to run right through him. Obviously, I was too aggressive. It’s unfortunate.”

It's not just unfortunate. It's stupid and selfish. Do what's best for the team, not what might get you on Sports Center. Ugh...

Maybe he saw Vance get all those kudos after his beastly stiff arm TD earlier this season and wanted some of that for himself?

NorthCoast
11-26-2018, 11:26 PM
Maybe he saw Vance get all those kudos after his beastly stiff arm TD earlier this season and wanted some of that for himself?Exactly what I was thinking Ruthless. Newsflash Grimble... you ain't no VM.

Jooser
11-27-2018, 10:28 PM
Maybe he saw Vance get all those kudos after his beastly stiff arm TD earlier this season and wanted some of that for himself?

I agree with Ruthless.... :tt2:D

Steel Maniac
11-27-2018, 11:11 PM

Then why didn't he indeed try to stiff arm him aside then?