PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the first?

pittpete
02-20-2018, 09:33 PM
Who will be the first cap casualty?

I will say and pray Mitchell.

Oviedo
02-20-2018, 09:59 PM

Not a bad choice

McCullers shouldn't be far behind. So disappointed he never got his act together

feltdizz
02-20-2018, 10:19 PM

Wow, I didnt see that coming.

I think Wilcox is first to go.

I think you might be disappointed. I have a sneaky suspicion we will keep MM until we are sure we have his replacement. I think he survives until after the draft or after camp.

RuthlessBurgher
02-20-2018, 10:33 PM
Not a bad choice

McCullers shouldn't be far behind. So disappointed he never got his act together

McCullers is a free agent, so he doesn't qualify as someone who'd get cut to save us money against the cap. It's just doubtful he gets re-signed.

pittpete
02-20-2018, 10:37 PM
There is no way MM is on this team this year at an 8+ million cap hit.
Time will tell if he's cut now or later because the cap hit is the same pre Jun 1st or after.
Mitchells replacement isnt in the draft and will most likely come via FA in my opinion.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-20-2018, 10:46 PM
wilcox....

Buzz
02-21-2018, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I think Wilcox has had one foot out the door for a couple months already.

Steel Maniac
02-21-2018, 01:22 AM
Wilcox

Mitchell will be cut after we secure his replacement.

Northern_Blitz
02-21-2018, 10:13 AM
Wow, I didnt see that coming.

I think Wilcox is first to go.

I think you might be disappointed. I have a sneaky suspicion we will keep MM until we are sure we have his replacement. I think he survives until after the draft or after camp.

This. Wilcox is worse. I think Mitchel is an average starter, but he's a guy we could still put on the field. Wilcox isn't.

pittpete
02-21-2018, 09:27 PM
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-features-news-blog-long-form/2018/2/20/17021410/predicting-the-pittsburgh-steelers-complete-offseason-1-0-free-agency-nfl-mock-draft-picks-cuts

Released/Cut Players
FS-Mike Mitchell

S/ST-J.J. Wilcox

CB/S-William Gay

S/ST-Robert Golden

CB/ST-Coty Sensabaugh

WR/ST-Darrius Heyward-Bey

NorthCoast
02-22-2018, 01:38 PM
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-features-news-blog-long-form/2018/2/20/17021410/predicting-the-pittsburgh-steelers-complete-offseason-1-0-free-agency-nfl-mock-draft-picks-cuts

Released/Cut Players
FS-Mike Mitchell

S/ST-J.J. Wilcox

CB/S-William Gay

S/ST-Robert Golden

CB/ST-Coty Sensabaugh

Made me go read the story to learn "projected cuts". But the list looks very reasonable.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-22-2018, 01:59 PM
To be clear, this is a list of players who BTSC is predicting will be cut, not who have been cut as the headline at the top might suggest.

Released/Cut Players
FS-Mike Mitchell

S/ST-J.J. Wilcox

CB/S-William Gay

S/ST-Robert Golden

CB/ST-Coty Sensabaugh

steeler_george
02-22-2018, 06:51 PM
I actually think Golden might stay, as depth and ST ace.

Although, Colbert seems to want to keep V. McDonald, I would want him on that list as well.... over priced for someone who has a history of being injured prone.

Use his cap saving along with Mitchell, Wilcox, Sensabaugh and get a ILB, like William, Zach Brown, or a safety like Boston, Reid, and draft TE early.

Shawn
02-22-2018, 07:12 PM
McDonald is a pretty good TE. I would like to keep him.