PDA

View Full Version : Steelers never quit

Oviedo
10-14-2018, 04:17 PM
Great coaching and great players. Team has no quit in them. Only certain fans quit too early

Steelerphile
10-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Great coaching and great players. Team has no quit in them. Only certain fans quit too early

Thank for the positive post. This the a great characteristic of Tomlin teams. There is no quit. Fans expect blowouts every week with little understanding that the other teams have a lot of great players. Great win.

Buzz
10-14-2018, 05:34 PM
Fantastic finish to this game. What a big win at the right time on the schedule. It's gonna be a good week.

Steelgal
10-14-2018, 06:06 PM
It's gonna be a great week when I don't have to avoid listening to sports media/radio most of the week. Browns lost too. Now if the Titans could beat the Ravens

Steel Maniac
10-14-2018, 08:24 PM
We just need to handle our business. Defense is looking respectable and I see progress. Let’s keep our fingers crossed on the injury bug.

Sugar
10-14-2018, 08:28 PM
This is a good Cincinnati team with a chip on it's shoulder and something to prove. Getting out of that stadium with a victory is something to be proud of. It looks like the Steelers are finding their stride and putting pieces together. The arrow is pointing up and I'm loving it.

pittpete
10-14-2018, 08:31 PM
Great players, coaching was questionable all around.
Put down your pom poms and ask yourself

why we didnt challenge?
why did we kick the ball short before the half and after?
why is Vince in there on passing downs?
why is Artie Burns still getting playing time?

Happy with the win but this team needs to get better and it starts with all the coaches.

Steelhere10
10-14-2018, 09:58 PM
No problem with the challenges, my problem is kicking it short before and after half.

papillon
10-14-2018, 09:59 PM
Still some things to clean up for sure, I'll take a road division win all day, every day.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
10-14-2018, 10:10 PM
No problem with the challenges, my problem is kicking it short before and after half.

Boswell hasn't been the most dependable kicker this year...how do you know that Boz wasn't trying to kick deep but just mis-hit those kicks and they ended up short?

raycafan
10-14-2018, 10:11 PM
I have been peeking into the Bengals forum window. Once again the officials gave the Steelers the game, illegal pick, B.S. holding on Fitzpatatrick, and so on and so on. Man what a bunch babies. Why can’t they be lik3 here and blame the coaching, defense, Boz. They just would not sound so much like want B winners ����

pittpete
10-14-2018, 10:14 PM
They just talked about the pick during halftime of the KC-Pats game.
Said, defender made contact with Hunter so that will never be called.
DB made a combo call when AB shifted but he never went inside with Brown.

papillon
10-14-2018, 11:39 PM
How far downfield was the contact? Aren't receivers allowed to block within 2 or 3 yards of the LOS even if the play is a pass? Maybe he was farther downfield than I remember.

Pappy

raycafan
10-14-2018, 11:43 PM
How far downfield was the contact? Aren't receivers allowed to block within 2 or 3 yards of the LOS even if the play is a pass? Maybe he was farther downfield than I remember.

Pappy
Pappy, they were right on line of scrimmage, Hunter went straight ahead and the DB man up, by then pass was off. Blocking insued. Nice check by Ben and AB

papillon
10-14-2018, 11:45 PM
Pappy, they were right on line of scrimmage, Hunter went straight ahead and the DB man up, by then pass was off. Blocking insured. Night check by Ben and AB

So, if it happens at the LOS, I think its legal then, I could be mistaken but I thought that WRs were allowed to block within a certain area of the LOS regardless of the play call.

Pappy

raycafan
10-14-2018, 11:47 PM
The talk8ng heads said not PI on O, for the fact DB made initial contact

Steel Maniac
10-15-2018, 12:26 AM
If it’s not a PI for the Patriots then I don’t want to hear it. Cause they do it a ton.

Steelhere10
10-15-2018, 05:59 AM
Boswell hasn't been the most dependable kicker this year...how do you know that Boz wasn't trying to kick deep but just mis-hit those kicks and they ended up short?

the hang time on those kicks opposed to the ones that went into the endzone. After half, his kicks was going 5yds in the endzone.

Sword
10-15-2018, 08:49 AM
Great Job Steelers!!!! Great Effort!!!! Dam Vance McDonald is a beast.....please stay healthy.......

Eich
10-15-2018, 08:56 AM
the hang time on those kicks opposed to the ones that went into the endzone. After half, his kicks was going 5yds in the endzone.

But that doesn't disprove the theory that he may have miss-kicked, right? Isn't it possible that he intended to kick it out of the end zone but miss-kicked and the ball went up into the air? This is a kicker that's been missing field goals that he shouldn't. His head isn't quite right. So, I'm not convinced that he intended to short-kick the one right after halftime.

SteelBucks
10-15-2018, 09:10 AM

I recall Boz was asked the question last season regarding kickoffs. He said he could easily put it through the end zone on kickoffs. Coaches however sometimes prefer shorter kicks in an attempt to pin a team inside the 25. Doubt much changed.

Steelhere10
10-15-2018, 09:29 AM
I recall Boz was asked the question last season regarding kickoffs. He said he could easily put it through the end zone on kickoffs. Coaches however sometimes prefer shorter kicks in an attempt to pin a team inside the 25. Doubt much changed.

Exactly.... The logic to short kick in that situation is to force a return and use clock, but at that point with one of your best kick coverage guys inactive and 1 min left on the clock, more harm than good could come from it.

RuthlessBurgher
10-15-2018, 10:48 AM
Riveron: No pick on game-deciding play in Steelers-Bengals

Posted by Mike Florio on October 14, 2018, 9:16 PM EDT

The game-deciding touchdown in Cincinnati from Ben Roethlisberger to Antonio Brown seemed to be sprung by a pick from Steelers receiver Justin Hunter on Bengals cornerback Tony McRae. The officials, and the senior V.P. of officiating, didn’t see it that way.

Al Riveron explained in a video posted on Sunday evening that the league believes McRae initiated contact with Hunter within a yard of the line of scrimmage. This allows Hunter to run into and through the contact, pushing McRae down the field and, as a practical matter, allowing Brown to cut behind and to the inside of Hunter.

Reasonable minds could view the visual evidence differently, interpreting the contact as being initiated by Rogers not McRae, with McRae trying to fight through Hunter to get to Brown.

If offensive pass interference had been called on Hunter, the ball would have been moved from the Cincinnati 31 to the Cincinnati 41, with 10 seconds left. If the Steelers had gotten no closer, Chris Boswell would have had a 58-yard field goal attempt for the win. Given that Boswell already has missed six kicks this year, it would have been an interesting attempt, to say the least.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/14/riveron-no-pick-on-game-deciding-play-in-steelers-bengals/

Steelhere10
10-15-2018, 10:51 AM
Riveron: No pick on game-deciding play in Steelers-Bengals

Posted by Mike Florio on October 14, 2018, 9:16 PM EDT

The game-deciding touchdown in Cincinnati from Ben Roethlisberger to Antonio Brown seemed to be sprung by a pick from Steelers receiver Justin Hunter on Bengals cornerback Tony McRae. The officials, and the senior V.P. of officiating, didn’t see it that way.

Al Riveron explained in a video posted on Sunday evening that the league believes McRae initiated contact with Hunter within a yard of the line of scrimmage. This allows Hunter to run into and through the contact, pushing McRae down the field and, as a practical matter, allowing Brown to cut behind and to the inside of Hunter.

Reasonable minds could view the visual evidence differently, interpreting the contact as being initiated by Rogers not McRae, with McRae trying to fight through Hunter to get to Brown.

If offensive pass interference had been called on Hunter, the ball would have been moved from the Cincinnati 31 to the Cincinnati 41, with 10 seconds left. If the Steelers had gotten no closer, Chris Boswell would have had a 58-yard field goal attempt for the win. Given that Boswell already has missed six kicks this year, it would have been an interesting attempt, to say the least.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/14/riveron-no-pick-on-game-deciding-play-in-steelers-bengals/

NE did the exact same thing last night. A OL blocked a dB that was covering Gronk. But I guess since it was the Pat's NO BIG DEAL.

SteelerOfDeVille
10-15-2018, 11:06 AM
can i admit that i was never worried.
I have a close friend who is a Bengals fan - and for the last several years, we've joked about how they THINK they've won this time and they get SO upset when they realize they lost again. It was comedy to see groundhog day play out again.

RuthlessBurgher
10-15-2018, 02:27 PM
My groan-worthy dad joke of the day:

Going into the bye week with a record of 3-2-1, this team is now ready to blast off...;)

K Train
10-15-2018, 03:00 PM
One of the guys after the game said the steelers are to the bengals what the patriots are to the steelers....theres just a relentless amount of hard truth in that statement.

Even when they are close, they still lose it somehow. A win is literally a season-changing, season-defining moment for them.

pittpete
10-15-2018, 03:38 PM
So, if it happens at the LOS, I think its legal then, I could be mistaken but I thought that WRs were allowed to block within a certain area of the LOS regardless of the play call.

Pappy

Receiver cant block unless the pass is behind the LOS.

pittpete
10-15-2018, 03:39 PM
Exactly.... The logic to short kick in that situation is to force a return and use clock, but at that point with one of your best kick coverage guys inactive and 1 min left on the clock, more harm than good could come from it.

And if that wasn't dumb enough, they did the same thing after the half with the same result.

SteelerOfDeVille
10-15-2018, 04:01 PM
One of the guys after the game said the steelers are to the bengals what the patriots are to the steelers....theres just a relentless amount of hard truth in that statement.

Even when they are close, they still lose it somehow. A win is literally a season-changing, season-defining moment for them.
It was Boomer Esaiason, who is a former Bengals player. He didn't have to make that reference - just needed to get a dig in on the team because, well, he hates the Steelers

Northern_Blitz
10-15-2018, 04:23 PM
My groan-worthy dad joke of the day:

Going into the bye week with a record of 3-2-1, this team is now ready to blast off...;)

With Bell coming back, they're sure to get high? :D

K Train
10-15-2018, 05:05 PM
It was Boomer Esaiason, who is a former Bengals player. He didn't have to make that reference - just needed to get a dig in on the team because, well, he hates the Steelers

a dig maybe, but also highlights the ownership the steelers have over the bengals as being one of the most lopsided H2H matchups in football