PDA

View Full Version : RuthlessBurgher's Initial Offseason Mock Draft 1.0 prior to the Combine

RuthlessBurgher
02-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Although I still want the team to try to do whatever it takes to be able to move up in the first round and obtain Georgia LB Roquan Smith, I'll provide my initial pre-Combine full mock draft without any projected trades. Here goes...

1. FS Justin Reid, Stanford 6'1" 204 lbs.
2. DT Tim Settle, Virginia Tech 6'2" 335 lbs.
3. LB Darius Leonard, South Carolina State 6'2" 229 lbs.
5a. SS Terrell Edmunds, Virginia Tech 6'2" 220 lbs.
5b. LB Shaquem Griffin, Central Florida 6'0" 222 lbs.
7a. RB Darrel Williams, LSU 5'11" 229 lbs.
7b. OT Brett Toth, Army 6'6" 306 lbs.

steeler_george
02-28-2018, 12:14 PM
Really? I was expecting more out of your mock!

Buzz
02-28-2018, 12:36 PM
I like it, but I hope we don't have to spend a first-rounder on Reid. I had him going to us in the second (which may be too late to get him). I'm with you on Leonard!

RuthlessBurgher
02-28-2018, 12:56 PM
I like it, but I hope we don't have to spend a first-rounder on Reid. I had him going to us in the second (which may be too late to get him). I'm with you on Leonard!

I would love Reid in the second as well (see my current sig below with the Roquan Smith trade), but he seems like more of a late-first, early-second type of guy who could rise after the Combine and Pro Day. In my first mock last year, I had us targeting T.J. Watt in round 2, and whattaya know, we ended up with him in round 1, and I could see something similar happening with someone like Reid.

Late 3rd seems like a good spot for a talented prospect from a small school like Darius Leonard from South Carolina State. Two drafts ago, we took Javon Hargrave from the same school with pick 3.89, so I could see us targeting Leonard this year with pick 3.92.

RuthlessBurgher
02-28-2018, 01:01 PM

1. ILB Roquan Smith
2. RB Saquon Barkley
3. CB/S Minkah Fitzpatrick
5a. OG Quinton Nelson
5b. OLB Tremaine Edmunds
7a. SS Derwin James
7b. DT Vita Vea

Better? ;)

steeler_george
02-28-2018, 01:09 PM
1. ILB Roquan Smith
2. RB Saquon Barkley
5a. OG Quinton Nelson
5b. OLB Tremaine Edmunds
7a. SS Derwin James
7b. DT Vita Vea

Better? ;)

No way they get past the Bengels and Ravens. They always steal or picks under our nose!

Disco1981
02-28-2018, 01:37 PM
1. ILB Roquan Smith
2. RB Saquon Barkley
5a. OG Quinton Nelson
5b. OLB Tremaine Edmunds
7a. SS Derwin James
7b. DT Vita Vea

Better? ;)

What...No TE or WR depth?

Iron City Inc.
02-28-2018, 01:39 PM
Although I still want the team to try to do whatever it takes to be able to move up in the first round and obtain Georgia LB Roquan Smith, I'll provide my initial pre-Combine full mock draft without any projected trades. Here goes...

Griffin is an amazing story. He would be welcome here big time but wherever he gets selected I'm a fan of his.

Shawn
02-28-2018, 01:56 PM
1. ILB Roquan Smith
2. RB Saquon Barkley
5a. OG Quinton Nelson
5b. OLB Tremaine Edmunds
7a. SS Derwin James
7b. DT Vita Vea

Better? ;) That's perfect. Good job Ruth!

Rara
02-28-2018, 02:29 PM
Nice mock...does anyone get the feeling they see a name and it just sticks out? I'm getting that feeling with Darius Leonard and Terrell Edmunds

Oviedo
02-28-2018, 03:41 PM

Nice job. I live 2 miles from the UCF campus and I have met Griffin several times. IMO opinion he is not going to be able to play LB in the NFL. He is really Safety size but doesn't have NFL speed for that position. I see him as a 7th round pick or UDFA who may carve out a niche as a special teams ace

steelerkeylargo
02-28-2018, 04:19 PM

I think we will need to come up for Settle. He will be a top 50 player I think. Closest thing I've seen to Casey Hampton. That thin frame of Leonard's worries me at the 3 spot. As much as I love his story Shaq Griffin will never be more than a Special teamer and backup.

Steel Maniac
02-28-2018, 06:01 PM

Me too. I'll wait and give him a couple of weeks to try again.

Steel Maniac
02-28-2018, 06:03 PM
1. ILB Roquan Smith
2. RB Saquon Barkley
5a. OG Quinton Nelson
5b. OLB Tremaine Edmunds
7a. SS Derwin James
7b. DT Vita Vea

Better? ;)

LOL. If only.................

steeler_george
03-01-2018, 08:31 AM

Ruth, Maybe you are on to something. After Colbert's presser, it sounds as if the top ILB ( impact) are going to be gone by the time we draft in the first round, and the true value is in round 2-4. Add in roll-over cap saving and cuts, we might have the $$$ to sign the top FA ILB.

MeetJoeGreene
03-01-2018, 08:34 AM
That is an excellent mock draft.

RuthlessBurgher
03-01-2018, 11:17 AM
That is an excellent mock draft.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/54903357/bet-thats-what-you-say-to-all-the-boys.jpg

Steel Maniac
03-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Look at what Colbert is saying:

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Pittsburgh-Steelers-wont-rule-out-drafting-a-quarterback-in-2018-115659190

RuthlessBurgher
03-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Look at what Colbert is saying:

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Pittsburgh-Steelers-wont-rule-out-drafting-a-quarterback-in-2018-115659190

You shouldn't completely rule out drafting any position entirely. You never know how the draft board will fall in front of you, so you have to prepare yourself for anything. If a guy who you think could be your future franchise QB suddenly unexpectedly falls into your lap, it helps to have done your homework beforehand.

When crafting my mock, I was aiming to address some of our more immediate needs on defense first, but if I was actually in the draft room and a player like Ohio State C/G Billy Price were available at #28, I might be tempted to go that route with my first pick instead, using Price to replace Hubbard as utility depth in 2018, then as a replacement for Ramon Foster in 2019 after his contract ends, and possibly even taking over for Pouncey the year in 2020 if we are unable re-sign him after his current contact expires.

Steel Maniac
03-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Your right Ruth; As a good GM, your suppose to be ready for all situations because a stud can fall to you at any position. And considering how many QB's are projected to go in the first round of the draft, I feel very, very good about a stud falling to us. Yeah, I want to solve our ILB problem but I definitely think a stud at another position is going to get to us and just because of the quality of the guy, we are going to have to take him and go ILB in round two. I just hope the stud is on the defensive side of the ball.

Steel Maniac
03-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Well, Colts have moved on from Frank Gore officially so the first chess piece has been moved; gotta think Barkley falls no further than the Colts now. So if Browns want him, they better take him at # 1. Love this game.

feltdizz
03-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Well, Colts have moved on from Frank Gore officially so the first chess piece has been moved; gotta think Barkley falls no further than the Colts now. So if Browns want him, they better take him at # 1. Love this game.

just read the Browns aren't in love with any of the QB's so Barkley is going to be their pick more than likely. They can pick a QB at 4 or continue to be idiots and wait until the second to draft a back up

RuthlessBurgher
03-01-2018, 01:27 PM
just read the Browns aren't in love with any of the QB's so Barkley is going to be their pick more than likely. They can pick a QB at 4 or continue to be idiots and wait until the second to draft a back up

So something like RB Barkley to CLE at 1, then maybe QB Rosen to NYG at 2, DE Chubb to IND at 3, and possibly QB Darnold to CLE at 4?

Steel Maniac
03-01-2018, 01:34 PM
So something like RB Barkley to CLE at 1, then maybe QB Rosen to NYG at 2, DE Chubb to IND at 3, and possibly QB Darnold to CLE at 4?

Sounds good but because of these teams having idiot front offices, there will be a team or two that does something illogical.

Oviedo
03-01-2018, 01:47 PM

If CLE takes Barkley at #1, I see NYG doing everything possible to trade down. They need RB and OL and no one on the board is worth the #2. The may decide to go with Chubb to try to recreate the real DLs that helped them win their recent Super Bowls. If they dump Eli Apple then CB also could be an option.

I don't see them taking a QB. They still like Eli and they just drafted Davis Webb with a 3rd Round pick and from what I read they feel he has potential.

feltdizz
03-01-2018, 02:29 PM

that would make the most sense...

but it's the Browns.

feltdizz
03-01-2018, 02:51 PM
If CLE takes Barkley at #1, I see NYG doing everything possible to trade down. They need RB and OL and no one on the board is worth the #2. The may decide to go with Chubb to try to recreate the real DLs that helped them win their recent Super Bowls. If they dump Eli Apple then CB also could be an option.

I don't see them taking a QB. They still like Eli and they just drafted Davis Webb with a 3rd Round pick and from what I read they feel he has potential.

yeah, I read they were still in love with Eli but that seems dumb at this point in his career.

RuthlessBurgher
03-01-2018, 04:38 PM
You shouldn't completely rule out drafting any position entirely. You never know how the draft board will fall in front of you, so you have to prepare yourself for anything. If a guy who you think could be your future franchise QB suddenly unexpectedly falls into your lap, it helps to have done your homework beforehand.

When crafting my mock, I was aiming to address some of our more immediate needs on defense first, but if I was actually in the draft room and a player like Ohio State C/G Billy Price were available at #28, I might be tempted to go that route with my first pick instead, using Price to replace Hubbard as utility depth in 2018, then as a replacement for Ramon Foster in 2019 after his contract ends, and possibly even taking over for Pouncey the year in 2020 if we are unable re-sign him after his current contact expires.

I mention an interest in Ohio State C/G Billy Price this morning, and then he goes out and hurts himself in the bench press this afternoon. Sucks for the kid, but if he did tear a muscle in his shoulder or pec and that drops his draft stock out of the first round because teams fear he may need a medical redshirt rookie year (similar to one of my favorites in last year's draft, Washington CB Sidney Jones), I'd be interested in him with a later pick, because we have Ramon Foster for 1 more year, and this kid should be physically ready to go again by the time Foster's contract is up.

OL prospect Billy Price suffers apparent injury during combine bench press

Posted by Josh Alper on March 1, 2018, 2:43 PM EST

One of the top-ranked offensive linemen in this year’s draft class appears to have suffered an injury at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis on Thursday.

According to multiple reports, Ohio State interior lineman Billy Price stopped his bench press after a few reps. Price then walked off while grabbing at his left shoulder/pectoral.

Price was a four-year starter for the Buckeyes and saw time at left guard, right guard and center during his time in Columbus. He spent the 2017 season at center and was named both a first-team All-American and the Rimington Trophy winner as the best center in college football.

Price has been projected to come off the board during the first two days of the draft. An injury could alter that perception, although any speculation on that front will have to wait for further word about what happened on Thursday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/01/ol-prospect-billy-price-suffers-apparent-injury-during-combine-bench-press/

Rara
03-01-2018, 07:02 PM
I mention an interest in Ohio State C/G Billy Price this morning, and then he goes out and hurts himself in the bench press this afternoon. Sucks for the kid, but if he did tear a muscle in his shoulder or pec and that drops his draft stock out of the first round because teams fear he may need a medical redshirt rookie year (similar to one of my favorites in last year's draft, Washington CB Sidney Jones), I'd be interested in him with a later pick, because we have Ramon Foster for 1 more year, and this kid should be physically ready to go again by the time Foster's contract is up.

If he is predicted to be gone in the first two days..he can be had in the mid rounds without wasting our first.

Oviedo
03-02-2018, 10:56 AM
yeah, I read they were still in love with Eli but that seems dumb at this point in his career.

I disagree. Give him a good RB and a decent OL so he isn't getting killed and I think you have a top 25% of the NFL QB for several more years. Eli was getting destroyed last year and for a QB that isn't mobile he had no chance.

The Giants went all overboard in free agency year before last and as a result they created major issues on their offense. Lesson learned for those who want us to sell out going after defense

Oviedo
03-02-2018, 10:57 AM

The "Ruthless Jinx?"

Buzz
03-02-2018, 11:29 AM
I disagree. Give him a good RB and a decent OL so he isn't getting killed and I think you have a top 25% of the NFL QB for several more years. Eli was getting destroyed last year and for a QB that isn't mobile he had no chance.

The Giants went all overboard in free agency year before last and as a result they created major issues on their offense. Lesson learned for those who want us to sell out going after defense
Don't need to go "overboard" like the Giants did, but getting a key defensive player or two in FA could help this team greatly. The much larger share of our cap space is still going to the offensive side (especially if we re-sign Bell).

DrCalculus
03-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Todd Haley must know what a multi-talented threat Joshua Dobbs is going to become in the very near future after working with him last year. Steelers should be able to take advantage of that. I say trade him to the Browns for the 1st and 4th picks in the draft. :D

Real Deal Steel
03-02-2018, 04:49 PM

I watched the combine today featuring the runningbacks and if Barkley isn't there for the Giants, they should definitely look to get out of #2 spot and pick up some picks. Because there are 7 runningbacks who look really good. And considering the NFL leading rusher was a 3rd round pick last year, I feel good if we want to go runningback in the 2nd round.

Iron City Inc.
03-02-2018, 05:00 PM
I watched the combine today featuring the runningbacks and if Barkley isn't there for the Giants, they should definitely look to get out of #2 spot and pick up some picks. Because there are 7 runningbacks who look really good. And considering the NFL leading rusher was a 3rd round pick last year, I feel good if we want to go runningback in the 2nd round.

If Browns went Barkley or they trade out of 1 and the team moving up goes Barkley I'm thinking Giants get the QB of their choice and likely make their qb selection right there.

Northern_Blitz
03-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Todd Haley must know what a multi-talented threat Joshua Dobbs is going to become in the very near future after working with him last year. Steelers should be able to take advantage of that. I say trade him to the Browns for the 1st and 4th picks in the draft. :D

I think we might have to throw Bryant in to get the 1st and the 4th.

buccoray61
03-02-2018, 06:29 PM
That's perfect. Good job Ruth!

I've been hearing OSU's Jerome Baker as a possible 2nd rounder for the Steelers. What's your take on him?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-03-2018, 10:50 AM

Living in Toronto we get radio from Buffalo. They were talking a lot about this yesterday as many had him linked to the Bills. Their long-time C, Eric Wood, retired this off-season

Iron City Inc.
03-03-2018, 11:11 AM
The injury is not season ending from what came out later more like 4-5 months so he could and should still go high. By high likely between 20 and 50 depending on the medical.

steeler_george
03-04-2018, 08:03 AM
I've been hearing OSU's Jerome Baker as a possible 2nd rounder for the Steelers. What's your take on him?

I read that he had an informal meeting with the Steelers. Reports are that he might sneak in the first round. He is suppose to have fast side line to side line speed, good in coverage, but a bit undersized.

Are we looking to add a new scheme on D where we could utilize him as a hybrid LB/S...

Steel Maniac
03-04-2018, 01:07 PM
With Baker, he seems like the type of player that indeed could be that hybrid. And pull it off too. Provided Butler has a clear vision of his deployment in the defense.

Slapstick
03-04-2018, 01:32 PM
I read that he had an informal meeting with the Steelers. Reports are that he might sneak in the first round. He is suppose to have fast side line to side line speed, good in coverage, but a bit undersized.

Are we looking to add a new scheme on D where we could utilize him as a hybrid LB/S...

That sounds perfect for a Mack LB...

K Train
03-05-2018, 01:37 PM

Loving me some Darius Lenoard

Steel Maniac
03-05-2018, 06:04 PM
That draft would leave us devoid of an ILB. But other then that, a good draft.

RuthlessBurgher
03-06-2018, 11:22 AM
That draft would leave us devoid of an ILB. But other then that, a good draft.

Darius Leonard and Shaquem Griffin both project as a Will OLB if drafted by a 4-3 team or a Mack ILB if drafted by a 3-4 team. We are in the market for a 3-4 Mack ILB to replace Shazier, so I suggested drafting two of them and letting them fight it out in camp.

Slapstick
03-06-2018, 11:33 AM
Darius Leonard and Shaquem Griffin both project as a Will OLB if drafted by a 4-3 team or a Mack ILB if drafted by a 3-4 team. We are in the market for a 3-4 Mack ILB to replace Shazier, so I suggested drafting two of them and letting them fight it out in camp.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Ryan-Shazier-gives-props-to-Shaquem-Griffin-115840313

Steel Maniac
03-06-2018, 01:25 PM
Stop the madness......................

Griffin? Really?? Stop.

Why don't you just go and buy some condoms that have holes in them too. :rolleyes:

RuthlessBurgher
03-06-2018, 03:34 PM
My first mock draft 1.0 immediately before Combine weekend had no trades.

My second mock draft 2.0 immediately after Combine weekend will feature a Polamalu-like trade-up to get a true difference maker for the middle of our defense.

Use the early picks to fill our biggest holes on defense with a couple of potential day one starters, then use those day three picks for offensive depth.

Offer picks 1.28 & 3.92 plus WR Martavis Bryant to move up into the teens.

1. Georgia ILB Roquan Smith 6'1" 236
2. Stanford FS Justin Reid 6'1" 204
5a. Miami TE Christopher Herndon 6'4" 253
5b. Boise St. WR Cedrick Wilson 6'2" 197
7a. LSU RB Darrel Williams 6'0" 225
7b. Army OT Brett Toth 6'6" 291

Buzz
03-06-2018, 03:38 PM

Griffin? Really?? Stop.

Why don't you just go and buy some condoms that have holes in them too. :rolleyes:

I like Ruthless' idea ... have Leonard and Griffin square off in camp ... if Griffin doesn't have what it takes to be a starter at ILB, he would still push Leonard to play his best, and he could still be a stud on special teams. Then we could maybe cut loose someone like DHB and free up a bit more money.

steeler_george
03-07-2018, 01:33 PM

Griffin? Really?? Stop.

And I was starting to think, "am I that heartless" and don't see why everyone is gushing and wanting him. He is an athlete, tore up the combine, but I agree come on now...

feltdizz
03-07-2018, 01:59 PM

Griffin? Really?? Stop.

Have you seen him play?

I thought the same thing but the guy was always around the ball and in the backfield making plays. If he is there in the 3rd or 4th round I would take him. He's going to be a special teams demon for whoever takes him. He absolutely destroys some tacklers in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvVPdvq6thI

Keep joking his condition though, I'm sure he hasn't heard a bunch of jokes about his hand already.

steeler_george
03-07-2018, 01:59 PM
My first mock draft 1.0 immediately before Combine weekend had no trades.

My second mock draft 2.0 immediately after Combine weekend will feature a Polamalu-like trade-up to get a true difference maker for the middle of our defense.

Use the early picks to fill our biggest holes on defense with a couple of potential day one starters, then use those day three picks for offensive depth.

Offer picks 1.28 & 3.92 plus WR Martavis Bryant to move up into the teens.

1. Georgia ILB Roquan Smith 6'1" 236
2. Stanford FS Justin Reid 6'1" 204
5a. Miami TE Christopher Herndon 6'4" 253
5b. Boise St. WR Cedrick Wilson 6'2" 197
7a. LSU RB Darrel Williams 6'0" 225
7b. Army OT Brett Toth 6'6" 291

Would you do that to land Derwin James instead? and take a ILB round 2?

feltdizz
03-07-2018, 02:07 PM
And I was starting to think, "am I that heartless" and don't see why everyone is gushing and wanting him. He is an athlete, tore up the combine, but I agree come on now...

watch the video.

if you haven't seen him play then I understand why you would think this was a combine workout feel good story but he was a stand out on defense and was defensive player of the year in his conference in 2016.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/shaquem-griffin-1.html

He is missing a hand, not a foot. The guy can move, he's strong as hell and he gets after it.

Only thing that's ridiculous is people still doubting him.

Steel Maniac
03-07-2018, 02:44 PM
watch the video.

if you haven't seen him play then I understand why you would think this was a combine workout feel good story but he was a stand out on defense and was defensive player of the year in his conference in 2016.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/shaquem-griffin-1.html

He is missing a hand, not a foot. The guy can move, he's strong as hell and he gets after it.

Only thing that's ridiculous is people still doubting him.

You are waaaaay gone...

I'm not drafting a linebacker without a hand!!!!! Gzzzz

You need hands to tackle; it's just not wrapping your arms around somebody. It's grabbing on to after the warp!

:rolleyes:

Slapstick
03-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Yeah, clearly he has a problem tackling...:rolleyes:

feltdizz
03-07-2018, 03:59 PM
You are waaaaay gone...

I'm not drafting a linebacker without a hand!!!!! Gzzzz

You need hands to tackle; it's just not wrapping your arms around somebody. It's grabbing on to after the warp!

:rolleyes:

there are definitely times you need a hand to tackle. However, proper form tackling doesn’t require 2 hands. It’s helmet up and shoulder driving into a player while wrapping up.

Thhe guy had 92 tackles and 11 sacks 2 years ago.

He had 12 tackles, 3.5 for a loss and 1.5 sacks vs Auburn and was named defensive mvp in the Chik Fil A bowl.

Apparently he can tackle. Dude is Shazier without a hand. If he is there in the 4th or 5th we better take him. He will make plays.

Steel Maniac
03-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Yeah, clearly he has a problem tackling...:rolleyes:

We are not in college anymore Toto.. this is the NFL.

We are not drafting a linebacker with no hand. :rolleyes:

Steel Maniac
03-07-2018, 04:13 PM
there are definitely times you need a hand to tackle. However, proper form tackling doesn’t require 2 hands. It’s helmet up and shoulder driving into a player while wrapping up.

He had 12 tackles, 3.5 for a loss and 1.5 sacks vs Auburn and was named defensive mvp in the Chik Fil A bowl.

Apparently he can tackle. Dude is Shazier without a hand. If he is there in the 4th or 5th we better take him. He will make plays.

In the 5th round ? That’s fine. We get special team players in the 5th round. That’s fine

winwithd
03-07-2018, 04:44 PM

I was thinking Troy Polamalu minus a hand while watching another highlight video of him.

feltdizz
03-07-2018, 04:51 PM
I was thinking Troy Polamalu minus a hand while watching another highlight video of him.

I’m willing to bet these guys laughing at him have never seen him play.

First off, UCF’s fans and stadium is crazy loud on TV for such a small stadium.

Every time that defense needed a play this guy seemed to make it or be in the mix. He is explosive, has amazing closing speed and has a Hugh motor.

I didnt even realize he was missing a hand at first. Then I had the same doubts thinking he got lucky but the WHOLE game they kept calling his name and he kept making plays behind the LOS.

Part of the problem with the combine is some folks don’t watch college ball so when they see a player with a great work out get buzz they think it’s just gimmicks or a feel good story.

This is kid has the tape to prove it.

feltdizz
03-07-2018, 04:54 PM
In the 5th round ? That’s fine. We get special team players in the 5th round. That’s fine

He more than a ST player but he will make plays on ST’s his first year.

The guy can play. We will hear about him next year. I guarantee it and it won’t be just because he beat the odds. He is going to beat the hell out of some QB’s and RB’s in sub packages.

If he had both hands he would be a first or second rounder easily.

Steel Maniac
03-07-2018, 07:01 PM
He more than a ST player but he will make plays on ST’s his first year.

The guy can play. We will hear about him next year. I guarantee it and it won’t be just because he beat the odds. He is going to beat the hell out of some QB’s and RB’s in sub packages.

If he had both hands he would be a first or second rounder easily.

If my aunt had a package, She'd be my uncle.

IF, IF, IF,...

lmfao!!

Slapstick
03-07-2018, 10:15 PM
We are not in college anymore Toto.. this is the NFL.

We are not drafting a linebacker with no hand. :rolleyes:

Because you tackle differently in the NFL than you do in college...:rolleyes:

feltdizz
03-07-2018, 10:16 PM
If my aunt had a package, She'd be my uncle.

IF, IF, IF,...

lmfao!!

he’s about to play in the NFL.

how far did you get playing football with 2 hands?

feltdizz
03-07-2018, 10:18 PM

You didn’t know? Auburn players go down much easier than any other team in the SEC.

These folks take pride in their ignorance.

Chadman
03-07-2018, 11:04 PM
Who upset Felt so much while I was in hiatus? He used to be such a pleasant fellow...

All I’ll say is this- in a game where 215lb LB’s don’t make it because they are too small, 5’8” WR’s don’t generally dominate because they are too short, RB’s that run 4.8 instead 4.6 over 40 yards are too slow to play in the pro’s....the chances of a guy with 1 hand have to be even less likely.

Don’t get me wrong- it’d a be an AMAZING story if he works out. But, much like Shazier playing football again, I’m going to need to be convinced.

feltdizz
03-07-2018, 11:26 PM
Who upset Felt so much while I was in hiatus? He used to be such a pleasant fellow...

All I’ll say is this- in a game where 215lb LB’s don’t make it because they are too small, 5’8” WR’s don’t generally dominate because they are too short, RB’s that run 4.8 instead 4.6 over 40 yards are too slow to play in the pro’s....the chances of a guy with 1 hand have to be even less likely.

Don’t get me wrong- it’d a be an AMAZING story if he works out. But, much like Shazier playing football again, I’m going

hto need to be convinced.

Answer one question

have you watched 1 UFC game this year?

Oviedo
03-07-2018, 11:39 PM
I’m willing to bet these guys laughing at him have never seen him play.

First off, UCF’s fans and stadium is crazy loud on TV for such a small stadium.

Every time that defense needed a play this guy seemed to make it or be in the mix. He is explosive, has amazing closing speed and has a Hugh motor.

I didnt even realize he was missing a hand at first. Then I had the same doubts thinking he got lucky but the WHOLE game they kept calling his name and he kept making plays behind the LOS.

Part of the problem with the combine is some folks don’t watch college ball so when they see a player with a great work out get buzz they think it’s just gimmicks or a feel good story.

This is kid has the tape to prove it.

I saw pretty much every game he played the last two years and all the home games in person. Griffin's success is totally based on speed. When someone was locked up on him he usually got controlled because he couldn't win the hand fight battle for obvious reasons. He isn't going to be able to do than in the NFL. I think he coukld become a special teams ace for a long career but IMO he will never be a full time NFL starter. If you can get him in Round 6-7 it would be worth the risk, but he is going to be a long shot

feltdizz
03-08-2018, 12:16 AM
I saw pretty much every game he played the last two years and all the home games in person. Griffin's success is totally based on speed. When someone was locked up on him he usually got controlled because he couldn't win the hand fight battle for obvious reasons. He isn't going to be able to do than in the NFL. I think he coukld become a special teams ace for a long career but IMO he will never be a full time NFL starter. If you can get him in Round 6-7 it would be worth the risk, but he is going to be a long shot

I agree he is a late rounder but I don’t think he is a long shot. He has speed that makes him ripe for ST’s but I also think he can be used like Hilton as a blitzed in sub packages on passing downs.

Steel Maniac
03-08-2018, 01:36 AM

Slap, Your wrong so often there isn’t any need to respond to you. Lol.

But Feltz, I’m a little surprised by this Griffin talk from you. The guy is not going to be that great at the nfl level with one hand. Do I hope he gets drafted? He’ll yeah cause I love his story. But he’ll be a great special teams guy ( hopefully) in the NFL. Period.

Slapstick
03-08-2018, 06:49 AM

And, yet, here you are responding to me...so I’m clearly right.

In what way do you tackle differently in the NFL?

feltdizz
03-08-2018, 08:38 AM

But Feltz, I’m a little surprised by this Griffin talk from you. The guy is not going to be that great at the nfl level with one hand. Do I hope he gets drafted? He’ll yeah cause I love his story. But he’ll be a great special teams guy ( hopefully) in the NFL. Period.

I said he would be an instant ST upgrade and he could be a blitzer on obvious pass down.

I never said take him with the first pick.

Steel Maniac
03-08-2018, 10:08 AM
I said he would be an instant ST upgrade and he could be a blitzer on obvious pass down.

I never said take him with the first pick.

Okey dookie

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2018, 11:27 AM
All this hullabaloo for a guy that I projected with a late 5th round pick...

Slapstick
03-08-2018, 11:35 AM
All this hullabaloo for a guy that I projected with a late 5th round pick...

Yeah, but he only has one hand. And it drastically affected his play in college, right? And it would drastically affect his play in the NFL. Because you tackle differently.

THAT is what is important here...

feltdizz
03-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Yeah, but he only has one hand. And it drastically affected his play in college, right? And it would drastically affect his play in the NFL. Because you tackle differently.

THAT is what is important here...

don't forget about the holes in the condom

Slapstick
03-08-2018, 12:10 PM
don't forget about the holes in the condom

We can't lose sight of what is important...

RuthlessBurgher
03-14-2018, 12:09 PM
RuthlessBurgher's Mock Draft 3.0 prior to the official opening of Free Agency

Back to the original no-trade model.

1.28 LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise St. 6'4" 256
2.60 C/G Billy Price, Ohio St. 6'4" 305
3.92 FS Jessie Bates III, Wake Forest 6'1" 200
5.148 LB Oren Burks, Vanderbilt 6'3" 233
5.165 TE Christopher Herndon, Miami 6'4" 253
7.220 RB Ito Smith, Southern Miss 5'9" 201
7.246 FS Armani Watts, Texas A&M 5'11" 202

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2018, 12:41 PM
other then the first pick, i would be kinda dissapointed in that draft.

steeler_george
03-14-2018, 01:14 PM

I like it a lot! ( In a Dumb and Dumber voice)

I want a LVE and Bates duo!
I also want us to grab depth at G/C early.
Add in more depth at LB!

Oviedo
03-14-2018, 01:58 PM
And, yet, here you are responding to me...so I’m clearly right.

In what way do you tackle differently in the NFL?

Ha Ha Ha...SM just let himself get played by responding

Oviedo
03-14-2018, 01:59 PM

Curious whether you would consider Marcus Allen from PSU over Bates. I think the former is a stronger tackler and he plays the ball well

RuthlessBurgher
03-14-2018, 02:10 PM
Marcus Allen seems to share too many on-field traits with Mike Mitchell (both positive and negative, except without the bravado). I'm not looking to replace Mike Mitchell with another younger version of Mike Mitchell.

RuthlessBurgher
03-15-2018, 02:44 PM
My Initial Full First Round NFL Mock Draft 1.0 on the first full day of the official free agent signing period.

I'm projecting one trade. Buffalo giving both of its first round picks (12 & 22) to Cleveland to move up to #4.

1. Cleveland Browns QB Sam Darnold
2. New York Giants RB Saquon Barkley
3. Indianapolis Colts DE Bradley Chubb
4. Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen
5. Denver Broncos QB Josh Rosen
6. New York Jets QB Baker Mayfield
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB/S Minkah Fitzpatrick
8. Chicago Bears CB Denzel Ward
9. San Francisco 49ers S Derwin James
10. Oakland Raiders LB Tremaine Edmunds
11. Miami Dolphins OG Quinton Nelson
12. Cleveland Browns OT Mike McGlinchey
13. Washington Redskins DT Vita Vea
14. Green Bay Packers CB Jaire Alexander
15. Arizona Cardinals WR Calvin Ridley
16. Baltimore Ravens WR D.J. Moore
17. Los Angeles Chargers DT De'Ron Payne
18. Seattle Seahawks OG Will Hernandez
19. Dallas Cowboys LB Roquan Smith
20. Detroit Lions DT Taven Bryan
21. Cincinnati Bengals C/G Isaiah Wynn
22. Cleveland Browns DT Maurice Hurst
23. Los Angeles Rams DE Marcus Davenport
24. Carolina Panthers OT Connor Williams
25. Tennessee Titans C/G James Daniels
26. Atlanta Falcons CB Mike Hughes
27. New Orleans Saints WR D.J. Chark
28. Pittsburgh Steelers LB Leighton Vander Esch
29. Jacksonville Jaguars QB Lamar Jackson
30. Minnesota Vikings CB Joshua Jackson
31. New England Patriots DE Harold Landry
32. Philadelphia Eagles WR Courtland Sutton

steeler_george
03-16-2018, 05:02 AM
Ruthless, you impress me time after time on here, where do you find the time!

Steel Maniac
03-16-2018, 09:59 AM
Love Ruth's effort. But I think the Bills will trade up with the Colts.

williar
03-16-2018, 10:10 AM
I am convinced Rosen will go number #2 to the Giants. I actually like Rosen, I'm still not seeing what everyone is seeing in Darnold, but since he won't have to play right away that will be good for him. Barkley will go #3 to the Colts. Baker Mayfield (the best QB in the draft) will go to the Jets.

feltdizz
03-16-2018, 10:17 AM
I am convinced Rosen will go number #2 to the Giants. I actually like Rosen, I'm still not seeing what everyone is seeing in Darnold, but since he won't have to play right away that will be good for him. Barkley will go #3 to the Colts. Baker Mayfield (the best QB in the draft) will go to the Jets.

yeah, Darnold doesn't impress me at all. I know it's wrong but I have no faith in USC quarterbacks. They tend to be pretty sucky once they hit the NFL.

Mayfield is the best? Not sure about that. He definitely has the confidence.

Steel Maniac
03-16-2018, 10:19 AM
If you had to draft based on resume, I like what Mason Rudolph can bring and I like his chances of success as much as any other QB in the draft.

Steel Maniac
03-16-2018, 10:21 AM
yeah, Darnold doesn't impress me at all. I know it's wrong but I have no faith in USC quarterbacks. They tend to be pretty sucky once they hit the NFL.

Mayfield is the best? Not sure about that. He definitely has the confidence.

Tell you what?

As much as all of us talk about QB's in the draft and what they will or won't do, a lot has to do with the fact that most teams don't have the right personal to coach and groom a QB. A lot of these guys don't pan out because of that.

So how many guys can we really see who actually KNOW how to groom a QB? How many QB coaches and OC are really good at that? This questions never gets asked but it needs to.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Tell you what?

As much as all of us talk about QB's in the draft and what they will or won't do, a lot has to do with the fact that most teams don't have the right personal to coach and groom a QB. A lot of these guys don't pan out because of that.

So how many guys can we really see who actually KNOW how to groom a QB? How many QB coaches and OC are really good at that? This questions never gets asked but it needs to.

Agreed. And I would extend that argument to most positions. Does anybody believe that even in the first round you are drafting a finished product? A player who is absolutely as good now as he is ever going to be? I'd say that RB and WR are as close to being that guy as you will get, but most players who enter the league as rookies are only going to learn more once they arrive. That is why two of the most important and underrated factors are character/coachability of the player, and teaching ability of the team. When a player fails we usually blame the FO, but how often is it on the coaching staff or the player? (although if the player was not able to be coached that is something you can also blame the FO for not realizing in advance)

Steel Maniac
03-16-2018, 10:50 AM
Agreed. And I would extend that argument to most positions. Does anybody believe that even in the first round you are drafting a finished product? A player who is absolutely as good now as he is ever going to be? I'd say that RB and WR are as close to being that guy as you will get, but most players who enter the league as rookies are only going to learn more once they arrive. That is why two of the most important and underrated factors are character/coachability of the player, and teaching ability of the team. When a player fails we usually blame the FO, but how often is it on the coaching staff or the player? (although if the player was not able to be coached that is something you can also blame the FO for not realizing in advance)

Exactly. I'm looking at Porter (linebacker coach) with a side-eye because of what you just stated.

RuthlessBurgher
03-22-2018, 12:14 PM
After the signings of Bostic and Burnett, I'm making a slight adjustment to my current mock. I'm still using a couple of my early picks on an ILB and FS (LVE in the 1st and Bates in the 3rd), but I'm no longer doubling down with another ILB and FB on day three anyore (Oren Burks in the 5th and Armani Watts in the 7th).

I'm filling those slots with some run-stuffing DT depth to replace Dan McCullers (I chose the son of the former DAL/SF LB and grandson of the famous boxer) and a raw wideout prospect to develop who has a similar size-speed ratio to Martavis Bryant in case he is not on the roster beyond this season.

5.148 DT Kendrick Norton, Miami 6'3" 314
7.246 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, South Florida 6'4" 206

feltdizz
03-22-2018, 12:45 PM
Tell you what?

A lot of these guys don't pan out because they don't have it.

IMO you don't really need to groom a legit QB. That's old school nonsense. Show me one star QB who benefited from sitting for a year or 2. I know Aaron Rodgers will be everyone's pick but lets be completely honest... does anyone really think Aaron Rodgers couldn't have started his rookie year and balled out in GB with those weapons?

I think the whole "grooming" of QB's is for guys who have back up written all over them.

Ben entered the fire after the 1st or 2nd game. How much was he really going to learn from watching Tommy Maddox?

The whole "we don't want him to lose his confidence" is bogus too. Any QB who loses his confidence isn't a QB built for the NFL. Manning threw 30 million INT's his first year. Cam Newton threw a gazzillion yards and a ton of INT's. They both ended up fine.

Drafting a QB to sit for 3 years is the DUMBEST idea I've ever heard. I've never been a fan of not playing a guy and expecting him to get better or so good he is ready to be a star. Stars are born, they aren't groomed.

Only thing I agree on is some coaches are better at coaching QB's or surrounding them with weapons or plays that put them in the best position to win. RGIII is a prime example. He was spread option, he started feeling himself after the first year and demanded a more pro style offense and he looked like trash because that isn't his game. Cam and Russell are prime examples of QB's who benefited from coaches playing to their strengths. Trubisky is being treated like a short bus QB who isn't allowed to throw downfield. How is that working out for Chicago?

Geoff is a prime example of a coach holding a QB though. Jeff Fisher is old school and didn't rush Geoff and everyone thought he was a bum. They finally got an OL and a RB and let him throw the ball and he looks legit.

Just give the QB the ball and let him throw it is my theory. Let him sink or swim.

Disco1981
03-22-2018, 01:25 PM
https://youtu.be/Tt8RjWeQNzw

340...And quick!

feltdizz
03-22-2018, 02:02 PM

340...And quick!

nice, next time use the film icon next to the quote. That will place the video in the post or make the link active

Disco1981
03-22-2018, 04:56 PM
nice, next time use the film icon next to the quote. That will place the video in the post or make the link active

Thanks.....

Steel Maniac
03-23-2018, 10:08 AM
With the way everything is shaking out, the linebackers we covet may be gone by our pick in the first round. But the second best runningback and the second or third best cornerback has a good chance of being their.

Guice of LSU may be the pick . Great between the tackles runner with explosiveness.

Colbert isn't above surprising everyone (like he did with Juju) so it's about the way the draft falls. Juju was Bryant insurance and Colbert could look at Guice the same as he looked at Juju.

Because Evans, Smith and Esch all look to be gone when we pick. Rams, Chargers, Raiders, Redskins and Titans all have glaring LB needs.

RuthlessBurgher
03-26-2018, 11:37 AM
I've seen my guy Roquan Smith projected all over the teens in the upcoming draft, but recently, I've seen more than one instance of mock drafts that have him landing with Dallas at #19. If he somehow lasts that far, I'd be placing a call to Seattle at #18. Seattle will be without the likes of CB Richard Sherman, DE Michael Bennett, TE Jimmy Graham, DT Sheldon Richardson, WR Paul Richardson, etc. so they have a lot of holes to fill, but they have no picks on day two of the draft (they have a 1st, a 4th, three 5ths, and three 7ths).

If Roquan Smith is available at #18, I'd be willing to offer our top two picks at 1.28 and 2.60 to Seattle in exchange for their top two picks at 1.18 and 4.120. Looking at the standard draft trade chart, it would be essentially an even swap (1.28 = 660 and 2.60 = 300, so we'd be giving up 960 points...1.18 = 900 and 4.120 = 54, so we'd be getting back 954 points). This would give us the closest thing possible to a Shazier replacement.

If were able to make such a trade of 1.28 & 2.60 for 1.18 & 4.120, here's what I would look to do with those picks:

1.18 (from SEA) ILB Roquan Smith, Georgia 6'1" 236
4.120 (from SEA) RB Royce Freeman, Oregon 5'11" 229
7.220 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, South Florida 6'4" 206
7.246 OT Brett Toth, Army 6'6" 291

Steel Maniac
03-26-2018, 11:48 AM
I've seen my guy Roquan Smith projected all over the teens in the upcoming draft, but recently, I've seen more than one instance of mock drafts that have him landing with Dallas at #19. If he somehow lasts that far, I'd be placing a call to Seattle at #18. Seattle will be without the likes of CB Richard Sherman, DE Michael Bennett, TE Jimmy Graham, DT Sheldon Richardson, WR Paul Richardson, etc. so they have a lot of holes to fill, but they have no picks on day two of the draft (they have a 1st, a 4th, three 5ths, and three 7ths).

If Roquan Smith is available at #18, I'd be willing to offer our top two picks at 1.28 and 2.60 to Seattle in exchange for their top two picks at 1.18 and 4.120. Looking at the standard draft trade chart, it would be essentially an even swap (1.28 = 660 and 2.60 = 300, so we'd be giving up 960 points...1.18 = 900 and 4.120 = 54, so we'd be getting back 954 points). This would give us the closest thing possible to a Shazier replacement.

If were able to make such a trade of 1.28 & 2.60 for 1.18 & 4.120, here's what I would look to do with those picks:

I'm concerned with the idea that our D-line isn't good enough to keep him clean and I don't think that just because he's fast like Shazier that he knows how to handle the traffic as well as Shazier did. But I do understand why you like him. If I knew for a fact that he could handle the traffic, I'd be all over him too.

Steel Maniac
03-26-2018, 11:49 AM
Our NT would have to be commanding some extra attention to keep Smith clean to do his sideline to sideline thing.

Steel Maniac
03-29-2018, 11:21 AM
Steelers at Lamar Jackson's pro day.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/steelers-colbert-tomlin-fichtner-all-present-for-louisville-pro-day/

steelz09
03-29-2018, 12:50 PM

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/steelers-colbert-tomlin-fichtner-all-present-for-louisville-pro-day/

Yuck....

I'm not a fan of Jackson as an NFL QB. If it was DeShaun Watson (last year), I'd be on board.

Sugar
03-29-2018, 12:53 PM

Well, they might have to play against him so it's good to check out what he can do. ;)

steeler_george
03-29-2018, 02:05 PM

Hey Ruth, just wonder how much do you value Smith that much over LVE and Evans. What is the medical red flag on Smith? Wasn't there a medical red flag on Dupree too?

But up a 2nd is huge...

RuthlessBurgher
03-29-2018, 02:44 PM
Hey Ruth, just wonder how much do you value Smith that much over LVE and Evans. What is the medical red flag on Smith? Wasn't there a medical red flag on Dupree too?

But up a 2nd is huge...

I'm a big Roquan guy because he looks like the closest thing to Shazier out there. An intelligent guy with elite athleticism, who can be a sideline-to-sideline LB against the run while also being able to effectively cover TE's or RB's as well. I highly doubt we'd be able to get him, but I think he could be worth a first round trade up like we did to get future Hall of Famer Troy Polamalu or Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes. As for the medical red flag, I just don't know either. That's all up to team doctors to figure out, and I doubt that any of that sensitive medical information goes public due to HIPAA laws and such,

I see Vander Esch similarly to how I saw T.J. Watt last year. Similar build, similar athleticism, similar in terms of one dominant year of football in college which followed some injury setbacks in previous seasons. They'd have different roles on the field for us (ILB vs. OLB) but I think it could be a similar impact. If he's still on the board when we come to the podium at #28, I think he's the odds-on favorite to be our pick.

I'm just not a Rashaan Evans guy. I actually think he's more of a 2nd round type of guy (like Buckeye ILB Raekwon McMillan last year) than the next 1st round ILB from Bama like C.J. Mosley or Dont'a Hightower (I'm taking Ruben Foster out of the equation entirely...he certainly has the athletic skills to be worthy of a first round selection, but what's lacking between the ears may put his career in jeopardy before it ever really started). I don't see Evans being all that special athletically, and he had about half as many total tackles last season (74) as Roquan (137) and LVE (141) had. I think he benefitted from playing with guys like Da'Ron Payne, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Ronnie Harrison, etc. than being a true difference maker on his own. But that's just my two cents.

Shawn
03-29-2018, 03:40 PM

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/steelers-colbert-tomlin-fichtner-all-present-for-louisville-pro-day/ Yup, wouldn't shock me in the slightest if this is the Steelers pick.

Shawn
03-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Yuck....

I'm not a fan of Jackson as an NFL QB. If it was DeShaun Watson (last year), I'd be on board. I would love to know what you base that on.

Shawn
03-29-2018, 04:00 PM
Ok, I think many Steeler fans have visions of Slash floating around in their head about Jackson. Jackson isn't Stewart. Jackson is the best athlete in this draft. He's a freak of nature. 119 total touchdowns in three seasons. More total yards than DeShaun Watson. He's a 4.4 guy, with rare arm strength. His pocket presence is elite. He's much brighter than people give him credit for. He was throwing to garbage behind the worst OL in college football. As for ceiling, no QB in this draft has his ceiling...none and it's not close. People think he's a one read and run guy. It's not true. This guy would prefer to throw and his ability to see the field is solid. He understands coverages...he has a strong football mind. My ONLY knock on him is he has a propensity to overthrow simple short passes which is easily corrected.

Count me as a believer. This guy gets subpackages day 1. He instantly adds a wrinkle teams have to plan for...day 1. He is a threat every play to change a game.

Shawn
03-29-2018, 05:53 PM
Let me add one more thing...I have never seen a whip release like that. Never. The velocity he can put on a ball would make Farve go dayeeeeum. Ok, yeah I got a major man crush on Jackson who is my favorite prospect in this draft behind Saquon Barkley...who is a true generational back.

Steel Maniac
03-29-2018, 06:26 PM
He's an inaccurate passer; Inaccurate passers are not good NFL Quarterbacks. I pass.

Shawn
03-29-2018, 06:32 PM
He's an inaccurate passer; Inaccurate passers are not good NFL Quarterbacks. I pass.
lol...really? If you were running for your life...forced to pass to the first WR you locked on...how accurate can you be?

Iron City Inc.
03-29-2018, 08:01 PM
Yup, wouldn't shock me in the slightest if this is the Steelers pick.

So where does Jackson get drafted ? Mid 1 late 1 mid 2 late 2?

Slapstick
03-29-2018, 08:16 PM

Better completion % than Josh Allen...

Shawn
03-29-2018, 08:58 PM
So where does Jackson get drafted ? Mid 1 late 1 mid 2 late 2? Honestly, I don't believe he makes it to the Steelers.

Shawn
03-29-2018, 08:58 PM
Better completion % than Josh Allen... While running for his life.

papillon
03-29-2018, 09:03 PM
Let me add one more thing...I have never seen a whip release like that. Never. The velocity he can put on a ball would make Farve go dayeeeeum. Ok, yeah I got a major man crush on Jackson who is my favorite prospect in this draft behind Saquon Barkley...who is a true generational back.

Play some old Dan Marino tape to see a quick release with velocity, but I'd love for the Steelers to draft Jackson WHEN he falls. :p

Pappy

Steel Maniac
03-29-2018, 11:06 PM
lol...really? If you were running for your life...forced to pass to the first WR you locked on...how accurate can you be?

Shawn, when we pass him up and choose someone else in the draft, can we put this to rest? Because if he was all that, Colbert would select him at # 28. :smile:

Steel Maniac
03-29-2018, 11:40 PM
Also, I think if Jackson slides, there will be action from below us for someone to come up and get him. I do recognize that a lot of people have drank the kool-aid in regard to him. Boy this draft is really shaping up to be something. Promises a lot of activity at top and maybe at the bottom.

feltdizz
03-30-2018, 12:38 AM
Better completion % than Josh Allen...

stats are for losers - Mel Kiper

Thats what Kiper said after someone pointed out Josh Allen had a worse completion % than Lamar Jackson.

Kiper had said Lamars completion % was a problem.

It’s funny when these guys put their foot in their mouth

Shawn
03-30-2018, 12:59 AM
Shawn, when we pass him up and choose someone else in the draft, can we put this to rest? Because if he was all that, Colbert would select him at # 28. :smile: Absolutely...welllll until he lights up the league and makes you and Colbert look like a fool. Then I'll bring it up daily.

Shawn
03-30-2018, 01:01 AM
stats are for losers - Mel Kiper

Thats what Kiper said after someone pointed out Josh Allen had a worse completion % than Lamar Jackson.

Kiper had said Lamars completion % was a problem.

It’s funny when these guys put their foot in their mouth
Oops...I can't wait until Lamar Jackson is also referred to as an overpaid janitor.

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2018, 10:32 AM
All that I know is that, although I still don't think that it's the most likely scenario to actually happen in the draft this year, at this point the selection of a QB in the first round would no longer shock me.

Steel Maniac
03-30-2018, 06:21 PM
Oops...I can't wait until Lamar Jackson is also referred to as an overpaid janitor.

Wonderlic Scores releashed: There's a quarterback who seems to be a dumb bunny. :smile: Intelligence counts heavily at this position.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/wonderlic-test-scores-nfl-draft-lamar-jackson-baker-mayfield-josh-allen-rosen-2018/ybb46fv3x1ex1r4hj3l4j9gtb

Slapstick
03-30-2018, 08:38 PM
Yes, because the Wonderlic is a truly valid measure of intelligence...:rolleyes:

You know who would have done terribly on a Wonderlic? Terry Bradshaw...

Actually, there are reports of Bradshaw scoring a 15...along with Dan Marino and Jim Kelly...

Buzz
03-30-2018, 08:48 PM
Wonderlic Scores releashed: There's a quarterback who seems to be a dumb bunny. :smile: Intelligence counts heavily at this position.
I don't know about that ... it's not rocket science.

(My apologies to Josh Dobbs.)

feltdizz
03-30-2018, 08:59 PM
Yes, because the Wonderlic is a truly valid measure of intelligence...:rolleyes:

You know who would have done terribly on a Wonderlic? Terry Bradshaw...

Actually, there are reports of Bradshaw scoring a 15...along with Dan Marino and Jim Kelly...

Neil O’Donnell scored a 13 and made it to a SB and AFCCG.

Ernie
04-01-2018, 07:21 AM
Neil O’Donnell scored a 13 and made it to a SB and AFCCG.

and it looked like all 13 showed up on those pick 6s lol

Steel Maniac
04-01-2018, 05:42 PM

Hahahahaha.. meaning that dumbness can and will ultimately kick in at some point.

Ernie
04-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Hahahahaha.. meaning that dumbness can and will ultimately kick in at some point.

usually when it matters most.

feltdizz
04-02-2018, 09:38 AM

they weren't pick 6's but yes.. still makes me furious to think about those passes. Our running game was ROLLING at the time too

feltdizz
04-02-2018, 09:38 AM
All that I know is that, although I still don't think that it's the most likely scenario to actually happen in the draft this year, at this point the selection of a QB in the first round would no longer shock me.

it would shock me

Steel Maniac
04-02-2018, 10:34 AM

Well, it didn't take long.............

The Browns are going to take Josh Allen with the first pick overall.

So if he turns into a bust, I don't want to hear any tears from Hue Jackson anymore about not getting the QB he wanted.

Usually I don't think drafts offer much fireworks but this one is shaping up to be pretty entertaining in the first round.

Sugar
04-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Well, it didn't take long.............

The Browns are going to take Josh Allen with the first pick overall.

So if he turns into a bust, I don't want to hear any tears from Hue Jackson anymore about not getting the QB he wanted.

Usually I don't think drafts offer much fireworks but this one is shaping up to be pretty entertaining in the first round.

Where did you see this? I don't see anything on ESPN or NFL.com.

feltdizz
04-02-2018, 01:04 PM

Probably Mel Kipers mock. That dude loves Allen.

Most folks still have Sam Darnold going #1 right now

RuthlessBurgher
04-02-2018, 01:06 PM

When you are less than a month away from the draft, trust nothing that any front office has to say about anything.

feltdizz
04-02-2018, 01:45 PM
When you are less than a month away from the draft, trust nothing that any front office has to say about anything.

Well, I don't think I have seen anyone besides Kiper put Allen at #1.

Who knows, hell, who cares.. all I know is I expect Rosen, Allen, Darnold and Mayfield to be gone within the first 8 picks.

but you are correct, we hear all this talk about QB's and may see some of these guys drop because we have no idea how these war rooms are ranking these guys.

Shawn
04-02-2018, 01:46 PM
it would shock me The only reason a QB in the first round would shock me is because I don't believe anyone of quality will fall to us. I think there will be an early heavy run on QB.

feltdizz
04-02-2018, 02:00 PM
The only reason a QB in the first round would shock me is because I don't believe anyone of quality will fall to us. I think there will be an early heavy run on QB.

I agree 100%

I doubt there is any QB with a higher grade than a LB or Safety or any other key position.

Steel Maniac
04-02-2018, 02:24 PM

Saw this from a report from Peter King. King said he talked to an insider and Josh Allen is the way their going. Their bluffing on Darnold trying to make the Giants trade up and give up picks.

feltdizz
04-02-2018, 02:33 PM
i doubt the Giant's are drafting a QB.

They either get Chubb or Barkley.. and I think they may trade down a few spots

K Train
04-02-2018, 02:59 PM
i doubt the Giant's are drafting a QB.

They either get Chubb or Barkley.. and I think they may trade down a few spots

Wrong move if you like one of them imo...for a team that is generally well managed I think if the opportunity is there to get the guy you think is the one then you do it. Some teams almost expect to be drafting in the top 5 year after year, the giants arent one of them.

They took Eli when Warner was there and 32 years old...eli is 37 now, if you think your guy is there you dont pass on him.

Steel Maniac
04-02-2018, 03:04 PM
If the Browns take Allen, Giants will take one of the other QBs. And we know that the Jets are taking one.

feltdizz
04-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Wrong move if you like one of them imo...for a team that is generally well managed I think if the opportunity is there to get the guy you think is the one then you do it. Some teams almost expect to be drafting in the top 5 year after year, the giants arent one of them.

They took Eli when Warner was there and 32 years old...eli is 37 now, if you think your guy is there you dont pass on him.

I keep reading about the Bills moving up into their spot. IMO I think while there are 5 QB's I'm not some of these teams see franchise from these guys.

Ernie
04-02-2018, 07:28 PM
they weren't pick 6's but yes.. still makes me furious to think about those passes. Our running game was ROLLING at the time too

Just as well should have been. Both led to very short fields... and scores.

Slapstick
04-02-2018, 10:32 PM
Just as well should have been. Both led to very short fields... and scores.

Well, he was throwing the ball to Corey Holliday...not Thigpen, Johnson, Mills, or Hastings...

SteelBucks
04-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Well, he was throwing the ball to Corey Holliday...not Thigpen, Johnson, Mills, or Hastings...

Man that brings back memories. I loved the Steelers mid-90’s WR corp.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Man that brings back memories. I loved the Steelers mid-90’s WR corp.

Agreed. I think that Thigpen might be the most underrated WR the Steelers have had. He made a ton of circus catches which led to Kordell's MVP run.

Slapstick
04-03-2018, 11:13 AM
I also remember Yancey beating Deion Sanders for a TD in that Super Bowl...

Steel Maniac
04-03-2018, 11:44 AM
So the Browns are having the top 4 QB's in this week. Saying their about to solidify who their guy is. Hahahahahhhahahaha. This is an absolute circus. Poor guy whoever they choose.

Buzz
04-03-2018, 12:26 PM
So the Browns are having the top 4 QB's in this week. Saying their about to solidify who their guy is. Hahahahahhhahahaha. This is an absolute circus. Poor guy whoever they choose.Wonder how much input Todd Haley will have in the decision?

Steel Maniac
04-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Wonder how much input Todd Haley will have in the decision?

You would think that Hue would want some confirmations into who he likes. But that makes too much sense.

RuthlessBurgher
04-03-2018, 12:47 PM
So the Browns are having the top 4 QB's in this week. Saying their about to solidify who their guy is. Hahahahahhhahahaha. This is an absolute circus. Poor guy whoever they choose.

I'm not sure why a team doing its due diligence on all of their potential options is particularly funny or why it would constitute an absolute circus.

feltdizz
04-03-2018, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure why a team doing its due diligence on all of their potential options is particularly funny or why it would constitute an absolute circus.

seems like the logical thing to do when you have the #1 and #4 pick.

the more some people type, the more you realize what they don't know

Steel Maniac
04-03-2018, 08:15 PM

Because Ruth, theyvd watched countless amounts of tape. Or they should of by now. And they need to still bring 4 QBs in??? All 4?? Their a joke. Not to mention a number of pro days they’ve attended too.

RuthlessBurgher
04-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Because Ruth, theyvd watched countless amounts of tape. Or they should of by now. And they need to still bring 4 QBs in??? All 4?? Their a joke. Not to mention a number of pro days they’ve attended too.

Yeah, you bring all the kids in and get to know them and their personality to see if they'd would be leaders of men and try to find out if they really love football or would just be some aloof oaf once he cashes your first huge paycheck. You watch the tape with him. Get to know how he processes information. Have him explain his thought processes out there, not only when he threw touchdowns, but also when he threw interceptions. For example, if you could tell by the pre-snap defensive formation that the defense was playing man under, why did you throw the ball to this guy? Learn about how he has grown as a player and his willingness to push himself to the next level.

There is a reason that Tomlin and Colbert tend to draft players that they have dined with prior to their Pro Day. They get to know the kid as a man beyond just the tape or combine numbers.

Shawn
04-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Yeah, you bring all the kids in and get to know them and their personality to see if they'd would be leaders of men and try to find out if they really love football or would just be some aloof oaf once he cashes your first huge paycheck. You watch the tape with him. Get to know how he processes information. Have him explain his thought processes out there, not only when he threw touchdowns, but also when he threw interceptions. For example, if you could tell by the pre-snap defensive formation that the defense was playing man under, why did you throw the ball to this guy? Learn about how he has grown as a player and his willingness to push himself to the next level.

There is a reason that Tomlin and Colbert tend to draft players that they have dined with prior to their Pro Day. They get to know the kid as a man beyond just the tape or combine numbers. All that. and not to mention to disguise who they are taking or if they are even taking their guy at #1 or #4. I mean why show your hand? If they bring it two, and the other two are guys another team covets a trade is much less likely. They may get a Kings ransom for that #1 pick. Makes perfect sense to me and I would have rolled the same way.

RuthlessBurgher
04-04-2018, 10:55 AM
So the Giants are having the top 4 QB's in this week. Saying their about to solidify who their guy is. Hahahahahhhahahaha. This is an absolute circus. Poor guy whoever they choose

Giants set to host quarterback prospects in coming days

Posted by Josh Alper on April 4, 2018, 8:52 AM EDT

The draft is drawing closer and the draft’s top quarterbacks are making the rounds with teams in the market for an addition at the position.

That includes the Giants, who hold the second overall pick and could be looking for Eli Manning‘s eventual successor under center. According to multiple reports, the team will be hosting Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen over the next week or so as they do their final research before the first round gets underway in Dallas.

The Giants have resisted notions that they are locked into taking a quarterback and the door could be open to a trade if they get a compelling offer from a team trying to leapfrog the Jets, who are in the third spot after making their own trade with the Colts.

Staying put to draft a player at a different position is also a possibility, of course, and Dianna Russini of ESPN reports that running back Saquon Barkley is set to visit the team on Sunday. Barkley could also be in play if the Giants drop down the board before the second pick is handed in on April 27.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/04/giants-set-to-host-quarterback-prospects-in-coming-days/

RuthlessBurgher
04-04-2018, 11:02 AM
So the Broncos are having 3 of the top 4 QB's in this week. Saying their about to solidify who their guy is. Hahahahahhhahahaha. This is an absolute circus. Poor guy whoever they choose

Report: Broncos to visit with Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Josh Allen over next week

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on April 4, 2018, 12:04 AM EDT

Denver Broncos General Manager John Elway made it clear that the team’s signing of Case Keenum in free agency wouldn’t take them out of the discussion of adding one of the top quarterback prospects in the draft.

So with that in mind, the Broncos are making sure to turn over every stone when it comes to the quarterbacks populating the top of team draft boards.

According to Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated, the Broncos are visiting with Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen over the next week. Rosen is visiting the team on Wednesday, Darnold will work out for the Broncos in Los Angeles on Friday and Allen will visit Denver next Monday. Darnold, Allen and Rosen are widely considered the top three prospects in the draft, with Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson in the discussion as well.

The Broncos are searching for a long-term solution to the quarterback spot as Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler failed to provide the consistency the team was searching for last season. While Siemian flashed at times, the team has still yet to find a true replacement following the retirement of Peyton Manning after Super Bowl 50.

Lynch was a first-round pick just two years ago, but has been limited in his opportunities in part due to injuries. He’s made just four starts in two seasons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/04/report-broncos-to-host-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-and-josh-allen-over-next-week/

Steel Maniac
04-04-2018, 12:29 PM
So Ruth, your point is that everyone is doing it; but everyone does not have the first pick in the draft. If you have the first pick in the draft, and your priority need is QB, you know you can get who you want. So you dudilligence should have been farther ahead then anybody behind you in the draft.

Those other teams need to see options because they do t know what’s going to happen ahead of them. The browns have no one ahead of them at #1. And there coach is suppose to be a qb whisperer too? Should have been way ahead in the thought process of who they want at qb.

Pro day, combine, senior game, .. Browns management were at all these were they interacted with these guys and they still need to meet all 4 to know their personalities?

Slapstick
04-04-2018, 12:33 PM
For how long have pre-draft visits been allowed? It isn't as though teams have had the opportunity to get players in their own house for months...

Steel Maniac
04-04-2018, 12:36 PM
But there is the smoke screen game to play so maybe that’s it

feltdizz
04-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Why wouldn’t a team use as much time and info for the number one pick? Especially when they can maybe squeeze a trade out of a team who fears they will take their guy?

IMO having dinner with guys you know won’t be available is a waste of time but teams still do it just in case.

If I’m the Browns I see all 4 and give them the same questions.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-04-2018, 03:47 PM
All that. and not to mention to disguise who they are taking or if they are even taking their guy at #1 or #4. I mean why show your hand? If they bring it two, and the other two are guys another team covets a trade is much less likely. They may get a Kings ransom for that #1 pick. Makes perfect sense to me and I would have rolled the same way.

Absolutely. There is plenty about the Browns to laugh at, but this isn't it.

Find out which of them you love. If you love one then you pretty much have to take him at #1. If you love 3 of them then you can draft Barkley at #1 and still be sure that a QB you love is waiting at 4 for you.

However...if you love two of them and really want Barkley what do you do?

RuthlessBurgher
04-04-2018, 04:10 PM
Absolutely. There is plenty about the Browns to laugh at, but this isn't it.

Find out which of them you love. If you love one then you pretty much have to take him at #1. If you love 3 of them then you can draft Barkley at #1 and still be sure that a QB you love is waiting at 4 for you.

However...if you love two of them and really want Barkley what do you do?

If you determine that there is a franchise QB in this draft, you take the QB first and don't look back. It's the most important position; you don't screw around with it...especially if you are Cleveland. The last three QB's they took in the first round, they had two 1st round picks each of those years as well, and they always waited to take the QB with their second 1st round pick (and we all remember how Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, and Johnny Manziel turned out). If the Giants swipe Barkley away from you with the 2nd pick, then so be it. Come back with Chubb at #4 to pair with Myles Garrett instead. They'll survive with Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson in their backfield.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-04-2018, 07:22 PM
If you determine that there is a franchise QB in this draft, you take the QB first and don't look back. It's the most important position; you don't screw around with it...especially if you are Cleveland. The last three QB's they took in the first round, they had two 1st round picks each of those years as well, and they always waited to take the QB with their second 1st round pick (and we all remember how Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, and Johnny Manziel turned out). If the Giants swipe Barkley away from you with the 2nd pick, then so be it. Come back with Chubb at #4 to pair with Myles Garrett instead. They'll survive with Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson in their backfield.

I agree if you determine that there is one guy. This is not the same as when they drafted those other guys in the 20s. Even when they took a QB at 1 (Tim Couch) it didn't pan out. None of those guys were considered to be top notch franchise QBs.

Interestingly enough, in the Brady Quinn year (2007), not one decent QB came out of that draft and a QB was even picked first (Jamarcus Russell). In 2012 when they drafted Weeden, they also missed at #4 with Trent Richardson. Luck was #1, but then Washington took RG3, and the only other QB before Weeden was Ryan Tannehill. The more noteworthy QBs in this draft were chosen later with Russell Wilson and Foles in the 3rd and Cousins in the 4th.

In 2014 no QB was taken between the 4th pick (Browns traded back from the fourth to 8th and picked Justin Gilbert) and the 22nd when they grabbed Johnny Football.

I guess my point is that they have to decide who they really love because there are not a lot of great QBs in most of these drafts, despite what we keep hearing before....and second - whoever they do love is probably a bust and the guy they pass on will be a star.

Steel Maniac
04-04-2018, 10:56 PM
They’ve had film for months; and a coach who’s suppose to know all, see all when it comes to QBs and they don’t know which two QBs they like by now? Really? Gotta be a smoke screen game. Because if they really don’t know who they like at this point, then their pissing in the wind again with a breeze that’s blowing back in their face.

Steel Maniac
04-04-2018, 11:53 PM
Question

Is it true that Ridley of Alabama may be a guy that slides in this draft?

steeler_george
04-05-2018, 07:54 AM
Question

Is it true that Ridley of Alabama may be a guy that slides in this draft?

I was just thinking about that, and which positions might slide into the 2nd...TE, WR, CB, and S.
4-5 QB
3-4 OL
2 RB
3 DB ( Fitz/ Derwan/ Ward
12 DL/OLB/ILB

Steel Maniac
04-12-2018, 02:36 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/three-round-2018-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-find-qb-in-round-2-giants-land-a-rb-in-round-3/

Northern_Blitz
04-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Why wouldn’t a team use as much time and info for the number one pick? Especially when they can maybe squeeze a trade out of a team who fears they will take their guy?

IMO having dinner with guys you know won’t be available is a waste of time but teams still do it just in case.

If I’m the Browns I see all 4 and give them the same questions.

I think they also meet with guys in case they have the opportunity to pick them up later via UFA or trade.

RuthlessBurgher
04-17-2018, 11:41 AM
A full first round mock featuring our Steelers trading up!

Steelers trade picks 1.28 (660) and 2.60 (300) to Seattle for picks 1.18 (900) and 4.120 (54). Seattle does not have any picks on day two of the draft, so they'd be motivated to make this deal, especially since they have a whole lot of needs to feel after losing the likes of CB Richard Sherman, DE Michael Bennett, TE Jimmy Graham, DT Sheldon Richardson, and WR Paul Richardson this offseason. It comes out to 960 points vs. 954 points, so it's a fair trade for both sides.

1. Cleveland Browns QB Josh Allen
2. New York Giants QB Sam Darnold
3. New York Jets QB Baker Mayfield
4. Cleveland Browns EDGE Bradley Chubb
6. Indianapolis Colts RB Saquon Barkley
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB Minkah Fitzpatrick
11. Miami Dolphins OG Quenton Nelson
12. Buffalo Bills QB Lamar Jackson
15. Arizona Cardinals QB Mason Rudolph
16. Baltimore Ravens WR Calvin Ridley
17. Los Angeles Chargers OT Mike McGlinchey
18. Pittsburgh Steelers LB Roquan Smith
19. Dallas Cowboys WR D.J. Moore
20. Detroit Lions DT De'Ron Payne
21. Cincinnati Bengals OC James Daniels
22. Buffalo Bills OT Connor Williams
23. New England Patriots OT Kolton Miller
24. Carolina Panthers OG Isaiah Wynn
25. Tennessee Titans OG Will Hernandez
26. Atlanta Falcons DT Maurice Hurst
27. New Orleans Saints DT Taven Bryan
28. Seattle Seahawks EDGE Marcus Davenport
29. Jacksonville Jaguars WR Courtland Sutton
30. Minnesota Vikings S Ronnie Harrison
31. New England Patriots EDGE Harold Landry
32. Philadelphia Eagles CB Joshua Jackson

Steel Maniac
04-17-2018, 12:35 PM
Hahahhahaahahaha...I love the thought of them trading up but that's a complete pipe dream. No way Smith falls down to # 18 for us to even think about moving up. Ruth, you love Smith so much that you are becoming delusional about him now. But your delusion is at least with good intent and I can't get mad at you about that. :smile: At least your not wishing harm on our team by wanting to give all the money to one player while ignoring defense.

steeler_george
04-18-2018, 03:35 AM
Hahahhahaahahaha...I love the thought of them trading up but that's a complete pipe dream. No way Smith falls down to # 18 for us to even think about moving up. Ruth, you love Smith so much that you are becoming delusional about him now. But your delusion is at least with good intent and I can't get mad at you about that. :smile: At least your not wishing harm on our team by wanting to give all the money to one player while ignoring defense.

Smith is projected in th e top 10... but then again this is going to be a crazy draft. I think there are going to be a ton of trades.

Slapstick
04-18-2018, 05:48 AM
Not every player worthy of a top 10 pick will go in the top 10...positions like ILB and S rarely are selected that high, though it is possible.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-18-2018, 08:40 AM
Imagine this Board when the ILBs are gone..Nobody falls..No S graded out at 28...And the Steelers select an offensive player. Get you "WTF!!!" Ready. Lol

Steel Maniac
04-18-2018, 10:06 AM
Imagine this Board when the ILBs are gone..Nobody falls..No S graded out at 28...And the Steelers select an offensive player. Get you "WTF!!!" Ready. Lol

It's not out of the realm of possibility. With that scenario playing out like that, a trade back is also a possibility too.

Slapstick
04-18-2018, 10:25 AM

If all of those players are gone, then the offensive player will be highly rated...I'd rather draft a highly rated offensive player than reach for a perceived need on defense...

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2018, 10:47 AM
If all of those players are gone, then the offensive player will be highly rated...I'd rather draft a highly rated offensive player than reach for a perceived need on defense...

Or, if the board doesn't happen to fall in your favor next week, then you can always trade back to acquire more picks rather than reaching in an effort to fill a particular perceived need at #28.

Or just trade up in the first round to a get a potentially elite level difference maker if one happens to fall within a reasonable range. Still hopin'...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-18-2018, 11:09 AM
Dance Partner? It's easy to say trade back. I'm sure they would love to not having a 4. This is difficult to get value. You have 4 picks behind you to still get a 1st round 5th year. To get them out of the 1st will be costly. Kings Ransom...It's the Steelers. 6 picks backing out of 1st & losing 5th year option...That's going to cost someone. Takers? Possibly.

Shoe on other foot? Would you be ok giving up next years 1, this years 2 to get in bottom of one this year? Even if you had firepower..Two 2's & maybe a 3? I wouldn't. Not saying impossible....Just Not that easy to get a bite.

Steel Maniac
04-18-2018, 01:58 PM
A full first round mock featuring our Steelers trading up!

Steelers trade picks 1.28 (660) and 2.60 (300) to Seattle for picks 1.18 (900) and 4.120 (54). Seattle does not have any picks on day two of the draft, so they'd be motivated to make this deal, especially since they have a whole lot of needs to feel after losing the likes of CB Richard Sherman, DE Michael Bennett, TE Jimmy Graham, DT Sheldon Richardson, and WR Paul Richardson this offseason. It comes out to 960 points vs. 954 points, so it's a fair trade for both sides.

1. Cleveland Browns QB Josh Allen
2. New York Giants QB Sam Darnold
3. New York Jets QB Baker Mayfield
4. Cleveland Browns EDGE Bradley Chubb
6. Indianapolis Colts RB Saquon Barkley
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB Minkah Fitzpatrick
11. Miami Dolphins OG Quenton Nelson
12. Buffalo Bills QB Lamar Jackson
15. Arizona Cardinals QB Mason Rudolph
16. Baltimore Ravens WR Calvin Ridley
17. Los Angeles Chargers OT Mike McGlinchey
18. Pittsburgh Steelers LB Roquan Smith
19. Dallas Cowboys WR D.J. Moore
20. Detroit Lions DT De'Ron Payne
21. Cincinnati Bengals OC James Daniels
22. Buffalo Bills OT Connor Williams
23. New England Patriots OT Kolton Miller
24. Carolina Panthers OG Isaiah Wynn
25. Tennessee Titans OG Will Hernandez
26. Atlanta Falcons DT Maurice Hurst
27. New Orleans Saints DT Taven Bryan
28. Seattle Seahawks EDGE Marcus Davenport
29. Jacksonville Jaguars WR Courtland Sutton
30. Minnesota Vikings S Ronnie Harrison
31. New England Patriots EDGE Harold Landry
32. Philadelphia Eagles CB Joshua Jackson

According to ESPN's Todd McShay, Georgia ILB Roquan Smith is "the guy [the Raiders] want" at No. 10 overall.

"Roquan Smith is the guy," McShay said on a conference call Wednesday morning. "I don’t know that they would be willing to give away additional picks later to go up and get him. But he’s the guy they want." Smith and Va. Tech's Tremaine Edmunds are the top-two inside linebacker prospects in this class, and the Raiders seem to prefer Smith. In Oakland, Navorro Bowman remains a free agent, and the team has no clear heir in the middle. McShay compared Smith to Luke Kuechly and Jonathan Vilma. Extraordinarily athletic, Smith is a force both in the run game and coverage.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle Apr 18 - 1:01 PM

Slapstick
04-18-2018, 03:17 PM
According to ESPN's Todd McShay, Georgia ILB Roquan Smith is "the guy [the Raiders] want" at No. 10 overall.

"Roquan Smith is the guy," McShay said on a conference call Wednesday morning. "I don’t know that they would be willing to give away additional picks later to go up and get him. But he’s the guy they want." Smith and Va. Tech's Tremaine Edmunds are the top-two inside linebacker prospects in this class, and the Raiders seem to prefer Smith. In Oakland, Navorro Bowman remains a free agent, and the team has no clear heir in the middle. McShay compared Smith to Luke Kuechly and Jonathan Vilma. Extraordinarily athletic, Smith is a force both in the run game and coverage.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle Apr 18 - 1:01 PM

I'd definitely take Edmunds as well if he were there...

RuthlessBurgher
04-23-2018, 12:28 PM
What might a trade down look like?

Kansas City doesn't have a first round pick this year after trading up for QB Pat Mahomes last year, but they do have a 2nd rounder, two 3rd rounders, and two 4th rounders as ammunition to move back up into the first round if they wanted to. The Chiefs traded away CB Marcus Peters this offseason, and although they got back CB Kendall Fuller in the Alex Smith trade, what if they really liked a corner with a late 1st round grade such as Iowa's Josh Jackson? Might they be willing parters to move up with us like we moved up with them 15 years ago in which we got Troy Polamalu and they got Larry Johnson?

How about this?

We give up:
1.28 (600 pts)
5.148 (32.2 pts)
5.165 (26.4 pts)
Total: 718.6 pts

We get back:
2.54 (360 pts)
3.78 (200 pts)
3.86 (160 pts)
Total: 720 pts

Our new draft haul would look like:

K.C. would have a 1st round pick, two 4th round picks, two 5th round picks, a 6th round pick, and two 7th round picks.

Having FIVE selections on day two of the draft would mean that you address a lot of areas...

You can draft a safety such as Justin Reid, Jessie Bates, Terrell Edmunds, Marcus Allen, or Kyzir White.

You can draft a linebacker such as Darius Leonard, Uchenna Nwosu, Shaquem Griffin, Fred Warner, or Josey Jewell.

You can draft a running back such as Sony Michel, Ronald Jones, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, or Nick Chubb.

You can draft a pass catcher...if one of the top TE prospects fall such as Dallas Goedert, Hayden Hurst, Mike Gesicki, or Mark Andrews, you can go that route, and if not, you could grab a wideout instead such as James Washington, Anthony Miller, Equanimeous St. Brown, Dante Pettis, or Daeshon Hamilton.

And finally, you could address our DL depth with a DT such as Nathan Shepherd, B.J. Hill, Tim Settle, Derrick Nnadi, or P.J. Hall.

Some interesting possibilities could arise...

RuthlessBurgher
04-23-2018, 01:53 PM
One possibility for those 5 day two picks via trade-down with the Chiefs:

2.54 TE Dallas Goedert
2.60 FS Jessie Bates
3.78 LB Darius Leonard
3.86 RB Rashaad Penny
3.92 DT Tim Settle

Steel Maniac
04-23-2018, 04:01 PM
After reading up on Penny, he could surprise. He's not a small time running back. A lot of people are dismissing him because of the conference.

Buzz
04-23-2018, 04:30 PM
One possibility for those 5 day two picks via trade-down with the Chiefs:

2.54 TE Dallas Goedert
2.60 FS Jessie Bates
3.78 LB Darius Leonard
3.86 RB Rashaad Penny
3.92 DT Tim Settle

That would be a nice haul.

Steel Maniac
04-24-2018, 01:12 PM
Boy, I've never seen bust flashing on a guy's forehead like Im seeing out of Josh Allen. LMFAO!!

Whoever drafts him in the first round is bitting into a red juicy looking apple with a razor blade in it!!!! LMFAO.

Man I hope it's the Browns who have a brain fart and take him!!!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-24-2018, 02:38 PM
Boy, I've never seen bust flashing on a guy's forehead like Im seeing out of Josh Allen. LMFAO!!

Whoever drafts him in the first round is bitting into a red juicy looking apple with a razor blade in it!!!! LMFAO.

Man I hope it's the Browns who have a brain fart and take him!!!

After watching some clips on him, seeing stats, and hearing the reports, it seems that there is only one thing that everybody sees in this guy. "He looks like a prototypical NFL QB and has a rocket for an arm". That's it. He looks like he should be able to play, but when he plays he shows that he can't.

Steel Maniac
04-24-2018, 03:21 PM
After watching some clips on him, seeing stats, and hearing the reports, it seems that there is only one thing that everybody sees in this guy. "He looks like a prototypical NFL QB and has a rocket for an arm". That's it. He looks like he should be able to play, but when he plays he shows that he can't.

Sssshhhhhh..please allow the Browns to make their selection. :smile:

RuthlessBurgher
04-24-2018, 03:28 PM
How bout the Brownies draft Josh Allen #1 overall, then trade back from #4 with Buffalo or Miami or Arizona or whatever...an inaccurate project QB and neither Barkley nor Chubb.

:brownssuck

Steel Maniac
04-24-2018, 04:46 PM
How bout the Brownies draft Josh Allen #1 overall, then trade back from #4 with Buffalo or Miami or Arizona or whatever...an inaccurate project QB and neither Barkley nor Chubb.

:brownssuck

Beautiful. A dream I want fulfilled.

Slapstick
04-24-2018, 05:28 PM
The Browns can’t continue to hire stupid and ineffectual GMs...I refuse to believe it...

NorthCoast
04-24-2018, 07:02 PM
Beautiful. A dream I want fulfilled.Word now is they will draft Barkley #1 and BPA QB at #4.

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2018, 02:06 PM
Now that we know how the first round went down, I suppose it's about time for a 2nd round mock:

33. CLE EDGE Harold Landry
34. NYG T/G Connor Williams
35. CLE DT Maurice Hurst
36. IND CB Josh Jackson
37. IND RB Derrius Guice
38. TB RB Ronald Jones
39, CHI WR Courtland Sutton
40. DEN RB Nick Chubb (an unprecendented two-day haul of Chubb & Chubb)
41. OAK CB Isaiah Oliver
42. MIA OG Will Hernandez
43. NE CB Carlton Davis
44. WAS C/G James Daniels
45. GB SS Ronnie Harrison
46. CIN DE Arden Key
47. ARZ WR D.J. Chark
48. LAC QB Mason Rudolph
49. IND WR Christian Kirk
50. DAL WR Equanimeous St. Brown
51. DET RB Kerryon Johnson
52. PHI TE Mike Gesicki
53. TB CB Donte Jackson
54. KC EDGE Lorenzo Carter
55. CAR OT Brian O'Neill
56. TB T/G Tyrell Crosby
57. TEN EDGE Sam Hubbard
58. ATL DT Nathan Shepherd
59. SF LB Malik Jefferson
60. PIT TE Dallas Goedert
61. JAX OT Orlando Brown
62. MIN OG Austin Corbett
63. NE QB Kyle Lauletta
64. CLE FS Justin Reid

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2018, 02:17 PM
goedert would be a fantastic selection

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2018, 03:08 PM
goedert would be a fantastic selection

I did this before I read about Jason Witten's decision to retire and join the MNF booth. I mocked a big WR to them as a potential replacement for Dez. Now they might see better value taking a replacement for Witten in round 2 instead...the likelihood of Goedert falling to us just diminished. I imagine the Cowboys would enjoy drafting a guy named Dallas while the draft is in Dallas. They could even walk Witten out there on stage tonight to make the pick and officially pass the baton.

Steel Maniac
04-27-2018, 03:20 PM
I did this before I read about Jason Witten's decision to retire and join the MNF booth. I mocked a big WR to them as a potential replacement for Dez. Now they might see better value taking a replacement for Witten in round 2 instead...the likelihood of Goedert falling to us just diminished. I imagine the Cowboys would enjoy drafting a guy named Dallas while the draft is in Dallas. They could even walk Witten out there on stage tonight to make the pick and officially pass the baton.

That’s a bit too classy for the dead cows.

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2018, 03:51 PM
I hope the Cowboys trade their 2nd round pick to Seattle for Earl Thomas. Of course, then Seattle could potentially take Dallas Goedert themselves since they lost Jimmy Graham to Green Bay in free agency.