PDA

View Full Version : Holy mother of God

pittpete
11-18-2018, 05:28 PM
What a game, never gave up...
Freaking Steelers overcome Bad Ben and Mr. Dropsy
Conner could have ended up in the nuthouse if we lost that game.
Defense, wow.
A few questionable calls went our way, but it was about time.
Awesome win, very happy right now!!!!!:tt2

SteelBucks
11-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Like wise....very happy. We watched 3 hours of awful football and somehow found a way. I still don’t know how that happened. :tt2

Moonie
11-18-2018, 05:38 PM
It was indeed Divine from Heaven. We busted some biff on the Jagoffs.

Steelgal
11-18-2018, 05:51 PM
I'm a bad fan.... I turned it off after the 3 and out after half time. I've been gone all weekend and work 2 jobs in retail so my life is gonna get crazy this week. I did housework and looked at 4:30 to my amazement we had won. I feel bad for giving up, but needed to actually get some things accomplished instead of swearing at my computer screen :D

pittpete
11-18-2018, 05:57 PM
2 week ban for you Steelgal...lol

Flasteel
11-18-2018, 05:58 PM
Wow. That was the same sentiment after last week, but in an entirely different context. Wow.

Docosc
11-18-2018, 06:04 PM
Down 16-0 with the offense absolutely $hitting the bed, and to come back to win with 5 sec left. Wow, damn, and holy f***ing $hit!!! D did their job and the O broke a really good defense at the last possible moment. This was huge.

Steelgal
11-18-2018, 06:05 PM
2 week ban for you Steelgal...lol
i deserve it, lol :p

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-18-2018, 06:19 PM
Steelers did not play their best game and found a way to win. I'm surprised that I haven't read more about the D. They were gashed through the first Q and a half or so. After the third FG, the Jags had drives of -7, 0, and -3 yards. They then scored on a long TD drive and then closed with drives of 6, -14, -1, and 6 yards before the last drive with 3 seconds left. Fournette, who looked midway through the second like he was going to go off for 200+ rushing yards, ended with less than 100 (95). He had 14 rushes for 20 yards in the second half.

Northern_Blitz
11-18-2018, 06:20 PM
I'm a bad fan.... I turned it off after the 3 and out after half time. I've been gone all weekend and work 2 jobs in retail so my life is gonna get crazy this week. I did housework and looked at 4:30 to my amazement we had won. I feel bad for giving up, but needed to actually get some things accomplished instead of swearing at my computer screen :D

Maybe that's why we won?

Eddie Spaghetti
11-18-2018, 06:23 PM
gut check win

tomlin deserves alot of credit for keeping this team in the fight today

bostonsteeler
11-18-2018, 06:24 PM
We had visitors drop in with 3.40 left in the game and the Steelers down by 10 and not making any progress at all.
Truth be told, it was a relief to turn down the TV and address said visitors. They stayed for half an hour and then I look back and hooo leeee s*!! They won!

Unbelievable. 56 minutes of junk football. Give the Jags the feeling that they're trouncing us. And then whump!

I feel crappy about having missed the good bits. Damn, gotta go see the highlights now.

Starlifter
11-18-2018, 06:33 PM
In all honesty I was calm until the last two minutes. Jags match up well against us and their game plan in the first half worked great. Combine that with a very good defense and I thought we would struggle. BUT - they only got FG’s. So I’m thinking we still have a chance. 16-0 and I’m thinking well, we just got outplayed. It happens. But then 16-6. Here we go. Then Vance in the end zone followed by a turtle three and out. Holy crap!

The last 8 seconds was awful. That’s when I was most worried. But we’re 7-2-1. And the jags are essentially eliminated.

What a sweet Sunday this was.

Oviedo
11-18-2018, 08:52 PM
gut check win

tomlin deserves alot of credit for keeping this team in the fight today

Do you think his most ardent haters will give him any. His teams never quit

Steelwolf
11-18-2018, 08:58 PM
This game had me in so.many emotions glad we got the win in that fashion but damn did the jags have a great game plan. Mile high is our next big hurdle, connor had a down game but hope he forgets quickly!

winwithd
11-18-2018, 10:01 PM
My nephew had a championship football game at 4 today. So I watched as long as I could. I turned off the tv and left right after I made the Juju is a no-show comment and the Steelers turned it over on downs in the 4th. I'm driving to my nephew's game listening to the Steelers on the car radio and suddenly Juju starts making plays and they are coming back. I pull into my parking spot and AB gets the ball to the 2. Then my sister texts that the game is about to start. Next thing I hear is that Ben throws a pick in the end zone. I immediately snap off the radio and hustle into the stadium. And I'm pi##ed. My nephew's team wins. I'm driving home again and a buddy calls and says, 'hey how about that Steelers win'. I cussed him out saying, ' don't mess with me'. But sure enough when I got home I watched what I had missed. Quite the roller coaster to be sure.

pittpete
11-18-2018, 10:03 PM
Do you think his most ardent haters will give him any. His teams never quit
You're like a broken record?
The board bully calling people out.
I think you enjoy that more than the Steelers winning games.

Steel Maniac
11-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Like wise....very happy. We watched 3 hours of awful football and somehow found a way. I still donít know how that happened. :tt2

Steel Maniac
11-18-2018, 11:25 PM

K Train
11-19-2018, 10:37 AM
the got me all kinds of emotional yesterday afternoon

Steel Maniac
11-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Enjoyed the heart Ben showed. Because he had been a bed wetter for most of the game.

Oviedo
11-19-2018, 11:49 AM

I guess we have different definitions of bullying but if my having no tolerance for the ridiculous negativity and overreaction on this board...oh well!!!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2018, 02:12 PM
Steelers did not play their best game and found a way to win. I'm surprised that I haven't read more about the D. They were gashed through the first Q and a half or so. After the third FG, the Jags had drives of -7, 0, and -3 yards. They then scored on a long TD drive and then closed with drives of 6, -14, -1, and 6 yards before the last drive with 3 seconds left. Fournette, who looked midway through the second like he was going to go off for 200+ rushing yards, ended with less than 100 (95). He had 14 rushes for 20 yards in the second half.

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Steelers defense gave up 141 rushing yards in the first half but 28 in the second. "To call (this win) a steal is a disservice to the guys in this locker room," DE Cam Heyward said. "We battled, and we took it.Ē

19h

Eich
11-19-2018, 02:48 PM
I guess we have different definitions of bullying but if my having no tolerance for the ridiculous negativity and overreaction on this board...oh well!!!!!!

You don't have to tolerate it. But you also don't have to criticize people for it either. People come here to vent. Sometimes irrationally during the heat of the frustrating moments. Chill!

Steel Maniac
11-19-2018, 02:59 PM
You don't have to tolerate it. But you also don't have to criticize people for it either. People come here to vent. Sometimes irrationally during the heat of the frustrating moments. Chill!

Exactly. And it's their right to do so. If he doesn't like it, oh well.