PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sports Round One Mock Draft

Slapstick
02-16-2018, 01:15 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-take-wyoming-qb-josh-allen-with-top-pick/

28. Pittsburgh Steelers

Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia. When Ryan Shazier went down for the year, their defense suffered. With his future in doubt, they need to get a playmaking linebacker and Smith is that guy.

From your mouth to God's ear, Pete Prisco...

NorthCoast
02-16-2018, 01:29 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-take-wyoming-qb-josh-allen-with-top-pick/

From your mouth to God's ear, Pete Prisco...It won't happen at 28.... But what will it take to get it done?

Steel Maniac
02-16-2018, 01:39 PM
It won't happen at 28.... But what will it take to get it done?

Naaaaaw, he'll never fall that far down to us , I don't think. What would it take to happen? Uh, your asking Colbert to trade up. Go see the last time he did that in the first round. LOL

Slapstick
02-16-2018, 02:33 PM
Naaaaaw, he'll never fall that far down to us , I don't think. What would it take to happen? Uh, your asking Colbert to trade up. Go see the last time he did that in the first round. LOL

SB MVP Santonio Holmes?

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2018, 02:42 PM
SB MVP Santonio Holmes?

Future HOF'er Troy Polamalu?

Steel Maniac
02-16-2018, 03:00 PM
Future HOF'er Troy Polamalu?

bingo on both. But my point is, he doesn't do it very often. Hardly at all and we need too much for him to give away additional picks.

feltdizz
02-16-2018, 03:05 PM
No way DeCastro falls...

anything can happen fellas.

Steel Maniac
02-16-2018, 03:06 PM
No way DeCastro falls...

True........that was something. We couldn't run to the podem fast enough. LOL

Shawn
02-16-2018, 06:01 PM
He won't make it past the Ravens at 16.

Steel Maniac
02-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Ravens and Bengals love taking guys at our positions of need.

Disco1981
02-16-2018, 07:08 PM
No way DeCastro falls...

Or Heyward,or Bell, or Tuiit, or God forbid Jarvis.They all fell ( supposedly ) You never know what other teams might covet

NorthCoast
02-16-2018, 08:57 PM
I think the point is Colbert & co will make a move if they believe the talent is worth it. The two times you reference were true difference makers.

Iron City Inc.
02-16-2018, 09:11 PM
Mocks and early mocks are great BUT wait a few days and they change a lot. Post combine will put a sharper point on the evaluation. Pro days and background checks all factor in. Everyone is high on this backer then he runs a 4.75 n we find out he has a medical issue and we'll be like we can't draft this guy in the 1st but we should draft him if he's still there in the 2nd.
Does Prisco even look at tape or is he an info gatherer? Not saying he isn't knowledgeable just saying he may be closer to us then to a nfl scout.

Disco1981
02-16-2018, 10:49 PM
Mocks and early mocks are great BUT wait a few days and they change a lot. Post combine will put a sharper point on the evaluation. Pro days and background checks all factor in. Everyone is high on this backer then he runs a 4.75 n we find out he has a medical issue and we'll be like we can't draft this guy in the 1st but we should draft him if he's still there in the 2nd.
Does Prisco even look at tape or is he an info gatherer? Not saying he isn't knowledgeable just saying he may be closer to us then to a nfl scout.

Exactly...I watch the draft religiously with my brother, probably my favorite sporting event.I remember when Jarvis kept slipping and my brother wanted him so bad. I said " He ran a 4.9 forty, and supposedly has spinal issues".Remembering him saying " we need a pass rusher, and those 40 times don't mean anything". I'm not trying to sound like Mel Kiper because I remember loving the T'aamu pick.What I'm trying to say is...I will trust the Steelers organization and their data and knowledge. They're not perfect and have some misses.But they have drafted some great ones also. And almost always being at the bottom of the rounds

Northern_Blitz
02-17-2018, 05:29 AM

This. Hopefully, lots of QBs and workout warriors go ahead of us in the first. It's not uncommon that someone ranked highly now slips because someone else becomes the new hotness.

Shawn
02-18-2018, 03:07 AM
Exactly...I watch the draft religiously with my brother, probably my favorite sporting event.I remember when Jarvis kept slipping and my brother wanted him so bad. I said " He ran a 4.9 forty, and supposedly has spinal issues".Remembering him saying " we need a pass rusher, and those 40 times don't mean anything". I'm not trying to sound like Mel Kiper because I remember loving the T'aamu pick.What I'm trying to say is...I will trust the Steelers organization and their data and knowledge. They're not perfect and have some misses.But they have drafted some great ones also. And almost always being at the bottom of the rounds The thing I remember about the Jarvis tape is this...he didnt beat anyone. He blew up one small running back his senior year. The rest of the sacks were clean.

Steel Maniac
02-18-2018, 04:57 PM
Well everything is going to change; based on who exceeds and who bombs at the combine; Who's picked up in free agency; tons of variables will come into play before the actual draft. Everybody knows that.

Ghost
02-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Understanding that sometimes players drop: I'd be shocked if Smith fell this far. Too many teams need a LB. Good chance he goes in the 9, 10, or 11 spot. 49ers at 9 just had their starting Linebacker get arrested 2 times in the last month (including domestic violence). He may be done. The Raiders at 10 is a good bet for the pick (doubt they pass on him if he's still on the board) and if not them, then Miami at 11 needs the D help. I could see the Lions at 20 or the Saints at 27 (would hurt to get that close) as well.

I could see the Steelers grabbing Rashaan Evans from Bama as their linebacker pick here.

Slapstick
02-19-2018, 11:06 AM
I like Evans because he can play inside or outside...after next season, we may need an OLB...

Steel Maniac
02-19-2018, 11:12 AM
I like Evans because he can play inside or outside...after next season, we may need an OLB...

We need good linebacker play ..period. Inside, outside. We only had one confirmed , legit linebacker and that was Shazier. Everyone else was questionable to say the least. We need good linebackers..period.

Steel Maniac
02-19-2018, 05:42 PM
i just read this bio on Evans:

Playing for Alabama has it's benefits, as some players may look slightly better than they are. Evans has the look of a solid player but one who can get
overaggressive against the run, taking the easy route that the defense gives him, rather then wait for the play to develop in front of him. He's got solid
speed breaking on the ball and always give you max effort. He's also got experience on the edge which should allow teams to use him in a variety of ways.

The issue with him is that I don't see anything elite about his game, but rather a solid player who does what you ask of him.

Steel Maniac
02-19-2018, 05:43 PM
Jarvis Jones 2.0

birtikidis
02-19-2018, 06:02 PM
We need good linebacker play ..period. Inside, outside. We only had one confirmed , legit linebacker and that was Shazier. Everyone else was questionable to say the least. We need good linebackers..period. I wonder if we would kick the tires on Brian Cushing once he gets released by the Texans

pittpete
02-19-2018, 06:32 PM
Can he play safety?
He has 2 less INT's than Mike Mitchell does in the same amount of time in the league:p

Steel Maniac
02-19-2018, 07:31 PM
The Patriots are hurting at runningback; I'd be almost willing to bet that if Darrius Guche falls down to the bottom of the first round, the Patriots will be all over him.