PDA

View Full Version : My Way-Too-Early, Probably Totally Unrealistic Mock Draft

Buzz
02-20-2018, 08:10 PM
(trade into early 2nd round and pick up a 4th round pick, which we currently don't have)

2a) Leighton Vander Esch ILB Boise St. (true sideline-to-sideline ability, Shazier's successor)
2b) Justin Reid FS Stanford (though a bit undersized, a solid tackler who can play man and zone)
3) Khalil Hodge ILB Buffalo (love the way this guy plays; king of the MAC, a tackle machine)
4) Nathan Shepherd DT Fort Hays State (Steelers roll the dice on a project with huge potential)
5a) JaVon Rolland-Jones LB Arkansas St. (like him a lot; a bit undersized, will need to beef up, but great pass rushing instincts and skills)
5b) Josh Adams RB Notre Dame (not hugely enamored with him but he was productive during his collegiate career for the Irish)
6) Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa (underrated; speedy, offensive MVP of East-West Shrine Game; can handle return duties)
7) Austin Golson C Auburn (I think Munch can turn him into a replacement for Hubbard)

steeler_george
02-20-2018, 09:24 PM
Vander Esch is starting to make noise out there, keep hearing/reading to look out for him.

Looks solid!

MeetJoeGreene
02-20-2018, 10:20 PM
That is an excellent mock draft

Steel Maniac
02-21-2018, 01:35 AM
Like how he’s trying to shore up our weakest area

Steel Maniac
02-21-2018, 11:39 AM
The more I read about Leighton Vander Esch, the more I'm liking what he could bring to our defense. I'll be watching him at the combine.

RuthlessBurgher
02-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Seems like folks are zeroing in on early linebackers such as Leighton Vander Esch or Rashaan Evans and early safeties such as Ronnie Harrison or Justin Reid.

Even if we end up with a linebacker and safety with our top two picks, I'd still consider doubling down at each spot with a mid round linebacker such as Darius Leonard or the single-handed Shaquem Griffin or with a mid round safety such as Armani Watts or Terrell Edmunds.

I like having the possibility of a "two dogs, one bone" competition among rookies at a certain position. It can potentially motivate both players to up their game and improve to earn playing time, like it did once upon a time with Manny Sanders and Antonio Brown from the same draft.

RuthlessBurgher
02-21-2018, 12:28 PM
Buzz, I don't believe Khalil Hodge declared for the draft this year. Looks like he'll be back at the University of Buffalo again this fall.

Buzz
02-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Buzz, I don't believe Khalil Hodge declared for the draft this year. Looks like he'll be back at the University of Buffalo again this fall.I was sure I'd read that he was in the pool ... oh well, put him down early for my 2019 draft class!

Oviedo
02-21-2018, 12:38 PM
Seems like folks are zeroing in on early linebackers such as Leighton Vander Esch or Rashaan Evans and early safeties such as Ronnie Harrison or Justin Reid.

Even if we end up with a linebacker and safety with our top two picks, I'd still consider doubling down at each spot with a mid round linebacker such as Darius Leonard or the single-handed Shaquem Griffin or with a mid round safety such as Armani Watts or Terrell Edmunds.

I like having the possibility of a "two dogs, one bone" competition among rookies at a certain position. It can potentially motivate both players to up their game and improve to earn playing time, like it did once upon a time with Manny Sanders and Antonio Brown from the same draft.

Griffin is a great story. I have watched him up close throughout his career and even have met him and talked to him on a couple of occasions. The kid is a high character young man. That said I think that he will struggle to make it in the NFL. He can't "hand fight" on the pass rush for obvious reasons and won't be able to rely on speed to get around OTs in the NFL. I'd take a chance on him in the 7th or a UDFA.

Buzz
02-21-2018, 12:43 PM
A bit of breaking news that further fouls up my mock draft ... in a correction to earlier reports, the Steelers will only get a 7th rounder from the Giants, not a 6th, for Ross Cockrell.

Oviedo
02-21-2018, 12:56 PM
A bit of breaking news that further fouls up my mock draft ... in a correction to earlier reports, the Steelers will only get a 7th rounder from the Giants, not a 6th, for Ross Cockrell.

Well you did say..."way too early" so you are excused. But happy to see us talking about the draft versus the continuous chorus of b!tching and moaning we get from a few posters

Steel Maniac
02-23-2018, 09:17 AM

Totally agree with this. Turn our two weakest areas on defense into stiff competition. Knife sharpens knife.

But what we do in free agency can change our thinking if a vet- upgrade is brought in at one of those spots.

Steel Maniac
02-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Why is every mock I see have us taking Evans of Alabama? I don't want anything to do with him.

Northern_Blitz
02-23-2018, 05:32 PM
Totally agree with this. Turn our two weakest areas on defense into stiff competition. Knife sharpens knife.

But what we do in free agency can change our thinking if a vet- upgrade is brought in at one of those spots.

It worked when we drafted AB in the 6th. Folks might remember that we also drafted Sanders in the 3rd that year. A good player, but double dipping turned out to be a pretty great decision.

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Look at this mock; It's about time I see one that doesn't have us taking Evans of Alabama.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916761/article/charles-davis-mock-draft-10-bengals-land-qb-of-future

Because of what we did last year, I can't say we wouldn't go this route.

Shawn
02-26-2018, 02:32 PM
My initial evaluation of Esch isn't positive. I'll have to do a more in depth break down but I didnt see anything special on film.

Shawn
02-26-2018, 02:37 PM
Why is every mock I see have us taking Evans of Alabama? I don't want anything to do with him. May I ask why? He is three times the athlete than Esch.

papillon
02-26-2018, 02:46 PM
Man, you all are going to be surprised when the Steelers take a QB with their first pick, I have a feeling one of the top 5 QBs will be on the board when the Steelers draft. :tt2:stirpot

Pappy

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 03:01 PM
May I ask why? He is three times the athlete than Esch.

Not from my initial homework he isn't. Esch is a freak athlete. Very similar to Urlacher. Big with speed. Every evaluation I've seen on Evans says he does nothing special and is a product of the system...basically Jarvis Jones 2.0.

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 03:02 PM
Man, you all are going to be surprised when the Steelers take a QB with their first pick, I have a feeling one of the top 5 QBs will be on the board when the Steelers draft. :tt2:stirpot

Pappy

If Colbert takes Lamar Jackson, he will be sending the franchise back to the stone ages. I lived thru the Kordell Stewart days and I don't want to go back to them.

williar
02-26-2018, 03:08 PM

Pappy Snatch him up! :wink:

feltdizz
02-26-2018, 03:12 PM
If Colbert takes Lamar Jackson, he will be sending the franchise back to the stone ages. I lived thru the Kordell Stewart days and I don't want to go back to them.

wtf? Lamar is a much better passer than Kordell Stewart.

That's not a fair comparison IMO.

williar
02-26-2018, 03:14 PM
If Colbert takes Lamar Jackson, he will be sending the franchise back to the stone ages. I lived thru the Kordell Stewart days and I don't want to go back to them. So, you would have a problem with two AFCCG appearances and an 11-5 and 13-3 two seasons record in only five years as a starter? :confused:

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 03:19 PM
So, you would have a problem with two AFCCG appearances and an 11-5 and 13-3 two seasons record in only five years as a starter? :confused:

Hey, don't stop..finish...When you give a description, finish giving it in its entirety. Not just the part that you like. Lmfao!!

Yeah, I'd have a problem with a QB that doesn't know how to read defenses and therefore can't really pass and runs all the time..ala MIchael Vick. And ultimately can't beat a good defensive team because of that and us not winning any super bowls. Yeah..I'd have a problem with that.

Give me a pocket passing QB who can read defenses and can really pass.

RuthlessBurgher
02-26-2018, 03:23 PM
wtf? Lamar is a much better passer than Kordell Stewart.

That's not a fair comparison IMO.

It's easier to just assume athletic black QB's are like Stewart and athletic white LB's are like Urlacher.

williar
02-26-2018, 03:24 PM
Hey, don't stop..finish...When you give a description, finish giving it in its entirety. Not just the part that you like. Lmfao!!

Yeah, I'd have a problem with a QB that doesn't know how to read defenses and therefore can't really pass and runs all the time..ala MIchael Vick. And ultimately can't beat a good defensive team because of that and us not winning any super bowls. Yeah..I'd have a problem with that.

Give me a pocket passing QB who can read defenses and can really pass. Who might be this QB that you are speaking of? He certainly not on this team. And regardless of your personal bias and flawed scouting report, Kordell did something right!

Northern_Blitz
02-26-2018, 03:31 PM

Give me a pocket passing QB who can read defenses and can really pass.

The Kordell Steward era wasn't really that bad. If you look at his 5 year tenure as a starting QB (includes 2002 where he was initially a back-up), the results were at least OK (and probably better than that).

1997: AFCC
1998: Missed
1999: Missed
2000: Missed
2001: AFCC

Stewart was super inconsistent. Part of the issue was retooling of the team, but he was definitely part of the problem. Despite these issues, he had some really good years and was often an electrifying player. The TD run against the Ravens + the Cowher kiss is still a very memorable play. Part of Stewart's legacy is also from his time as Slash when he made our Offense one of the most dynamic in the league.

This only looks bad from our current perspective because we're spoiled from having a franchise QB for a long time. If we make the AFCC in 2 of the 5 years after Ben retires I'll be pretty happy.

williar
02-26-2018, 03:58 PM
The Kordell Steward era wasn't really that bad. If you look at his 5 year tenure as a starting QB (includes 2002 where he was initially a back-up), the results were at least OK (and probably better than that).

1997: AFCC
1998: Missed
1999: Missed
2000: Missed
2001: AFCC

Stewart was super inconsistent. Part of the issue was retooling of the team, but he was definitely part of the problem. Despite these issues, he had some really good years and was often an electrifying player. The TD run against the Ravens + the Cowher kiss is still a very memorable play. Part of Stewart's legacy is also from his time as Slash when he made our Offense one of the most dynamic in the league.

This only looks bad from our current perspective because we're spoiled from having a franchise QB for a long time. If we make the AFCC in 2 of the 5 years after Ben retires I'll be pretty happy. Thank you, Sir! I appreciate you acknowledging this. Regardless of what a lot of folks want to lead you to believe, we did have some success in between Bradshaw and Ben. I know Kordell wasn't your idea QB, heck they called him slash for a reason. But he also wasn't a total eclipse in the vaunted, Steeler History either. I also remember some exciting times during that era.

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 04:07 PM
It's easier to just assume athletic black QB's are like Stewart and athletic white LB's are like Urlacher.

Wow...that was one of the most racist (stereotypical) statements that I've ever heard on this website.

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Who might be this QB that you are speaking of? He certainly not on this team. And regardless of your personal bias and flawed scouting report, Kordell did something right!

Please. I don't like QB's who can't pass and run a lot. Like Tebow, Like Kordell, Like Vick, etc.etc. etc. Pocket passers win Super Bowls. Ill stick with what's been winning.

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 04:14 PM

Didn't know you were like that Ruth; Surprised and disappointed. But it takes all kinds to make up this world.

Slapstick
02-26-2018, 04:24 PM
Wow...that was one of the most racist (stereotypical) statements that I've ever heard on this website.

Yeah. It's like reflexively comparing Lamar Jackson to Kordell Stewart...and reflexively comparing Esch to Brian Urlacher

williar
02-26-2018, 04:42 PM
Please. I don't like QB's who can't pass and run a lot. Like Tebow, Like Kordell, Like Vick, etc.etc. etc. Pocket passers win Super Bowls. Ill stick with what's been winning. Some QBS can do both, run and pass. Brady, Rogers, Steve Young, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, etc. etc.etc. Sometimes it's just called being efficient.

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 04:55 PM
Yeah. It's like reflexively comparing Lamar Jackson to Kordell Stewart...and reflexively comparing Esch to Brian Urlacher

Slap, the scouting reports that I read are the ones who compared Esch to Urlacher. I just repeated what the scouting reports said. You and Ruth are really, really reaching on this one. If you have a problem with that, one of the scouting reports is on CBS sports.

As far as Lamar Jackson and Stewart, nothing is reflexive. Running QB's 95% of the time don't pan out and don't win jack. And having the ability of getting to and winning SB is what it's all about.

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 04:59 PM
Some QBS can do both, run and pass. Brady, Rogers, Steve Young, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, etc. etc.etc. Sometimes it's just called being efficient.

Willer, I get where your coming from. Brady is not a running QB. LOL.

I'm not going to go into a long, drawn out posting. SB history is enough. Pocket passers win Super Bowls. And there have been enough running QB's from the 70's to now to prove that. I just want to stick with what wins championships. :smile:

williar
02-26-2018, 05:11 PM
Willer, I get where your coming from. Brady is not a running QB. LOL.

I'm not going to go into a long, drawn out posting. SB history is enough. Pocket passers win Super Bowls. And there have been enough running QB's from the 70's to now to prove that. I just want to stick with what wins championships. :smile: Brady is a QB who runs. Did you see that 25 yard scramble in the Super Bowl LI against the falcons. A thing of beauty for a 39 year old QB. Watch some film on Brady. He runs more than you think.

I understand what your saying as well. I prefer a great passer, too. But I sure ain't going to overlook one who can do both, well!

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 05:31 PM
But I sure ain't going to overlook one who can do both, well!

Willer, Brady is by no means a running QB. You can be mobile and not a running QB. There's a difference. LOL

S. Young and Wilson are the two who've won. And Young finally learned to check down to his third option to become a Passer and Wilson ran for about 800 or so yards the year he won but he had Lynch and a lights out defense.

I'll go with the majority of the other SB and I would hope we can find our next great pocket passer.

Slapstick
02-26-2018, 06:14 PM
Slap, the scouting reports that I read are the ones who compared Esch to Urlacher. I just repeated what the scouting reports said. You and Ruth are really, really reaching on this one. If you have a problem with that, one of the scouting reports is on CBS sports.

As far as Lamar Jackson and Stewart, nothing is reflexive. Running QB's 95% of the time don't pan out and don't win jack. And having the ability of getting to and winning SB is what it's all about.

Did you get that from a scouting report as well? It is absolutely reflexive. And, a little sad.

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 06:17 PM
Did you get that from a scouting report as well? It is absolutely reflexive. And, a little sad.

Did you not see where I claimed the Kordell/ Jackson comparison? History is sometimes sad Slap. Everything in life isn't lollipops and cotton candy.

Running QB's by the large majority don't pan out and an even bigger margin, don't win SB. And that's a fact. A sad fact...but a fact non the less.

williar
02-26-2018, 06:22 PM
Willer, Brady is by no means a running QB. You can be mobile and not a running QB. There's a difference. LOL

S. Young and Wilson are the two who've won. And Young finally learned to check down to his third option to become a Passer and Wilson ran for about 800 or so yards the year he won but he had Lynch and a lights out defense.

I'll go with the majority of the other SB and I would hope we can find our next great pocket passer. You mean, the QB who can only scramble for 5 yards is "mobile." The QB who has the ability to scramble for 25 yards is a "runner." Okay, I get it! LOL

Buzz
02-26-2018, 06:52 PM
Interesting that a majority of the contributors' mocks on NFL.com have us taking RB Darrius Guice at #28.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/mock-drafts

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 07:08 PM
Interesting that a majority of the contributors' mocks on NFL.com have us taking RB Darrius Guice at #28.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/mock-drafts

Isn't it???

Steel Maniac
02-26-2018, 07:09 PM
You mean, the QB who can only scramble for 5 yards is "mobile." The QB who has the ability to scramble for 25 yards is a "runner." Okay, I get it! LOL

LOL...

" Scramble" being the key word.

Slapstick
02-26-2018, 07:22 PM
You mean, the QB who can only scramble for 5 yards is "mobile." The QB who has the ability to scramble for 25 yards is a "runner." Okay, I get it! LOL

Yep. Exactly. Letís just lump all of them in together...:rolleyes:

Iron City Inc.
02-26-2018, 09:30 PM
(trade into early 2nd round and pick up a 4th round pick, which we currently don't have)

2a) Leighton Vander Esch ILB Boise St. (true sideline-to-sideline ability, Shazier's successor)
2b) Justin Reid FS Stanford (though a bit undersized, a solid tackler who can play man and zone)
3) Khalil Hodge ILB Buffalo (love the way this guy plays; king of the MAC, a tackle machine)
4) Nathan Shepherd DT Fort Hays State (Steelers roll the dice on a project with huge potential)
5a) JaVon Rolland-Jones LB Arkansas St. (like him a lot; a bit undersized, will need to beef up, but great pass rushing instincts and skills)
5b) Josh Adams RB Notre Dame (not hugely enamored with him but he was productive during his collegiate career for the Irish)
6) Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa (underrated; speedy, offensive MVP of East-West Shrine Game; can handle return duties)
7) Austin Golson C Auburn (I think Munch can turn him into a replacement for Hubbard)

Good thread Buzz. Like the effort.
Haven't looked at a lot of positions yet but have looked at rb's. Like Adams a bunch. Got a bit of Blount in him. One cut runner who is much better as A or B gap hammer. When he is reading he is not special. If he tests n measures close to what is listed I do not see him getting out of the 4th round. He runs sub 4.6 at 250 he'll move up draft boards. When his shoulders are square he busts a bunch of arm tackles.
Should Adams go early another productive runner ...over 5 yds per is Roc Thomas. Can be a gunner n possible returner but much smaller then Adams but could push Toussaint. Excellent ability to make guys miss but did it at a lower level. He looks real quick on film but again against not the most talented cats. Almost hoping he doesn't run great. He may be a 5th rounder.
Looking forward to seeing these 2 backs at the combine.

Shawn
02-26-2018, 10:06 PM
Not from my initial homework he isn't. Esch is a freak athlete. Very similar to Urlacher. Big with speed. Every evaluation I've seen on Evans says he does nothing special and is a product of the system...basically Jarvis Jones 2.0. But have you personally looked at the film. I dont know what games they are looking at but he often looked lost, getting washed out of plays. They talk about big and athletic but its not showing up on game film. I am curious as to what I'm missing. If you have a game to point me to I would be glad to look at it. As for Evans, the guy was a 5 star HS athlete who looked every bit of it playing for Bama. I dont know what the critics are talking about.

steelerkeylargo
02-26-2018, 10:54 PM

I think you've got a few too many small school players in there. Colbert has really moved away from those the past few years.

steelerkeylargo
02-26-2018, 10:57 PM
But have you personally looked at the film. I dont know what games they are looking at but he often looked lost, getting washed out of plays. They talk about big and athletic but its not showing up on game film. I am curious as to what I'm missing. If you have a game to point me to I would be glad to look at it. As for Evans, the guy was a 5 star HS athlete who looked every bit of it playing for Bama. I dont know what the critics are talking about.

Vander Esch's best game was against Oregon. I think he is an intriguing prospect but will probably not be ready to contribute as a starter in year one. Evans is very Lawrence Timmons like

Shawn
02-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Vander Esch's best game was against Oregon. I think he is an intriguing prospect but will probably not be ready to contribute as a starter in year one. Evans is very Lawrence Timmons like I agree. Esch only starting one year against lower level competition didn't really look all that good to me. I can say he certainly isn't ready. I agree on your assessment of Evans and the comparison to Timmons.

Steel Maniac
02-27-2018, 10:07 AM
Vander Esch's best game was against Oregon. I think he is an intriguing prospect but will probably not be ready to contribute as a starter in year one. Evans is very Lawrence Timmons like

Hmmmm...Evans, Lawrence Timmons like? I can't see that. Maybe you mean in work ethic. Alabama players have a way of not having another gear when they get to the pros. Meaning a lot of their players peak in college. I'm scared to death of Evans for that reason.

I'm just starting my research on the linebacker corps and right now I'm running from Evans.

Slapstick
02-27-2018, 01:05 PM
Well, now that we have a coach who was previously a defensive coach in Alabama, we can see what info the Steelers can find out about Evans...

Buzz
02-27-2018, 01:30 PM
I think you've got a few too many small school players in there. Colbert has really moved away from those the past few years.Yeah, maybe. But I think he might miss out on some good prospects if he ignores all these guys.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-27-2018, 01:30 PM
Vander Esch is starting to make noise out there, keep hearing/reading to look out for him.

Looks solid!
he's been my pick for months... though, i wouldn't trade down - i suspect he goes earlier than we think due to the recent noise...

love the first 2 in this mock. they are the same as my first 2...

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2018, 01:54 PM
I think you've got a few too many small school players in there. Colbert has really moved away from those the past few years.

I think a small school ILB prospect that we could be interested in on day two of the draft is Darius Leonard from South Carolina State (same school where Colbert found Javon Hargrave a couple drafts ago).

Seems somewhat athletically similar to Shazier, albeit obviously much more raw than when we drafted Ryan from Ohio State (a sideline-to-sideline athlete with closing speed to complement Vincenzo inside).

feltdizz
02-27-2018, 02:33 PM
I don’t care how big the school is. How good is the player?

Buzz
02-27-2018, 08:49 PM
Modified my early mock to reflect the fact that Khalil Hodge is not entering the draft this year, and that we have no pick in the 6th (but two in the 7th). Still incorporates a trade back from 1.28 to early 2nd round, to snag a 4th round pick. I decided Josh Adams would be long gone by round 5, so I put in another RB, who I don't like nearly as well. But I'm guessing that Daurice Fountain may still be available in the 7th; lots of WRs in the pool.

2a) Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State
2b) Justin Reid, FS, Stanford
3) Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State
4) Nathan Shepherd, NT, Fort Hays State
5a) Javon Rolland-Jones, OLB, Arkansas State
5b) Jaylen Samuels, RB, North Carolina State
7a) K.J. Malone, G, LSU
7b) Daurice Fountain, WR, N. Iowa

steelerkeylargo
02-27-2018, 11:54 PM
I donít care how big the school is. How good is the player?

Lets put it this way. Most small school kids worth being drafted are showcased in the East West Shrine game. I've been attending that game for the past 20 years. 50% of those kids go undrafted and of the 50% who do get drafted 75% of those are out of the league within 2-3 years. One doesn't need to be a math major to determine that a GM who takes 3 or 4 of those in a single draft will be NFL (not for long)

steelerkeylargo
02-28-2018, 12:00 AM
I think a small school ILB prospect that we could be interested in on day two of the draft is Darius Leonard from South Carolina State (same school where Colbert found Javon Hargrave a couple drafts ago).

Seems somewhat athletically similar to Shazier, albeit obviously much more raw than when we drafted Ryan from Ohio State (a sideline-to-sideline athlete with closing speed to complement Vincenzo inside).

I like Leonard quite a bit. He is a FOOTBALL player for sure. That thin frame and 215 pounds scares me though. Not sure he will run well enough to play big safety, but an intriguing kid. Wouldn't touch him before the 4th and we don't have a 4th.

Steel Maniac
03-05-2018, 11:05 AM
MMQB's Peter King reports the Eagles are "confident" Carson Wentz (ACL) will be ready Week 1.

Wentz tore his ACL in mid-December and underwent surgery a few days later. He was already off crutches by the Super Bowl and seen throwing passes up to 50 yards in pre-game warmups. If the Eagles are really "confident" Wentz will be ready, they could look to trade Nick Foles this offseason. King reports they have already received "at least one respectable" offer.

Source: MMQB

Steel Maniac
03-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Foles is going to be on the move come draft day.

Steel Maniac
03-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Also..

Sean Peyton says Barkley is the best runningback he's seen in the last 25 years. Says there is nothing he can't do.

Browns leaning toward Barkley with the # 1 pick. Smart. Take the pressure off of whoever the QB is.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-saquon-barkley-firmly-in-mix-for-browns-no-1-overall-pick-in-2018-nfl-draft/

SteelerOfDeVille
03-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Also..

Sean Peyton says Barkley is the best runningback he's seen in the last 25 years. Says there is nothing he can't do.

Browns leaning toward Barkley with the # 1 pick. Smart. Take the pressure off of whoever the QB is.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-saquon-barkley-firmly-in-mix-for-browns-no-1-overall-pick-in-2018-nfl-draft/
I've said for months that he's the easy #1 pick for them. Then, at #4, they could get whichever QB is left of the ones considered the cream of this class, should they choose to. They realistically could come away with Barkely and Darnold/Rosen in this draft, which would be brilliant -- and scary to face in a year or two...

Buzz
03-06-2018, 06:23 PM
I've said for months that he's the easy #1 pick for them. Then, at #4, they could get whichever QB is left of the ones considered the cream of this class, should they choose to. They realistically could come away with Barkely and Darnold/Rosen in this draft, which would be brilliant -- and scary to face in a year or two...
Are you saying we may be coming to a draft that even the Browns can't screw up?

SteelerOfDeVille
03-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Are you saying we may be coming to a draft that even the Browns can't screw up?
if they take the QB first and miss out on Barkely, they screw up, IMO. It'd be just dumb when there are 3 QB that grade out pretty close to one another.

however, If they take Saquan, then, nothing behind that is incorrect.

Because really, if they took Barkley, an O-lineman then picked up an average FA QB, we'd think, "well played".

Steel Maniac
03-12-2018, 05:24 PM
So the Bills and Bengals just swapped first round draft picks. Bengals moved down to 21 while Bills moved up to 12

So do the Bengals move down again just a pick or two ahead of us? Bengals love snipping our draft pick just before it's our pick so are they up to their shenanigans again?

In the process, Bengals got Cordy Glenn from the Bills.

Buzz
03-12-2018, 08:03 PM
So the Bills and Bengals just swapped first round draft picks. Bengals moved down to 21 while Bills moved up to 12

So do the Bengals move down again just a pick or two ahead of us? Bengals love snipping our draft pick just before it's our pick so are they up to their shenanigans again?

In the process, Bengals got Cordy Glenn from the Bills.
Cordy Glenn will help the Ben-gals' offense considerably.

feltdizz
03-12-2018, 08:52 PM
Also..

RB at #1????

Hmm... how is that even possible?

Lmao.

Steel Maniac
03-13-2018, 03:59 PM
Bills are talking to the Colts trying to get into the top 5 to get a QB