PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm butler

JIMBO
02-21-2018, 10:35 AM
A solid corner who for some reason is in Belechick's doghouse. No one up here in NE knows why, but I think he would be affordable ( Mike Mitchell money ) and give Artie a run for his money. Then too I'm sure he would be UP for the Pats game!
Thoughts??

Oviedo
02-21-2018, 10:39 AM
A solid corner who for some reason is in Belechick's doghouse. No one up here in NE knows why, but I think he would be affordable ( Mike Mitchell money ) and give Artie a run for his money. Then too I'm sure he would be UP for the Pats game!
Thoughts??

Not sure I take money from a Safety position (Position of serious need) to add another CB and still have a hole at Safety. Especially given you will get a full year of Sutton.

I'd rather get a solid safety in free agency than another CB. Burns is still young and dveloping and its not like Butler was a shutdown CB

steeler_george
02-21-2018, 10:54 AM
I agree we need to push and upgrde our D especially DBs. Would better corner play cover up our limit safety play? Would a strong front 7 cover our enitre questionable DBs.

There are too many holes on this D. There at least 5 starting positions ( 2 ILB, 1 OLB, 1 S, 1 NT) that can upgraded. The key is where do you start and do you cover need first (ILB) than cover a position that has "potential".

I would go for ILB in FA or via trade, then I woud go for depth and competition in the draft.

Steel Maniac
02-21-2018, 11:11 AM
I would go for ILB in FA or via trade, then I would go for depth and competition in the draft.

This is what I'm hoping. Because a free agent starter at ILB who's legit would make an immediate impact without a rookie learning curve. While the ILB we draft can learn and come along with no pressure.

Iron City Inc.
02-21-2018, 02:51 PM
Butler has games and if we didn't kick the tires I would be disappointed. All going to come down to how much.

feltdizz
02-21-2018, 03:46 PM
Didn’t Butler have failed contract negotiations with
Bilicheat?

I know now they said he was sick all week but I wonder if this was B.B. trying to make sure Butler didn’t have the game of his life. Maybe he truly believed Butler couldn’t help them but that seems foolish.

Buzz
02-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Didn’t Butler have failed contract negotiations with
Bilicheat?

I know now they said he was sick all week but I wonder if this was B.B. trying to make sure Butler didn’t have the game of his life. Maybe he truly believed Butler couldn’t help them but that seems foolish.

Butler must have been boinking BB's girlfriend. It's the only explanation I can think of that makes sense .

Oviedo
02-21-2018, 04:20 PM
Butler has games and if we didn't kick the tires I would be disappointed. All going to come down to how much.

How much? Let me help you---more than we will likely be willing to pay

Iron City Inc.
02-21-2018, 07:37 PM
How much? Let me help you---more than we will likely be willing to pay

You're very likely correct but we did pay Haden 9M per and iirc offered Hightower 9m per last spring.

pittpete
02-21-2018, 07:49 PM
LOL, NO..
Some of you people are nuts....:p