PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Edmunds???

Shawn
04-26-2018, 11:20 PM
Are you F%^king serious?

Oviedo
04-26-2018, 11:21 PM
Are you F%^king serious?

Great player. You are going to be surprised how soon and how much he contributes. I liked him better than Reid

Donnieboy
04-26-2018, 11:23 PM
I like him however let's be clear here, Burnett and Davis are the starters next year. How does Edmunds get the Steelers over the hump this coming season?

Donnieboy
04-26-2018, 11:25 PM
Great player. You are going to be surprised how soon and how much he contributes. I liked him better than Reid

Sorry he won't see much of the field next year. Burnett and Davis are ahead of him.

Slapstick
04-26-2018, 11:26 PM
I like him however let's be clear here, Burnett and Davis are the starters next year. How does Edmunds get the Steelers over the hump this coming season?

The Steelers play 60% of the time in a sub package defense...I could see them playing more dime with Hilton and Edmunds...

Oviedo
04-26-2018, 11:27 PM
The Steelers play 60% of the time in a sub package defense...I could see them playing more dime with Hilton and Edmunds...

Yep. Not just base defense. Edmunds will be on the field

NorthCoast
04-26-2018, 11:28 PM
Sorry he won't see much of the field next year. Burnett and Davis are ahead of him.May I remind you that Burnett has only had 2 complete seasons in the 8 that he has played.... very likely the backups will play this season.

Starlifter
04-26-2018, 11:28 PM
this is why I don't waste time doing mocks. the steelers have always marched to their own music. I'm happy with a Safety and Colbert hits far more often than he misses. Time will tell!

SS Laser
04-26-2018, 11:29 PM
I thought it would be a shocking pick but by position not the player. Will see how this one works out.

SteelBucks
04-26-2018, 11:29 PM
He’ll play in the nickel/dime. We may have someone that can finally cover a TE.

Steel Maniac
04-26-2018, 11:35 PM
this is why I don't waste time doing mocks. the steelers have always marched to their own music. I'm happy with a Safety and Colbert hits far more often than he misses. Time will tell!

Since Troy retired, who has Colbert hit on in the draft in regards to the secondary?

Shawn
04-26-2018, 11:38 PM
Since Troy retired, who has Colbert hit on in the draft in regards to the secondary? None.........

squidkid
04-26-2018, 11:45 PM

was he BPA?

pittpete
04-26-2018, 11:46 PM
Actually Colbert just said it was more like 70%...
Guess we have to wait and see how it turns out but this kid comes from great genes.

Ernie
04-26-2018, 11:48 PM
Im okay with the position pick.. hope to learn more about the player

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2018, 11:51 PM
was he BPA?

BPA was either OLB Harold Landry or OG Will Hernandez. Both could be considered BPA at a position of need, since Bud Dupree's 5th year option for 2019 could still be pulled if he doesn't progress significantly in 2018 (and you can never have too many pass rushers), and our current LG Ramon Foster is 32 years old and entering the final year of his contract.

phillyesq
04-26-2018, 11:52 PM
This seems like a total boom or bust pick. I love his athleticism. But he also seems a bit raw. Reminds me of Bud Dupree at safety in that he's a guy who looks the part but isn't refined.

I'm fine with the Steelers not taking Reid or Bates - neither guy really excited me.

Shawn
04-26-2018, 11:52 PM
Landry or Jackson were the clear picks.

Shawn
04-26-2018, 11:53 PM
This seems like a total boom or bust pick. I love his athleticism. But he also seems a bit raw. Reminds me of Bud Dupree at safety in that he's a guy who looks the part but isn't refined.

I'm fine with the Steelers not taking Reid or Bates - neither guy really excited me. Actually he reminds me of our secondary pick last year.

squidkid
04-26-2018, 11:53 PM
picked a round or 2 early by most draft sites.
even if he turns out to be good, it looks like he could have been had much later.

squidkid
04-26-2018, 11:54 PM

I'm fine with the Steelers not taking Reid or Bates - neither guy really excited me.

yup, reid and bates are day 2 guys also

squidkid
04-26-2018, 11:55 PM
BPA was either OLB Harold Landry or OG Will Hernandez. Both could be considered BPA at a position of need, since Bud Dupree's 5th year option for 2019 could still be pulled if he doesn't progress significantly in 2018 (and you can never have too many pass rushers), and our current LG Ramon Foster is 32 years old and entering the final year of his contract.

we can put this 'steelers draft BPA or BPA in an area of need ' to bed now.........

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2018, 12:01 AM
we can put this 'steelers draft BPA or BPA in an area of need ' to bed now.........

Does this mean you'll shut up about it now? Certainly not.

And by the way, where are all of the posters automatically proclaiming our pick the steal of the draft, future All Pro, etc.? You claim that the majority of the posters on this site do that with every pick we make.

squidkid
04-27-2018, 12:05 AM
Does this mean you'll shut up about it now? Certainly not.

And by the way, where are all of the posters automatically proclaiming our pick the steal of the draft, future All Pro, etc.? You claim that the majority of the posters on this site do that with every pick we make.

lol..............i got you guys to stfu about 'steals of the draft' now it looks like im getting you to stfu about 'how great every pick is' and as a bonus, the stfu about 'steelers always drafting BPA.................
my day 1 draft grade is an A+++++

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 12:22 AM
was he BPA?

He was on Colbert’s board

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 12:24 AM

Clearly they took best player available in a need area based on Colbert’s board.

squidkid
04-27-2018, 12:36 AM
Clearly they took best player available in a need area based on Colbert’s board.

lol.............there it is

Prowler
04-27-2018, 12:36 AM
Edmunds was a horrible pick, IMO. We reached and ended up with a 3rd rounder in the first. The one positive is he can't be any worse than Mike Mitchell or can he? With our crappy track record for drafting players in the secondary this pick has bust written all over it. Hopefully this in the box Safety can at least cover a TE like the scouting reports claim. Other than that I can't possibly see how this pick gets us closer to the SB, sadly.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 12:46 AM
Edmunds was a horrible pick, IMO. We reached and ended up with a 3rd rounder in the first. The one positive is he can't be any worse than Mike Mitchell or can he? With our crappy track record for drafting players in the secondary this pick has bust written all over it. Hopefully this in the box Safety can at least cover a TE like the scouting reports claim. Other than that I can't possibly see how this pick gets us closer to the SB, sadly.

I know how you feel. But we are going to have to give him a wait & see approach.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2018, 12:48 AM
i don't think it's a terrible pick, however it is a reach

would have preferred Landry at that spot for sure but Edmunds has alot of upside

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I was thinking Guice and then Landry at that point but we are gonna have to wait and see.

The Man of Steel
04-27-2018, 05:05 AM
Man. I really hate this pick.

Sager
04-27-2018, 05:37 AM
I love it. I bet he contributes to the team this year as well. Think Deone Bucannon in Arizona. Just like Bucannon's situation, he's not going to trump any of the safeties already on the roster. But instead he will be used in the money linebacker role in nickel and dime situations. And THAT is the biggest weakness in the team right now: having that linebacker who can be used in pass coverage to cover TEs or pass-catching RBs, amd still be responsible up in the box.

Bottom line, all the LBs we were hoping for gone before we picked. But Terrell can still be that $ linebacker which is what we really needed anyway. Think of it- Bostic/Vincenzo will still play the base 3-4 ILBs to stop the run, but on those nickel and dime plays Edmunds will switch in with one of them in the $LB role and help us have a pass coverage linebacker too. And in a few years he can take over for Burnett at SS when we get an everything ILB again (Shazier?).

I give this an A grade Cotton.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 06:19 AM
Why was he at the draft if he was projected as a 3rd rounder?

Ernie
04-27-2018, 06:22 AM

I saw projections of a late 1st-3rd.

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 06:24 AM
Clearly, CLEARLY, this was the steal of the draft. He was OBVIOUSLY the Best Player Available AND at a position of need. Sports writers should just put his name down now on all of their All-Pro ballots for the next decade. Also, on his way to Pittsburgh, he should have a brief layover at CAK so that he can be measured for his gold jacket before the team introduces him.

Or...

Like the sensible people most of us are, we could see how he plays for the Steelers...

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 06:24 AM

That’s what I saw as well...

Ernie
04-27-2018, 06:27 AM
Just saw where Edmunds was ranked as the #4 Safety in the draft (Walterfootball). Only safety ranked ahead of him that was not off the board when the Steelers picked was Harrison. Perhaps Edmunds is a better fit for us scheme wise...and is a better character guy then Harrison. Based on the rankings... I'm fine with the pick. Hopefully we will land a 2nd round talent with one of our 2-3rd round picks to make up for it.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 06:32 AM

Thanks. I don’t know anything about him. Hopefully he can contribute this year in sub packages. VTech usually has ball hawking secondary players.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 06:34 AM
Clearly, CLEARLY, this was the steal of the draft. He was OBVIOUSLY the Best Player Available AND at a position of need. Sports writers should just put his name down now on all of their All-Pro ballots for the next decade. Also, on his way to Pittsburgh, he should have a brief layover at CAK so that he can be measured for his gold jacket before the team introduces him.

Or...

Like the sensible people most of us are, we could see how he plays for the Steelers...

Damn slap. Why did you 8 mile Squid like that?

Shawn
04-27-2018, 06:47 AM
I love it. I bet he contributes to the team this year as well. Think Deone Bucannon in Arizona. Just like Bucannon's situation, he's not going to trump any of the safeties already on the roster. But instead he will be used in the money linebacker role in nickel and dime situations. And THAT is the biggest weakness in the team right now: having that linebacker who can be used in pass coverage to cover TEs or pass-catching RBs, amd still be responsible up in the box.

Bottom line, all the LBs we were hoping for gone before we picked. But Terrell can still be that $ linebacker which is what we really needed anyway. Think of it- Bostic/Vincenzo will still play the base 3-4 ILBs to stop the run, but on those nickel and dime plays Edmunds will switch in with one of them in the $LB role and help us have a pass coverage linebacker too. And in a few years he can take over for Burnett at SS when we get an everything ILB again (Shazier?).

I give this an A grade Cotton.

The pick is growing on me. Honestly, I didn't know a ton about the guy. I knew he had a late second, early third round grade by most scouts. But, reading about his possible role means he sees the field early. He's physical, twitchy, and can play multiple positions. A Steelers type pick.

Iron City Inc.
04-27-2018, 07:03 AM
The pick is growing on me. Honestly, I didn't know a ton about the guy. I knew he had a late second, early third round grade by most scouts. But, reading about his possible role means he sees the field early. He's physical, twitchy, and can play multiple positions. A Steelers type pick.

Off the ledge now. That is good because we need you frosty for the rest of the draft. Heck it's only round 1 in the books. Besides I like Griffin n Scarborough in your sig a lot so things may end up excellent overall. I have to admit I wasn't feeling good myself after the Bryant trade but the trade was probably for the best.

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 07:04 AM
It was reported that some NFL scouts loved Edmunds...It would seem that Colbert was one of them...

Ghost
04-27-2018, 07:09 AM
I think this kid gets on the field a lot more than people expect. You'll see him out there with 3 safeties on the field a lot - Edmunds, Davis, and the newly signed Burnett. VA Tech used this kid in both safety positions, as a linebacker and was fast/good enough to play scout team corner. 4.47 in the 40. Dad played in the NFL. Brother is a RB for the Saints. And of course his other brother just got drafted. He's got a lot of football knowledge and understanding of what it takes (kind of like Watt) to make it.

Here's some highlights (in one he strips the ball carrier and causes a fumble so he's already better than Dupree)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjdJg6iVpnM

Shawn
04-27-2018, 07:15 AM
Off the ledge now. That is good because we need you frosty for the rest of the draft. Heck it's only round 1 in the books. Besides I like Griffin n Scarborough in your sig a lot so things may end up excellent overall. I have to admit I wasn't feeling good myself after the Bryant trade but the trade was probably for the best. lol...yeah I'm off the ledge. I read the Steelers thoughts on Edmunds and how they plan on using him. I pulled up some film and felt better. I'm still not crazy about the pick, but with Evans off the board...going with a safety who can play multiple positions including ILB in pass situations makes much sense.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-27-2018, 07:34 AM
They like to run their Big Nickel a lot..3 safeties. They feel Edmunds is the most physical S remaining to balance with coverage. Best Fit. I would agree with that on remaining S.

I had him in 2nd because I did some homework. Reid was good at both but box wasn't that high. Harrison very good in box coverage needed work. Bates very good coverage good open field tackler but would struggle close to LOS. I think Edmonds balances out best at all. His youth, size, & athleticism gives him high ceiling. Not surprised position or player...Just graded higher to Steelers than I thought. Interviews & workouts always can have impact on that & we don't have that info. Same exact scenario I had on Watt last year...That looks to be doing ok.

Sword
04-27-2018, 07:42 AM
Solid and a safe pick... we need major help in Defense...this will help...

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 07:52 AM
Off the ledge now. That is good because we need you frosty for the rest of the draft. Heck it's only round 1 in the books. Besides I like Griffin n Scarborough in your sig a lot so things may end up excellent overall. I have to admit I wasn't feeling good myself after the Bryant trade but the trade was probably for the best.

The trading of Bryant was a totally good move. Look, only so many guys can touch the ball. When juju made this team, you knew then that Bryant wasn’t long term. So why let him walk for nothing?
Remember also, Eli Rogers is going to also be brought back and he’s right on schedule from his injury.

We are going to do damage in that third round; that’s where the success of our draft will be determined.

Steelerphile
04-27-2018, 08:05 AM
I think the pick clearly addresses a great need. They need speed, toughness and athleticism in the safety position. Up the middle so to speak. Can address the deficiencies, sometimes exposed, particularly by Jacksonville. As for the belief that he was overdrafted, I think you have to take into consideration that he came out as a junior after playing an injury-plagued season. Had he been fully healthy, he may have been rated one of the best safeties.

I hate to allude to any of 'Kid's" jargon such as "steal of the draft", but that is one way to get a better player than their draft projected position. By taking a tremendous athlete, with high character, and great bloodlines when they are competing with an injury, which would suppress their production. I think they got Heath Miller later than he would have been drafted because of his sports hernia. I think perhaps Cam Sutton dropped because he competed his senior year with an injury. There may be some other good examples.

So, me I feel good about the pick. His combine was super. I like the things he says in interviews. Time will tell of course.

Oviedo
04-27-2018, 08:21 AM
It's so funny to read posts from some guys killing Edmunds before we see him play a down and they are the same ones who made excuses for Jarvis Jones for four years.

Edmunds will be very good and could be pushing Davis before the end of the season

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 08:24 AM
lol...yeah I'm off the ledge. I read the Steelers thoughts on Edmunds and how they plan on using him. I pulled up some film and felt better. I'm still not crazy about the pick, but with Evans off the board...going with a safety who can play multiple positions including ILB in pass situations makes much sense.

Yeah, we can see the logic in the thinking of management ; but what bothers people is that the common perception is that he could have been gotten in round 2 or 3. I will say that to have taken this guy where they took him most likely indicates they did a lot of film study on this one particular player; a lot. So you’ve got to feel good about the due diligence applied. We all want Edmonds to be successful.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 08:37 AM
It's so funny to read posts from some guys killing Edmunds before we see him play a down and they are the same ones who made excuses for Jarvis Jones for four years.

Edmunds will be very good and could be pushing Davis before the end of the season

it's what we/they do after a draft pick.

so many people say he was a 3rd rounder but he was at the draft for a reason. Some folks just can't handle seeing a guy picked that wasn't on their radar

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 08:40 AM

Now you’re making stuff up...something is the water on PlanetSteelers...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-27-2018, 08:43 AM

His brother Tremaine was a top prospect and drafted 16th by the Bills.

SteelBucks
04-27-2018, 08:44 AM
My only problem with the pick is I feel they “reached” for him. I thought he could have been had in the second round. Heck Edmunds himself was even surprised he got selected in the first round.

It’s nice they have three picks on Friday. See where they go from here.

Northern_Blitz
04-27-2018, 08:51 AM
lol...yeah I'm off the ledge. I read the Steelers thoughts on Edmunds and how they plan on using him. I pulled up some film and felt better. I'm still not crazy about the pick, but with Evans off the board...going with a safety who can play multiple positions including ILB in pass situations makes much sense.

+1

I don't follow college at all, but after the pick it sounds like Edmunds is a guy who might be able to cover receiving TEs in sub packages this year.

I would be nice if we had someone on the roster who could at least slow Gronk down a bit.

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 08:53 AM
My only problem with the pick is I feel they “reached” for him. I thought he could have been had in the second round. Heck Edmunds himself was even surprised he got selected in the first round.

It’s nice they have three picks on Friday. See where they go from here.

Edmunds was in the green room in Dallas waiting to come out on stage...how could he have been surprised?

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2018, 08:55 AM
because his brother was a projected top 15 pick

this pick was a reach, there's really no debating that

SteelBucks
04-27-2018, 09:07 AM
Edmunds was in the green room in Dallas waiting to come out on stage...how could he have been surprised?

They interviewed him after. He thought he was going to be a Day 2 pick.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 09:10 AM
because his brother was a projected top 15 pick

this pick was a reach, there's really no debating that

Well, we can only hope Colbert & Tomlin know what there doing .

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 09:10 AM
They interviewed him after. He thought he was going to be a Day 2 pick.

Boom........

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2018, 09:12 AM
Well, we can only hope Colbert & Tomlin know what there doing .

if the coaches can develop his skillset, he could turn into a really nice player

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 09:12 AM
and so he just lucked up and got drafted by us?

I think we picked him for for a reason and we shall see if it was a reach.

I didnt watch VTech much last year but they are notorious for having DB’s with sticky hands who are great tacklers.

I think he sees the field day 1 and hopefully he will be a good ball hawking safety.

I remember people were furious at the JuJu pick and he was the steal of the draft. We won’t know until he sees the field. It’s weird to call someone a reach this early.

squidkid
04-27-2018, 09:15 AM
Boom........

that guy isnt credible. he says those things just to get clicks..........

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Man, if you had given me 10 guesses when they were on the clock I would not have come close. The most I knew about him before I read the pick was that he was Tremaine's brother. I also wasn't overly fond of the position pick as I feel that unless they've lost faith in Davis (who did take a step backwards in his sophomore season) that two starting safeties are in place for the next 2-3 years. However, I always defer to the people whose job it is to evaluate the talent, meet them in person, personally work them out, and see how they would fit into their system. BTW That rule does not apply to the Browns who will always mess up the easiest two foot putt.

Using my past observations, this is what I think after looking online a bit...

1) For at least the last three years, the Steelers have gone out of their way to draft high character men who love football. Everything I read about Edmunds is that he is a great kid who grew up in a football family.

2) The Steelers find players who they love and are not willing to risk losing them. Even if they thought that conventional wisdom is that 1-28 is a reach, it would only take one out of 31 other teams to see what they saw and pick him before the Steelers second round pick, or move up to get him before the Steelers did. They would rather risk pundits thinking that they are reaching for a guy who they think will be great than risk getting scooped.

3) Especially on D, they love speed, athleticism, and position flexibility. This guy is a SS, FS, and sub package safety. However, I think most importantly to them, he is a third down hybrid ILB who can both support the run and the pass.

All three of these points I've made many times around the draft. I always take a wait-and-see approach rather than believing that my very amateur opinion comes close to the inside knowledge of the FO. That being said, my gut feeling on what the team is thinking on this pick is:

4) The Steelers matched up very well with the Pats last season until Gronk stepped it up and dominated the Steelers secondary - particularly Davis. I think that the Steelers see his size, speed, and fluid athleticism, and believe that he is who they can use to match up with Gronk. TE is a position that is evolving in the NFL as many teams are looking for an offensive weapon at the position. I think the team plans to use Edmunds as a TE stopper. Hope it works!!

Captain Lemming
04-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Yeah, we can see the logic in the thinking of management ; but what bothers people is that the common perception is that he could have been gotten in round 2 or 3. I will say that to have taken this guy where they took him most likely indicates they did a lot of film study on this one particular player; a lot. So you’ve got to feel good about the due diligence applied. We all want Edmonds to be successful.

Correct.
Fact is the "projection" was wrong. If the Steelers thought him to be a late 1st round talent we have no idea if the were alone in that assessment do we?

We don't know he would be available later.

We get bent because of how pseudo experts slot people. For all we know he could we have been the next safety picked anyway had we passed.

MeetJoeGreene
04-27-2018, 09:38 AM
apparently we did try to trade up to get evans for AL, but couldn't make it work.

squidkid
04-27-2018, 09:43 AM
this is going to work out perfect for some and terrible for others.(as in who is right on their evaluation)
the steelers took a player in the first round that was labeled a second or third rounder by a vast majority of teams and draft gurus.
so, in a couple years(or less) they will either be geniuses or fools...............there will be gray area on this pick

steelerkeylargo
04-27-2018, 10:01 AM
Two things I will say about this pick. 1 good 1 concern

1st (concern)-Edmunds was only 3rd team all ACC. Not 1st, not 2nd, 3rd!!! That is a red flag for me.

2nd (good)-I started hearing rumblings about a week ago that both Edmunds brothers would go 1st round. That more than 1 team thought of Terrell as a better pro than college player and he was rising up boards. I figured that would be a stretch and mid second was probably the ceiling. If he can be a Deone Buchanon type player, this pick will look great.

Captain Lemming
04-27-2018, 10:10 AM
this is going to work out perfect for some and terrible for others.(as in who is right on their evaluation)
the steelers took a player in the first round that was labeled a second or third rounder by a vast majority of teams and draft gurus.

You can say that about "draft gurus" true. You cannot know how "teams" evaluated him.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 10:11 AM
Correct.
Fact is the "projection" was wrong. If the Steelers thought him to be a late 1st round talent we have no idea if the were alone in that assessment do we?

We don't know he would be available later.

We get bent because of how pseudo experts slot people. For all we know he could we have been the next safety picked anyway had we passed.

experts who said Blaine Gabbert was the truth...

experts who said they would retire from their gig if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a star in the NFL.

experts who had us drafting Josh Allen 2 months ago.

we just don't know. I hate draft mock gurus because they can basically say anything and they never have to eat crow when they are dead wrong.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 10:12 AM
You can say that about "draft gurus" true. You cannot know how "teams" evaluated him.

and it comes down to how a team feels a player will fit in their scheme.

Buzz
04-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Edmunds pick shouldn't have been a total surprise. Steelers tried to get Jabrilll Peppers last year to fill a sort of hybrid role. I can only hope their evaluation was better with Edmunds than with Peppers. Guess this finally puts a wrap on Wilcox's Steelers career.

I didn't think late Edmunds would go until late 2nd/ early 3rd. But if the Steelers love him and use him right, could wind up being a good pick.

Like the OP said, this should put to rest the silly notion that the Steelers always take BPA.

IMO, we still need an ILB (or two), a pass-rushing OLB, a FS that can cover deep, a RB, a WR, and an OL to replace Hubbard. Oh, and depth at NT. So plenty of work to do these next couple of days.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Edmunds pick shouldn't have been a total surprise. Steelers tried to get Jabrilll Peppers last year to fill a sort of hybrid role. I can only hope their evaluation was better with Edmunds than with Peppers. Guess this finally puts a wrap on Wilcox's Steelers career.

I didn't think late Edmunds would go until late 2nd/ early 3rd. But if the Steelers love him and use him right, could wind up being a good pick.

Like the OP said, this should put to rest the silly notion that the Steelers always take BPA.

IMO, we still need an ILB (or two), a pass-rushing OLB, a FS that can cover deep, a RB, a WR, and an OL to replace Hubbard. Oh, and depth at NT. So plenty of work to do these next couple of days.

BPA at a position of need is how we usually operate.

and what the FO think is BPA isn't always correct.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 10:33 AM

Thank you for reminding me of that; totally slipped my mind how we did indeed try to go after peppers. And Edmunds resembles Peppers in style of play and body type.

Edmunds himself said he didn't expect to go until the 2-3 rounds. He was at the draft to support his brother who everyone knew was going in the first round. And your are again right in that we did not take the BPA regardless of position..we drafted for need area..period.

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 10:42 AM
In the draft, do you draft who is thought the BPA now? Or do you draft who you think will be the best player in the future?

birtikidis
04-27-2018, 10:55 AM
partially because his brother was projected as a top 20 pick. He was probably there to support him. Even he said when interviewed on ESPN that he was surprised by the pick

squidkid
04-27-2018, 10:56 AM
In the draft, do you draft who is thought the BPA now? Or do you draft who you think will be the best player in the future?

lol.............never change, bro

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 10:57 AM

all 3...

lol

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 11:17 AM
all 3...

lol

Well, at least you answered the question...

Though there were only two options...:lol::lol::lol:

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 11:19 AM
lol.............never change, bro

No worries...you'll never get me to...

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 11:34 AM
Well, at least you answered the question...

Though there were only two options...:lol::lol::lol:

gotta add the intangibles

squidkid
04-27-2018, 11:58 AM
No worries...you'll never get me to...

true, you'll never get it

Ghost
04-27-2018, 12:06 PM
This is my favorite tweet about Terrell Edmunds. Look at the first 2 knuckleheads to respond to the original tweet. Hahahaha.... (also, looks like Edmunds was turning heads as the draft approached):

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/987808560544436224

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 12:11 PM
The “Relative Athletic Score” cards are also interesting...

phillyesq
04-27-2018, 12:21 PM
The more I think about this pick, I like it. The last time an athletic first round pick caught me off guard, it was the guy that announced Edmunds. He wasn't what I was expecting, but I did hear buzz that he was being talked about as a late first rounder as the draft approached. And his athleticism is exciting. I didn't find either Reid or Bates that interesting - thought they were potentially solid, but didn't see them as difference makers. If - and it's a big question - Edmunds plays up to his athletic ability, he can be a difference maker.

SteelBucks
04-27-2018, 12:27 PM
This is my favorite tweet about Terrell Edmunds. Look at the first 2 knuckleheads to respond to the original tweet. Hahahaha.... (also, looks like Edmunds was turning heads as the draft approached):

One of those guys (Wexell) said the Steelers were trying to move up to take Evans. They were packaging a couple picks, including the one the received for Bryant.

squidkid
04-27-2018, 12:58 PM
geezlouis, just except the fact that edmonds was a huge reach according to the vast majority of any person or publication.
that doesnt mean the steelers screwed up.
that doesn mean he is going to stink.
we now have a turd saying we draft for BPA in 3 years.....lol
your infatuation of trying to believe the steelers draft any different or any better or are any smarter than all the other nfl teams is ridiculous
quit trying to twist and turn a couple 'test' scores or sparq number to justify reaching for a player that was projected a round or 2 later.
hell, the kid himself said he wasnt going in the first and expected day 2
quit using late unsubstantiated 'buzz' rumors to justify it either.
the steelers chose him for a reason, a reason we will never know.
lets just hope he turns out

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 01:08 PM
One of those guys (Wexell) said the Steelers were trying to move up to take Evans. They were packaging a couple picks, including the one the received for Bryant.

Boom...........................

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 01:10 PM
geezlouis, just except the fact that edmonds was a huge reach according to the vast majority of any person or publication.
your infatuation of trying to believe the steelers draft any different or any better or are any smarter than all the other nfl teams is ridiculous
quit trying to twist and turn a couple 'test' scores or sparq number to justify reaching for a player that was projected a round or 2 later.

Most of Steeler empire believes we reached. But if he pans out, it's not a reach. So the grade I'll give this pick is "incomplete". But if this kid isn't on the field in 60-70 percent of the snaps on defense by year's end, then I'll be one of the one's calling out Colbert and Tomlin. But I'm thinking he'll be a solid contributor by mid-season going forward. Hopefully sooner.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 01:23 PM

LMAO.. said with authority too.

Freaking idiots.

This is why I laugh at Pittsburgh press when they try to stir the pot. They are basically trolls looking for clicks most of the time.

Ron Cook had JH fitted for a SB ring before the Pats lost.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 01:25 PM

https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/0/optimized/1505670_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=400&hei=489&fit=fit,1&$filterlrg$

squidkid
04-27-2018, 01:28 PM
https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/0/optimized/1505670_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=400&hei=489&fit=fit,1&$filterlrg$

you and slappy exchange this every XMAS?

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 01:32 PM
you and slappy exchange this every XMAS?

I hope you are charging Slapstick rent for the space he occupies in your head

Steelhere10
04-27-2018, 01:39 PM
I hope you are charging Slapstick rent for the space he occupies in your head

I mean really.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2018, 01:41 PM
the checks are crossing in the mail because squid has just as much space in slaps and felts as evidenced by their numerous daily posts

squidkid
04-27-2018, 01:48 PM
the checks are crossing in the mail because squid has just as much space in slaps and felts as evidenced by their numerous daily posts

ouch............

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 01:51 PM

And here you are, talking about both of us...now that’s some funny stuff...

I’ve been trying to move out of your heads for awhile now, but you just won’t let go...you can’t quit me...

But, please try.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 01:53 PM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZatleGmi1lk/maxresdefault.jpg

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 02:05 PM

True.......................

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2018, 02:07 PM

I’ve been trying to move out of your heads for awhile now, but you just won’t let go...you can’t quit me...

But, please try.

i just point out hypocrisy when i see it

squidkid
04-27-2018, 02:19 PM

But, please try.

thats the kind of stuff that makes it so easy to make fun of you.
you say 'ive been trying to move out of your heads......' , but you keep responding to everything I post............

papillon
04-27-2018, 02:20 PM
was he BPA?

No, Lamar Jackson was according to ESPN

Pappy

SteelBucks
04-27-2018, 03:15 PM
No, Lamar Jackson was according to ESPN

Pappy

I refuse to watch Kiper and McShay. I enjoyed the NFLN broadcast. IMO, Harold Landry was BPA and he’s still out there. He’ll be gone early in rd 2.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Landry probably to the Browns

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Landry probably to the Browns

they could easily come away with landry and guice tonight

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 04:01 PM
i just point out hypocrisy when i see it

You engage in hypocrisy when you see it, apparently...

pittpete
04-27-2018, 04:04 PM
they could easily come away with landry and guice tonight

Sign and trade Bell to Cleveland would do it;)

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 05:16 PM
You engage in hypocrisy when you see it, apparently...
most of our post are about our love for the Steelers..

and most of their post post is about their frustration about our love for the Steelers...

yet, we are the villains.

steeler_george
04-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Two things I will say about this pick. 1 good 1 concern

1st (concern)-Edmunds was only 3rd team all ACC. Not 1st, not 2nd, 3rd!!! That is a red flag for me.

2nd (good)-I started hearing rumblings about a week ago that both Edmunds brothers would go 1st round. That more than 1 team thought of Terrell as a better pro than college player and he was rising up boards. I figured that would be a stretch and mid second was probably the ceiling. If he can be a Deone Buchanon type player, this pick will look great.

I like your input, but could of his play been down this year due to injury, and playing in an unorthodox position "hybrid LB/S" role.

squidkid
04-27-2018, 05:48 PM
most of our post are about our love for the Steelers..

and most of their post post is about their frustration about our love for the Steelers...

yet, we are the villains.

love, no
outright blind stupidity support, yes

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 06:06 PM
love, no
outright blind stupidity support, yes

see what I mean.

Nothing but insults because we love the Steelers.

Why do you hate our love?

NorthCoast
04-27-2018, 06:08 PM
please get on topic.... thank you.

Shawn
04-27-2018, 06:08 PM
see what I mean.

Nothing but insults because we love the Steelers.

Why do you hate our love? Yeah why does he hate our love??? It makes me sad.

NorthCoast
04-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Ryan Shazier outshines the pick:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/sports/nfl-draft.html

Shawn
04-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Ryan Shazier outshines the pick:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/sports/nfl-draft.html I wont lie, I shed a tear when I seen Shazier walk on stage.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 06:29 PM
I wont lie, I shed a tear when I seen Shazier walk on stage.

We all wish him the best.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2018, 06:47 PM
I wont lie, I shed a tear when I seen Shazier walk on stage.

Edmunds said shaz has already called him and offered any support he needs

it's becoming more and more clear that shazier is a special human being

Shawn
04-27-2018, 07:00 PM
Edmunds said shaz has already called him and offered any support he needs

it's becoming more and more clear that shazier is a special human being He's an inspiration to me and many. Honestly, I could have seen myself rolling up my mat and going home after an injury like that. He just keeps fighting. The dude is a beast.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 07:04 PM
He's an inspiration to me and many. Honestly, I could have seen myself rolling up my mat and going home after an injury like that. He just keeps fighting. The dude is a beast.

I know he gets about 8 mil more or less this year but enough to set his life up. I’m happy about that.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Just read that Edmunds brother told him not to use the bathroom until the first round was over. He ignored him and ended up getting the call while in the restroom.

Slapstick
04-27-2018, 08:32 PM
I know he gets about 8 mil more or less this year but enough to set his life up. I’m happy about that.

In addition to that, as a former Buckeye and current Steeler, he will always have opportunities within those communities...