PDA

View Full Version : Who is still left in FA

steeler_george
03-25-2018, 01:56 PM
After 3 weeks of FA we made our steeler splash with Bostic and Burnett. Both players seem to be very good, under the radar, steeler signings, who are projected as starters.

I know that we are probably done in FA, but WHAT IF we decided to sign just one more player. We still have something like 3 million, and could restructure Shazier 8 M.

Here is a list from Walterfootball:
11) Ndamukong Suh, DT -I know not going to happen
16) Johnathan Hankins -fits NT 3-4
26) Kenny Vaccaro - age a factor, not much demand in FA for S, could come cheap
28) NaVorro Bowman, ILB- age a factor, I haven't heard much about him in FA
33) Eric Reid, S - I think he is done blackballd like Kapernick, he also said he won't sign cheap, just to sign.
35)Tre Boston, S- still young, could come at a good price.
73) DeMarco Murray, RB - vet running back who can be this year's Williams.

Add in A. Morris & Blue

One more player from this list can really change our thoughts going into the draft.

Slapstick
03-25-2018, 02:03 PM
Out of that group?

Probably Hankins...still only 26...fits well in a 3-4...

But, that’s a lot of money to spend on a D line...but, we play a lot of 4 man lines and Watt is good off the ball...

pittpete
03-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Probably won't do anything until after the draft...We could get some good value after June 1st also for depth.

steeler_george
03-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Probably won't do anything until after the draft...We could get some good value after June 1st also for depth.

That is what I am thinking we will do too, but imagine if we pick Vaccon/Boston on a 2 M, we can skip need at DB all together in the draft.

I think teams are waiting on Suh, then going to go after Hankins.

Steel Maniac
03-25-2018, 04:40 PM

Definitly... we can sit tight for right now.

steeler_george
03-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Does this seem right, Wilcox is getting paid 3M, and the market for S in FA seems to be very low, reasonable. Why don't they cut him and sign Boston or Vaccaro at that price.

Buzz
03-25-2018, 07:14 PM
Does this seem right, Wilcox is getting paid 3M, and the market for S in FA seems to be very low, reasonable. Why don't they cut him and sign Boston or Vaccaro at that price.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Wilcox is considerably overpaid, per the going rate this year. I don't know if you could get Boston for that price (he'd be my first choice), but you might get Eric Reid for that price, and he'd be a significant upgrade from Wilcox, IMO.

Steel Maniac
03-25-2018, 07:55 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Wilcox is considerably overpaid, per the going rate this year. I don't know if you could get Boston for that price (he'd be my first choice), but you might get Eric Reid for that price, and he'd be a significant upgrade from Wilcox, IMO.

If we could get Eric Reid right now for Wilcox money I think they would have done it.

SteelBucks
03-25-2018, 08:08 PM
Colbert historically likes to stay $3M under the cap going into the season. They’re done unless they restructure more players.

Chadman
03-25-2018, 08:09 PM
I’d say signing Burnett removes signing any type of ‘starting Safety’ from the FA list.

Back up RB, pass rusher, TE or ST guy from here I would imagine. Most likely a ST guy or back-up RB at this point. If any.

Steel Maniac
03-25-2018, 08:10 PM
Has to be more restructure or cuts because we need another 2mil just to sign our draft class.

Steel Maniac
03-26-2018, 06:21 PM
Suh signed with the Rams

one year, 14mil

Buzz
03-27-2018, 12:34 PM
Has to be more restructure or cuts because we need another 2mil just to sign our draft class.Steelers have $3.166 million dollars left following all their restructures and FA signings ... should be enough to sign the draft class. If they want to get another decent FA, however, they'll need to come up with some more $$$$ somehow.

RuthlessBurgher
03-27-2018, 02:11 PM
The Raiders just released TE Clive Walford. He's a former 3rd round pick in 2015 (the same draft where we took Jesse James) and in those 3 season, their production is pretty similar (James: 90 catches for 766 yards and 7 TD's, Walford: 70 catches for 768 yards and 6 TD's, although James' production came from 29 starts, while Walford's production came from only 10 starts). I like the guy's potential coming out of Miami (he was one of my mock draft favorites that year), and think he could provide some decent competition among our current TE's if he would be willing to sign a reasonable deal.

Slapstick
03-27-2018, 04:14 PM
Steelers have $3.166 million dollars left following all their restructures and FA signings ... should be enough to sign the draft class. If they want to get another decent FA, however, they'll need to come up with some more $$$$ somehow.

They’ll also need another $3 million or so for cap money during the season...

Buzz
03-27-2018, 05:30 PM
They’ll also need another $3 million or so for cap money during the season...Good point. But they don't need it now. So they can make a cut or do a restructure sometime closer to the start of the season. I think if they cut Wilcox, it would almost cover the amount you're talking about. My point is, it shouldn't be a big problem.