PDA

View Full Version : OT: Jets move up to 3.

feltdizz
03-17-2018, 12:00 PM
They swap their #6 pick this year and give up 2 second round picks along with next years 2nd round pick.

all to move up 3 spots? Wtf.

Buzz
03-17-2018, 12:05 PM
Great deal for the Colts, who can now make some serious moves to rebuild their team.

steeler_george
03-17-2018, 12:51 PM
Damn , I wasted an hour trying to design a "money ball mock" with trades for the Jets 2s, but got frustrated I wasted time so I just deleted it!

I wonder who they are keying on.... QB? Didn't they just spend 20 mill on McCown and Bridgwater?

I wonder now, if they plan on use those picks to move up, would you give a 28 for 2 seconds?

steeler_george
03-17-2018, 01:17 PM
If Buffalo jumps in the top 5, it looks like there is going to be a crazy run on QBs, maybe 3-4 QBs in the top 5...Browns, Jets, Buffalo, Denver .

Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield...

feltdizz
03-17-2018, 01:30 PM
Yup, these teams are giving away their future for these QB’s. Maybe, maybe one of them goes after Chubb but I think all these QB’s (Lamar Jackson as well) will be gone by the time we pick.

We should be able to get a nice day one contributor on D at 28 AND I think we may be able to get another one in the second.

Steel Maniac
03-17-2018, 04:53 PM
I have no doubt we get a stud at 28; there will be at least 5 qb’s taken ( maybe six) before we pick. Not to mention a couple of runningbacks.

Iron City Inc.
03-17-2018, 05:04 PM
Great deal for the Colts, who can now make some serious moves to rebuild their team.

If there is a team suited to trade Bell to its the Colts. 1 60+ mil under cap 2. Gore gone rb need is serious 3. extra 2nd rounders gives them ammo to make a deal n not have to give up their 1st rounder. Bell would be a blessing for Luck n he needs a lot of help.
I'm thinking Barkley does not make it to 6. I do not want Bell to go but it sure looks like that could be our future.

steeler_george
03-17-2018, 05:53 PM
If there is a team suited to trade Bell to its the Colts. 1 60+ mil under cap 2. Gore gone rb need is serious 3. extra 2nd rounders gives them ammo to make a deal n not have to give up their 1st rounder. Bell would be a blessing for Luck n he needs a lot of help.
I'm thinking Barkley does not make it to 6. I do not want Bell to go but it sure looks like that could be our future.

All good points, especially the last one. But if the offer is there you have to think about it hard... not for cap relief, but for the pics! We can probably gain 3 contributors and rising stars on D, and another playmaker or OL for Ben.

feltdizz
03-17-2018, 07:36 PM
I don’t see a thin Colts roster giving up picks for Bell. I think they have 6 picks in the top 50.

Especially if he will be available in FA next year.

Steel Maniac
03-17-2018, 09:41 PM
To me, Mason Rudolph has as good a chance to be a legit QB as any other Qb in this draft and the Jets are foolish in my opinion for jumping up there for a qb when they could of gotten Randolph where they were at. Look at Randolph’s resume and it is better then any QB they are touting. And I’m a USC fan and I don’t think Darnold is better.

And Buffalo is stupid too if they try to jump up there.

Notice, we took Ben at #11 when Eli and Rivers went high in the draft.

feltdizz
03-18-2018, 12:01 AM
We got lucky with Ben. He was sitting at the draft pissed off because teams passed him over and lied to him.

Mason Rudolph? No thanks.

I know I shouldn’t be bias against a school/conference but the Big 12 plays no defense. Its real hard to get a sense if a QB in that conference is legit or just stat padding because the defenses are so terrible.

i also agree that it’s foolish to try and move up to get one of these called top 4 QB’s. I don’t think any of them stand out. I’m really not sure why Darnold is so high. His decision making is head scratching at times.

Steel Maniac
03-18-2018, 12:56 AM
I’m willing to trust Colbert’s analysis of Rudolph’s talent. If Rudolph is there, and Colbert has decided he’s our QB of the future
then if he pulls the trigger, I’m all on board.

pittpete
03-18-2018, 01:13 AM
We got lucky with Ben. He was sitting at the draft pissed off because teams passed him over and lied to him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15232563/the-day-browns-passed-big-ben

Roethlisberger: "I just wanted a team to believe in me. I didn't expect to go first and I knew there could be a number of outcomes after that."

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-18-2018, 10:19 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15232563/the-day-browns-passed-big-ben

Roethlisberger: "I just wanted a team to believe in me. I didn't expect to go first and I knew there could be a number of outcomes after that."

GREAT article, thanks for posting Pitt Pete!

" ... Ben's four-interception game against Iowa was on Cleveland's mind when they passed on Ben.".

If I'd known he'd done that I wouldn't have freaked out so much when he had that five-interception game this past year. I guess he just has to get those out of his system now and then!

Steel Maniac
03-18-2018, 12:00 PM

Mason Rudolph? No thanks.

I know I shouldn’t be bias against a school/conference but the Big 12 plays no defense. Its real hard to get a sense if a QB in that conference is legit or just stat padding because the defenses are so terrible.

i also agree that it’s foolish to try and move up to get one of these called top 4 QB’s. I don’t think any of them stand out. I’m really not sure why Darnold is so high. His decision making is head scratching at times.

Please....

When you draft where we’ve historically drafted, anybody who we get that pans out was a player that wasn’t thought of as highly as others.

Bottom line is you have to have a GM who knows how to talent evaluate a QB and the right coaching to properly develop him. And if Colbert’s analysis says that Rudolph can be our future starter, then he pulls the trigger.

Steel Maniac
03-18-2018, 12:20 PM
What a foolish , foolish move the Jets made.

feltdizz
03-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Please....

When you draft where we’ve historically drafted, anybody who we get that pans out was a player that wasn’t thought of as highly as others.

Bottom line is you have to have a GM who knows how to talent evaluate a QB and the right coaching to properly develop him. And if Colbert’s analysis says that Rudolph can be our future starter, then he pulls the trigger.

We didn’t get lucky because Ben panned out. We were lucky because other teams told Ben he was going to be drafted but they lied to him.

I can't find the video but on draft night he was sitting at the table and his agent threw a water bottle after a team didn’t draft him. Ben looked disgusted.

There is a reason Ben had a chip on his shoulder when he was drafted.

We’ve missed on picks before tho, Colbert doesn’t always get it right.

Steel Maniac
03-18-2018, 02:50 PM
We didn’t get lucky because Ben panned out. We were lucky because other teams told Ben he was going to be drafted but they lied to him.

I can't find the video but on draft night he was sitting at the table and his agent threw a water bottle after a team didn’t draft him. Ben looked disgusted.

We’ve missed on picks before tho, Colbert doesn’t always get it right.

Bottom line is .... THEY DIDNT THINK HIGHLY ENOUGH OF HIM which is what I just said in our previous post.

And at the end of the day, we roll with Colbert’s evaluation on all positions.

If his evaluation is that Rudolph is the real deal, then he pulls the trigger.

pittpete
03-18-2018, 04:28 PM

He thought his home team Browns were going to sign him.

RuthlessBurgher
03-19-2018, 11:15 AM
" ... Ben's four-interception game against Iowa was on Cleveland's mind when they passed on Ben.".

Harbinger for the future, my brother. Showed us that Ben is good at completing passes to dudes wearing black and gold jerseys....;)

Steel Maniac
03-19-2018, 11:48 AM
Hahahahahahaha...love that Ruth.

Northern_Blitz
03-19-2018, 12:07 PM
He thought his home team Browns were going to sign him.

Instead, they drafted a TE because they already had their QB of the future...oops.