PDA

View Full Version : Only scenario where signing Bell long term makes sense- Young cheap QB

Captain Lemming
03-17-2018, 10:47 AM
If a team has a good young QB on his rookie deal.
Like rookie Ben or Russel Wilson, that frees up a ton of money to spend elsewhere.

Perfect target for Bell? Texans led by dirt cheap up and coming Deshaun Watson.

39 million in cap space versus our 2.7 mil.

Adding Bell to THAT roster with Deshaun and Hopkins . Obscenely good offense in one fail swoop.
And their backs are currently AWFUL.

And THEY got the ridiculous coin to pay Bell because Watson is so cheap.
Unlike us they can also address the defense already got Honey Badger (actually he will chew up 7 of that 39 mil cited above) and JJ will be back on that side.

If I'm the Steelers I shop Bell specifically to the Texans who's scrub RB Lamar Miller is the SIXTH highest paid back in the league.
A post June 1st cut gives the Texans 6 mil per year ADDITIONAL to go to Bell.

Considering the composition of that team, the perfect landing spot for Bell, and their ridiculous cap space, I say we we might be able to squeeze far more out of the Texans in a trade than anybody if we sell Bell's fit on their roster.

Young Deshaun with BELL as an outlet AND elite runner?

Wouldnt YOU give up a first for that? I hate paying backs big bucks but if I am in their situation with money to blow? THAT is tempting.

Heck, I aint no negotiator but "I" could sell that one.

Thoughts?

steeler_george
03-17-2018, 11:17 AM
If a team has a good young QB on his rookie deal.
Like rookie Ben or Russel Wilson, that frees up a ton of money to spend elsewhere.

Perfect target for Bell? Texans led by dirt cheap up and coming Deshaun Watson.

39 million in cap space versus our 2.7 mil.

Adding Bell to THAT roster with Deshaun and Hopkins . Obscenely good offense in one fail swoop.
And their backs are currently AWFUL.

And THEY got the ridiculous coin to pay Bell because Watson is so cheap.
Unlike us they can also address the defense already got Honey Badger (actually he will chew up 7 of that 39 mil cited above) and JJ will be back on that side.

If I'm the Steelers I shop Bell specifically to the Texans who's scrub RB Lamar Miller is the SIXTH highest paid back in the league.
A post June 1st cut gives the Texans 6 mil per year ADDITIONAL to go to Bell.

Considering the composition of that team, the perfect landing spot for Bell, and their ridiculous cap space, I say we we might be able to squeeze far more out of the Texans in a trade than anybody if we sell Bell's fit on their roster.

Young Deshaun with BELL as an outlet AND elite runner?

Wouldnt YOU give up a first for that? I hate paying backs big bucks but if I am in their situation with money to blow? THAT is tempting.

Heck, I aint no negotiator but "I" could sell that one.

Thoughts?

I think you are right with that theory, just look at us when we had the best D and the Bus when Ben was a rookie.

But I would not do that trade, Houston would be dominating the AFC for the next 5-6 years.

feltdizz
03-17-2018, 11:57 AM
Might as well give the Texans the crown.

Deshaun, Hopkins, Bell, JJ Watt and Honey Badger?

Whew... that would be a problem in January.

RuthlessBurgher
03-19-2018, 10:42 AM
You do realize that in order to move up to obtain Deshaun Watson in the draft last year, Houston traded away their 2018 first round pick, right?

And they don't have a second round pick in this draft either, because they gave that up in order to dump the Osweiler contract.

feltdizz
03-19-2018, 10:49 AM
You do realize that in order to move up to obtain Deshaun Watson in the draft last year, Houston traded away their 2018 first round pick, right?

And they don't have a second round pick in this draft either, because they gave that up in order to dump the Osweiler contract.

https://youtu.be/9Jz1TjCphXE

pittpete
03-19-2018, 03:50 PM
SO having Bell on a roster with a good QB, stud WR and two often injured defensive players equates to a Championship?
I guess the Patriots have been doing it wrong all these years:D

Steel Maniac
03-19-2018, 05:01 PM
SO having Bell on a roster with a good QB, stud WR and two often injured defensive players equates to a Championship?

Good one.

The jets can have Bell if they give us their 2019 first round pick. I'd be willing to wait. :smile:

feltdizz
03-19-2018, 05:26 PM

We aren’t the Patriots.

Captain Lemming
03-19-2018, 09:59 PM

Thus the expression "A" first round pick.

Captain Lemming
03-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Might as well give the Texans the crown.

Deshaun, Hopkins, Bell, JJ Watt and Honey Badger?

Whew... that would be a problem in January.

Point taken, There are other options......the Bucs for one. Would the Titans be willing to swap their newly aquired back AND a pick?
They all have loads of cap space in part because of young QBs.

Steel Maniac
03-20-2018, 12:25 AM
I could see Bell in Tampa Bay.