PDA

View Full Version : OT: ESPN QB Blind Quiz

feltdizz
04-23-2018, 02:18 PM
This is kind of cool. Only gives you a few stats to compare 2 QB's and then lets you pick which one you think has better stats. Once you pick they reveal the 2 QB's. Goes to show how stats can't be trusted.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/23258672/nfl-quarterback-blind-quiz-pick-best-players-busts-based-college-football-stats

squidkid
04-24-2018, 10:22 AM
this quiz DOES NOT do what you say its does.
it actually shows stats of two qbs while they were in college. after reviewing their numbers, (and it is obvious which qb has better stats). then when you select the qb with the better stats, it reveals who the qbs are and then shows what stats they had in the pros............
it has nothing to do with trusting stats

it

feltdizz
04-24-2018, 11:14 AM
this quiz DOES NOT do what you say its does.
it actually shows stats of two qbs while they were in college. after reviewing their numbers, (and it is obvious which qb has better stats). then when you select the qb with the better stats, it reveals who the qbs are and then shows what stats they had in the pros............
it has nothing to do with trusting stats

it

huh? It shows that the guy with better college stats may not be the better QB in the pros

and IMO it wasn't always clear who had the better stats. One may have more yards and TD's but more INT's.

That's what I meant by "trusting stats"

geez, the draft can't get here soon enough.

Slapstick
04-24-2018, 11:19 AM
huh? It shows that the guy with better college stats may not be the better QB in the pros

and IMO it wasn't always clear who had the better stats. One may have more yards and TD's but more INT's.

Everything you say is wrong...

squidkid
04-24-2018, 11:24 AM

ok, ill man up here a little.
i did this quiz a handful of times and every scenario that came up for me had an obvious stat 'winner' and when clicked, they always had some bum beat out a good nfl qb.
i quit after 6 attempts assuming that the whole quiz was going to be the same............

feltdizz
04-24-2018, 11:34 AM
ok, ill man up here a little.
i did this quiz a handful of times and every scenario that came up for me had an obvious stat 'winner' and when clicked, they always had some bum beat out a good nfl qb.
i quit after 6 attempts assuming that the whole quiz was going to be the same............

I quit after 4..lol

Slapstick
04-24-2018, 12:20 PM
It ended up being two a comparison of two QBs in college who went pro and how their college numbers compare to one of the top QBs in this draft...

feltdizz
04-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Everything you say is wrong...

Hatfield and McCoy's got nothing on us.