PDA

View Full Version : Sean Davis sued for snapchat video allegedly disparaging Chick-fil-A employee

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2018, 11:49 AM
Steelers safety Sean Davis sued for snapchat video allegedly disparaging Chick-fil-A employee

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on February 26, 2018, 11:43 PM EST

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Sean Davis is being sued by a family for libel, cyberbullying, intentional infliction of emotional distress and slander after allegedly mocking a teenage boy who worked at a Chick-fil-A on his Snapchat account.

According to Paula Reed Ward of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the complaint claims that the boy was the subject of bullying at school after the video was posted.

A recording of the video quotes Davis as saying “Chick-fil-A got little kids. This kid like eight years old. No wonder the lines be so long at Chick-fil-A,” which was accompanied by “an emoji of a face laughing until tears were flowing out of its eyes, representing how funny looking he thought minor-plaintiff was,” per the complaint.

Andrew Leger, an attorney representing the family, said that they tried to have the matter settled with the courts involvement and asked Davis to do a public service announcement condemning cyberbullying. Leger claims that offer was rejected. Davis’ agent, Eugene Lee, called it a frivolous lawsuit and said Davis offered to host the boy and two friends at training camp and also invited him to a football camp in Washington D.C. where he would address the cyberbullying issue. That was rejected by the family.

Instead, a lawsuit has been filed instead to determine any fault and potential liabilities in he matter.

Davis has started 25 of 32 games played in his two seasons with the Steelers. He had 92 tackles with three interceptions, a sack, a forced fumble and eight passes defended last season for Pittsburgh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/26/steelers-safety-sean-davis-sued-for-snapchat-video-allegedly-disparaging-chick-fil-a-employee/

Slapstick
02-27-2018, 12:47 PM
Yeah, it’s pretty frivolous...

Buzz
02-27-2018, 01:45 PM
Someone ought to sue him for a couple of his games this season, where he gave a bad impersonation of a starting NFL safety.

feltdizz
02-27-2018, 03:45 PM
but Mitchell is the idiot. At least he talks trash to grown men who have a chance to hit him on the field.

This is crazy.

I hate people. Just get an apology and keep it moving.

squidkid
02-27-2018, 03:55 PM
gronk should be like sued for bullying davis in game:p

pittpete
02-27-2018, 08:55 PM
FN snowflakes....

buccoray61
02-28-2018, 04:56 AM
Welcome to 2018, where people post every random thought and task in their lives on social media and others are offended by said posts.

Eich
02-28-2018, 09:33 AM
It is a bit frivolous. At the same time, he did this to a kid. It's an immature, a-hole move. Imagine if it were your child that he posted a video of, making fun of him/her - and then your child was made more fun of in school over it. I'd be pretty pissed. But without actually seeing the video, it's hard to say how bad it really was.

Buzz
02-28-2018, 10:12 AM
Much as I've enjoyed a couple of JuJu's videos, I think our team would be better off if we could keep the players off social media. Won't happen, though.

squidkid
02-28-2018, 05:45 PM
i wonder if players of other teams are doing this same stupid sh!t but we dont hear about it or is it our standard is the standard and next man up philosophy?

RuthlessBurgher
03-01-2018, 11:08 AM
i wonder if players of other teams are doing this same stupid sh!t but we dont hear about it or is it our standard is the standard and next man up philosophy?

Yeah, you've got an entire league full of 20-somethings, but I'm sure that only the buffoons on this team are the ones clowning around Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Everyone only spends their offseason time either playing hopscotch or learning how to cross-stitch. And it's obviously our coach's fault.

Slapstick
03-01-2018, 11:39 AM

You're just not paying attention:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917964/article/giants-gm-not-worried-about-obj-social-media-is-evil

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/375366-ex-dolphin-jonathan-martin-detained-by-police-over-social-media

Those two stories are from the last week...I'm sure I could easily find more, because there are plenty...