NorthCoast
04-26-2018, 08:19 PM
Browns will be Browns

Ernie
04-26-2018, 08:21 PM
Wow... Boom or bust

Ernie
04-26-2018, 08:22 PM
And I guess the Giants must think that Webb kid is the follow up to Manning.

steeler_george
04-26-2018, 08:24 PM
And I guess the Giants must think that Webb kid is the follow up to Manning.

i forgot about him

Shawn
04-26-2018, 08:25 PM
Welp if the Browns took him. Guaranteed bust.

calmkiller
04-26-2018, 08:27 PM
At No. 3, the Jets take Sam Darnold

feltdizz
04-26-2018, 08:31 PM
Honestly. I don’t think it’s a bad pick by the Browns. Mayfield looked better than all these other QB’s but we shall see. The NFL is a different beast

The Man of Steel
04-26-2018, 08:33 PM
Todd Haley will coach Baker Mayfield up and then he’ll become a poor man’s version of Landry Jones.

Shawn
04-26-2018, 08:40 PM
Todd Haley will coach Baker Mayfield up and then he’ll become a poor man’s version of Landry Jones. LMAO...thats truth.

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2018, 09:20 PM
Cleveland cutting Joe Haden last year not only gave us a #1 CB, but the dominoes fell further, resulting in them reaching to fill that need with Denzel Ward rather than picking the best player available at #4 in Bradley Chubb.

I would have been worried about trying to block both Myles Garrett and Bradley Chubb twice each year.

Now the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders have to worry about trying to block both Von Miller and Bradley Chubb twice each year.

John Elway should now send a fruit basket to the Browns' offices every April to thank than for their stupidity.

NorthCoast
04-26-2018, 09:51 PM
Cleveland cutting Joe Haden last year not only gave us a #1 CB, but the dominoes fell further, resulting in them reaching to fill that need with Denzel Ward rather than picking the best player available at #4 in Bradley Chubb.

I would have been worried about trying to block both Myles Garrett and Bradley Chubb twice each year.

Now the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders have to worry about trying to block both Von Miller and Bradley Chubb twice each year.

John Elway should now send a fruit basket to the Browns' offices every April to thank than for their stupidity.Apparently the new Browns management didn't look at tapes from 2008 to 2010 when Woodley and Harrison terrorized them.

pfelix73
04-26-2018, 10:44 PM
Browns get a great big fat F so far. They could've drafted him @ 4. lol

Oviedo
04-26-2018, 11:26 PM
Honestly. I don’t think it’s a bad pick by the Browns. Mayfield looked better than all these other QB’s but we shall see. The NFL is a different beast

I agree. I think Mayfield will be very good

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 12:34 AM
Welp if the Browns took him. Guaranteed bust.

We hope but unfortunately I think they finally got it right.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 12:36 AM
Browns get a great big fat F so far. They could've drafted him @ 4. lol
Jets would have taken Mayfield I think.

Prowler
04-27-2018, 12:39 AM
I thought this was a good pick by the Browns. He would have been my 2nd QB on my draft board after Mason Rudolph. We'll see how it plays out.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 12:54 AM

John Elway should now send a fruit basket to the Browns' offices every April to thank than for their stupidity.

I disagree with you ;

If the browns had taken Chubb, then how would they end up holding onto both of them in a few years? 5 year options on Garrett would be 12 mil and the next year, roughly the same for Chubb.
That’s too much money they’Ed have to commit long term to, to hold on to both guys on the dline.

You spread out big doe to different positions on the defense; not the same positions on defense.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 12:56 AM
I thought they had better secondary choices then ward but hey, after what Colbert did with our first round pick, who are we to judge what’s good in the secondary?

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2018, 01:11 AM
I disagree with you ;

If the browns had taken Chubb, then how would they end up holding onto both of them in a few years? 5 year options on Garrett would be 12 mil and the next year, roughly the same for Chubb.
That’s too much money they’Ed have to commit long term to, to hold on to both guys on the dline.

You spread out big doe to different positions on the defense; not the same positions on defense.

Cleveland first round picks tend to have a hard time even remaining in the league for more than just a couple of years. If they were actually worried about having to pay big money to more than one elite talent at a premium position, then that's an excellent problem to have... something completely new for this organization. If you really can't afford to fit two dominant DE's under the cap in a few years, then trade one of them for a boatload of picks at that point.

williar
04-27-2018, 07:04 AM
Best Qb in the draft! Browns got this one right!! Sorry folks, it's the browns and ravens going forward. Don't like where the steelers are going.

Shawn
04-27-2018, 07:18 AM
Best Qb in the draft! Browns got this one right!! Sorry folks, it's the browns and ravens going forward. Don't like where the steelers are going. I think Mayfield is solid but he doesn't scare me. Jackson however scares me. I agree both teams got better.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 08:03 AM
I think Mayfield is solid but he doesn't scare me. Jackson however scares me. I agree both teams got better.

A qb with 70% accuracy doesn’t concern you? Mayfield will be fine. Jackson doesn’t concern me; just another Vince Young, Michael Vick, Tim Tebum Qb. He’ll washout in 4-5 years.

feltdizz
04-27-2018, 08:07 AM
Best Qb in the draft! Browns got this one right!! Sorry folks, it's the browns and ravens going forward. Don't like where the steelers are going.

Browns have no where to go but up. I don't see how this impacts our franchise. We still run the North.

Shawn
04-27-2018, 05:50 PM
A qb with 70% accuracy doesn’t concern you? Mayfield will be fine. Jackson doesn’t concern me; just another Vince Young, Michael Vick, Tim Tebum Qb. He’ll washout in 4-5 years. If you say so. Mayfield is a quality QB prospect. But, his system, OL, and WRs helped him quite a bit. People who look at pure stats or if they are a "running QB" ie Watson to make evaluations are hard for me to take seriously. If you watch the film on Jackson, youll see a guy running for his life, his OL constantly breaking down, WRs dropping balls. Yes, he throws a hot ball...and on shorter passes he needs to learn touch. Outside of that the guy is solid...massive arm, twitchy legs, and the ability to drop a ball in a basket at 50 yards. With the Ravens, he will have success.

NorthCoast
04-27-2018, 05:56 PM
Mayfield is undersized for the modern NFL QB. A few pancakes and he will be on IR.....

Disco1981
04-27-2018, 06:01 PM

Lol...Browns make 2 picks, Ravens make 1,we make 1...Now those teams are on the rise and the Steelers are doomed...Calm down!

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 06:33 PM
Mayfield is undersized for the modern NFL QB. A few pancakes and he will be on IR.....

he's taller then both Brees and Wilson. By a little bit.

feltdizz
04-28-2018, 10:29 AM
If you say so. Mayfield is a quality QB prospect. But, his system, OL, and WRs helped him quite a bit. People who look at pure stats or if they are a "running QB" ie Watson to make evaluations are hard for me to take seriously. If you watch the film on Jackson, youll see a guy running for his life, his OL constantly breaking down, WRs dropping balls. Yes, he throws a hot ball...and on shorter passes he needs to learn touch. Outside of that the guy is solid...massive arm, twitchy legs, and the ability to drop a ball in a basket at 50 yards. With the Ravens, he will have success.

Big 12 QB’s are hard to evaluate because they put up amazing stats.

Every Oklahoma and OK State QB has stats that scream franchise but most can’t handle the tight windows of the NFL.

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2018, 03:11 PM
Cowherd is the worst. Glad to see someone stand up to his nonsense, even if it is a Browns' QB.

Baker Mayfield quickly shuts down criticism from radio host

Posted by Mike Florio on June 21, 2018, 2:38 PM EDT

Colin Cowherd of FOX Sports Radio and FS1 has an issue or two with Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield. To his credit, Mayfield appeared in studio with Cowherd on Thursday, calmly and coolly sticking it to Cowherd for a God-awful take regarding Mayfield’s behavior following a touchdown against Ohio State in Columbus.

TheBigLead.com has the video. Cowherd carps about Mayfield running away from his teammates after a touchdown pass.

“Our band is over there, our student section’s right there,” Mayfield said. “You pulled the one clip of me running right there to our fans and people that traveled well to that game first of all, and then you didn’t show the rest of the clip of me going to our sideline? . . . You’re acting like I just ran away from everybody.”

Mayfield then called it what it is.

“I feel like you’re going for the fact that I’m not a team guy, I’m selfish? Is that what you’re shooting at right here or what?” Mayfield said.

Instead of admitting it (because clearly that’s what it is), Cowherd tried to make a meaningless post-play gesture somehow meaningful to football, even if it isn’t.

“I think sometimes your judgment’s just a tad off, and I think the NFL’s a judgment league,” Cowherd explained. “Because the game is so fast. . . . The window gets really, really tight and really, really small. You’ve got to make decisions really, really fast. . . . I don’t love that decision, I don’t love it.”

Mayfield quickly shot down that approach, too.

“The celebration?” he said. “Do you see what people do in the league now, celebration wise?”

Cowherd then tried to laugh it off by saying his not a fan of Antonio Brown‘s “hip thrusting” before changing the subject and asking Mayfield if he has his NFL celebration ready.

“I have nothing, I have nothing,” Mayfield said. “Apparently, I think I just need to run away.”

The fact that Mayfield ran directly at Cowherd — and won easily — proves a lot about the kid’s ability to handle his business in the locker room, on the practice field, in the stadium, at the podium, and anywhere else.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/21/baker-mayfield-quickly-shuts-down-criticism-from-radio-host/

Steel Maniac
06-21-2018, 03:25 PM
Cowherd= Ass clown.

Sugar
06-21-2018, 03:35 PM
When the Browns took Mayfield I said that they were looking for a personality as much as a player. They want someone to set the tone for attitude as well as make plays. If I were a Browns fan (shudder), I'd be pretty happy to see this.

feltdizz
06-21-2018, 03:44 PM
Cowherd is a punk. I can't stand him. He always nitpicks and finds one clip to tear a player down.

You can tell he never played a sport, not even Madden or NBA Live.

hawaiiansteel
06-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Cowherd= Ass clown.

This ^^^^^^

Oviedo
06-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Cowherd has gone down hill since he left ESPN. Just makes crap up now to get attention.

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2018, 04:34 PM
Cowherd has gone down hill since he left ESPN. Just makes crap up now to get attention.

That dude's M.O. was always to be an attention-mongering contrarian even when he worked at ESPN.

Northern_Blitz
06-21-2018, 05:16 PM
Cowherd is the worst. Glad to see someone stand up to his nonsense, even if it is a Browns' QB.

This is awesome. I love how he apparently just called out the BS.

feltdizz
06-22-2018, 10:25 AM

since? that dude was always making stuff up to get attention. He's good at it but that's because I think some NFL fans are petty as hell and our actually outraged by the stuff he nitpicks.

hell, we got guys on here who get upset at celebrations and think it's selfish and immature.

Cowherd plays well to that crowd

Starlifter
06-22-2018, 12:22 PM
And yet these blowhards have an audience. Not me of course, but someone must be watching colin, skip, Steven a etc.

feltdizz
06-22-2018, 01:26 PM
And yet these blowhards have an audience. Not me of course, but someone must be watching colin, skip, Steven a etc.

it's sports, so people will always tune in to hear this nonsense.

a lot of it is "what crazy stuff will they say next"

RuthlessBurgher
06-22-2018, 01:57 PM
it's sports, so people will always tune in to hear this nonsense.

a lot of it is "what crazy stuff will they say next"

I have Sirius Radio, so if I want to listen to crazy entertainment, I'll tune into the Howard Stern channels.

But if I want to listen to football talk, I'll tune in to someone knowledgeable about the game such as Pat Kirwin over the blowhards like Colin Cowherd, Skip Bayless, Tony Kornheiser, Steven A. Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Jason Whitlock, etc.

feltdizz
06-22-2018, 02:41 PM
I have Sirius Radio, so if I want to listen to crazy entertainment, I'll tune into the Howard Stern channels.

But if I want to listen to football talk, I'll tune in to someone knowledgeable about the game such as Pat Kirwin over the blowhards like Colin Cowherd, Skip Bayless, Tony Kornheiser, Steven A. Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Jason Whitlock, etc.

I can tolerate Shannon Sharpe.

I think I have a soft spot for former players not named Rodney Harrison.

for me it's the guys who never played who use the silliest things to prove a player is selfish or isn't a winner.