PDA

View Full Version : We told you so....

steelz09
10-04-2018, 08:25 PM
After the TB game, a lot of people wanted to bust out the champagne that we won.

Others (like myself) were highly critical of the defense, second half offense and the slow start as well as the poor coaching. After all, the standard is the standard. We accept that. Obviously.

Yes, we were happy that we won but those without the Steelers blinders on could see that the team is flagued with the same issues dating back 12 months.

The 'w' was a sham against a ****ty team. They should have won easily. Instead, they almost blew it and looked pitful in doing so.

Those without those blinders on tried to be realistic and say the team and coaching is still trash...others wanted to argue with.... We got the Win! YIPPIE.

Needless to say.... we told ya so. 1 game later, against a better team and we lose. Reason? Same old story.
Poor Coaching
Slow Start
Second half offense
Lack of preparation, communication
Confusion on defense.
Pitiful secondary

The only improvement was penalties.

Hopefully, this week the Steelers will put together an actual respectable performance for the first time this year.

feltdizz
10-04-2018, 08:38 PM
I don’t think anyone was impressed with the way the TB game ended.

Slapstick
10-04-2018, 09:16 PM
I don’t think anyone was impressed with the way the TB game ended.

We were just happy to get a win...

Flasteel
10-04-2018, 10:00 PM
After the TB game, a lot of people wanted to bust out the champagne that we won.

Others (like myself) were highly critical of the defense, second half offense and the slow start as well as the poor coaching. After all, the standard is the standard. We accept that. Obviously.

Yes, we were happy that we won but those without the Steelers blinders on could see that the team is flagued with the same issues dating back 12 months.

The 'w' was a sham against a ****ty team. They should have won easily. Instead, they almost blew it and looked pitful in doing so.

Those without those blinders on tried to be realistic and say the team and coaching is still trash...others wanted to argue with.... We got the Win! YIPPIE.

Needless to say.... we told ya so. 1 game later, against a better team and we lose. Reason? Same old story.
Poor Coaching
Slow Start
Second half offense
Lack of preparation, communication
Confusion on defense.
Pitiful secondary

The only improvement was penalties.

Hopefully, this week the Steelers will put together an actual respectable performance for the first time this year.

This is the kind of post one might expect immediately after a loss. I had to double check the date on it. I can't tell if you are irrationally consumed by the shortfalls of the team, or consumed by a need to think you have superior insight.

Like Dizz stated...I don't think anyone was happy with the defense or the collapse in that Bucs game. Let it go man.

steelz09
10-04-2018, 10:11 PM
This is the kind of post one might expect immediately after a loss. I had to double check the date on it. I can't tell if you are irrationally consumed by the shortfalls of the team, or consumed by a need to think you have superior insight.

Like Dizz stated...I don't think anyone was happy with the defense or the collapse in that Bucs game. Let it go man.

It's not just the TB game. It's the fact that this same stuff has been happening for 12 months and the only thing we get each week is Coach Cliche's press conference buzz words. Then, next week... Same results.

feltdizz
10-04-2018, 10:26 PM
12 months? The football season is roughly 5 months long.

What a weird and desperate. post.

Slapstick
10-04-2018, 10:39 PM
I hope he doesn’t have a Twitter account...

Shoe
10-04-2018, 10:43 PM
If you think about it though, the team is missing arguably its best player on offense (Bell) and best player on defense (Shazier). The Shazier loss especially, is still underrated. In whatever case though, I understand our frustration because the "miscommunication" problem should be relatively easy to remedy.

Flasteel
10-04-2018, 11:43 PM
It's not just the TB game. It's the fact that this same stuff has been happening for 12 months and the only thing we get each week is Coach Cliche's press conference buzz words. Then, next week... Same results.

We all share the same frustration, so I do understand where the vitriol is coming from. But it's a long season man and the time for calling for anyone's head or claiming victory for predictions of doom is still pretty far down the road. I'll be the first one to admit the defense does not leave me feeling optimistic, but what if they do start to turn it around? What if Bell comes back and the offense returns to form?

I'm pretty sure you won't start a thread titled "You All Told Me So".

I'm also pretty sure it's going to take a fairly large sample size of quality performances on both sides of the ball before any rational poster on this board starts talking Super Bowl again.

Captain Lemming
10-05-2018, 02:17 AM
"the time for......... claiming victory for predictions of doom is still pretty far down the road.

It is NEVER too early to "claim victory" for predicting doom my friend.
It is just awesome to celebrate a loss..........Yipeee!!!!!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/poppin1.gif

Steel Maniac
10-05-2018, 08:21 AM
Artie Burns struggles ..

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/28889/year-3-breakout-stalls-but-steelers-not-giving-up-on-artie-burns

Northern_Blitz
10-05-2018, 09:44 AM
I donít think anyone was impressed with the way the TB game ended.

This. I didn't see anyone saying that the Steelers were good very good on either side of the ball after the TB game.

williar
10-05-2018, 10:16 AM
The Steelers looked horrible in that game, even though they were fortunate enough to pull it out. If it wasn't for the turnovers that were generated in the first half by the defense we would have lost that one too! I don't know the YOU, your are referring to, but I didn't notice any optimism around these parts after that game.

Northern_Blitz
10-05-2018, 10:19 AM
The Steelers looked horrible in that game, even though they were fortunate enough to pull it out. If it wasn't for the turnovers that were generated in the first half by the defense we would have lost that one too! I don't know the YOU, your are referring to, but I didn't notice any optimism around these parts after that game.

I think it will take a complete game from the O and some kind of pass defense to spur any kind of optimism about the Steelers.

Sadly, I think it's far more likely that we're basically out of the playoffs before the bye than we get a significant turn around.

SidSmythe
10-05-2018, 10:23 AM

:tt2:Agree:Beer:owned:Boobs

williar
10-05-2018, 10:30 AM
I think it will take a complete game from the O and some kind of pass defense to spur any kind of optimism about the Steelers.

Sadly, I think it's far more likely that we're basically out of the playoffs before the bye than we get a significant turn around. There was some optimism in the first half as I thought they had finally "woke up!" However, that second half peformance canceled out everything! :(

RuthlessBurgher
10-05-2018, 10:38 AM
I'm curious about what aspect of the Code of Conduct got Felt and Slappy banned?

If anyone did not want to read what those guys were writing, there is an ignore feature as opposed to a sudden random ban.

It would be nice for the membership to know what rules they broke so we don't break those new rules in the future.

Thanks.

williar
10-05-2018, 11:17 AM
I'm curious about what aspect of the Code of Conduct got Felt and Slappy banned?

If anyone did not want to read what those guys were writing, there is an ignore feature as opposed to a sudden random ban.

It would be nice for the membership to know what rules they broke so we don't break those new rules in the future.

Thanks. Banned! Whaaaaatt!!! :( Those were two of my favorite posters... Yeah, I would like to know too! I never read anything offensive from them.. So sensitive aren't we! :wft

Northern_Blitz
10-05-2018, 11:26 AM

Thanks.

I'd be interested in this as well.

I want to make sure that I'm not violating the CoC on the site.

Ghost
10-05-2018, 12:26 PM
Unfortunately, Slap & Felt were on 'Double Secrete Probation'

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Y0cF2piwjYQ/hqdefault.jpg

SteelBucks
10-05-2018, 12:49 PM

Thanks.

Banned? A little quick on the trigger if you ask me.

(I’ll miss you all if this criticism results in my demise. :D)

NorthCoast
10-05-2018, 03:14 PM
If you think about it though, the team is missing arguably its best player on offense (Bell) and best player on defense (Shazier). The Shazier loss especially, is still underrated. In whatever case though, I understand our frustration because the "miscommunication" problem should be relatively easy to remedy.While I agree about the loss of Shazier, it seems 1 year is plenty of time for the coaches to figure out the adjustments needed. It's not a good look that they seemingly have no answers this far into a new season. How is it Belichick is able to right the ship so quickly after the loss of a key guy? Gronk goes out, ... next man up... (for real).

fordfixer
10-06-2018, 09:42 AM

Thanks.
Reading the forum takes up a lot less time now that two of the most frequent poster have been banned. I also would like to find out why

Buzz
10-06-2018, 09:58 AM
Slap and Dizz have been banned?

Too bad. Though they could be stubbornly annoying, they helped make for some lively discussions. Hope they're back soon.

kindlecatsb'ng
10-06-2018, 10:21 AM
Banned? A little quick on the trigger if you ask me.

(I’ll miss you all if this criticism results in my demise. :D)

:cry: who will be left to chat with on game days?

Flasteel
10-06-2018, 12:05 PM

Thanks.

First of all...what?!? I don't read every thread on this Board, so I'm not sure if they went nuclear and started talking about sexually assaulting young farm animals or something. But getting banned doesn't jibe with the typical tenor of their posting or their tenure on this board.

Secondly, I thought you were an administrator on here Ruthless? If not, then I thought you had some kind of pipeline to those who run the site. I have a hard time supporting banning anyone from this board, who isn't an obvious troll or out-of-control douchebag. If you find out, please let us know.

Buzz
10-06-2018, 02:06 PM
I have a hard time supporting banning anyone from this board, who isn't an obvious troll or out-of-control douchebag.

Glad you used the qualifiers "obvious" and "out-of-control" ... if we banned all the douchebags and trolls from this board, there wouldn't be many posters left.

Just kidding.:)

RuthlessBurgher
10-06-2018, 07:52 PM
First of all...what?!? I don't read every thread on this Board, so I'm not sure if they went nuclear and started talking about sexually assaulting young farm animals or something. But getting banned doesn't jibe with the typical tenor of their posting or their tenure on this board.

Secondly, I thought you were an administrator on here Ruthless? If not, then I thought you had some kind of pipeline to those who run the site. I have a hard time supporting banning anyone from this board, who isn't an obvious troll or out-of-control douchebag. If you find out, please let us know.

I don't want to get into this argument yet again, but since you asked, I'll try to provide the major points. You've been around here and the Trib board long enough to remember the racist trolls whose only contribution to our discussions was the introduction of the term "overpaid janitor" in reference to our head coach. Well, before this season even started, the owner of this board, steelz09, began referring to Tomlin as an overpaid janitor about 8-10 times within 24 hour period. I felt the need to respond that while I have no problem with members of this board critizing Tomlin's time management, his coach's challenges, his decisions whether or not to go for 2 points, etc., it was a really bad look for the owner of a Steeler board to continually be implying that our black head coach, who is very successful at his job by any objective measure, is capable of only menial, unskilled, cleaning jobs (several posters here have been adamently opposed to coaches like Dick LeBeau and Todd Haley in the last several years, but the worst insults they would face were being called old or a golf coach). He declined to stop using it, called anyone who objected to it as snowflakes, and I told him that I was no longer interested in volunteering my time to assist someone with such views. So here we are. Snowflake feltdizz and snowflake slapstick aren't here anymore. And several of the members left, snowflake and non, are now wondering about what aspects of the Code of Conduct are now bannable offenses.

pittpete
10-06-2018, 10:44 PM
Please fill out this form and forward to the admin.

https://pics.me.me/but-hurt-report-date-of-hurtfulness-time-what-caused-the-8977722.png

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-06-2018, 11:06 PM
I don't want to get into this argument yet again, but since you asked, I'll try to provide the major points. You've been around here and the Trib board long enough to remember the racist trolls whose only contribution to our discussions was the introduction of the term "overpaid janitor" in reference to our head coach. Well, before this season even started, the owner of this board, steelz09, began referring to Tomlin as an overpaid janitor about 8-10 times within 24 hour period. I felt the need to respond that while I have no problem with members of this board critizing Tomlin's time management, his coach's challenges, his decisions whether or not to go for 2 points, etc., it was a really bad look for the owner of a Steeler board to continually be implying that our black head coach, who is very successful at his job by any objective measure, is capable of only menial, unskilled, cleaning jobs (several posters here have been adamently opposed to coaches like Dick LeBeau and Todd Haley in the last several years, but the worst insults they would face were being called old or a golf coach). He declined to stop using it, called anyone who objected to it as snowflakes, and I told him that I was no longer interested in volunteering my time to assist someone with such views. So here we are. Snowflake feltdizz and snowflake slapstick aren't here anymore. And several of the members left, snowflake and non, are now wondering about what aspects of the Code of Conduct are now bannable offenses.

I didn't know that history of "overpaid janitor" went way back to the trib board, I was a member there, but barely, I guess not enough to pick up on that.

If having strong objections to that phrase being used makes someone a snowflake, then count SASF in. Or out maybe … I'm getting less and less enjoyment out of the board reading the owner post more and more like that. I don't visit here as much as I used to any more, it's just too icky for this snowflake for that reason, despite all the good guys that are here.

I was just going to lay low and see if things got any better, but it's kind of hard when folks are banned like they were. Vegas says this will be my last post, not by my choice (owner has pretty much said if I mentioned this again, "I'm gonna do what I gotta do to you"). Vegas can be wrong sometimes (SB at Raymond James Stadium anyone? :tt2), but just in case - it's been great, thanks for the fun, and GO STEELERS!

Steel Maniac
10-07-2018, 12:51 AM
I dont understand why people are getting so bent out of shape about what he says.

He owns the site; heís a grown man who has his views and ways of saying things. And ..... heís not going to stop saying what he wants to say or how he says it.

So why keep complaining? If it bothers anyone, they are free to go to another website.

steelz09
10-07-2018, 08:45 AM
It's a temporary ban. Not sure for how long yet.

Ruthless, did you provide reasons for the entire board to see when you've banned dozens upon dozens of people over the years? I didn't think so.

You have a bad habit of trying to put me on report like you have some sort of authority.

That started when you gave me an ultimatum and tried to put me on blast publicly. As everyone knows, I took a stand that some may not agree with. Ive addressed your concerns and took action. Your ultimatum backfired on you. Our views are different and that's ok. Such is life.

However, you could have been a professional and address your concerns in a PM or email.
You chose not to do so. I don't care about it quite honestly. However, it was pointed out by many other members to me that they thought it would have been much more appropriate to use a PM or email.

Bottom line is... it's not your or anyone elses business to know what conduct got member(s) banned regardless of who the members were.

It's not something done in the past. It won't be done now. And it won't be done in the future.

Northern_Blitz
10-07-2018, 09:35 AM
It's a temporary ban. Not sure for how long yet.

Ruthless, did you provide reasons for the entire board to see when you've banned dozens upon dozens of people over the years? I didn't think so.

You have a bad habit of trying to put me on report like you have some sort of authority.

That started when you gave me an ultimatum and tried to put me on blast publicly. As everyone knows, I took a stand that some may not agree with. Ive addressed your concerns and took action. Your ultimatum backfired on you. Our views are different and that's ok. Such is life.

However, you could have been a professional and address your concerns in a PM or email.
You chose not to do so. I don't care about it quite honestly. However, it was pointed out by many other members to me that they thought it would have been much more appropriate to use a PM or email.

Bottom line is... it's not your or anyone elses business to know what conduct got member(s) banned regardless of who the members were.

It's not something done in the past. It won't be done now. And it won't be done in the future.

For whatever it's worth (probably not much), I think the question is reasonable.

We've recently seen a fairly significant change in the Code of Conduct.

Now, we see two regular posters banned without an obvious reason (which doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't justified). It's unclear if these bans are related to changes in the CoC or if there are more changes coming.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for at least a general explanation of what happened (even if it doesn't get into specifics).

I could see Felt's comments calling you "drunk or high" as being insulting and potentially worthy of discipline.

But in your next post, you called him "retarded".

To me, these insults seem to be similar in magnitude. I don't think they're all that bad, but I could understand disciplining them if the objective is to get a more civil discourse on the board. But that seems to be contrary to the previous change in the CoC which was made to allow more provocative discussion.

But maybe the offending posts were deleted before anyone else saw them? If that were the case, I think it would still be helpful for the rest of us to have a least a basic understand of how they broke the new Code of Conduct (or if your intention is to further modify the CoC to improve the discourse on the board). If the purpose of the ban was to promote change in the community, it would be helpful if we understood what the desired change was.

Obviously, you don't have to tell us what happened. But I do think it's a reasonable ask. But I'm not the one who keeps the site running, so my opinion isn't the one that's most important here.

I hope that you'll agree.

Flasteel
10-08-2018, 07:00 AM

Thanks bro. Looks like it's a temporary ban, but I'm no fan of that type of action towards long-time posters. I don't like the thinly-veiled pejoratives tossed at Tomlin either, but I just think it ultimately reflects on those, who want to use the term. Especially when Tomlin continues to win and make these individuals look like they are ragging on him for reasons other than his coaching. Weak stuff all the way around.

Ernie
10-08-2018, 09:30 AM
I can honestly say there were times when you could find common ground with Slapstick. Feltdizz... on the other hand... would argue for the sake of arguing.. he was the ultimate Troll if I've ever seen one... and spent most of his life on here.
I put him on ignore a month or so ago. He won't missed around here as far as im concerned.

Steel Maniac
10-08-2018, 09:59 AM
I can honestly say there were times when you could find common ground with Slapstick. Feltdizz... on the other hand... would argue for the sake of arguing.. he was the ultimate Troll if I've ever seen one... and spent most of his life on here.
I put him on ignore a month or so ago. He won't missed around here as far as im concerned.

I've had Slap and Feltz on ignore for a while now and that's worked out for me. I got tired of their personal insults when you gave them hard facts and when they can't argue with it, they personally insult / attack you. So I'm not surprised at them getting banned. But If you just ignore them that should suffice. I don't see why anyone would stand up for them; who cares how long they've been here..what they do is not right and they deserved the ban. But they also deserve a second chance so I hope when they come back, they are better then they were before.

flippy
10-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Wow, this place feels like a bit of a ghost town without Slappy and Dizzy around stirring up the pot and people's emotions.

Message boards are a strange place sometimes. We all come off pompous, annoying, trolly, and insensitive some of the time if we're lucky...probably most of the time if we're not. The most annoying arguments I have on this board are the ones I have in my head with myself. I try to talk myself off the ledge sometimes, but I just go bonkers irrational when it comes to this team. After all, we're fans (fanatics) and isn't being fanatical a major part of being a fan?

I can get down for a loss just as easily as I can get up for a win. I get both sides of every argument even when I'm the most likely to find the silver lining long before most others. I think some of the problems come down to most message board posters are on the spectrum. We tend to have problems with our behavior, communication, and social interaction. It's why we spend time on a message board instead of living life.

Some of us like to hide it. Others like to deny it. But bring together a generally anti social bunch of people and what do you expect to happen?

Collectively our social skills are like a child's. We're learning. We're adapting. We're coping with people that think differently.

On the other hand, some of us are just crazy fans who probably drive the real people in our lives nuts with our obsession with football. So we found an outlet here with other like minded individuals. I tend to think no matter how different we are or how we react or deal with wins and losses, we're all a lot more alike that any of us would ever want to admit. We're obsessed with the Steelers. We want success. We want Lombardis. When we don't get what we want, most of deal with it like a petulant child who is told he can't have a cookie for the first time.

Wherever you fall on the spectrum, I don't care. I still like you. I am hopeful for you and I believe it can all get better. I feel like I'm the most guilty party of all around here. I can't find the rational path to being irrationally fixated on a SuperBowl victory this year. I will try to find that spark of hope again.

If I can find it. And you can find it. Then we all kind find it. (said in the Rocky Everyone Can Change monologue after defeating Ivan Drago - It felt inspirational as I typed it in my head :) )

Steel Maniac
10-08-2018, 10:39 AM
I enjoy talking to people who give their opinions based on facts or personal insite because of similar situations. Not guys who argue with no logic, with no facts, no nothing. Guys who argue on, " I feel". Battering others based on " I feel"; really? Because that's what they did most of the time.

I actually like Ruth (he may not think so) because he'll come with numbers, or insite that gives him reason to feel the way he does. And everyone else too but those two guys.

To me, basing their longevity as a reason for them not to be banned isn't logical. They start s*** and do it with vigor because they can. How many people have came forward and said they had them on ignore other then me? I last counted 3.