PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Like In Round 2 / 3?

flippy
04-27-2018, 07:20 AM
At least we have 3 picks. Wonder if we'll go LB / RB / WR?

Or maybe they'll surprise us with a different position? Or a guy rated by others as a UDFA?

I think round 2 is Colbert/Tomlin's money round. Maybe we can trade to get an extra pick in round 2?

I'll guess we come away with Darius Leonard or Jerome Baker in round 2.

By round 3, I'm not even sure who I think will be left with the way this draft is playing out?

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 08:00 AM
The Edmonds pick is by far Colbert’s biggest first round “ reach” pick ever. I see how Edmonds could be that guy on third down to cover TE,s and a hybrid lb too but it needs to happen in that fashion for him to be worth where he was taken.

I love the 4 picks we have in the next two rounds and I hope things will be much more conventional.

Mick'sTeam
04-27-2018, 08:40 AM
Terrell Edmunds

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 08:47 AM
Rashaad Penny

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-27-2018, 08:49 AM
I think they have to go WR in 2-3 and double dip later.

2nd-Chark, Kirk, Miller, Washigton

3rd-Pettis,Hamilton

You would think ILB in play today too.

2nd-Leonard, Jefferson,Nwosu, Warner,

3rd-Baker, Avery

RB in play? Maybe Ballage end of 3rd. Hoping they can trade back In 3rd with #79 pick up late 4th.

What I want is one of Geisicki or Goedert to fall to them In 2nd. Use 3 on WR & ILB.

squidkid
04-27-2018, 09:12 AM
i like whoever we end up picking in those rounds. check that, i love them
they are perfect fits for us.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 09:14 AM
I’d like to see us go ILB, RB, OL & DL in our next 4 picks but not nessasarily in that order.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 09:15 AM

Hahahahahahaha

Iron City Inc.
04-27-2018, 09:20 AM

The meds have kicked in.

steelguin
04-27-2018, 10:35 AM
I was surprised to see Penny go in the first round. I would like to see us get Malik Jefferson today.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 10:41 AM
I was surprised to see Penny go in the first round. I would like to see us get Malik Jefferson today.

I"m with you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's be honest...the only LB we have that we feel good about is Watt. All the others are borderline. Don't be surprised if we take two LB's in the next 4 picks. We need options; Dupree looks like he won't even be here next year and Williams is just "a guy". We need options..real options.

Navarro Bowman is still out there too; just saying.

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 10:46 AM
I think Bowman is intriguing...Tom Bradley was his DC at Penn State for Bowman's entire college career...

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 10:56 AM
Not sure about the actual player but I would like:

ILB
WR
DL/NT
and the RB from Iowa

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2018, 11:01 AM
i wouldnt mind nwoso or darius Leonard at LB

Washington at WR

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 11:15 AM
I'd also be good with Sam Hubbard...he checks almost all the boxes in what we look for in an OLB...

I can't believe Landry fell out of the first...

Iron City Inc.
04-27-2018, 11:27 AM
I'd also be good with Sam Hubbard...he checks almost all the boxes in what we look for in an OLB...

I can't believe Landry fell out of the first...
I think he fits a 4-3 team more then us. Plays going forward well. Our olb's drop a bunch and one reason we stopped having James on the field. Good player tough fit imho.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 11:50 AM
i wouldnt mind nwoso or darius Leonard at LB

Washington at WR

Darius Leonard would be a good get. But would he be there at our selection?

phillyesq
04-27-2018, 11:52 AM
I think one of the picks today will absolutely be a WR. Aside from that, I'd like to see a linebacker and a nose tackle. After seeing the Steelers get pushed around against Jacksonville, I think adding a true run stuffer would be beneficial. Having depth on the defensive line is never a bad thing, and having somebody else to rotate in could shore up the run defense.

If not a nose tackle, I'd take an OLB or a TE if somebody intriguing falls.

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 12:06 PM
I think he fits a 4-3 team more then us. Plays going forward well. Our olb's drop a bunch and one reason we stopped having James on the field. Good player tough fit imho.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Browns took him with pick #33, since they decided on Denzel Ward over Bradley Chubb...they could still use a pass rusher on the other side of Garrett...

pittpete
04-27-2018, 03:33 PM
Rashaad Penny
Sarcasm?
You know he was drafted right?

pittpete
04-27-2018, 04:02 PM
ROUND 2
DARIUS LEONARD- he has the traits and talent to become a good, three-down linebacker who can play 3-4 inside backer or 4-3 WILL

RONALD JONES- has the ability to turn into a much more dangerous pass-catcher than we saw at USC

WILL HERNANDEZ- NFL ready guard

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 04:04 PM
Sarcasm?
You know he was drafted right?

Yes. Sarcasm.

SidSmythe
04-27-2018, 04:06 PM
I'm not against using our extra 3rd round pick to move up in the 2nd.

Rara
04-27-2018, 04:27 PM
Arden Key, Josey Jewell, Malik Jackson, Dallas Goedert, Mason Rudolph, Josh Jackson, Jessie Bates (yeah, you read that right.)

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 05:44 PM
33. Browns..Landry
34. Giants...Hernandez
35. Browns....O'neil
36. Colts.....Guice
37. Colts....Josh Jackson

We are not going to get a chance to see none of the guys we want to see by our pick. Just too far down the line. Colts have 3 picks in the first 17 picks of round two.

pittpete
04-27-2018, 05:46 PM
Probably right on the Hernandez to the Giants pick...

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 05:48 PM
Probably right on the Hernandez to the Giants pick...

That O-line is terrible; Just like the Cardinals. Why take Barkley if you can't block for him and protect Eli? Giants are going to go O-line a lot in the next two rounds. At least, you gotta believe so.

NorthCoast
04-27-2018, 05:52 PM
At least we have 3 picks. Wonder if we'll go LB / RB / WR?

Or maybe they'll surprise us with a different position? Or a guy rated by others as a UDFA?

I think round 2 is Colbert/Tomlin's money round. Maybe we can trade to get an extra pick in round 2?

I'll guess we come away with Darius Leonard or Jerome Baker in round 2.

By round 3, I'm not even sure who I think will be left with the way this draft is playing out?In the Colbert era, 2nd to 7th round LBs have been resoundingly 'meh'....

Shawn
04-27-2018, 05:54 PM
The Edmonds pick is by far Colbert’s biggest first round “ reach” pick ever. I see how Edmonds could be that guy on third down to cover TE,s and a hybrid lb too but it needs to happen in that fashion for him to be worth where he was taken.

I love the 4 picks we have in the next two rounds and I hope things will be much more conventional. I hadn't done much homework on Edmonds when I reacted. But, I would say Burns was a greater reach. At least Edmonds serves to play two roles, ILB, SS. He's the hybrid type the Steelers are looking for. I get the pick now. Was he the best on the board? IMO, no. But, he was the best hybrid on the board and thats why they jumped early on him.

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 06:16 PM
Edmunds was definitely the most athletic safety on the board...I think the Shazier comparison is spot on...not the most polished player available, but an outrageously athletic one...

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 06:30 PM
I hadn't done much homework on Edmonds when I reacted. But, I would say Burns was a greater reach. At least Edmonds serves to play two roles, ILB, SS. He's the hybrid type the Steelers are looking for. I get the pick now. Was he the best on the board? IMO, no. But, he was the best hybrid on the board and thats why they jumped early on him.

I like the way you said, " Best Hybrid on the board". That sums it up in a nutshell.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 06:31 PM
By some miracle if Leonard fell to us, we should be all over it. But I don't see how that can happen.

steeler_george
04-27-2018, 06:44 PM
in this order:

Goedert
Geskisi
Kirk
Chalk
Washington
Warner
Joel

steeler_george
04-27-2018, 06:56 PM
I'm not against using our extra 3rd round pick to move up in the 2nd.

very interesting....

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 07:35 PM
We are trying to trade up in the second round but we can’t seem to pull it off.

steeler_george
04-27-2018, 07:36 PM
We are trying to trade up in the second round but we can’t seem to pull it off.

Why can't we pull it off?