PDA

View Full Version : Any FA rumors?

steeler_george
03-12-2018, 07:27 AM
Hey Yinz hearing anything out there in the burgh?

buccoray61
03-12-2018, 09:55 AM
I read an article that said the Steelers won't be major players in FA. Here are some of the names it threw out.
ILB-Kemal Ishamael, Christian Jones, Gerald Hodges, Paul Posluszny
Safety
Bradley McDougal
Terrence Brooks
Jarius Byrd
Tayvon Wilson

feltdizz
03-12-2018, 10:17 AM
No...

I think the most we get is a depth signing or 2 at ILB or Safety

never know though, we might find someone who wants a chance at a ring

Oviedo
03-12-2018, 11:54 AM
I think I heard something about the Steelers tagging Leveon Bell to prevent him from becoming a free agent

Oviedo
03-12-2018, 11:54 AM
I read an article that said the Steelers won't be major players in FA. Here are some of the names it threw out.
Safety
Bradley McDougal
Terrence Brooks
Jarius Byrd
Tayvon Wilson

Kinda a "why bother?" list

pittpete
03-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Exactly.......................

buccoray61
03-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Kinda a "why bother?" list

Yeah, I don't know much about any of them besides Posluszy

RuthlessBurgher
03-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Safety
Bradley McDougal
Terrence Brooks
Jarius Byrd
Tayvon Wilson

Seahawks extend safety Bradley McDougald

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 12, 2018, 11:16 AM EDT

The Seahawks do have room on the roster for one of their defensive players.

According to Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network, the Seahawks have agreed to terms on a three-year, $13.95 million deal with safety Bradley McDougald.

McDougald replaced Kam Chancellor in the starting lineup last year when Chancellor was lost with a neck injury. Considering the Seahawks aren’t sure whether Chancellor will (or whether they want him to) play again, keeping McDougald around is solid insurance.

A free agent pickup from the Buccaneers prior to last season, McDougald would have been an unrestricted free agent later this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/12/seahawks-extend-safety-bradley-mcdougald/

Eich
03-12-2018, 01:17 PM
I read an article that said the Steelers won't be major players in FA.

Which is the same article that can be written and applies EVERY year.

buccoray61
03-12-2018, 01:22 PM

It mentioned that LOL

RuthlessBurgher
03-12-2018, 02:04 PM

Do fans here think that if we let Le'Veon walk, we will use that franchise tag money to sign a big money deal with a top tier free agent on day one of the signing period?

The Steelers have literally never done that.

They attempt to plug holes in advance of the draft with mid-tier free agents (recently with guys like Ladarius Green and Mike Mitchell, and in the past with guys like Ryan Clark and James Farrior).

The big money deals are reserved for homegrown talent that coaches and front office already knows very well, as opposed to attempting to shoot for the moon with other teams' unknowns.

feltdizz
03-12-2018, 02:05 PM

but every year fans wish and dream we made splash signing on the first day.

we play in FA but it's usually under the radar

Steel Maniac
03-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Dolphins have confirmed today that they are releasing Timmons.

Steel Maniac
03-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Do fans here think that if we let Le'Veon walk, we will use that franchise tag money to sign a big money deal with a top tier free agent on day one of the signing period?

They attempt to plug holes in advance of the draft with mid-tier free agents (recently with guys like Ladarius Green and Mike Mitchell, and in the past with guys like Ryan Clark and James Farrior).

The big money deals are reserved for homegrown talent that coaches and front office already knows very well, as opposed to attempting to shoot for the moon with other teams' unknowns.

Most likely your right but let the ones who want to dream, dream on. Lol

Northern_Blitz
03-12-2018, 05:00 PM

I think that we will have Bell play under the tag and do little in UFA. It is the sensible Steelers thing to do. But, I think that this will lead to an underwhelming D. But with Ben, Bell, and AB we will at least have the firepower to outscore our problems on D. I'd rather be a balanced team because I don't think glass cannon type teams have a good chance of winning the Super Bowl.

If we rescinded the tag (not Steelers-like), I think that we would probably make a medium to large acquisition in the first few days of UFA. Either way, I don't think we'd do something like swoop in and sign Boston on day 1. I generally like this approach as I think that big spash UFAs usually under-perform their contracts.

I could see an argument for this year being different because losing Shazier at this point in his career is not something that would generally happen in a normal Steelers-like way (i.e. he already had the option year signed and I think we would have offered him a very good long term contract). We will have to react to that situation somehow because we don't have an in-house player to step into that role.

But, as is tradition our big UFA signing will be the internal guy that we know and trust. It's hard to fault the process (and the long term results it has give us), even though I think I would do it differently this year.

Chadman
03-12-2018, 05:42 PM
I expect they kick Timmons’ tyres. That said, if Gerald Hodges is actually on the radar, he’s a good signing.

squidkid
03-12-2018, 07:13 PM

didnt we try to sign a lb for 10 million last year?

NorthCoast
03-12-2018, 07:23 PM
I could see a big FA signing if the Steelers were one player away from a Superbowl berth. I am not convinced this is their current situation on defense.

Rara
03-12-2018, 09:06 PM
I read earlier that Avery Williamson turned down a 4 year/$12mm deal with Tennessee. If he turned that offer down to re-sign with his team...he wouldn't be paid by the Steelers.

Shawn
03-13-2018, 11:52 AM
I guess the question I would have is this...can we afford another year of drama with Bell? I say get him under contract or move him. The fact that they went with another exclusive tag year tells me they want to get this contract done. It would't shock me at all if the Steelers sign Bell to a 4 year contract in the neighborhood of 60 million much to the chagrin of fans. Many fans might be done with him but the Steelers clearly are not. I have a hard time believing the Steelers would lock him down exclusive and want a year of toxicity in the locker room. If Bell is going to be here I want a happy Bell.

steeler_george
03-13-2018, 01:07 PM
I guess the question I would have is this...can we afford another year of drama with Bell? I say get him under contract or move him. The fact that they went with another exclusive tag year tells me they want to get this contract done. It would't shock me at all if the Steelers sign Bell to a 4 year contract in the neighborhood of 60 million much to the chagrin of fans. Many fans might be done with him but the Steelers clearly are not. I have a hard time believing the Steelers would lock him down exclusive and want a year of toxicity in the locker room. If Bell is going to be here I want a happy Bell.

My thoughts exactly!

If they are going to sign him, do it!

If they are going to pay him just for 1 year and then have this in play next year, just release or trade him now.

steeler_george
03-13-2018, 01:15 PM
I read earlier that Avery Williamson turned down a 4 year/$12mm deal with Tennessee. If he turned that offer down to re-sign with his team...he wouldn't be paid by the Steelers.

Disappointed here it looks like the better FA ILB are out of our price range.

I honestly, I thought we would make an uncharacteristic splash in FA this year to replace an uncharacteristic loss of Shazier.

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2018, 01:30 PM
Safety
Bradley McDougal
Terrence Brooks
Jarius Byrd
Tayvon Wilson

Linebacker Paul Posluszny retires

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2018, 11:02 AM EDT

The Jaguars have a promising young core of defensive players, and one of their mentors is walking away.

According to Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times Union, veteran linebacker Paul Posluszny is retiring after 11 seasons.

With much sadness but without regret, I realize that I am no longer able to adhere to the unwavering standard of excellence that professional football demands,” he wrote. “I say this with a heavy heart: I am retiring from the NFL. I love the game of football so much, and I know there is truly only one acceptable way to play. Knowing I can no longer compete at a level that I find acceptable, I have chosen to end my football career. This decision is mine alone, and although I know this will not bring me happiness, it is the right and honorable action to take at this time in my life. I cherished every moment of my NFL career, and it has been such a blessing to play the game for as long as I have played. I anxiously look forward to next football season to arrive, but this time with the sole focus of being a great husband and father for my loving family.

The 33-year-old signed with the Jaguars in 2011 and endured the lean years, and then was moved out of the middle on an every down basis when Myles Jack was ready to take over there. He was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent tomorrow.

He played his first four years with the Bills, and retires second on the Jaguars’ all-time tackle list with 973, trailing only Daryl Smith (1,089).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/linebacker-paul-posluszny-retires/

Shawn
03-13-2018, 01:34 PM
My thoughts exactly!

If they are going to sign him, do it!

If they are going to pay him just for 1 year and then have this in play next year, just release or trade him now. Yes, I cant imagine having an erked off Bell will help team chemistry.

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2018, 01:40 PM
Safety
Bradley McDougal
Terrence Brooks
Jarius Byrd
Tayvon Wilson

Lions re-sign safety Tavon Wilson

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2018, 10:07 AM EDT

The Lions held onto one of their own, as they build a defense for new coach Matt Patricia.

The team announced they had re-signed safety Tavon Wilson.

He follows the pattern of many Patricia hires by being a former Patriot, but he signed with the Lions in 2016 as an unrestricted free agent.

He played in 10 games last year, with his season cut short by a shoulder injury which required surgery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/lions-re-sign-safety-tavon-wilson/

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2018, 02:34 PM
Steelers should focus on Avery Williamson, Preston Brown in free agency

8:00 AM ET

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Here are the moves the Pittsburgh Steelers should consider when free agency opens at 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, March 14:

Sign an inside linebacker: The loss of Ryan Shazier makes the Steelers' need in the middle of their defense painfully obvious. Vince Williams is a good run-stopper and blitzer, but the defense is lacking the sideline-to-sideline brilliance Shazier provided. They won't find a Shazier duplicate in free agency, but there are plenty of three-down thumpers available for modest cash. Tennessee's Avery Williamson is a rangy athlete with an all-around game (three sacks and two forced fumbles to go with 92 tackles). Buffalo's Preston Brown has been a tackling machine (512 takedowns in four seasons) and doesn't come off the field. Dallas' Anthony Hitchens is a hitter who would improve a run defense that gave up 150-plus yards in three of the final six games last season (including the playoff loss to Jacksonville).

Sign for depth at offensive line or safety: With $1 million in cap space as of last week, the Steelers needed to release veterans or restructure contracts to simply sign one player in free agency. But whatever happens with the roster, the Steelers need depth and playmaking at safety and along the offensive line, where the loss of swing tackle Chris Hubbard will be felt. The Steelers could -- and likely will -- draft at least one of these spots. But quality veterans will be available in free agency's second wave. Take Tyson Alualu, whom the Steelers acquired for three years, $6 million last year. He acquitted himself well.

Continue to work toward a Le'Veon Bell signing: The standoff is set. Bell wants old running back money, and the Steelers don't want to set a pricey precedent for a stagnant positional market. But the sides aren't as far apart as it seems, and creating a long-term deal for Bell before the mid-July franchise tag deadline would provide 2018 cap relief (his current figure is $14.54 million). The Steelers want to sign Bell, who wants to retire a Steeler. This shouldn't be too difficult, assuming compromise is still an option.

Create salary-cap space for bigger moves: The imminent releases of cornerback William Gay and safety Mike Mitchell will shave nearly $7 million off Pittsburgh's cap. They can create more by restructuring at least one more contract (defensive end Cam Heyward and cornerback Joe Haden have double-digit cap numbers in 2018) with possibly more cuts to come. The Steelers value veterans more than most teams, but will have difficult decisions. Shedding contracts is simply the cost of doing business in the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/27376/steelers-should-focus-on-avery-williamson-preston-brown-in-free-agency

Buzz
03-13-2018, 02:38 PM
Steelers should focus on Avery Williamson, Preston Brown in free agency

8:00 AM ET

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Here are the moves the Pittsburgh Steelers should consider when free agency opens at 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, March 14:

Sign an inside linebacker: The loss of Ryan Shazier makes the Steelers' need in the middle of their defense painfully obvious. Vince Williams is a good run-stopper and blitzer, but the defense is lacking the sideline-to-sideline brilliance Shazier provided. They won't find a Shazier duplicate in free agency, but there are plenty of three-down thumpers available for modest cash. Tennessee's Avery Williamson is a rangy athlete with an all-around game (three sacks and two forced fumbles to go with 92 tackles). Buffalo's Preston Brown has been a tackling machine (512 takedowns in four seasons) and doesn't come off the field. Dallas' Anthony Hitchens is a hitter who would improve a run defense that gave up 150-plus yards in three of the final six games last season (including the playoff loss to Jacksonville).

Sign for depth at offensive line or safety: With $1 million in cap space as of last week, the Steelers needed to release veterans or restructure contracts to simply sign one player in free agency. But whatever happens with the roster, the Steelers need depth and playmaking at safety and along the offensive line, where the loss of swing tackle Chris Hubbard will be felt. The Steelers could -- and likely will -- draft at least one of these spots. But quality veterans will be available in free agency's second wave. Take Tyson Alualu, whom the Steelers acquired for three years, $6 million last year. He acquitted himself well.

Continue to work toward a Le'Veon Bell signing: The standoff is set. Bell wants old running back money, and the Steelers don't want to set a pricey precedent for a stagnant positional market. But the sides aren't as far apart as it seems, and creating a long-term deal for Bell before the mid-July franchise tag deadline would provide 2018 cap relief (his current figure is $14.54 million). The Steelers want to sign Bell, who wants to retire a Steeler. This shouldn't be too difficult, assuming compromise is still an option.

Create salary-cap space for bigger moves: The imminent releases of cornerback William Gay and safety Mike Mitchell will shave nearly $7 million off Pittsburgh's cap. They can create more by restructuring at least one more contract (defensive end Cam Heyward and cornerback Joe Haden have double-digit cap numbers in 2018) with possibly more cuts to come. The Steelers value veterans more than most teams, but will have difficult decisions. Shedding contracts is simply the cost of doing business in the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/27376/steelers-should-focus-on-avery-williamson-preston-brown-in-free-agencyHitchens is signing with the Chiefs, and Williamson turned down an offer from the Titans that is likely more than what the Steelers would offer him. Don't know if the team has made contact with Preston Brown.

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2018, 02:49 PM
Hitchens is signing with the Chiefs, and Williamson turned down an offer from the Titans that is likely more than what the Steelers would offer him. Don't know if the team has made contact with Preston Brown.

Why is the offer that Williamson turned down from Tennessee likely more than the Steelers would offer him? It was a 4 year, $12M offer. Is paying a guy $3M per year a deal breaker to obtain a starting ILB?

Three years ago, we signed Arthur Moats to a 3 year, $7.5M contract ($2.5M per year) for LB depth behind our starters.

Last offseason, we signed Tyson Alualu to a 2 year, $6M contract ($3M per year) for DL depth behind our starters.

If we really think he'd be our answer to fill Shazier's starting ILB role, we should be offering him more than $3M per year, no?

pittpete
03-13-2018, 02:51 PM
Should we take a look at NY Jets ILB Demario Davis?
According to NYJ sites he's a priorty FA signing for them..

steeler_george
03-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Why is the offer that Williamson turned down from Tennessee likely more than the Steelers would offer him? It was a 4 year, $12M offer. Is paying a guy $3M per year a deal breaker to obtain a starting ILB?

Three years ago, we signed Arthur Moats to a 3 year, $7.5M contract ($2.5M per year) for LB depth behind our starters.

Last offseason, we signed Tyson Alualu to a 2 year, $6M contract ($3M per year) for DL depth behind our starters.

If we really think he'd be our answer to fill Shazier's starting ILB role, we should be offering him more than $3M per year, no?

Sheesh, this is confusing the shi* out of me today. First with Cousin 3yrs 28 M and now this... if it is complete deal for 12 Million, then I think we should sign him now! Or is 12M per year?

Buzz
03-13-2018, 03:31 PM
Williamson is a good LB. If we were signing him to be a starter, $12MM for 4 years would be a bargain, but I don't think we ought to give that kind of money to a backup. And unless they're going to have him replace V. Williams (not likely), he shouldn't be a starter. He's not what we need for the Mack; not that great in coverage. Save the money, and go after someone who can really perform the way we need them to in the Mack role.

Steel Maniac
03-13-2018, 03:48 PM
Buzz, other then Watt, we need LB"s across the board. Of course the ILB is the focus but we need two new talented linebackers coming out of this off-season.

Oviedo
03-13-2018, 03:54 PM
Buzz, other then Watt, we need LB"s across the board. Of course the ILB is the focus but we need two new talented linebackers coming out of this off-season.

Not ready to give up on Dupree yet, but we do need two quality ILBs

pittpete
03-13-2018, 04:06 PM
Honestly, i'm happy with Vince at ILB.
We just need a solid guy next to him with a bit of speed.
I also think Vince was never the same mentally after Shazier's injury.

Disco1981
03-13-2018, 04:10 PM

Yet? It's his 5th and final ( unfullfilling so far ) year

buccoray61
03-13-2018, 04:16 PM

I agree with everything you just posted.

buccoray61
03-13-2018, 04:27 PM

I was reading where the Steelers are considering switching sides with Watt and Dupree. They gave the reasons that this would help, but I would have to re- read the article.

Shawn
03-13-2018, 04:35 PM
Not ready to give up on Dupree yet, but we do need two quality ILBs I'm not either. I've seen the flashes from Dupree that make me think he can be a playmaker in this league.

Chadman
03-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Just in support of Dupree, isn’t the pass completion & run defence numbers significantly better on his side of the field? Is that related somehow?

He seems a very scheme solid kind of guy- doesn’t blow his assignments. Would like to see more plays from him, big plays, but this IS a defense that had astronomical sack numbers last year. Not like we are not getting pressure. Is he a part of that success by freeing others up? Or are his numbers effected by the success of those around him? There are only so many QB’s to sack, for example.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Sounds like Eagles retaining Bradham & they are shopping Kendricks. Under 6 mil two years left. Make the call. 5th or South. Get him here & extend. Much better now for draft. S in first 2 rounds.

Shawn
03-14-2018, 01:41 PM
Sounds like Eagles retaining Bradham & they are shopping Kendricks. Under 6 mil two years left. Make the call. 5th or South. Get him here & extend. Much better now for draft. S in first 2 rounds. BTW-Love your Sam Hubbard pick. Is he really being seen as a 3rd round pick? For me, Hubbard was my favorite player on that OSU D.

K Train
03-14-2018, 01:47 PM
Tyrann Mathieu would be one hell of a pickup for the steelers...injuries and all he presents a tremendous upgrade to the secondary.

Just thinking out loud, dont actually expect it to happen

Oviedo
03-14-2018, 01:51 PM
I heard a "hot rumor" that the Steelers aren't going to be big players in free agency and won't make a "splash" signing:) We will however make later depth signings

I've been on this board, and its predecessor, for about a decade. I always have to laugh when we start talking about our free agent signings and when they don't occur how so many get so upset. It isn't in our culture to play in the FA market and more importnatly we deliberately structure our salary cap that it precludes us being major players

Oviedo
03-14-2018, 01:54 PM

Which is why it makes sense to seriously look at going to the 4-3.

By my count we have been trying to get that fourth, sometimes third and fourth, LB for about a decade now. What do they say the definition of insanity is: "Doing the same thing that doesn't work over and over again"

feltdizz
03-14-2018, 01:58 PM
I heard a "hot rumor" that the Steelers aren't going to be big players in free agency and won't make a "splash" signing:) We will however make later depth signings

I've been on this board, and its predecessor, for about a decade. I always have to laugh when we start talking about our free agent signings and when they don't occur how so many get so upset. It isn't in our culture to play in the FA market and more importnatly we deliberately structure our salary cap that it precludes us being major players

Yet it happens every year in here.

Folks argue about how we can’t pay Bell AND make any splash signings in FA and I’m supposed to take that seriously?

its like those people saying trade Bell for Cleveland’s first round picks.

..or signing Carlos Hyde.

What the hell are these people thinking?

Yet I’m the delusional one who should be laughed at when having these discussions?

Oviedo
03-14-2018, 02:02 PM
Yet it happens every year in here.

Folks argue about how we can’t pay Bell AND make any splash signings in FA and I’m supposed to take that seriously?

its like those people saying trade Bell for Cleveland’s first round picks.

..or signing Carlos Hyde.

What the hell are these people thinking?

Yet I’m the delusional one who should be laughed at when having these discussions?

I would argue that tagging Bell and keeping him is as impactful to the team as any FA signing we could make. So by tagging him didn't we already make a major FA move?????

feltdizz
03-14-2018, 02:22 PM
I would argue that tagging Bell and keeping him is as impactful to the team as any FA signing we could make. So by tagging him didn't we already make a major FA move?????

I guess but since he is already on the team it won’t be viewed that way.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-14-2018, 02:25 PM
Steelers FO knows when they have to pull the trigger. It isn't often but it happens. Given their situation..I wouldn't count out something happening at ILB. They can fix S in draft & Wilcox - Golden are insurance until ready. They CAN NOT miss at ILB.

They are doing their due diligence right now at getting a proven player. Their Backup plan is early in draft.
Trading for Kendrick's would actually be the cheaper solution if they can get him for a 5th. We all saw what ILB are getting. You won't get him open market for his base salary. You can trade & rework to lower. Probably looking at others on rosters too.

steeler_george
03-14-2018, 02:44 PM
Steelers FO knows when they have to pull the trigger. It isn't often but it happens. Given their situation..I wouldn't count out something happening at ILB. They can fix S in draft & Wilcox - Golden are insurance until ready. They CAN NOT miss at ILB.

They are doing their due diligence right now at getting a proven player. Their Backup plan is early in draft.
Trading for Kendrick's would actually be the cheaper solution if they can get him for a 5th. We all saw what ILB are getting. You won't get him open market for his base salary. You can trade & rework to lower. Probably looking at others on rosters too.

Unlikely injury to Shazier should cause an unlikely move by the FO..."desperate times call for desperate measures", but I think the market is out of our reach except for maybe a vet, like Timmons willing to take a paycut.

Kendrick's availability might help in depth in a big way!

Northern_Blitz
03-14-2018, 02:57 PM
Unlikely injury to Shazier should cause an unlikely move by the FO..."desperate times call for desperate measures", but I think the market is out of our reach except for maybe a vet, like Timmons willing to take a paycut.

Kendrick's availability might help in depth in a big way!

But, I think that the only way to do that was to let Bell walk when they failed to get a reasonable long term deal by the tag deadline.

Once they tagged him, it meant that there was no room to sign an above average UFA (because UFA's are always overpaid early in the process).

I can't argue with the success they've had using this strategy. I generally think it's a very good strategy. But with Shazier's injury and Bell's reluctance to sign a deal because it only inflates the value of RBs by ~75%, I would have been OK with letting him walk to try to bring in help on D.

Ultimately, I think that the path they're on is still a good one. We'll have to outscore the problems on D and I don't think you can win a SB like that, but they'll still be fun to watch. I think that we need big hits on draft day or lat in UFA to just have an average D.

K Train
03-14-2018, 04:32 PM
Ebron is quietly interesting

Northern_Blitz
03-14-2018, 04:35 PM
Do we almost have to do something at S not that we've cut Mitchell and Golden?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/steelers-officially-release-mitchell-gay-golden-on-wednesday/

Maybe this means that we're seriously considering Sutton at S (or just willing to roll with Wilcox & Davis)

steeler_george
03-14-2018, 04:57 PM

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/steelers-officially-release-mitchell-gay-golden-on-wednesday/

Maybe this means that we're seriously considering Sutton at S (or just willing to roll with Wilcox & Davis)

Wow I thought Golden was golden, sorry had to do it.

He was decent back up S and great on ST.

I guess they are truely satisfied with Wilcox and Dangerfield and Sutton for the time being.

feltdizz
03-14-2018, 05:52 PM
Wow I thought Golden was golden, sorry had to do it.

He was decent back up S and great on ST.

I guess they are truely satisfied with Wilcox and Dangerfield and Sutton for the time being.

Golden was terrible as a back up. Decent in ST’s but nothing special.

we’re definitely not done with the safety position.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-14-2018, 05:55 PM
golden dressed on game day and was a good ST guy

wilcox adds zero

no reason for him to be on the roster at twice the salary

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2018, 06:00 PM
Wilcox is taking up the spot where a useful player could be.

Chadman
03-14-2018, 06:19 PM
Wilcox’s play was actually reasonably decent.

He hit the bench after getting a little...excited...during ST’s. Having him on the roster doesn’t stop the Steelers from adding Safeties both in FA & the draft. But it does give the team cover if the new players are not 100% ready to go.

If Colbert & Tomlin are prepared to let Mitchell & Golden leave, but keep Wilcox- I expect he fits whatever the new DB coach likes in his SS play.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-14-2018, 06:33 PM
his play was so decent he was a healthy scratch down the stretch

yeah, not buying that at all

Slapstick
03-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Wilcox had as many INTs for the Steelers as Mike Mitchell did in the last two seasons...

Eddie Spaghetti
03-14-2018, 06:39 PM
so they both suck

3 million is too much for a player like Wilcox

put that towards someone that can actually play

buccoray61
03-14-2018, 06:43 PM

From what I understand, they are serious about the Sutton to safety move.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-14-2018, 06:48 PM
I will be shocked if they move Sutton to safety. it makes no sense to finally draft someone who shows some ability at CB and them promptly move him

but the steelers braintrust haven't exactly shown themselves to be wizards when it comes to defensive back play so anything is possible I guess

Chadman
03-14-2018, 06:49 PM
Eddie- Wilcox was seeing the field as a back-up SS and ST. He was benched, not for his SS play, but for repeated dumb penalties on ST. I’m not suggesting he’s Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, but his actual safety play wasn’t that bad.

$3m is probably high for an insurance policy, but if they were to extend him for a year..

buccoray61
03-14-2018, 06:51 PM
I will be shocked if they move Sutton to safety. it makes no sense to finally draft someone who shows some ability at CB and them promptly move him

but the steelers braintrust haven't exactly shown themselves to be wizards when it comes to defensive back play

What I read they would move Sutton because they really like what they see in Brian Allen the big corner they drafted from Utah.

Chadman
03-14-2018, 06:51 PM
It wouldn’t surprise me to see Sutton play some FS, but given he is the #1 back-up to the outside CB’s, I can’t see that being a permanent move. What about Allen though?

Eddie Spaghetti
03-14-2018, 06:56 PM
chadman I respect your opinion but I have to disagree

and I certainly don't want to see him extended

hope he balls out in whatever role he has and proves me wrong as it appears we are stuck with him for now

I guess it makes a little more sense if they move Davis to FS as has been reported. I suppose it gives you some insurance to not have to start a rookie like ronnie harrison for example

time will tell

buccoray61
03-14-2018, 06:57 PM
It wouldn’t surprise me to see Sutton play some FS, but given he is the #1 back-up to the outside CB’s, I can’t see that being a permanent move. What about Allen though?
He like 6' 2" and has arm length. He a converted receiver so he's probably still a little raw but they like what he's shown.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-14-2018, 07:04 PM
according to the depot Wilcox played 132 snaps and made 12 tackles while missing 5 which equates to whiffing on 30% of those opportunities

not exactly stellar play for 3 million bucks

Ernie
03-14-2018, 07:05 PM
Allen was my first thought. He's shown some position versatility. He's got length and hands... plus he's used to battling and making breaks on balls from the WR position. Appears to be a great athlete. Doesn't appear he's going to get significant time at CB (unless Sutton moves to Safety). I think he's worth a look back there.

Chadman
03-14-2018, 07:13 PM
chadman I respect your opinion but I have to disagree

and I certainly don't want to see him extended

hope he balls out in whatever role he has and proves me wrong as it appears we are stuck with him for now

I guess it makes a little more sense if they move Davis to FS as has been reported. I suppose it gives you some insurance to not have to start a rookie like ronnie harrison for example

time will tell

Hey Eddie, I’d feel pretty confident that unless they sign a ‘marquee’ FA at SS, then the draft (and likely R1) will be a Safety selection (like Harrison, like Reid). The chances of the Steelers signing a big name FA seem pretty remote, so it’s a pretty safe bet that Wilcox could be the temporary starter until the rookie takes over.

I’d also be interested to see if they could use Wilcox as the LB/SS hybrid type- he’s best known for being a physical type of player.

Slapstick
03-14-2018, 07:18 PM
They may do with Wilcox what they probably should have done in the first place: play him on 3rd downs in a LB/SS hybrid role...Shazier isn’t around to do it any more...that kind of role is where he was really able to excel in Dallas as opposed to the traditional safety role...

Edited to add: Just saw Chadman’s post...

Disco1981
03-14-2018, 07:20 PM
Honey Badger coming for a visit in the morning

Eddie Spaghetti
03-14-2018, 07:20 PM

aww hell yeah

Slapstick
03-14-2018, 07:26 PM
Mathieu said he wants to go to a place where defense and winning are important. Where he can “immerse himself in a culture of football.”

It will be interesting to see if he puts those needs above money...

Chadman
03-14-2018, 07:26 PM
Now that is interesting...

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2018, 08:57 PM
Steelers depot thinks Kendricks is who we go after.

Buzz
03-14-2018, 09:23 PM
They may do with Wilcox what they probably should have done in the first place: play him on 3rd downs in a LB/SS hybrid role...Shazier isn’t around to do it any more...that kind of role is where he was really able to excel in Dallas as opposed to the traditional safety role...

All the brilliant minds on our coaching staff missed this because...???

Slapstick
03-14-2018, 09:31 PM
All the brilliant minds on our coaching staff missed this because...???

Because we needed a safety and we had Ryan Shazier....

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2018, 09:36 PM
Are we going to get a look at CB Delvin Breaux?

I think this would be a good get if we brought him in for a visit. And it wouldn't bust our pockets either.

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2018, 09:37 PM

That doesn't sound too smart by our coaches then.

steelerkeylargo
03-14-2018, 09:46 PM
Williamson is a good LB. If we were signing him to be a starter, $12MM for 4 years would be a bargain, but I don't think we ought to give that kind of money to a backup. And unless they're going to have him replace V. Williams (not likely), he shouldn't be a starter. He's not what we need for the Mack; not that great in coverage. Save the money, and go after someone who can really perform the way we need them to in the Mack role.

Williamson was signed by the Jets. Terms not disclosed.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-14-2018, 09:51 PM
he got 3 years 22 million w 16 guaranteed

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2018, 10:02 PM
he got 3 years 22 million w 16 guaranteed

oh well. Onward we go.

Rara
03-14-2018, 10:37 PM

What?? No way!

....but I'm not seeing that anywhere. Link or source?

Buzz
03-15-2018, 01:05 AM
Why didn't they use Wilcox in the hybrid role after Shazier went down? I think they kept him inactive for most of those games.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-15-2018, 08:02 AM
BTW-Love your Sam Hubbard pick. Is he really being seen as a 3rd round pick? For me, Hubbard was my favorite player on that OSU D.

Sorry Shawn..Missed this. Yeah I had him 3rd before combine because I knew the lacrosse background...So I knew he had the hips to play in space even at that size. After combine workout especially positional drills..He may have 2nd round consideration.

RuthlessBurgher
03-15-2018, 10:21 AM
Mathieu said he wants to go to a place where defense and winning are important. Where he can “immerse himself in a culture of football.”

It will be interesting to see if he puts those needs above money...

Tyrann Mathieu: A winning culture matters more to me than money

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 15, 2018, 6:34 AM EDT

Tyrann Mathieu is an unrestricted free agent, and he says breaking the bank is not his top priority.

Mathieu told Albert Breer of SI.com that when choosing his next team, he’s going to choose the team that he thinks will make him the best player he can be, while playing on the best team he can play on.

“It’s not all about money for me,” he said. “I want to go somewhere where I can be completely immersed in football, and it’s not too much about anything but winning. I want to be a part of winning culture, where you feel that all the time. That’s all I want.”

The Cardinals missed the playoffs the last two years, and now they’ll have a new coaching staff, and so Mathieu declined the team’s request that he take a pay cut. He’ll shop himself, not necessarily to the highest bidder, but to the team where he thinks he’s going to have the best chance to be a big part of a winner.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/15/tyrann-mathieu-a-winning-culture-matters-more-to-me-than-money/

K Train
03-15-2018, 10:31 AM
Tyrann Mathieu "Its not all about money for me"

Sounds like we have a match lol

Slapstick
03-15-2018, 10:37 AM
Why didn't they use Wilcox in the hybrid role after Shazier went down? I think they kept him inactive for most of those games.

Because he probably didn't know that role in the defense...he most likely focused on backing up the safety positions...it isn't as though he was in training camp or OTAs...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-15-2018, 11:02 AM
Well if they find a way to land the Honey Badger & trade for Kenricks or sign a FA ILB...They could really work the draft in their favor.

SteelBucks
03-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Well if they find a way to land the Honey Badger & trade for Kenricks or sign a FA ILB...They could really work the draft in their favor.

Agreed. Filling their two biggest holes through FA would give the team a lot of flexibility in the draft.

SidSmythe
03-15-2018, 12:06 PM
Honey Badger: "I want to win. I'm willing to play cheap to play for a winner. Anyone who wants a cheap player who can help them win I'm there"
Planet Steeler Faithful Word Porn

SteelBucks
03-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Honey Badger: "I want to win. I'm willing to play cheap to play for a winner. Anyone who wants a cheap player who can help them win I'm there"
Planet Steeler Faithful Word Porn

I’m sure cheap and NFL cheap are two very different things. :)

RuthlessBurgher
03-15-2018, 02:03 PM
Steelers bring back Fitzgerald Toussaint

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 15, 2018, 1:23 PM EDT

The restricted free agent market prices some players out of a job, as teams don’t want to commit to the amount of the tender. That doesn’t mean they can’t come back later.

According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, the Steelers have brought back running back Fitzgerald Toussaint.

He was not tendered as an RFA, primarily because it would have cost $1.907 million to keep him. His new deal is probably far closer to the $790,000 minimum for players with three accrued seasons.

He has 44 career rushes for 137 yards, but he’s a known commodity and he’s started in the playoffs for them before, so they obviously thought he was worth keeping around.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/15/steelers-bring-back-fitzgerald-toussaint/

squidkid
03-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Steelers bring back Fitzgerald Toussaint

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 15, 2018, 1:23 PM EDT

The restricted free agent market prices some players out of a job, as teams don’t want to commit to the amount of the tender. That doesn’t mean they can’t come back later.

According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, the Steelers have brought back running back Fitzgerald Toussaint.

He was not tendered as an RFA, primarily because it would have cost $1.907 million to keep him. His new deal is probably far closer to the $790,000 minimum for players with three accrued seasons.

He has 44 career rushes for 137 yards, but he’s a known commodity and he’s started in the playoffs for them before, so they obviously thought he was worth keeping around.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/15/steelers-bring-back-fitzgerald-toussaint/

oh joy...............

Steel Maniac
03-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Browns just cut Jason McCourty!!!

Let's go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-15-2018, 02:46 PM
They get Honey Badger & Kendricks....

Mason Rudolph
Mike Gesicki
OLB or RB

Hmmmmm That would be my plan.

pittpete
03-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Remember, no one thought we had a shot at Haden.....

Buzz
03-15-2018, 05:28 PM
Browns just cut Jason McCourty!!!

Let's go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!
I read that they traded him to the Patriots. Wonder which story is correct?

NorthCoast
03-15-2018, 07:14 PM
Toussaint must have pics of Tomlin dancing on a bar top..... how that guy keeps coming back I'll never know. Then again, could be a camp body....

Steel Maniac
03-15-2018, 07:34 PM
I read that they traded him to the Patriots. Wonder which story is correct?

They ended up trading him instead. But first they said they’d release him. Patriots know he’s get some coin out there so they figure it was cheaper to give up something for him

Steel Maniac
03-15-2018, 07:36 PM
Toussaint must have pics of Tomlin dancing on a bar top..... how that guy keeps coming back I'll never know. Then again, could be a camp body....

Any reports on Conner’s health progress?

pittpete
03-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Any reports on Conner’s health progress?

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-4/Conner-working-his-way-back/f68416d0-392a-46c9-ae5a-5e7e62e0e529
Conner working his way back

steeler_george
03-16-2018, 04:44 AM
Crickets.... You got to love Vance Williams twitter post, "Yinz acting like we really get jiggy in FA. Where y'all been this decade?"

I think the FA opens today, day 3 of FA, for us...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-16-2018, 10:02 AM

Source????? :D

Steel Maniac
03-16-2018, 10:06 AM

hahahahaha

Steel Maniac
03-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Well, were doing what most good organizations do; you let all the bottom feeders shot their wade's early in free agency and then the more stable teams walk in, survey the landscape and then look for bargains.

I hope we give Reid a shot. Pretty obvious that teams are staying away from him because of the kneel down thing so if we swoop in now, I think we can get him at our price. Whatever that price may be.

steeler_george
03-16-2018, 01:04 PM
Well, were doing what most good organizations do; you let all the bottom feeders shot their wade's early in free agency and then the more stable teams walk in, survey the landscape and then look for bargains.

I hope we give Reid a shot. Pretty obvious that teams are staying away from him because of the kneel down thing so if we swoop in now, I think we can get him at our price. Whatever that price may be.

I am not sure that is the case, looks the upper rated $$$ safeties are all still available...Reid, Boston, V( the dude from NO)

squidkid
03-16-2018, 01:07 PM

tomlin cant handle the distractions now, why add this anti american douchebag?

SteelerOfDeVille
03-16-2018, 01:18 PM
which Steeler knelt this year?

feltdizz
03-16-2018, 01:21 PM

Anti American? How gullible can you be?

squidkid
03-16-2018, 01:26 PM

not as gullible as you, obviously

Eddie Spaghetti
03-16-2018, 01:28 PM
couldn't care less about a players politics only how they play ball

Reid is better than any safety currently on the roster and would have no problem if we signed him

Slapstick
03-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Yeah, the Steelers only went 13-3 because Tomlin "can't handle distractions"...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Slapstick
03-16-2018, 01:39 PM

Reid is better than any safety currently on the roster and would have no problem if we signed him

Absolutely! Is he capable of playing championship football?

Heck, I would embrace his politics instead of trying to pretend it doesn't exist...have him team up with Villanueva and come up with a way to do good...

Eddie Spaghetti
03-16-2018, 01:41 PM
don't care about them doing good either

only how they play ball

feltdizz
03-16-2018, 03:40 PM

Damn.. I agree with ES.

RuthlessBurgher
03-16-2018, 04:26 PM

Only squid would suggest that we should inquire about trading for Vontaze Burfict but would question adding an "anti american douchebag" like Eric Reid.

feltdizz
03-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Only squid would suggest that we should inquire about trading for Vontaze Burfict but would question adding an "anti american douchebag" like Eric Reid.

squid is special..

and not in a good way

squidkid
03-16-2018, 04:52 PM
Yeah, the Steelers only went 13-3 because Tomlin "can't handle distractions"...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

howd he do in the playoffs?
oh thats right. its his regular season record that really counts

RuthlessBurgher
03-16-2018, 04:52 PM
squid is special..

and not in a good way

One guy protests brutality and injustice by taking a knee, causing Trump and cronies to snap.

The other guy dishes out brutality and injustice by twisting another player's knee, causing ligaments to snap.

Slapstick
03-16-2018, 04:56 PM
howd he do in the playoffs?
oh thats right. its his regular season record that really counts

If he couldn’t handle distractions, they wouldn’t have MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS!!

squidkid
03-16-2018, 04:59 PM
If he couldn’t handle distractions, they wouldn’t have MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS!!

'yeah, we are the afcn champs'................'thats better than winning a playoff game or two'

clown

Slapstick
03-16-2018, 05:32 PM
'yeah, we are the afcn champs'................'thats better than winning a playoff game or two'

clown

You are a clown if you think Tomlin didn’t “handle distractions”...you’re so full of it...

I can’t believe people bitch about Tiproast while you post the dumbest things...:lol::lol::lol:

Shawn
03-16-2018, 08:21 PM
You are a clown if you think Tomlin didn’t “handle distractions”...you’re so full of it...

I can’t believe people bitch about Tiproast while you post the dumbest things...:lol::lol::lol: Oh they complain about Squid too...and rightfully so.

Captain Lemming
03-16-2018, 10:18 PM
don't care about them doing good either

only how they play ball

Exactly. COULD CARE LESS. I have no illusions I would respect any of them as people.
Just care about the game.

Steel Maniac
03-16-2018, 11:04 PM
Honey badger has signed with the Texans.

SteelBucks
03-16-2018, 11:14 PM
Honey badger has signed with the Texans.

1 year, $7M. Weird contract.

Well so much for that idea. Smh

Steelwolf
03-17-2018, 12:42 AM

Frustrating, Steelers need playmakers on defense and they are sticking to their ways......

Disco1981
03-17-2018, 12:44 AM

If...The Honey Badger did this, You would think/ hope...We could get a decent safety, at a decent price

SteelBucks
03-17-2018, 12:50 AM
If...The Honey Badger did this, You would think/ hope...We could get a decent safety, at a decent price

The next biggest name still available is Tre Boston. The Steelers showed some interest in him last year.

squidkid
03-17-2018, 01:34 AM

I can’t believe people bitch about Tiproast while you post the dumbest things...:lol::lol::lol:

he sure handled bell(several times)
and mitchell
and the anthem protest
and his interview talking about playing the pats and ignoring the jags(only every talking head was making fun of him an saying he was a douche for doing it)

i cant believe grown men( i am lead to believe) can have such a man love infatuation on a certain coach and player

Rara
03-17-2018, 02:46 AM
Enough with the pissing match.... get back on topic.

Mathieu signed with the Texans for a year. Next up, Tre Boston or Kenny Vaccaro.

Disco1981
03-17-2018, 02:49 AM

Mathieu signed with the Texans for a year. Next up, Tre Boston or Kenny Vaccaro.

We're gonna get 1 of those 2...I'm calling it

Captain Lemming
03-17-2018, 09:17 AM
As I suggested Bell money will make us have to settle for less on defense. Can he play runningback rec eiver AND pro bowl caliber safety? Cause that is the only way signing him makes winning that game any more likely

Steel Maniac
03-17-2018, 09:30 AM
Bell will be locked in by the tag. No movement by us whatsoever in free agency (not even management reaching out and requesting a player to visit) tells us that we are really up against it. We haven’t even seen second tier guys.

I’m not expecting any FA movement until after the draft. If then.

steeler_george
03-17-2018, 10:43 AM

Post of the year!

If Honeybadger signed for 7, looks like we can add either one of these two, trade for Kendricks, and still fill up some depth in FA.

feltdizz
03-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Post of the year!

If Honeybadger signed for 7, looks like we can add either one of these two, trade for Kendricks, and still fill up some depth in FA.

I expected him to sign for more money.

I think tr FO waits for the dust to settle before grabbing Boston or Reid.

Buzz
03-17-2018, 12:10 PM
I'm sort of relieved we didn't sign Mathieu. When fully healthy, he was a tremendous player, but there are too many questions about his health and return to form.

Still hope we get more of a FS type, and leave Davis at SS.

steeler_george
03-17-2018, 12:42 PM
I'm sort of relieved we didn't sign Mathieu. When fully healthy, he was a tremendous player, but there are too many questions about his health and return to form.

Still hope we get more of a FS type, and leave Davis at SS.

It is like where i read somewhere, High risk, all in or nothing... I think that is why if we signed him we needed an above average back up as a back up plan.

Buzz
03-17-2018, 12:48 PM
It is like where i read somewhere, High risk, all in or nothing... I think that is why if we signed him we needed an above average back up as a back up plan.
Might explain why the Texans got him for $7M. If you have to invest the $$$ to have "an above average backup," it might be hard to justify paying Mathieu elite-player money.

feltdizz
03-17-2018, 01:34 PM
If Honey Badger signed for 1 year at $7 mill I wonder what we could get for Vaccaro or Boston?

I stil think Reid may be a great fit even though a few people will boycott due to his knee touching the ground.

Slapstick
03-17-2018, 02:53 PM
he sure handled bell(several times)
and mitchell
and the anthem protest
and his interview talking about playing the pats and ignoring the jags(only every talking head was making fun of him an saying he was a douche for doing it)

i cant believe grown men( i am lead to believe) can have such a man love infatuation on a certain coach and player

I assume that you’re talking about the players on the team. That is the only thing you could mean that isn’t complete nonsense.

feltdizz
03-17-2018, 03:25 PM
I assume that you’re talking about the players on the team. That is the only thing you could mean that isn’t complete nonsense.

Squid cant believe Steeler fans love the players and the coach.

This kid man... lol

Steel Maniac
03-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Right now , I’m monitoring what happens with Navarro Bowman.

Buzz
03-17-2018, 08:35 PM
Colts cut DL Jonathan Hankins today. Didn't see that one coming.

steeler_george
03-18-2018, 06:05 AM
Right now , I’m monitoring what happens with Navarro Bowman.

I really never thought about bringing him on board, due to his age and him probably wanting to get paid. But think you are right, I think he has to be shooting up the Steelers FA big board. Another player that we should be looking at, is Suh. He still can play, demanding double teams. He is that run stuffer that Rooney wants, would keep our ILB cleaner and faster. But at what price and how big of a jerk is he?

Colts cut DL Jonathan Hankins today. Didn't see that one coming.

Flavor of the day, first the Honeybadger now him...

This why we don't jump into FA , there are a lot of good players still available that could fit our schemes and strengthen our weaknesses.

squidkid
03-18-2018, 06:32 AM
rumor: whoever we eventually sign is a great a move. whoever we dont, is a great move

Steelwolf
03-18-2018, 10:55 AM
We have agreed to terms with LB Jon Bostic. Acquired from the Colts

steeler_george
03-18-2018, 11:27 AM
We have agreed to terms with LB Jon Bostic. Acquired from the Colts

They caught everyone sleeping, signing him on a Sunday! Maybe we signed him to get Johnathan Hankins telephone number!

RuthlessBurgher
03-19-2018, 02:35 PM
Former Dolphins safety Michael Thomas is supposedly visiting our team facility today:

.@Michael31Thomas is visiting the Pittsburgh Steelers today.

— Alain Poupart (@apoupartFins) March 19, 2018

Steel Maniac
03-19-2018, 03:10 PM
Good depth signing if we can pull it off.

feltdizz
03-19-2018, 03:31 PM
I really never thought about bringing him on board, due to his age and him probably wanting to get paid. But think you are right, I think he has to be shooting up the Steelers FA big board. Another player that we should be looking at, is Suh. He still can play, demanding double teams. He is that run stuffer that Rooney wants, would keep our ILB cleaner and faster. But at what price and how big of a jerk is he?

Flavor of the day, first the Honeybadger now him...

This why we don't jump into FA , there are a lot of good players still available that could fit our schemes and strengthen our weaknesses.
Suh???

Haha.. cmon man, that ain’t happening.

pittpete
03-19-2018, 03:33 PM
Michael Thomas has left Pittsburgh without a contract
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/975816017862643713/4wvB_bno?format=jpg&name=600x314

RuthlessBurgher
03-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Michael Thomas was one of three Dolphins players last year to kneel for the Star Spangled Banner prior to their London game (but stood up for God Save the Queen). If the team was interested enough in Thomas to bring him in for a visit, I think that is promising for those of us who would like to see the team sign Eric Reid.

pittpete
03-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Screw all that, if the guy is a player you overlook that stuff.
Thomas is a special teams ace and thats all he'd bring to the team IMO...

steeler_george
03-19-2018, 05:16 PM
Screw all that, if the guy is a player you overlook that stuff.
Thomas is a special teams ace and thats all he'd bring to the team IMO...

That is now 2 special team players brought in, him and Slater. I think we brought in Slater on Saturday, and signed Bostic on Sunday, are we signing a player tomorrow?

Steel Maniac
03-19-2018, 11:56 PM
I think the question needs to be asked why we haven’t looked at Reid.

steeler_george
03-20-2018, 04:24 AM
That is now 2 special team players brought in, him and Slater. I think we brought in Slater on Saturday, and signed Bostic on Sunday, are we signing a player tomorrow?

Stop the press, we are signing Morgan Freeman! Opps, I mean Morgen Burnett!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/report-steelers-expected-to-sign-ex-packers-safety-morgan-burnett-tuesday/

By the way how do you post links here?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-20-2018, 10:25 AM
I think the question needs to be asked why we haven’t looked at Reid.

.....Or Boston.....or Vaccaro.......or Burnett. Considering that they brought in Thomas, the Reid blackball angle is a dead end.

Steel Maniac
03-20-2018, 10:28 AM
Well, we are going to get Burnett. But adding another would be nice. Maybe I"m being greedy.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-20-2018, 10:33 AM
.....Or Boston.....or Vaccaro.......or Burnett. Considering that they brought in Thomas, the Reid blackball angle is a dead end.

I stand corrected. I see that they did check in on Burnett...and looks like he is signed.

squidkid
03-20-2018, 01:21 PM
Michael Thomas has left Pittsburgh without a contract
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/975816017862643713/4wvB_bno?format=jpg&name=600x314

good...... POS

Steel Maniac
03-20-2018, 03:51 PM
Hahaha..

Squid, open your inbox. I sent you something.

squidkid
03-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Hahaha..

Squid, open your inbox. I sent you something.

got it............i'll still play the game tho............lol

Steel Maniac
03-20-2018, 03:59 PM
:thumbsup:

squidkid
03-20-2018, 04:23 PM
rumor: whoever we eventually sign is a great a move. whoever we dont, is a great move

lol............nailed it