PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Suggs: Ravens wanted to kill Hines Ward

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Terrell Suggs: Ravens wanted to kill Hines Ward

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 30, 2018, 5:45 AM EDT

Terrell Suggs has played his entire 15-year career with the Ravens, and so he has a lot of memories of the rivalry with the Steelers. One memory that sticks out is the team’s hatred of former Steelers receiver Hines Ward.

Suggs told Bleacher Report that talking trash with Ward before, during and after games wasn’t just about getting in an opponent’s head. It was about genuine hatred.

“We might get into a fight while we’re doing something. You know what I’m saying. It was personal. It was personal. We wanted to kill Hines Ward. I had to threaten him before every play like, ‘If you crack me, I swear to God I’m going to break your f–king neck,'” Suggs said.

In 2008, Ward broke the jaw of Cincinnati’s Keith Rivers, leading to the NFL passing a new rule against blindside blocks the next year. Suggs said that he warned Ward that if he tried that against the Ravens, he’d have to worry about a lot more than a 15-yard penalty.

“I swear to God, if you hit me like that,” Suggs says he told Ward, “I’m getting thrown out of the f–king league.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/30/terrell-suggs-ravens-wanted-to-kill-hines-ward/

feltdizz
03-30-2018, 11:21 AM
lmao.. I remember there was an article by an anonymous player and he kept saying "someone is going to take out Hines Ward" after damn near every paragraph. Had to be Suggs.

I wonder how he feels about JuJu.

Say what you want about Suggs but I love him as a player. Seems like the type to respect the game and the rivalry.

Hines had him shook.

Shawn
03-30-2018, 11:32 AM
Ward was in D players heads...gotta love that. JuJu is that next guy.

Steel Maniac
03-30-2018, 11:39 AM
Suggs is an over rated bum. Like what he says matters.
Since Ray Lewis left, he's been nothing. He and Flacco have made that team a bottom feeder team. The only reason they even are competitive against us is purely their hate for us. But talent wise, their not even in our zip code.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-30-2018, 04:00 PM
Thuggs is an over rated bum. Like what he says matters.
Since Ray Lewis left, he's been nothing. He and Flacco have made that team a bottom feeder team. The only reason they even are competitive against us is purely their hate for us. But talent wise, their not even in our zip code.

Fixed that for you!

(I agree. Didn't he have some really dirty hits on Ben? If not, please allow me to live in my fantasy that all Ravens players are despicable!)

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Compared to the likes of Vontaze Burfict and Pacman Jones, Terrell Suggs is a choir boy. A choir boy who is ugly as hell, of course. ;)

Disco1981
03-30-2018, 04:37 PM
Thugs...I think the feeling was mutual...Maybe you can talk to Ray Ray on how to kill someone...Even though it would only be 1 person, and not 2!

Steel Maniac
03-30-2018, 05:09 PM
The Ravens started to get over on us for a hot second because of their illegal @ss chop blocking against our D-linemen.

feltdizz
03-30-2018, 09:21 PM
Suggs never had dirty hits on Ben. Hard hits but even Ben said Sughs could have killed him a few times. Ben has a lot of respect for the way Ben plays the game. I don’t like the Ravens but I respected them as a team.

The Bungles on the other hand...are a dirty bunch. No respect for that team or it’s players.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Suggs never had dirty hits on Ben. Hard hits but even Ben said Sughs could have killed him a few times. Ben has a lot of respect for the way Ben plays the game. I don’t like the Ravens but I respected them as a team.

The Bungles on the other hand...are a dirty bunch. No respect for that team or it’s players.

Not for me after they started those chop blocks designed to cripple a player and take him out of the NFL. Weren't they somehow ruled legal? Doesn't matter, I thought decent players didn't try to end other players' careers.

Steel Maniac
03-30-2018, 11:22 PM
In my book, Ravens are as big a cheat as the bengals. But the Ravens are more clever about it.

Eich
04-02-2018, 08:26 AM
I can see why defenders hated Hines Ward. Hines gave these guys a taste of their own medicine and they didn't like it much. How many years did we watch defenders "killing" "defenseless" receivers who didn't see a big hit coming? That kind of hit was praised on defense. But as soon as a guy like Ward turned the tables on them, all of the sudden, he's some ultra-dirty player?

Rules were created to prevent both "hits on defenseless receivers" and on "blind-side blocks". So, IMO, defenders like Suggs were no different than Hines. I LOVED that Hines was in their heads. He gave the defense something else to think about when he was on the field.

And it sure feels like JuJu is our new Hines. A faster version of him.

feltdizz
04-02-2018, 08:32 AM
I can see why defenders hated Hines Ward. Hines gave these guys a taste of their own medicine and they didn't like it much. How many years did we watch defenders "killing" "defenseless" receivers who didn't see a big hit coming? That kind of hit was praised on defense. But as soon as a guy like Ward turned the tables on them, all of the sudden, he's some ultra-dirty player?

Rules were created to prevent both "hits on defenseless receivers" and on "blind-side blocks". So, IMO, defenders like Suggs were no different than Hines. I LOVED that Hines was in their heads. He gave the defense something else to think about when he was on the field.

And it sure feels like JuJu is our new Hines. A faster version of him.

funny thing is folks kept saying JuJu wasn't fast enough to be a good WR

Eich
04-02-2018, 03:34 PM
funny thing is folks kept saying JuJu wasn't fast enough to be a good WR

Yeah. LOL. Well, he sure looked fast enough on that 97 yard TD against the Lions!

feltdizz
04-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Yeah. LOL. Well, he sure looked fast enough on that 97 yard TD against the Lions!

athletes usually run faster when being chased...lol

williar
04-02-2018, 08:19 PM
It goes to emphasize what an amazing player Hines was. He alone put the fear in NFL defenses. If JuJu is half the player Hines was that would be saying a mouthful. I always said that the Steeler wouldn't win another super bowl after Hines Ward retired. I am sticking to that prediction..

Steel Maniac
04-03-2018, 01:10 AM
Why would you want that prediction to be true?

feltdizz
04-03-2018, 06:49 AM
It goes to emphasize what an amazing player Hines was. He alone put the fear in NFL defenses. If JuJu is half the player Hines was that would be saying a mouthful. I always said that the Steeler wouldn't win another super bowl after Hines Ward retired. I am sticking to that prediction..

What? Not trying to knock Hines but I think JuJu has played just as good as Hines in his first year, maybe even better.

Eich
04-03-2018, 09:07 AM
What? Not trying to knock Hines but I think JuJu has played just as good as Hines in his first year, maybe even better.

I agree. But not only that, we won a Super bowl with Hines and Cedrick Wilson and Randel El. I think AB, JuJu and Martavis are "just a little better" than that set. No reason we can't win another Super Bowl without Hines.

Slapstick
04-03-2018, 09:12 AM
JuJu DID play better than Hines as a rookie...heck, JuJu played better than almost every rookie WR in the modern era....

Hines was coming off of being a college QB (he won the Peach Bowl as a QB!) and transitioning to WR...he took two years to really become Hines...

feltdizz
04-03-2018, 09:45 AM
JuJu DID play better than Hines as a rookie...heck, JuJu played better than almost every rookie WR in the modern era....

Hines was coming off of being a college QB (he won the Peach Bowl as a QB!) and transitioning to WR...he took two years to really become Hines...

I know.. but out of respect for Hines' career I didn't want to sound too harsh.

JuJu laid out Burfict AND blew up a Raven in the hole on a running play.

Not sure what game Williar is watching

Slapstick
04-03-2018, 10:39 AM
I know.. but out of respect for Hines' career I didn't want to sound too harsh.

JuJu laid out Burfict AND blew up a Raven in the hole on a running play.

Not sure what game Williar is watching

JuJu destroyed first team All-Pro FS Harrison Smith as well...

feltdizz
04-03-2018, 01:21 PM
JuJu destroyed first team All-Pro FS Harrison Smith as well...

yes, I thought it was a Raven but you are correct, that's the play I was thinking about...

look at his rookie highlights, LMAO at williar saying if he is half the player Hines is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynM8Y7rD7Q