PDA

View Full Version : Josh Dobbs....

NorthCoast
02-13-2018, 06:32 PM
Dude disappeared from the radar.... whad up?

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-4/Dobbs-staying-busy-this-offseason/25389fe9-ecd0-4d60-afef-77baa32e78ea

Buzz
02-13-2018, 07:39 PM
Thought he was in rocket science ... surprised this is what he's choosing to do with his extra time, but best of luck to him.

Steel Maniac
02-13-2018, 07:40 PM
Wish he would stay here and work to get better but maybe I'm asking for too much.

Slapstick
02-13-2018, 08:07 PM
Um, even football players take time off and still workout independently in the offseason....

Real Deal Steel
02-14-2018, 12:06 AM
Oh, so true. I was thinking maybe he might sense the moment to make an impression.

Shawn
02-14-2018, 07:53 AM
Wish he would stay here and work to get better but maybe I'm asking for too much. Yes, a three week externship in the offseason will stunt his development as a QB. I think the man needs to sleep with his playbook, make love to it...take it in the shower with him. Is it too much to ask for him to think and do football 24/7?

feltdizz
02-14-2018, 08:45 AM
Yes, a three week externship in the offseason will stunt his development as a QB. I think the man needs to sleep with his playbook, make love to it...take it in the shower with him. Is it too much to ask for him to think and do football 24/7?

i hope he remembers how to get back to Pittsburgh

Oviedo
02-14-2018, 09:05 AM
Dobbs is smart. He knows, even if some fans don't, that he is at best a career back up in the NFL and he has to be prepared for life without the NFL.

AzStillers1989
02-14-2018, 09:26 AM
He is taking 3 weeks off... whats the big deal and as ovi pointed out, he has to be prepared for life without football. Dude is smart as hell. Hoping he shows development in year two and obviously I hope he nor jones see the field unless its mop up duty in a blowout win.

Northern_Blitz
02-14-2018, 10:04 AM
Dobbs is smart. He knows, even if some fans don't, that he is at best a career back up in the NFL and he has to be prepared for life without the NFL.

This. It sounds like a great opportunity and I'm glad that Dobbs is taking advantage of it.

feltdizz
02-14-2018, 10:09 AM
It’s 3 weeks. I swear some folks complain about anything.

Slapstick
02-14-2018, 11:11 AM
He also knows that, in the offseason, players can do other things and still be good or great players.

feltdizz
02-14-2018, 11:23 AM
He also knows that, in the offseason, players can do other things and still be good or great players.

Must play football or madden every waking hour. I’m sure these other players aren’t relaxing.

Just saw photos of Brady vacationing in Costa Rica. I bet he is throwing coconuts through barrels and running shuttle sprints on the beach

Slapstick
02-14-2018, 11:27 AM
Must play football or madden every waking hour. I’m sure these other players aren’t relaxing.

Just saw photos of Brady vacationing in Costa Rica. I bet he is throwing coconuts through barrels and running shuttle sprints on the beach

Giselle is running the route tree while he throws passes to her...

Shouldn't he be home, fuming because they lost the SB?

Steel Maniac
02-14-2018, 11:31 AM
Yes, a three week externship in the offseason will stunt his development as a QB. I think the man needs to sleep with his playbook, make love to it...take it in the shower with him. Is it too much to ask for him to think and do football 24/7?

Wow. Tough crowd around here. LOL.

Steel Maniac
02-14-2018, 11:33 AM

Of course; I just thought we'd hear him also say that hes really going to take advantage of the facilities and come in and work with the coaches to try and take it to the next level. But just because he didn't say it doesn't mean it's not on the agenda.

feltdizz
02-14-2018, 11:45 AM
Wow. Tough crowd around here. LOL.

Ha.. you were the toughest one in here.

Dobbs is a smart man. I still think he is going to be a nice stop gap after Ben retires.

Im sure he is working on his craft but that’s not what this story is about.

RuthlessBurgher
02-14-2018, 11:59 AM
Of course; I just thought we'd hear him also say that hes really going to take advantage of the facilities and come in and work with the coaches to try and take it to the next level. But just because he didn't say it doesn't mean it's not on the agenda.

The CBA prescribes specifically when players are allowed to meet with coaches during the offseason now and when that is not allowed.

Shawn
02-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Ha.. you were the toughest one in here.

Dobbs is a smart man. I still think he is going to be a nice stop gap after Ben retires.

Im sure he is working on his craft but that’s not what this story is about. I think Landry Jones is getting better, and I believe Dobbs has potential. I don't see either of them being the future of the franchise but I agree...stop gap is about right.

Iron City Inc.
02-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Dobbs had a decent grasp of the O from early on at camp considering he was a rookie n a rookie qb no less. He had some poise and went through his reads much better then Jones did as a rook. He'll need to progress further but it wouldn't shock me if he pushes Jones for the 2 by the end of his 2nd season. And as was pointed out he like Jones may be career back ups but we just saw a back up win it all so as long as he is capable enough if called upon is all we really need.