PDA

View Full Version : Bell Raps......... again

NorthCoast
05-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Le’Veon Bell Releases Latest Rap Song, “Target”, Ahead Of Holiday Weekend
Doesn't seem like he is trying to make nice with the FO.... oh well. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/TyNOskTW7kg

kindlecatsb'ng
05-25-2018, 10:26 PM
He better keep his day job.

Buzz
05-25-2018, 10:45 PM
He better keep his day job.If he signs his tag, he shouldn't have to worry about making money off his music for a day or two.

pittpete
05-26-2018, 12:10 AM
You can't fix stupid:rolleyes:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-26-2018, 08:50 AM
Wow. Isn't one of the things that make rap good super fast rhyming vocals with awesome clarity?

This is mainly monosyllabic vocals that don't rhyme, spoken indistinctly. Oh, with a boring backing track.

feltdizz
05-26-2018, 09:27 AM
Unfortunately rap has gone in a new direction and wack flows over good beats is all you need.

Arian Foster released an album recently that was impressive. I was shocked.

Maybe LB should wait until he retires so he can truly focus on his other hobbies.

I refuse to listen to hot garbage.

squidkid
05-26-2018, 04:22 PM
lol..............this guy is so F@cking stupid
please pull the tag, have him blow out a knee or something.

BURGH86STEEL
05-26-2018, 04:52 PM
I don't believe Bell has an issue with the organization. I believe he has a problem with fans that are overly critical of where he stands on his contract negotiations. Fans love him one minute (his play) hate him the next (off season during negotiations).

passhappy
05-26-2018, 05:16 PM
sorry but that sucks !!!

Captain Lemming
05-27-2018, 12:33 AM
I don't believe Bell has an issue with the organization. I believe he has a problem with fans that are overly critical of where he stands on his contract negotiations. Fans love him one minute (his play) hate him the next (off season during negotiations).

Hey Bell. You hanging out in these foums? Cause that rap sounds like an answer to us critics here.

pittpete
05-27-2018, 01:13 PM

Those fans that buy his jersey's and buy overpriced tickets to see him play?
How dare they question his commitment to the team?:rolleyes:

Steel Maniac
05-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Bell is just making it that much easier for the fan base to forget him when he leaves. Keep up the good work Bell.

squidkid
05-27-2018, 03:57 PM
Hey Bell. You hanging out in these foums? Cause that rap sounds like an answer to us critics here.

I wish players would come to these boards but no way is bell here.
He wouldn't be able to resist replying, and as dumb as he is, we would know who he is by the lack of spelling and grammar usage.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-27-2018, 04:00 PM
i wish players would come to these boards but no way is bell here.
he wouldn't be able to resist replying and as dumb as he is, we would know who he is by the lack of spelling and grammar usage.

Fess up, Leveon ... that's you, isn't it? :)

squidkid
05-27-2018, 04:21 PM
Fess up, Leveon ... that's you, isn't it? :)

i didn't say lack of capitalization.............butt sinc yu be axed me a ?, i not himba

Steel Maniac
05-27-2018, 07:04 PM
HahahahahHajaha

SteelBucks
05-27-2018, 07:35 PM
Thankfully the drama ends in July.

BURGH86STEEL
05-27-2018, 10:43 PM
Those fans that buy his jersey's and buy overpriced tickets to see him play?
How dare they question his commitment to the team?:rolleyes:
This has nothing to do with his commitment to the team. Football is business for players and entertainment for fans. There is a big difference. Unfortunately, some fans are to selfish to see the difference.

pittpete
05-27-2018, 10:58 PM
Why would a fan care about Bells business?
Most fans are committed to their team, selfishness has nothing to do with it.

squidkid
05-28-2018, 11:06 PM
This has nothing to do with his commitment to the team. Football is business for players and entertainment for fans. There is a big difference. Unfortunately, some fans are to selfish to see the difference.

i would be more entertained with bell blowing out both knees and never making another dime off nfl fans by never playing again. im committed to the team , not bell. why some are too stupid to see that is beyond me

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-29-2018, 12:49 AM
i would be more entertained with bell blowing out both knees and never making another dime off nfl fans by never playing again. im committed to the team , not bell. why some are too stupid to see that is beyond me

That is one of the most F'U'd things I've ever heard someone who says they are a Steeler fan say.

Why would you hope one of our best players, who besides Ben and maybe AB, will be the most important player to give us a chance to get to the SB this year?

Really - it's not a rhetorical question, I'd love to know your thoughts.

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2018, 10:04 AM

Hey...look at me...I'm so committed to this team that I want to see its most dynamic playmaker get severely injured to the point that he can never play again! :wft

feltdizz
05-29-2018, 10:18 AM
wait, you guys are shocked by Squid's honesty?

Dude has been trolling this place for years. He isn't a Steeler fan, he is a Squid kid fan..

just yapping to get a reaction.

once a year he gets a good joke off but the rest of the time its bitching, moaning and trashing Steeler fans, draft picks and players

He's committed to the team tho, you gonna trust him or your lying eyes

LMAO

Buzz
05-29-2018, 10:25 AM
I never like to see a player get seriously hurt, even if it's one I root strongly against (ie. Tom Brady).

Although I have to admit, I came close to wishing Burfict some bodily harm a couple years back.

feltdizz
05-29-2018, 10:29 AM
I never like to see a player get seriously hurt, even if it's one I root strongly against (ie. Tom Brady).

Although I have to admit, I came close to wishing Burfict some bodily harm a couple years back.

I enjoyed seeing Burfict on his back after the JuJu hit...

but yeah, I would never wish a career ending injury on anyone.

It's just a game. WTF

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2018, 10:37 AM

Yeah, even though I'm not a Tom Brady fan by any stretch. I don't root for Brady to get hurt. I want to beat the best to be the best.

On the other hand, if you are a scumbag cheapshot artist who is only out there to attempt to injure opponents like Burfict (or for another example of a worthless headhunter from a different sport, Tom Wilson of the Washington Capitals), I wouldn't mind one bit if either guy tore an ACL slipping in the shower this morning. Screw them.

Steel Maniac
05-29-2018, 11:04 AM
Yeah, even though I'm not a Tom Brady fan by any stretch. I don't root for Brady to get hurt. I want to beat the best to be the best.

On the other hand, if you are a scumbag cheapshot artist who is only out there to attempt to injure opponents like Burfict (or for another example of a worthless headhunter from a different sport, Tom Wilson of the Washington Capitals), I wouldn't mind one bit if either guy tore an ACL slipping in the shower this morning. Screw them.

Burfict is out there trying to end other people's careers so I'd rather see his career ended. It's just that simple for me.

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2018, 11:17 AM
Burfict is out there trying to end other people's careers so I'd rather see his career ended. It's just that simple for me.

What goes around comes around.

Or as AB put it more succinctly after Juju decleated Burfict last season..."Karma!"

Steel Maniac
05-29-2018, 11:43 AM
Juju mad Burfict his *itch. And we loved it.

Burfict, meet Juju. Up close and personal.

Buzz
05-30-2018, 02:18 PM
Bell, Villanueva show dramatically different priorities over Memorial Day weekend:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/29/17403532/steelers-alejandro-villanueva-leveon-bell-show-different-priorities-memorial-day-opinion-commentary

NorthCoast
05-30-2018, 07:32 PM
Bell, Villanueva show dramatically different priorities over Memorial Day weekend:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/29/17403532/steelers-alejandro-villanueva-leveon-bell-show-different-priorities-memorial-day-opinion-commentary
Newsflash Bell: the NFL has a written policy that if a player doesn't show or is late for a drug test, it is labeled 'a failed test'. He would be correct if he said he never tested positive on a drug test.

The guy just beats to a different drum and it's clear that drum is out of tune with most fans. It's the reason why he continually has to defend himself on his negotiations. He really, really should consider hiring a PR man and stay on the sidelines......

williar
05-30-2018, 08:46 PM
Excuse me! What has LB done to deserve all of the wrath? Just because he chose not to sign a contract he felt undervalued him? So, he raps on his spare time about stuff going on in his life, and now he's the enemy! He didn't ask to franchised "twice"! If anything, take it up with the front office, they made that decision. I'm sure if it was up to Bell he would have been on the first thing smoking to any team who would have paid him a dime more, rather than put up with this typical "yinzer" fan non-sense!

When Ben spews his selfish BS at every turn - you can hear a pin drop around here! I wanted LB to leave just so those of y'all who think he can be so easily replaced could see what this offense would look like without him.

flippy
05-31-2018, 07:45 AM
Excuse me! What has LB done to deserve all of the wrath? Just because he chose not to sign a contract he felt undervalued him? So, he raps on his spare time about stuff going on in his life, and now he's the enemy! He didn't ask to franchised "twice"! If anything, take it up with the front office, they made that decision. I'm sure if it was up to Bell he would have been on the first thing smoking to any team who would have paid him a dime more, rather than put up with this typical "yinzer" fan non-sense!

When Ben spews his selfish BS at every turn - you can hear a pin drop around here! I wanted LB to leave just so those of y'all who think he can be so easily replaced could see what this offense would look like without him.

I'd suggest Leveon brings the fan reaction on himself when he says he'll sit out or retire if the Steelers franchise him again.

Fans live and die by the team. Saying stuff like LB has said tells the world he doesn't care as much about the team as the fans and I think that's why he gets flack.

No biggie imho. 99% of players are the same and we'd be the same too in a similar situation. But if you're going to come out and say it, you're going to make fans mad.

Ben drama is completely different in that regard imho. But he gets wrath as well. All players do when their personal drive and goals don't align with the team which is what fans care about. We don't even get paid by the team and we care more about their wins and losses than the players. Isn't that crazy?

Slapstick
05-31-2018, 08:00 AM
Whew! There was a lot to unpack there, but Flippy did a fine job...

I would only add a couple of things:

If you think nobody posts on this board when Ben says something stupid, whether throwing coaches under the bus or talking about retirement, then you must not be reading the board...

And, if Le'Veon Bell (or James Harrison) doesn't like being cast as the villain, then DON'T ACT LIKE A VILLAIN!!

Eich
05-31-2018, 09:44 AM
I think what really sets fans off is when a 26 year old athlete who is currently making $14M per year, more money than any of us would see in multiple LIFETIMES, acts like an $ss about his contract.

Conflicting tweets. Conflicting rap songs. Ima need this. Imma need that. I'm playing this year. I'm not playing this year. I might start week 10. I might start week 4. I'm siting out. I, I, I, me, me, me.

If you don't want fans getting bent out of shape over your contract, then just shut the hell up and keep it internal. Act like a man. The vast majority of fans are not going to relate to someone who "needs" $17M/year instead of $14M/year.

feltdizz
05-31-2018, 09:57 AM
I think what really sets fans off is when a 26 year old athlete who is currently making $14M per year, more money than any of us would see in multiple LIFETIMES, acts like an $ss about his contract.

Conflicting tweets. Conflicting rap songs. Ima need this. Imma need that. I'm playing this year. I'm not playing this year. I might start week 10. I might start week 4. I'm siting out. I, I, I, me, me, me.

If you don't want fans getting bent out of shape over your contract, then just shut the hell up and keep it internal. Act like a man. The vast majority of fans are not going to relate to someone who "needs" $17M/year instead of $14M/year.

But why would anyone even try to relate or compare their salary to an athletes. That's mad making to the highest degree.

I never understood why folks get personal when it comes to sports salaries or billionaire conversations. Never compare what you do to what they do or how they do it.

This is also why I think fans are hypocritical. They obsess over sports, pay top dollar to sit in stadiums with 70K people and then have the nerve to get mad or ask why athletes make so much money.

Don't get mad, go find something else to worry about instead of football players contracts if you can't handle how the sausage is made.

Eich
05-31-2018, 10:06 AM
But why would anyone even try to relate or compare their salary to an athletes. That's mad making to the highest degree.

I never understood why folks get personal when it comes to sports salaries or billionaire conversations. Never compare what you do to what they do or how they do it.

Most wouldn't. Until a player publicly wines about it. That's the point. Fans don't want to hear whining.

This is also why I think fans are hypocritical. They obsess over sports, pay top dollar to sit in stadiums with 70K people and then have the nerve to get mad or ask why athletes make so much money.

Don't get mad, go find something else to worry about instead of football players contracts if you can't handle how the sausage is made.

The fact that we're all in here on a forum dedicated to the sport, shows that fans obsess over sports. It's why many of us get mad when the team loses, especially to a team that they should have beaten. Many fans, feel like they're part of the team or an extension of it. It's why we're called Stillernation. It's a club. It's something we obsess over and worry about.

And again, most fans won't get all worked up over salaries if the players would just shut up about their contracts. Do you go out and rap and tweet about what your employer will or will not pay you? It's immature, low-class and annoying.

Slapstick
05-31-2018, 10:44 AM
This is true...if Bell had been silent all this time and then signed a contract for $15-$16 million per year, most fans wouldn’t be outraged. They might think he got paid too much, but there would not be the venom we see now.

Fans feel as though Le’Veon is rubbing everything he can in their faces. He is not helping himself with all of his social media and rap BS...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Most wouldn't. Until a player publicly wines about it. That's the point. Fans don't want to hear whining.

The fact that we're all in here on a forum dedicated to the sport, shows that fans obsess over sports. It's why many of us get mad when the team loses, especially to a team that they should have beaten. Many fans, feel like they're part of the team or an extension of it. It's why we're called Stillernation. It's a club. It's something we obsess over and worry about.

And again, most fans won't get all worked up over salaries if the players would just shut up about their contracts. Do you go out and rap and tweet about what your employer will or will not pay you? It's immature, low-class and annoying.

This.

Very sensible post.

Shut up (not you, Eich - Bell!), play well, and no one will be bothered by your $14MM or $17MM salary.

feltdizz
05-31-2018, 11:13 AM
This.

Very sensible post.

Shut up (not you, Eich - Bell!), play well, and no one will be bothered by your $14MM or $17MM salary.

I don't think this is true, while folks wouldn't be as annoyed I think they would still be frustrated we paid Bell that much.

Eich
05-31-2018, 11:18 AM
I don't think this is true, while folks wouldn't be as annoyed I think they would still be frustrated we paid Bell that much.

There would be some initial "wow" reactions, like there was to Matt Ryan's contract. Frustrated? I wouldn't use that word. But Bell would not be considered a "Villain" in any way. The reaction from fans would be completely different than it is now. Bell is 100% bringing negative reaction from fans on HIMSELF. Period.

feltdizz
05-31-2018, 11:34 AM
There would be some initial "wow" reactions, like there was to Matt Ryan's contract. Frustrated? I wouldn't use that word. But Bell would not be considered a "Villain" in any way. The reaction from fans would be completely different than it is now. Bell is 100% bringing negative reaction from fans on HIMSELF. Period.

I think after he didn't sign the last offer folks were done...

but if he signed it I still think folks would say he wasn't worthy given what other backs make and his smoking flowers

Slapstick
05-31-2018, 11:44 AM
I think after he didn't sign the last offer folks were done...

but if he signed it I still think folks would say he wasn't worthy given what other backs make and his smoking flowers

That may be true, but most of the vitriol wouldn’t be there...there are still people who call our QB “Rapistberger”....but, most of the world has moved on...

NorthCoast
05-31-2018, 01:04 PM
For those that are saying it's just business for Bell, I submit that his approach to contract negotiations is quite unbusiness like.
how many other star players are out there rapping about getting paid?

feltdizz
05-31-2018, 01:38 PM
For those that are saying it's just business for Bell, I submit that his approach to contract negotiations is quite unbusiness like.
how many other star players are out there rapping about getting paid?

I'm pretty sure every team has a few wannabe rappers tho..

but I refuse to listen to any of them, including Bell.

definitely unconventional, I don't take it seriously either

flippy
05-31-2018, 05:47 PM

We'll complain no matter what. That's part of being a fan.

Personally, I want Bell to get everything he wants from the team because he entertains me. He's a great player.

But I also want the team to be able to afford other players and will always wonder what we could have got for that extra $3m? That one extra player could be the difference between us winning the next SuperBowl. And I think we all care more about winning than Bell getting paid.

NorthCoast
05-31-2018, 06:44 PM

Personally, I want Bell to get everything he wants from the team because he entertains me. He's a great player.

But I also want the team to be able to afford other players and will always wonder what we could have got for that extra $3m? That one extra player could be the difference between us winning the next SuperBowl. And I think we all care more about winning than Bell getting paid.^this. While Bell on the Steelers is exciting, most fans don't want him at possible expense of a Superbowl winning team.

Steel Maniac
05-31-2018, 10:09 PM

But I also want the team to be able to afford other players and will always wonder what we could have got for that extra $3m? That one extra player could be the difference between us winning the next SuperBowl. And I think we all care more about winning than Bell getting paid.

Boom..............

feltdizz
06-01-2018, 09:04 AM

This is why I think Bell feels like he is the villain.

I really don't understand how not winning a SB gets laid at his feet.

Tuitt is paid handsomely and was hurt all of last year. AB makes 16 mill a year and no one besides Cap Lemming has pointed to his contract as the reason we can't get better players to win a SB. Ben is paid handsomely, almost no one blames his money as the reason we aren't in a SB.

Literally any other player making 7 mill a year or more can be blamed for the reason we are one player away from a SB.

Yet it's all put on Bell?

That's some Black Sheep of the family excuse if I ever heard it.

feltdizz
06-01-2018, 09:07 AM
^this. While Bell on the Steelers is exciting, most fans don't want him at possible expense of a Superbowl winning team.

smh.. so it's Bell or a SB? If we get rid of Bell and don't make a SB then who becomes our huckleberry?

How are you guys coming to the conclusion that Bell stops us from a SB?

Not sure if I used it right but I love that line...lol.

Slapstick
06-01-2018, 09:48 AM
It isn’t a certainty that signing Bell costs the team a SB any more than not signing Bell will cost the team a SB...

However, there is a salary structure in the NFL, and signing Bell to a contract that is WAY out of that structure could absolutely be detrimental to the overall team...as you know, under a salary cap, there is a finite amount of resources that a team is permitted to spend, so overspending on one position leads to underspending on another...there are positions where paying a premium is warranted: Franchise QB, Star TD scoring WR...there is a threshold that the Steelers have not been willing to cross and Bell’s demands are well beyond that threshold...

Northern_Blitz
06-01-2018, 09:58 AM
This is why I think Bell feels like he is the villain.

I really don't understand how not winning a SB gets laid at his feet.

Tuitt is paid handsomely and was hurt all of last year. AB makes 16 mill a year and no one besides Cap Lemming has pointed to his contract as the reason we can't get better players to win a SB. Ben is paid handsomely, almost no one blames his money as the reason we aren't in a SB.

Literally any other player making 7 mill a year or more can be blamed for the reason we are one player away from a SB.

Yet it's all put on Bell?

That's some Black Sheep of the family excuse if I ever heard it.

For what it's worth I also think that paying WRs too much hurts your chances to win SBs. I think that the only "skill" position on O worth breaking the bank on is QB. Most other positions are more easily replaceable.

But, I also don't think the Bell (or Brown) are morally wrong to ask for what they would get paid on the open market. That's how the system is supposed to work. In Bell's case, he's twice been designated as the guy the team is going to pay below market value to. I get how that would piss someone off (despite the fact that he's making a ton of money). Especially when I think that RBs have a shorter window to land a big long term contract than WRs.

feltdizz
06-01-2018, 11:10 AM
For what it's worth I also think that paying WRs too much hurts your chances to win SBs. I think that the only "skill" position on O worth breaking the bank on is QB. Most other positions are more easily replaceable.

But, I also don't think the Bell (or Brown) are morally wrong to ask for what they would get paid on the open market. That's how the system is supposed to work. In Bell's case, he's twice been designated as the guy the team is going to pay below market value to. I get how that would piss someone off (despite the fact that he's making a ton of money). Especially when I think that RBs have a shorter window to land a big long term contract than WRs.

Exactly how I feel.

I would even go as far as saying there is a point where QB's salary's can also set you back.

Look at Detroit, Seattle and Baltimore.

That being said, I get it.. we have to spend the money somewhere and IMO it's always a good idea to spend the most on the best players on your team.

I just think some folks are going overboard to blame Bell for hurting our chances to make a SB. It's not like we are cutting great players on D to make room for his contract.

Eich
06-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Exactly how I feel.

I would even go as far as saying there is a point where QB's salary's can also set you back.

That being said, I get it.. we have to spend the money somewhere and IMO it's always a good idea to spend the most on the best players on your team.

I just think some folks are going overboard to blame Bell for hurting our chances to make a SB. It's not like we are cutting great players on D to make room for his contract.

Agree.

But again, Ben, AB and Tuit have all accepted reasonable contracts for their positions, no? Did any of them demand to significantly redefine the salary ceiling for their respective positions?

Also, I don't blame Bell for hurting our SB chances YET. To this point, we've been getting good value for him IMO. But if we were to pay him $17M/year for the next 3, I'm not so sure about it anymore.

feltdizz
06-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Agree.

But again, Ben, AB and Tuit have all accepted reasonable contracts for their positions, no? Did any of them demand to significantly redefine the salary ceiling for their respective positions?

Also, I don't blame Bell for hurting our SB chances YET. To this point, we've been getting good value for him IMO. But if we were to pay him $17M/year for the next 3, I'm not so sure about it anymore.

I hear you but I think the RB position has been stagnant due to the talent level before this last crop of RB's.

I definitely think Zeke and Gurley are going to get big money.

The RB in SF just got 7 mill and he hasn't rushed for more than 600 yards in a season. Imagine if we paid 7 mill per season to a RB with those stats? Yeesh..

Northern_Blitz
06-01-2018, 01:17 PM
I hear you but I think the RB position has been stagnant due to the talent level before this last crop of RB's.

I definitely think Zeke and Gurley are going to get big money.

The RB in SF just got 7 mill and he hasn't rushed for more than 600 yards in a season. Imagine if we paid 7 mill per season to a RB with those stats? Yeesh..

I agree that talent level is a part of it. But, I also think that the lower talent level drove teams to try platooning...and they found out that having two good backs was just as good (or better) than having one great back.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Exactly how I feel.

If we paid him less, I wonder if the chances would have been greater that we could have gotten one of those good FA LBs that are out of our reach now.

feltdizz
06-01-2018, 03:08 PM
If we paid him less, I wonder if the chances would have been greater that we could have gotten one of those good FA LBs that are out of our reach now.

I think if we really wanted one of those FA LB's we would've made room for them.

Slapstick
06-01-2018, 05:25 PM
I think if we really wanted one of those FA LB's we would've made room for them.

We probably would have had to overpay...and we’re already overpaying for Bell...

feltdizz
06-04-2018, 08:26 AM
We probably would have had to overpay...and we’re already overpaying for Bell...

We rarely overpay for FA's. That isn't how we operate.

This is why I don't understand the FA talk. We rarely shop in FA for big money guys.

We draft and fine bargains in FA.