2) Geski, TE
Trade with Jets swap 3rd rounders, we gain 4th, we give Bryant and #5
3) Settle, NT
4) Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, USC
5) Sean Weslsh, Iowa , G/C
6) Trey Quinn, WR SMU
7) ?
7) ?

*My thinking is that we settle with Timmons as our ILB in FA.
*We sign Reid in FA, it is a deep draft in S, so his demand drops in FA.
*Sign a WR like T. Austin, at league min.
* JJ or V Mcdonald is going to be a cap cut after draft.
* Between AB, JuJu, Geski, Bell make up for Bryants void

Iron City Inc.
03-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Hear we're kicking tires on Kendricks from Phily. We could still go ILB at 28 cause we could use 2 but that could change things a bit. That might push us to safety at 28 n another ILB later.

steeler_george
03-15-2018, 07:33 AM
Hear we're kicking tires on Kendricks from Phily. We could still go ILB at 28 cause we could use 2 but that could change things a bit. That might push us to safety at 28 n another ILB later.

Although I am hearing mixed reviews about Kendricks, he does sound like a good back up plan going into the season, if we strike out in the draft. But at his current salary might be too expensive unless we restructure his contract to more guarantee, more cap friendly. Could he be eventually VW replacement?

I am hearing rumours about Honey Badger...

steeler_george
03-16-2018, 05:22 AM
updated mock Day 3 ( AKA Start of Steeler's FA)

Here we go...I stopped after 6 rounds

1) LVE, ILB
2) Geski, TE
3) Settle, NT
4) James Washington, WR OSU
5a) Sean Weslsh, Iowa , G/C
5b) we trade for Kendricks
7) ?
7) ?

* We cut V. Mcdonald, J.J, Sensabaugh, Wilcox sign Honeybadger
*Goethe and Grimble TE
* We make the trade for Kendricks insurance going into the draft and depth,2 down player
*Trade with Washington, we gain 4th and Craven, we give Bryant, #6, and next years an unconditional compensation pick for losing Hubbard.
* We make trade for Craven to play hybrid LB/S in nickel/dime
* Round 7 we pick up depth at TE and OL

Iron City Inc.
03-16-2018, 01:30 PM
updated mock Day 3 ( AKA Start of Steeler's FA)

Here we go...I stopped after 6 rounds

1) LVE, ILB
2) Geski, TE
3) Settle, NT
4) James Washington, WR OSU
5a) Sean Weslsh, Iowa , G/C
5b) we trade for Kendricks
7) ?
7) ?

* We cut V. Mcdonald, J.J, Sensabaugh, Wilcox sign Honeybadger
*Goethe and Grimble TE
* We make the trade for Kendricks insurance going into the draft and depth,2 down player
*Trade with Washington, we gain 4th and Craven, we give Bryant, #6, and next years an unconditional compensation pick for losing Hubbard.
* We make trade for Craven to play hybrid LB/S in nickel/dime
* Round 7 we pick up depth at TE and OL

James Washington is good real good. His games against Pitt ,WVU and Oklahoma real solid n he tested well. Awesome if we got him by getting a 4th rounder but I would say we would be fortunate if he was on the board when we pick in round 2. Hands catcher who can make those combat catches with folks hanging on. Has that 2nd gear. I believe we have shown interest and you never know ( I did not see the selection of JJSS in round 2 a year ago) but it's more likely we go D in rounds 1 n 2. But you watch a little game tape of this kid and you'll likely agree he wont last that long on draft day.

RuthlessBurgher
03-16-2018, 02:01 PM
James Washington is good real good. His games against Pitt ,WVU and Oklahoma real solid n he tested well. Awesome if we got him by getting a 4th rounder but I would say we would be fortunate if he was on the board when we pick in round 2. Hands catcher who can make those combat catches with folks hanging on. Has that 2nd gear. I believe we have shown interest and you never know ( I did not see the selection of JJSS in round 2 a year ago) but it's more likely we go D in rounds 1 n 2. But you watch a little game tape of this kid and you'll likely agree he wont last that long on draft day.

Tomlin and Colbert were at the Okla St Pro Day this week, and while there, they dined with James Washington and SS Tre Flowers.

Steel Maniac
03-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Nice.........

steeler_george
03-18-2018, 01:13 PM
I feel like I was lost at sea, lost track of # day of FA update mock

Here we go, with INDY in mind, we make a trade

round 1 #28 & round 5 # 148 and Byrant --> round 2 #37 round 3 #67 round 4 #104

(*) =from indy

round 2 (*) Bates, Safety, Wake Forest
round 2 James Washington, WR, OSU
round 3 (*) Geski, TE, Pen State
round 3 Martinas Rankin, OT, Miss State
round 4 (*) Shaun Dion Hamilton, ILB, Alabama
round 5 Dalton Schultz, TE, Standford
round 5 Marcus Allen, S Pen State
round 7/7 DL/OL

* We cut V. Mcdonald (4M), J.J (2M), Sensabaugh(2M), Wilcox(3M) +6.5 cap space = around 18 M= Add in Navarro(8 M) and the big prize Johnathan Hankins (9 M)
* Signed Bostic as solid depth ( in fear of Navarro injury)
*Goethe,Dalton and Grimble TE

Steel Maniac
03-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Tomlin and Colbert were at the Okla St Pro Day this week, and while there, they dined with James Washington and SS Tre Flowers.

Well, that means that these guys there focusing on . Gentleman, please adjust your mock drafts accordingly . :D

MeetJoeGreene
03-18-2018, 02:01 PM
Those are excellent mock drafts.

Rara
03-18-2018, 02:22 PM
Steelers don't have a fourth round pick.

steeler_george
03-18-2018, 02:31 PM
Steelers don't have a fourth round pick.

Don't mean to bust your balls but they don't have 2 second or 2 thirds either... I made a mock with Indy in mind, ( trade) they grabbed a lot of extra picks, cut Hankins, and we signed one of their free agents.

steeler_george
03-21-2018, 07:50 AM
After having movement and filling the voids, I will place needs in this order, and put consideration that we were looking hard in FA to bolster our special teams:

1) LB- we got bit here last year with no depth and LBs can play ST
2) WR- next year Bryant is gone, no depth, ST
3) OT- lost Hubbard no depth
4) NT- no depth and is Hargrove a true 3-4 NT or a DE playing NT
5) RB- No clear #2 behind Bell ( I think we will sign FA after June * )
6) TE- V.Mcdonald, too many injuries and high $$$ and JJ last year of contract

here we go:

1) Evans, ILB
2) James Washington, WR, OSU
3) Martinas Rankin, OT, Miss State
5) Dalton, Schultz, TE, Stanford
5) Shaun Dion Hamilton, ILB, Alabama
7) Troy Apke, S, Penn State
7) Frazier, NT,

Some thoughts:
* If LVE, Evans are off the board, we have to look to trade back (see last note)
* Indy has tons of draft picks, would they offer a 4-5th for Bryant?
* DeMarco Murray and Alfred Morris still not signed ....
* Players that are growing on me: Hubbard OLB, Burk(ILB), Jewel (ILB) Bates(S), Reid(S) Gothe(TE)