PDA

View Full Version : Game Over...Lamar Jackson...Ravens

Shawn
04-26-2018, 11:35 PM
Ben leaving...good luck defending Jackson. This draft leaves me depressed.

SteelBucks
04-26-2018, 11:38 PM

Huh? ........

Ernie
04-26-2018, 11:38 PM
Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Got 4 picks!

Shawn
04-26-2018, 11:39 PM
What's to wonder about? The Ravens got the best QB in the draft. Ben is leaving in one to two years. The Ravens will be a powerhouse again.

SteelBucks
04-26-2018, 11:42 PM
What's to wonder about? The Ravens got the best QB in the draft. Ben is leaving in one to two years. The Ravens will be a powerhouse again.

You’re entitled to your opinion but best QB in draft? Ben got three more years. Mark it down.

Shawn
04-26-2018, 11:44 PM
You’re entitled to your opinion but best QB in draft? Ben got three more years. Mark it down. Yes, the best QB in the draft. We passed on him to select a third round talent. A box safety...who would have fell easily to us in the second.

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2018, 11:45 PM
If the Ravens truly believed that Lamar Jackson was a franchise QB, they would have just taken him at 16 instead of trading down twice, drafting an overaged TE, and finally trading back into the last pick of round one.

NorthCoast
04-26-2018, 11:45 PM
Two new QBs in AFCN for the Steelers D to feed on......:D

SteelBucks
04-26-2018, 11:46 PM
I’m not taking Lamar Jackson and I’m glad the Steelers followed suit. See what tomorrow brings.

Shawn
04-26-2018, 11:51 PM
If the Ravens truly believed that Lamar Jackson was a franchise QB, they would have just taken him at 16 instead of trading down twice, drafting an overaged TE, and finally trading back into the last pick of round one. Watch and wait...Lamar Jackson will be the bane of our existence.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 12:11 AM
Lamar Jackson will be another bust in the long line of running QBs. I was happy to see the Ravens make that pick because he will set them back another 5 years like all bust QBs do to their teams.

Prowler
04-27-2018, 12:24 AM
Lamar Jackson equals Vince Young.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Lamar Jackson equal Vince Young.

Exactly......

Captain Lemming
04-27-2018, 01:50 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/eb/3d/54eb3dda21d42dbc8d7dff5043ccfbfb.jpg

Shawn
04-27-2018, 06:22 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/eb/3d/54eb3dda21d42dbc8d7dff5043ccfbfb.jpg LOL...played nicely. Almost cheered me up.

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 06:26 AM
Watch and wait...Lamar Jackson will be the bane of our existence.

...just like Johnny Manziel...

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 06:37 AM
...just like Johnny Manziel...
Lmao. Yeah, this is hilarious. It will be fun to watch regardless of how he turns out. Flacco is on the clock.

Shawn
04-27-2018, 06:43 AM
...just like Johnny Manziel...Manziel always came with an asterisk...I believe the quote was if he doesn't drink or snort his way out of the league. Johnny had all the talent with a two cent head. Jackson will be a very tough guy to deal with for years to come...and he won't snort or drink his way out of the league.

SteelCrazy
04-27-2018, 06:56 AM
Best QB in the draft? Best running QB by far, but not a franchise QB by any stretch.

Shawn
04-27-2018, 07:11 AM
Best QB in the draft? Best running QB by far, but not a franchise QB by any stretch. Franchise QB is left to be seen obviously. But, Jackson has all the tools to be a thorn in the side of the Steelers for years to come...and not just because of his feet. The guy can throw.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 08:20 AM
Vince Young? LMAO.. Jackson is nothing like Vince Young.. oh wait.

Could it be because...? Nah

and truth be told. While Vince wasn't the best passer he still went 30-17 as a starter. Jeff Fisher is a QB killer. He almost killed Goeff's careere before he was fired

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 08:27 AM
Franchise QB is left to be seen obviously. But, Jackson has all the tools to be a thorn in the side of the Steelers for years to come...and not just because of his feet. The guy can throw.
Heís an inaccurate passer. No worries. Who cares how strong his arm is if he canít hit his target? AKA Michael Vick.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 08:36 AM
Franchise QB is left to be seen obviously. But, Jackson has all the tools to be a thorn in the side of the Steelers for years to come...and not just because of his feet. The guy can throw.

it will be interesting seeing how we defend him. Should be exciting to watch. I envision many frustrating 3rd down conversions.

Captain Lemming
04-27-2018, 09:37 AM
Heís an inaccurate passer. No worries. Who cares how strong his arm is if he canít hit his target? AKA Michael Vick.

Michael Vick WAS a thorn in our side.....as was Tebow.......Butler still runs the same defense.....just sayin. :)

MeetJoeGreene
04-27-2018, 09:37 AM
Two new QBs in AFCN for the Steelers D to feed on......:D]

I think both Mayfield and Jackson have real bust potential. So, I was fairly happy that 2 of our division rivals selected them.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 10:27 AM
Michael Vick WAS a thorn in our side.....as was Tebow.......Butler still runs the same defense.....just sayin. :)

damn.. this is true as hell.

Vick always balled out vs us and Tebow.. no comment.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 10:29 AM

Point taken. :smile:

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 10:30 AM
]

I think both Mayfield and Jackson have real bust potential. So, I was fairly happy that 2 of our division rivals selected them.

I like Mayfield (unfortunately) but definitely about Jackson. I'm trying to find the story about one OC who talked to Jackson and said Jackson has no concepts of offensive scheme and a dangerous lack of understanding defenses. Combine those with inaccuracy and you have a bust on your hands.

Northern_Blitz
04-27-2018, 10:39 AM
it will be interesting seeing how we defend him. Should be exciting to watch. I envision many frustrating 3rd down conversions.

Maybe we shadow him with Edmunds?

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2018, 11:32 AM
The Ravens could have stayed put and landed an elite player like Tremaine Edmunds or Derwin James who both fell into their laps at #16 like manna from heaven, and they could have kept their 2nd round picks in 2018 and 2019. That would have been the smart move.

Instead they got trade happy and ended up with a TE who will turn 25 years old during his rookie training camp and an inaccurate running QB.

Ultimately, when you put all three of their trades together, this is what Baltimore gave up last night:

1.16 (LB Tremaine Edmunds)
2nd round pick in 2019

And this is what Baltimore got back:
1.25 (TE Hayden Hurst)
1.32 (QB Lamar Jackson)

I'd much rather have a mid-first stud (especially when two legit top 10 talents fell into your lap), plus two 2nd round picks and a 4th and a 5th, as opposed to a couple of late first round prospects with flaws (an old TE and an inaccurate running QB) plus a 3rd and a 4th.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 11:35 AM
I bet the OC who said Jackson lacked a basic understanding of defenses works for the Ravens. :)

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 11:54 AM
The Ravens could have stayed put and landed an elite player like Tremaine Edmunds or Derwin James who both fell into their laps at #16 like manna from heaven, and they could have kept their 2nd round picks in 2018 and 2019. That would have been the smart move.

Instead they got trade happy and ended up with a TE who will turn 25 years old during his rookie training camp and an inaccurate running QB.

Ultimately, when you put all three of their trades together, this is what Baltimore gave up last night:

1.16 (LB Tremaine Edmunds)
2nd round pick in 2019

And this is what Baltimore got back:
1.25 (TE Hayden Hurst)
1.32 (QB Lamar Jackson)

I'd much rather have a mid-first stud (especially when two legit top 10 talents fell into your lap), plus two 2nd round picks and a 4th and a 5th, as opposed to a couple of late first round prospects with flaws (an old TE and an inaccurate running QB) plus a 3rd and a 4th.

Thank you Ruth; All the Ravens did was assure themselves of being bottom dwellers for years to come. Browns looked poised to be the second best team in this division; jumping over the Ratbirds and the stripped s*its.

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 11:58 AM
It's funny, because Ozzie Newsome has said in the past that when he drafts, he isn't necessarily looking for a home run...he just wants a double...

Coolie Man
04-27-2018, 12:37 PM
Lamar Jackson = box of rocks

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 01:11 PM
Lamar Jackson = box of rocks

Exactly; but when you shake the box, you think it's full of cookies. LOL

pittpete
04-27-2018, 03:23 PM
Ravens should've took Ridley...Dopes lol

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2018, 03:26 PM
Ravens should've took Ridley...Dopes lol

ravens should have took derwin james when he fell in their lap

glad they didnt

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 03:30 PM
ravens should have took derwin james when he fell in their lap

glad they didnt

That’s what they should have done!!

pittpete
04-27-2018, 03:32 PM
Haha, that too. I was on the phone with my brother hoping they would take the TE...

Shawn
04-27-2018, 06:12 PM
Heís an inaccurate passer. No worries. Who cares how strong his arm is if he canít hit his target? AKA Michael Vick. He isn't an inaccurate passer is the thing. You haven't been paying attention and sticking to your ignorant selling points. He had zero WR help...many many drops. Second, he had no OL...running for his life. The guy has the best arm in the draft and can drop a football in a bucket at 50 yards. IMO, he has more tools than DeShaun Watson by a long shot. Bigger arm, faster feet, and Watson actually didn't progress through his reads as well as Jackson (when he actually had enough time). You speak from a place of ignorance and bias. Lets me be frank...you don't believe "running QBs" aka Black Qbs can have success in the league.

NorthCoast
04-27-2018, 06:15 PM
He isn't an inaccurate passer is the thing. You haven't been paying attention and sticking to your ignorant selling points. He had zero WR help...many many drops. Second, he had no OL...running for his life. The guy has the best arm in the draft and can drop a football in a bucket at 50 yards. IMO, he has more tools than DeShaun Watson by a long shot. Bigger arm, faster feet, and Watson actually didn't progress through his reads as well as Jackson (when he actually had enough time). You speak from a place of ignorance and bias. Lets me be frank...you don't believe "running QBs" aka Black Qbs can have success in the league.Who is he throwing to?

Shawn
04-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Who is he throwing to? True...they need to get him some help.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 06:25 PM
He isn't an inaccurate passer is the thing. You haven't been paying attention and sticking to your ignorant selling points. He had zero WR help...many many drops. Second, he had no OL...running for his life. The guy has the best arm in the draft and can drop a football in a bucket at 50 yards. IMO, he has more tools than DeShaun Watson by a long shot. Bigger arm, faster feet, and Watson actually didn't progress through his reads as well as Jackson (when he actually had enough time). You speak from a place of ignorance and bias. Lets me be frank...you don't believe "running QBs" aka Black Qbs can have success in the league.

Shawn, your the one being ignorant. Everyone knows that behind Josh Allen, Jackson is the most inaccurate passer in this draft. At a 55-56 percent clip. He was down right dominated against good teams every time he faced them. And it wasn't because of a bunch of drops.

I don't believe in running QB's period. From Steve Grogan , to Randall Cunningham to Tim Tebow to Lamar Jackson. They don't win anything.

And your the one being ignorant and throwing out insults because you have NO DATA to back up what you say other then your own prejudice for athletes that pretend to be QB's. I have over 50 years of Super Bowls to show what running QBs win. What do you have????????????????????????

Exactly.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Who is he throwing to?

The same guys he was throwing to when he was putting up all those number against inferior teams. When he played real teams, he got dominated and threw interceptions too. And again, please go google the guy who talked to Jackson and found out Jackson can't understand offensive schemes or defenses. Go pull that story up about Jackson.

Unlike Deshaun Watson who performed against the best defense in college football in Alabama.............twice!!

Shawn
04-27-2018, 06:45 PM
At this point, trying to educate ignorance is an exercise in futility. Lets just leave it as...we will see. Let me just say, against Watson...Jackson had 457 total yards and almost 300 through the air...three TDs and one INT. Watson had 322 yards total offense.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 06:50 PM
At this point, trying to educate ignorance is an exercise in futility. Lets just leave it as...we will see.

Well, you got that part right about educating ignorant people .

Shawn
04-27-2018, 06:54 PM
Well, you got that part right about educating ignorant people . Indeed. I mean even when faced with stats that disprove your stats you stick to dem der people cant play QB.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 07:50 PM
Indeed. I mean even when faced with stats that disprove your stats you stick to dem der people cant play QB.

He has never watched Lamar play one game.

There was a scout who said he would strip naked and walk down the street if Can Newton was a successful QB.

I googled and the “anonymous OC” said Lamar relied on hope when he threw the football.

Thats just comical. IMO it was an OC who was trying to throw dirt on him so Lamar would drop so he could draft him.

If if you aren’t willing to put your name on it it’s nothing more than bull crap.

69 TD’s isn’t hope.

But now that he is a Raven, I HOPE he doesn’t succeed

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2018, 07:56 PM
I googled and the “anonymous OC” said Lamar relied on hope when he threw the football.

Joe Flacco plans to teach Lamar how to rely on hope when throwing the football in Ravens camp this summer. Flacco's M.O. has always been "chuck it deep and pray for P.I."

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Joe Flacco plans to teach Lamar how to rely on hope when throwing the football in Ravens camp this summer. Flacco's M.O. has always been "chuck it deep and pray for P.I."
Haha.. that was Brady’s favorite play last year too.

Shawn
04-27-2018, 08:08 PM
He has never watched Lamar play one game.

There was a scout who said he would strip naked and walk down the street if Can Newton was a successful QB.

Thats just comical. IMO it was an OC who was trying to throw dirt on him so Lamar would drop so he could draft him.

If if you aren’t willing to put your name on it it’s nothing more than bull crap.

69 TD’s isn’t hope.

But now that he is a Raven, I HOPE he doesn’t succeed Yeah, trust me I hope I'm wrong.

pfelix73
04-27-2018, 09:39 PM

In my opinion, (AND I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG ABOUT THAT REDSKINS DRAFT WHERE i SAID THAT COUSINS WAS A BETTER QB THAN RG3) Jackson is just another RG3. A great BIG BUST. That was a stupid move on their part.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 10:38 PM
In my opinion, (AND I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG ABOUT THAT REDSKINS DRAFT WHERE i SAID THAT COUSINS WAS A BETTER QB THAN RG3) Jackson is just another RG3. A great BIG BUST. That was a stupid move on their part.

Thank you.

Captain Lemming
04-28-2018, 12:27 AM
damn.. this is true as hell.

Dude its about time you replied "accurately" to one of my posts. :)

Shoe
04-28-2018, 01:03 AM
Jackson is just another guy who wows with his athletic abiltiy, but falls short in terms of what a QB needs to do. Because like all those guys people compare him to, he is so physically gifted that he will neglect the most important skills of a QB. He doesn't have to learn to anticipate throws, instead waiting to see it (to throw it). Because in the end, he can just scramble and make something happen.

And he doesn't have to sit in the pocket to wait an extra millisecond and take a wallop... he can just dipsy doo, roll away, and do something awesome. But those things don't sustain. And they don't win in the cold months.

feltdizz
04-28-2018, 01:45 AM
Dude its about time you replied "accurately" to one of my posts. :)
First time you were accurate

NorthCoast
04-28-2018, 07:29 AM
Dunno.... but his Wunderlic score has to be an all-time low for an NFL QB. Don't you get like 10 pts just for signing your name?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/wonderlic-test-scores-nfl-draft-lamar-jackson-baker-mayfield-josh-allen-rosen-2018/ybb46fv3x1ex1r4hj3l4j9gtb

feltdizz
04-28-2018, 10:15 AM
Jackson is just another guy who wows with his athletic abiltiy, but falls short in terms of what a QB needs to do. Because like all those guys people compare him to, he is so physically gifted that he will neglect the most important skills of a QB. He doesn't have to learn to anticipate throws, instead waiting to see it (to throw it). Because in the end, he can just scramble and make something happen.

And he doesn't have to sit in the pocket to wait an extra millisecond and take a wallop... he can just dipsy doo, roll away, and do something awesome. But those things don't sustain. And they don't win in the cold months.

same thing was said about Cam Newton.

Truth is, we really don’t know if he will grow or not.

Every QB Lamar is compared to didnt have the passing yardage he had in college.

Shawn
04-28-2018, 11:10 AM
Dunno.... but his Wunderlic score has to be an all-time low for an NFL QB. Don't you get like 10 pts just for signing your name?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/wonderlic-test-scores-nfl-draft-lamar-jackson-baker-mayfield-josh-allen-rosen-2018/ybb46fv3x1ex1r4hj3l4j9gtb Blaine Gabbert scored a 42. Fitzpatrick a 48. Bradshaw scored a 16. Dan Marino a 15. Playing football isn't rocket science. Reading a coverage is actually really easy especially if you've been doing so all your life. I want a guy who has a rocket for an arm...and legs that can scramble. Jackson is the best athlete in this draft, and can become something very special with some grooming.

feltdizz
04-28-2018, 12:08 PM
Blaine Gabbert scored a 42. Fitzpatrick a 48. Bradshaw scored a 16. Dan Marino a 15. Playing football isn't rocket science. Reading a coverage is actually really easy especially if you've been doing so all your life. I want a guy who has a rocket for an arm...and legs that can scramble. Jackson is the best athlete in this draft, and can become something very special with some grooming.

its a silly test IMO. Either you have IT or you don’t.

pfelix73
04-28-2018, 04:04 PM
He isn't an inaccurate passer is the thing. You haven't been paying attention and sticking to your ignorant selling points. He had zero WR help...many many drops. Second, he had no OL...running for his life. The guy has the best arm in the draft and can drop a football in a bucket at 50 yards. IMO, he has more tools than DeShaun Watson by a long shot. Bigger arm, faster feet, and Watson actually didn't progress through his reads as well as Jackson (when he actually had enough time). You speak from a place of ignorance and bias. Lets me be frank...you don't believe "running QBs" aka Black Qbs can have success in the league.

Yep. College is a whole other game. I think history backs me up on this too.

pfelix73
04-28-2018, 04:06 PM
Shawn, your the one being ignorant. Everyone knows that behind Josh Allen, Jackson is the most inaccurate passer in this draft. At a 55-56 percent clip. He was down right dominated against good teams every time he faced them. And it wasn't because of a bunch of drops.

I don't believe in running QB's period. From Steve Grogan , to Randall Cunningham to Tim Tebow to Lamar Jackson. They don't win anything.

And your the one being ignorant and throwing out insults because you have NO DATA to back up what you say other then your own prejudice for athletes that pretend to be QB's. I have over 50 years of Super Bowls to show what running QBs win. What do you have????????????????????????

Exactly.
EXACTLY. What you said- spot on.

feltdizz
04-28-2018, 04:25 PM

Not recent history.

Guys like Russell Wilson, Cam Newton and Deshaun Watson are making you guys look like fools for using these outdated excuses for why they can’t succeed in the pros.

and please spare me on the “how many won SB’s”

As long as your team is competitive and makes the playoffs most years you have a **** to win a SB.

...and being right about RG3? Ok. and what? Most QB’s whether pocket or mobile will fail ok the NFL. If RG3 wasn’t an idiot who demanded a pro offense instead of using his skill set like Cam, Russ and Deshaun.. plus he doesn’t respect the size of defenders and got rocked countless times instead of running out of bounds or sliding. RG3 surprised me because I heard he was pretty smart but his ego was out of control.

Captain Lemming
04-28-2018, 04:41 PM
first time you were accurate

nice! :) :)

Steel Maniac
04-28-2018, 05:14 PM

Go find an in accurate college qb that had a great nfl career.

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2018, 05:34 PM
Go find an in accurate college qb that had a great nfl career.

Brett Favre?

Steel Maniac
04-28-2018, 05:39 PM
Great... okay . Lamar Jackson will be as great as Brett Farve. We all are going to by into that. :rolleyes:
Ruth, I love your tanaciry. :smile:

Steel Maniac
04-28-2018, 05:43 PM
The large majority of college QBs that are inaccurate do not become great nfl QBs. I have absolutely no worries about a qb that can’t read defenses, don’t understand schemes and is inaccurate at passing.

Steel Maniac
04-28-2018, 05:44 PM
The qb position is played 70% above the neck; which also leaves Jackson out.

Shoe
04-28-2018, 06:21 PM
same thing was said about Cam Newton.

Truth is, we really donít know if he will grow or not.

Every QB Lamar is compared to didnt have the passing yardage he had in college.

You're right. And while Newton has become a star, it is much the same way that Mike Vick became one (apologies for listing other brothers, but it is what it is). A lot of the tangible skills that these guys have, don't translate to pro QB success. NFL QBs need some body thickness. This guy is a thin guy. Think of the best QBs today, and of the past. How many have lanky features? You gotta be a burly guy.

But the main thing is that he is inaccurate. No doubt he will make some amazing plays next year and beyond... and BTW, this is a guy I would have been fine with picking below Round 1, but I'm not worried that he is the next Wentz (in terms of impact) or anything.

Steel Maniac
04-28-2018, 06:29 PM
Let me share some irony...

One of mike Vick’s significant injuries was from the Ravens early on in his caeer. He was running and Jamie Sharper caught him; he never saw Sharper.Afterwards, Sharper made a comment about a qb need’s to keep his ass in the pocket.

Now years later , they drafted Michael Vick 2.0 and he too will venture out the pocket and not see everything and get his bell rung too. If not worse. Oh how the mighty have fallen with the Ravens. Lol

feltdizz
04-28-2018, 07:37 PM
You're right. And while Newton has become a star, it is much the same way that Mike Vick became one (apologies for listing other brothers, but it is what it is). A lot of the tangible skills that these guys have, don't translate to pro QB success. NFL QBs need some body thickness. This guy is a thin guy. Think of the best QBs today, and of the past. How many have lanky features? You gotta be a burly guy.

But the main thing is that he is inaccurate. No doubt he will make some amazing plays next year and beyond... and BTW, this is a guy I would have been fine with picking below Round 1, but I'm not worried that he is the next Wentz (in terms of impact) or anything.

He isnít starting next year so he will have time to grow before he takes over.

Cam Newton isnít a Mike Vick at all. While he made some plays with his legs he was a much better passer his rookie year than just about any other rookie QB.

Cam had 21 TDís and an 85 passer rating his rookie year.

He broke Peytonís record for most passing yards as a rookie QB.

Broke the record for most yards by a rookie in his first game. 422 yards.

He also has the most passing yards in the first 2 games as a rookie.

Carson Wentzís rookie year wasnít as good as Cams either.

This is why itís not a good idea to compare QBís just because they are black and mobile.

feltdizz
04-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Randall Cunningham’s knee was shredded in the pocket when they tried to make him a pocket passer.

Carson Wentz gets praised all the time and how did he get injured? Does this make him a mobile QB?

QB’s get injured a variety of ways.

pfelix73
04-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Not recent history.

Guys like Russell Wilson, Cam Newton and Deshaun Watson are making you guys look like fools for using these outdated excuses for why they canít succeed in the pros.

and please spare me on the ďhow many won SBísĒ

As long as your team is competitive and makes the playoffs most years you have a **** to win a SB.

...and being right about RG3? Ok. and what? Most QBís whether pocket or mobile will fail ok the NFL. If RG3 wasnít an idiot who demanded a pro offense instead of using his skill set like Cam, Russ and Deshaun.. plus he doesnít respect the size of defenders and got rocked countless times instead of running out of bounds or sliding. RG3 surprised me because I heard he was pretty smart but his ego was out of control.

Well, I'm NOT going to spare you the SB wins argument, as that is what its all about, isn't it? Watson? We shall see...

feltdizz
04-28-2018, 10:07 PM
Well, I'm NOT going to spare you the SB wins argument, as that is what its all about, isn't it? Watson? We shall see...

actually, I don’t think that’s what it’s all about.

Getting the the playoffs offs for a chance to win a SB is what it’s all about.

There are so many pocket QB’s that never sniff the playoffs let alone a SB appearance or a ring.

I can’t see how folks think there is only one way to win a SB when we recently watched Russel Wilson win a SB, come within one play of another SB the next year and Cam made a SB and was the MVP in 2015...

oh, and Kapernick also made a SB in 2013.

IMO its about having a chance to win a SB and we have seen mobile QB’s play well enough to have a shot at a SB win.

I cant see how folks swear it’s not possible when the evidence is right in front of our face that it is possible with these newer mobile QB’s who can also pass the ball.

Shawn
04-29-2018, 12:39 AM
actually, I don’t think that’s what it’s all about.

Getting the the playoffs offs for a chance to win a SB is what it’s all about.

There are so many pocket QB’s that never sniff the playoffs let alone a SB appearance or a ring.

I can’t see how folks think there is only one way to win a SB when we recently watched Russel Wilson win a SB, come within one play of another SB the next year and Cam made a SB and was the MVP in 2015...

IMO its about having a chance to win a SB and we have seen mobile QB’s play well enough to have a shot at a SB win.

I cant see how folks swear it’s not possible when the evidence is right in front of our face that it is possible with these newer mobile QB’s who can also pass the ball. They don't want to see it. The fact is this...mobile QBs...Prescott, Watson, Wilson etc are becoming more and more relevant. When you see a skill set like Jacksons...and you just dismiss it...it's ignorance. It means you haven't pulled up the film and watched the guy. I was speaking with my UL fan buddy tonight and he is a Bengals fan. He dreads facing Jackson twice a year. He knows his football. Odds are against any QB becoming a franchise QB. People play the odds with their predictions. With that said, I believe Jackson is going to be a pain in our a$$ at bare minimum...and has the ceiling to be elite.

Steel Maniac
04-29-2018, 01:07 AM
You guys are confusing yourselves...

Listen very closely...

There are running qb’s..and QBs that can run. They are not the same. Feltz foolish manifesto is proof of that.

Ernie
04-29-2018, 07:39 AM
actually, I donít think thatís what itís all about.

Getting the the playoffs offs for a chance to win a SB is what itís all about.

There are so many pocket QBís that never sniff the playoffs let alone a SB appearance or a ring.

I canít see how folks think there is only one way to win a SB when we recently watched Russel Wilson win a SB, come within one play of another SB the next year and Cam made a SB and was the MVP in 2015...

IMO its about having a chance to win a SB and we have seen mobile QBís play well enough to have a shot at a SB win.

I cant see how folks swear itís not possible when the evidence is right in front of our face that it is possible with these newer mobile QBís who can also pass the ball.

Need to point out one slight variation... the mobile QBs who are successful should be known as "Passers who are also mobile". Those QB's who's top skill is running... (with a lesser skill of passing) usually don't stick around very long.

feltdizz
04-29-2018, 08:20 AM
Need to point out one slight variation... the mobile QBs who are successful should be known as "Passers who are also mobile". Those QB's who's top skill is running... (with a lesser skill of passing) usually don't stick around very long.

i agree. However, we are talking about Lamar Jackson right?

He has over 3500 yards passing each of his past two college seasons.

He isnt primarily a runner AND he faced the most top ten pass defense (7) of all the QB’s in this draft over his college career.

I think he will I’ll be more Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson than Vince Young.

One other fun fact. Bill Billicheat said Watson and Cam Newton are a pain in his side when it comes to preparing for them due to all the things they can do.

Cam cam has been pretty successful vs the Pats. (2-0)

Ernie
04-29-2018, 08:28 AM
i agree. However, we are talking about Lamar Jackson right?

He has over 3500 yards passing each of his past two college seasons.

He isnt primarily a runner AND he faced the most top ten pass defense (7) of all the QBís in this draft over his college career.

I think he will Iíll be more Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson than Vince Young.

One other fun fact. Bill Billicheat said Watson and Cam Newton are a pain in his side when it comes to preparing for them due to all the things they can do.

Cam cam has been pretty successful vs the Pats. (2-0)

I was making a generalization. Don't know much about Lamar Jackson. Your analysis of him may very well be on point. If that's the case, he may very well be a pain in our a$$ for years to come lol.

Ernie
04-29-2018, 08:30 AM
The last few posts mentioned several QBs... including Kapernick. I see Kap as one of those guys who was primarily a runner. Sure, he had his 15 minutes of fame. It was short lived, though.

feltdizz
04-29-2018, 09:17 AM
The last few posts mentioned several QBs... including Kapernick. I see Kap as one of those guys who was primarily a runner. Sure, he had his 15 minutes of fame. It was short lived, though.

Looking at Kaeps stats his last year before he was benched he wasn’t that bad.

He had 16 TD’s and just 4 INT’s in 11 starts.

SF fell off a cliff because Harbaugh lost the team and SF management is weird as hell.

We know now the rest but IMO if Kaep put his politics on hold he could still play in the NFL. It’s not due to his skill level.

Ernie
04-29-2018, 10:25 AM
Looking at Kaeps stats his last year before he was benched he wasnít that bad.

He had 16 TDís and just 4 INTís in 11 starts.

SF fell off a cliff because Harbaugh lost the team and SF management is weird as hell.

We know now the rest but IMO if Kaep put his politics on hold he could still play in the NFL. Itís not due to his skill level.

Here's a good article for you on Kaepernick:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794912/printable/value-of-colin-kaepernicks-activism-aside-qb-skills-are-suspect

feltdizz
04-29-2018, 11:52 AM
Here's a good article for you on Kaepernick:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794912/printable/value-of-colin-kaepernicks-activism-aside-qb-skills-are-suspect

thats actually a terrible article. Referencing Spike Lee and Trump in the first few paragraphs? Huh?

Anyway, I totally forgot about Chip Kelly being his coach. That dude was awful. The OL and DL was awful. Chip Jelly’s offense was called predictable and bland by most DC’s. Players were calling out Chip Kelly’s plays by the way his teams lined up.

Ernie
04-29-2018, 11:57 AM
I'm going to cut and paste a few paragraphs for you to reconsider:

What does the game film show?
It would be disingenuous to take the position that Kaepernick is not a uniquely talented quarterback. He's an incredibly gifted athlete with Superhero-like physical attributes that infamously led ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski to predict all-time greatness in the halcyon days of the 2013 read-option craze.
A cannon arm should grant Kaepernick the ability to make all of the NFL throws. With each passing season, though, it becomes more and more obvious that Kaepernick is a limited passer lacking the requisite touch, accuracy, anticipation and situational awareness of a franchise quarterback. By Thanksgiving of last season, all throws to wide receivers outside the numbers and downfield had vanished from the 49ers offense -- an ostensible concession from then-coach Chip Kelly that Kaepernick simply can't make those all-important throws with any degree of consistency.
As impressive as Kaepernick's 16:4 touchdown-to-interception ratio might seem without context, it reflects a remedial signal-caller being asked to make the simplest reads and easiest throws. A quintessential "see-it, throw-it" passer, Kaepernick waits for his targets to separate from coverage rather than anticipating the route and throwing his receivers open. As a natural byproduct of that playing style, third downs devolved into a wasteland of drive-killing sacks and ineffectual passes short of the sticks
Over the past three years, Kaepernick has ranked 30th, 34th and 29th in Football Outsiders' passing efficiency metrics -- and just fractionally better in Gregg Rosenthal's QB Index.

Slapstick
04-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Ooo...Football Outsiders....

Ernie
04-29-2018, 12:01 PM
thats actually a terrible article. Referencing Spike Lee and Trump in the first few paragraphs? Huh?

Anyway, I totally forgot about Chip Kelly being his coach. That dude was awful. The OL and DL was awful. Chip Jelly’s offense was called predictable and bland by most DC’s. Players were calling out Chip Kelly’s plays by the way his teams lined up.

My guess is this is because they had to "Dumb down" the playbook... develop plays that Kaep could actually make. His forte was running the Spread Option...which, in itself... it not something that's going to keep a guy around very long.

Slapstick
04-29-2018, 12:02 PM
My guess is this is because they had to "Dumb down" the playbook... develop plays that Kaep could actually make. His forte was running the Spread Option...which, in itself... it not something that's going to keep a guy around very long.

That wasn’t Kaepernick...that was Kelly’s entire offense...

Ernie
04-29-2018, 12:03 PM

Uh oh... Slappy to the rescue lol. Lets face it guys.. Kaep was damned near last in the league in passer efficiency 3 of the last years he was in the league. The political baggage he brings is just icing on the cake.

Ernie
04-29-2018, 12:04 PM
That wasn’t Kaepernick...that was Kelly’s entire offense...

I guess the 31 other teams who refuse to sign him... are also wrong.

Ernie
04-29-2018, 12:05 PM

You question the source... what specifically do you not agree with? Was the passer efficiency wrong? lol

Slapstick
04-29-2018, 12:08 PM
You question the source... what specifically do you not agree with? Was the passer efficiency wrong? lol

The dude was good enough to lead his team to a SB...Chip Kelly’s offense failed in Philly, too...

Ernie
04-29-2018, 12:08 PM

While you boys are busy "Word-smithing"... I'm going to go back to my original quote. Kap was primarily a runner. Im not going to spend the day arguing over BS. Too much to do. You boys have a good day.

Slapstick
04-29-2018, 12:17 PM
Don’t be afraid to debate!

Captain Lemming
04-29-2018, 12:18 PM
I was making a generalization. Don't know much about Lamar Jackson. Your analysis of him may very well be on point. If that's the case, he may very well be a pain in our a$$ for years to come lol.

I repeat as I said earlier. Nevermind "overall" success. I dont want the next Mike Vick as Steeler QB either. BUT......
"Running QBs" even as narrowly defined as you state have ALWAYS been a pain for OUR defense.
I think it is because we rely so much on situational lineups.

For evample, when we fear a running QB we are caught overcompensating for his ability to run and they have career passing games versus us.
Our pass rush is more basic and tentative, we fear opening up lanes if a blitzer misses etc.
Our DBs are caught off guard "peeking"into the backfield.

Yes, we have Butler now but we still rely so much on situational substitutions.

If a running QB passes regularly on run downs, we have no answer.
Heck it would be worse now because if we are forced to respect the pass, our run defense is far more suspect than in years past.

I DONT like a skilled running QB in our division at all.

Captain Lemming
04-29-2018, 12:49 PM
Interesting stat. Mike Vick threw for more TDs against the Steelers in only FOUR GAMES (rare NFC foe) than he threw versus all but two other NFL teams (Cowboys and Redskins who were in his division when he was with Philly).

He threw more TDs versus us than versus ANY other team including other teams his own conference and even divisions who he played far more frequently.

With the possible exception of the Redskins, he passed more effectively versus us than any other team during a time when we had an elite pass defense.

Captain Lemming
04-29-2018, 01:00 PM
Interesting stat. Mike Vick threw for more TDs against the Steelers in only FOUR GAMES (rare NFC foe) than he threw versus all but two other NFL teams (Cowboys and Redskins who were in his division when he was with Philly).

He threw more TDs versus us than versus ANY other team including other teams his own conference and even divisions who he played far more frequently.

Tim Tebow had the most passing yards, most total run/pass yards, and accounted for more touchdowns during the one game he played versus us than any other game in his career.
BTW, we led the league in pass defense and total defense that year.
TIM stinkin TEBOW.......the only QB to pass for 300 yards on us all season.

We beat Brady (who went to the SB) and held him to under 200 yards that same season.

Captain Lemming
04-29-2018, 01:08 PM
Don’t be afraid to debate!

Another one might just block you man. :)

Slapstick
04-29-2018, 01:10 PM
Another one might just block you man. :)

Whatever will I do? :lol:

Captain Lemming
04-29-2018, 10:52 PM
Whatever will I do? :lol:

You would deserve it you are such a meanie!!!

feltdizz
04-30-2018, 12:02 AM
I'm going to cut and paste a few paragraphs for you to reconsider:

What does the game film show?
It would be disingenuous to take the position that Kaepernick is not a uniquely talented quarterback. He's an incredibly gifted athlete with Superhero-like physical attributes that infamously led ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski to predict all-time greatness in the halcyon days of the 2013 read-option craze.
A cannon arm should grant Kaepernick the ability to make all of the NFL throws. With each passing season, though, it becomes more and more obvious that Kaepernick is a limited passer lacking the requisite touch, accuracy, anticipation and situational awareness of a franchise quarterback. By Thanksgiving of last season, all throws to wide receivers outside the numbers and downfield had vanished from the 49ers offense -- an ostensible concession from then-coach Chip Kelly that Kaepernick simply can't make those all-important throws with any degree of consistency.
As impressive as Kaepernick's 16:4 touchdown-to-interception ratio might seem without context, it reflects a remedial signal-caller being asked to make the simplest reads and easiest throws. A quintessential "see-it, throw-it" passer, Kaepernick waits for his targets to separate from coverage rather than anticipating the route and throwing his receivers open. As a natural byproduct of that playing style, third downs devolved into a wasteland of drive-killing sacks and ineffectual passes short of the sticks
Over the past three years, Kaepernick has ranked 30th, 34th and 29th in Football Outsiders' passing efficiency metrics -- and just fractionally better in Gregg Rosenthal's QB Index.

Its definitely possible Kaep didnít have what it takes. However, that franchise also went from first to worst in 3 years and imo the FO is to blame. They lost a ton of talent and fired Harbaugh and hired who? Then Chip Kelly came thru and proved he wasnít fit for the pros.