PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Bell might get his long term deal

feltdizz
04-28-2018, 10:45 AM
No RB early :p

Shawn
04-28-2018, 11:05 AM
He will have to compromise...and that won't happen. I see the Steelers and him parting ways after this season...RB or no RB.

phillyesq
04-28-2018, 12:23 PM
It doesn't matter. Running back is the easiest position for a RB to plug and play. GIve Bell 400+ touches again this year, and as the wheels are that much closer to falling off, grab his replacement in 2018.

feltdizz
04-28-2018, 12:44 PM
He will have to compromise...and that won't happen. I see the Steelers and him parting ways after this season...RB or no RB.

He will definitely have to compromise but I heard we came up a little bit on the last offer. I think in the end Bell will sign a long term deal with us if one is offered again after the draft.

If he takes a chance to test the test the market after this year it’s a helluva gamble in his part.

..and compromising for 14 to 15 mill a season isn’t a bad look.

I was prepared to see us draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd. Kind of shocked we didn’t but then again, I thought resigning Ridley was a sign we weren’t really going to go RB early unless Barkley fell to us.

I want us to take the RB from Iowa if he is still on the board. I think he would be a nice compliment/insurance if Bell turns down our offer.

Ernie
04-28-2018, 01:36 PM
It doesn't matter. Running back is the easiest position for a RB to plug and play. GIve Bell 400+ touches again this year, and as the wheels are that much closer to falling off, grab his replacement in 2018.

Id tend to agree with this. We've already got Conner. Need a rookie in the 2019 draft to plug and play... then we are all set