PDA

View Full Version : OT: No Wonder the Seahawks Got Rid of Michael Bennett

Buzz
03-23-2018, 06:51 PM
Accused of injuring an elderly paraplegic woman who was in his way following the Super Bowl.

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles-player-michael-bennett-indicted-on-injury-charge-connected-to-super-bowl-li

Steel Maniac
03-23-2018, 07:20 PM
Pete Carroll got over on the Eagles.

Buzz
03-23-2018, 07:41 PM
If Bennett did what he's been accused of doing, he's about as low a scumbag as could be.

feltdizz
03-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Sounds sensational. The timing of it seems odd.

The Man of Steel
03-25-2018, 09:20 AM
Isn’t this the same Michael Bennett who wrote the book: “things that make white people uncomfortable?”

Disco1981
03-25-2018, 09:37 AM
Didn't that ******* get in trouble in Vegas too...

fordfixer
03-26-2018, 02:43 AM
Isn’t this the same Michael Bennett who wrote the book: “things that make white people uncomfortable?”
Was one of them knocking down an old lady?

feltdizz
03-26-2018, 08:33 AM

I don't think being handcuffed by police because he fit the description of a person of interest is getting in trouble.

He was released once they realized he wasn't the guy.

squidkid
03-26-2018, 09:19 AM

yup, he ran, and hid. didnt comply with instructions that was asked of EVERYBODY. then lied and played the race card only later for it be revealed what actually happened.
like most of the 'police brutality' claims

The Man of Steel
03-26-2018, 09:20 AM
Was one of them knocking down an old lady?
I wouldn’t know because I was too uncomfortable to read his book.

feltdizz
03-26-2018, 09:50 AM
yup, he ran, and hid. didnt comply with instructions that was asked of EVERYBODY. then lied and played the race card only later for it be revealed what actually happened.
like most of the 'police brutality' claims

while there are conflicting reports one thing we know is Vegas has a ton of cameras and none have shown Bennett fleeing or hiding.

It's also funny how the cop who Bennett said held a gun to his head and said he was going to blow it off didn't have his camera turned on.

So a cop goes to a nightclub after reports of shots fired and doesn't have his camera on?

yeah right...

squidkid
03-26-2018, 09:55 AM
while there are conflicting reports one thing we know is Vegas has a ton of cameras and none have shown Bennett fleeing or hiding.

It's also funny how the cop who Bennett said held a gun to his head and said he was going to blow it off didn't have his camera turned on.

So a cop goes to a nightclub after reports of shots fired and doesn't have his camera on?

yeah right...

maybe the cop was just gonna turn it on for a few seconds while he is doing the right thing and not the wrong.............sorta like the phone cameras only showing what the cop did, not the suspect reaching for his gun or being non compliant

feltdizz
03-26-2018, 10:23 AM
maybe the cop was just gonna turn it on for a few seconds while he is doing the right thing and not the wrong.............sorta like the phone cameras only showing what the cop did, not the suspect reaching for his gun or being non compliant

I prefer they are on at all times.

seriously, whats the point if cops can turn them off or claim they were foo anytime there is a dispute?

squidkid
03-26-2018, 10:38 AM
I prefer they are on at all times.

seriously, whats the point if cops can turn them off or claim they were foo anytime there is a dispute?

seems like you would also like to see all of the phone camera footage not just the 3 seconds of the suspect not doing anything wrong.
of course it would be hard to criticize the police, promote racism and riot if that was the case.

Slapstick
03-26-2018, 10:40 AM
seems like you would also like to see all of the phone camera footage not just the 3 seconds of the suspect not doing anything wrong.
of course it would be hard to criticize the police, promote racism and riot if that was the case.

It would be even harder to criticize police if the body cams were simply on all the time...

feltdizz
03-26-2018, 10:41 AM

"seems like.. "

"so what you are really saying is.."

the good ole Squid spin..lol

Nooooooo

I said what I meant and I meant what I said. No need to lie about what I typed.

Keep the body cams on at all times.

that's it, that's all.. end of discussion and no one can dispute what the cop or perp did or didn't do.

squidkid
03-26-2018, 11:03 AM
"seems like.. "

"so what you are really saying is.."

the good ole Squid spin..lol

Nooooooo

I said what I meant and I meant what I said. No need to lie about what I typed.

Keep the body cams on at all times.

that's it, that's all.. end of discussion and no one can dispute what the cop or perp did or didn't do.

heres the problem. the suspect(or victim in your case) shows 3 seconds of the cop doing what he thinks he needs to do) the city then riots(too funny...make me laugh when they do this), then the police hate and 'protests'.............weeks later, the police video(showing the truth) get revealed. but its too late. violence against cops, false information,vandalism and looting and heighted negative race relations have already occurred.

squidkid
03-26-2018, 11:04 AM
It would be even harder to criticize police if the body cams were simply on all the time...

true, or if the actaul facts were known

Slapstick
03-26-2018, 11:16 AM
true, or if the actaul facts were known

The easiest way to do that? Keep the body cams on...

Slapstick
03-26-2018, 11:17 AM
heres the problem. the suspect(or victim in your case) shows 3 seconds of the cop doing what he thinks he needs to do) the city then riots(too funny...make me laugh when they do this), then the police hate and 'protests'.............weeks later, the police video(showing the truth) get revealed. but its too late. violence against cops, false information,vandalism and looting and heighted negative race relations have already occurred.

And it could all be avoided by simply providing video evidence...

Video is a powerful thing...just ask Ray Rice....it could be powerful for the police as well...

feltdizz
03-26-2018, 11:29 AM

This is why the police should have the cameras on at ALL times

we spend millions on these cameras and then they don't have them on half the time and it's ALWAYS when there is a dispute.

squidkid
03-26-2018, 12:19 PM
This is why the police should have the cameras on at ALL times

we spend millions on these cameras and then they don't have them on half the time and it's ALWAYS when there is a dispute.

thats a lie, but
once again, what would it matter as long as the criminal or criminal baby momma only submits the couple seconds of the action of the police
and then the racists act on that few seconds before seeing the truth?

feltdizz
03-26-2018, 12:29 PM
thats a lie, but
once again, what would it matter as long as the criminal or criminal baby momma only submits the couple seconds of the action of the police
and then the racists act on that few seconds before seeing the truth?

baby momma? racist?

yeah, just keep the cop cameras on, this way we don't have to worry about folks like acting like the same folks you claim are the "racist"

squidkid
03-26-2018, 12:42 PM
baby momma? racist?

yeah, just keep the cop cameras on, this way we don't have to worry about folks like acting like the same folks you claim are the "racist"

lol....let me guess. only whites can be racists?

feltdizz
03-26-2018, 12:46 PM
lol....let me guess. only whites can be racists?

nope.. just wondered why you would label it racist when we have seen cases where the cop wasn't white or the victim wasn't Black

or do you only care about cases where the cop is white?

personally, I think EVERY interaction by a cop regardless of color should be filmed at all times.

squidkid
03-26-2018, 12:53 PM
nope.. just wondered why you would label it racist when we have seen cases where the cop wasn't white or the victim wasn't Black

or do you only care about cases where the cop is white?

personally, I think EVERY interaction by a cop regardless of color should be filmed at all times.

rarely is that the case.
the 'protests' against racists cops killing innocent black males is the only thing talked(kneeled) about.
i wonder how many whites are shot by cops?
why arent there 'protests' for that?
oh thats right, because those lives dont matter.

Slapstick
03-26-2018, 01:02 PM
rarely is that the case.
the 'protests' against racists cops killing innocent black males is the only thing talked(kneeled) about.

The statistics show that black people are shot and killed a disproportionate amount compared to white people...

feltdizz
03-26-2018, 01:04 PM
rarely is that the case.
that's because this is America and racism/race gets high ratings

more whites are probably shot by cops than Blacks due to Black people only being 13% of the population. % was? not sure...

but wait, are you suggesting that sometimes cops kill innocent white people? How can that be? Wow, wouldn't a camera help in those situations?

Hundreds marched for the white woman killed in Minneapolis. The issue though is more times than not the officer, if Black, who shoots an unarmed white person or uses excessive force is swiftly brought to justice and isn't protected by the Blue wall or defended by people like you.

Only when it's flipped the other way around.

As far as those lives not mattering? That's a joke. The need to twist movements into assaults on YOUR person is crazy. Players kneel for injustice and it's disrespecting the troops even when the person who gave Kap the idea was a green beret.

Black Lives Matter somehow equals white lives don't matter? How?

Lastly, why in the world should Black folk do the work of white folk who have been wronged by the system when so many of them support that system when an unarmed Black person is killed?

The same person mad at people protesting is also asking why they aren't protesting for white victims? The hypocrisy and idiocy is through the roof on these types of discussions. Guys like you want it all to be your way all the time. That's just not how it works buddy.

squidkid
03-26-2018, 04:23 PM
The statistics show that black people are shot and killed a disproportionate amount compared to white people...

is it proportionate to the crime that each race commits?

squidkid
03-26-2018, 04:29 PM
that's because this is America and racism/race gets high ratings

more whites are probably shot by cops than Blacks due to Black people only being 13% of the population. % was? not sure...

but wait, are you suggesting that sometimes cops kill innocent white people? How can that be? Wow, wouldn't a camera help in those situations?

Hundreds marched for the white woman killed in Minneapolis. The issue though is more times than not the officer, if Black, who shoots an unarmed white person or uses excessive force is swiftly brought to justice and isn't protected by the Blue wall or defended by people like you.

Only when it's flipped the other way around.

As far as those lives not mattering? That's a joke. The need to twist movements into assaults on YOUR person is crazy. Players kneel for injustice and it's disrespecting the troops even when the person who gave Kap the idea was a green beret.

Black Lives Matter somehow equals white lives don't matter? How?

Lastly, why in the world should Black folk do the work of white folk who have been wronged by the system when so many of them support that system when an unarmed Black person is killed?

The same person mad at people protesting is also asking why they aren't protesting for white victims? The hypocrisy and idiocy is through the roof on these types of discussions. Guys like you want it all to be your way all the time. That's just not how it works buddy.

im sure some whites have been wrongfully killed. i just dont see how white people hating police, rioting and shooting cops is going to help matters. i would think it worsen the situation going forward
.......so guys like you dont want it to go your way all the time?

Slapstick
03-26-2018, 04:56 PM
is it proportionate to the crime that each race commits?

Nope. Try again.

Northern_Blitz
03-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Re: Police shootings. I thought that the podcast "More Perfect" did an interesting look at how the "reasonable man" standard has affected rulings on police shootings. I don't know what the right way to determine wrongful death in these cases is. But, I think the current method isn't right. I also know that I wouldn't want to be the police officer that has the make a decision whether or not to kill someone with imperfect information.

If you're intersted, check out: "Mr Graham and The Reasonable Man"

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/481105292/more-perfect

Slapstick
03-26-2018, 06:19 PM
My favorite podcast. Good to see another nerd on the board...

Buzz
03-26-2018, 06:26 PM
Bennett turned himself in today and is now in custody. He shouldn't have any problem affording some good lawyers.

Starlifter
03-26-2018, 06:48 PM
Bennet aside - in about 20 years we are going to have a significant shortage of police officers in this country.

feltdizz
03-26-2018, 06:53 PM
im sure some whites have been wrongfully killed. i just dont see how white people hating police, rioting and shooting cops is going to help matters. i would think it worsen the situation going forward
.......so guys like you dont want it to go your way all the time?

i want it to go the right way. I want to be able to call the cops and not fear them shooting my Black ass because they are “scared for their lives”

i know now a few cops. Good people. However, cops are people and all of them aren’t good.

Most people dont hate all cops. They hate bad cops who get the benefit of the doubt just because they are cops.