PDA

View Full Version : Mcdaniels backs out of Colts job

buccoray61
02-07-2018, 10:01 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22349872/josh-mcdaniels-spurns-indianapolis-colts-remain-new-england-patriotsl

buccoray61
02-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Could the cheater be planning his exit?

feltdizz
02-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Could the cheater be planning his exit?

the rumors are swirling this move means McDaniels is going to be the next HC.

also heard it may mean Andrew Luck's injury may be worse than most imagined.

Who knows..

Buzz
02-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Rotten deal for the assistants that he lured away from other teams. They left good jobs, uprooted their families and moved to Indy, and now who knows how long they'll be there? The next HC of the Colts may decide he doesn't want them.

feltdizz
02-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Rotten deal for the assistants that he lured away from other teams. They left good jobs, uprooted their families and moved to Indy, and now who knows how long they'll be there? The next HC of the Colts may decide he doesn't want them.

Josh has to be the next HC of the Pats because there is no way he ever gets another gig after this

Buzz
02-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Josh has to be the next HC of the Pats because there is no way he ever gets another gig after this

Yeah, I sure can't see another team giving him a shot. Although you've got organizations like the Colts and the Browns out there, so you never know.

Slapstick
02-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Hey, once upon a time, the Hoodie himself spurned the New York Jets in a similar manner...he landed on his feet...McDaniels is simply "following in the footsteps of greatness"...

Steel Maniac
02-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Boy did he screw the Colts; I don't think the little weasel will be the next head coach of the Patriots. I just think he's too much of a p***y to go out on his own again with daddy Bellichick.

Disco1981
02-07-2018, 11:50 AM
This is why every non-patriot fan, loathes that organization...EVERYTHING they do do shady, tainted, corrupt, or has some kind of bull**** attached to it...That's why,imo...They are not as highly regarded, as some others might have them

K Train
02-07-2018, 11:51 AM
A+ trolling by mcdaniels.

If hes going to be the next HC how is that better? Its delaying a career move by staying on a team with uncertainty at QB. Not like it was a lateral move for him to go to the colts

feltdizz
02-07-2018, 11:53 AM
A+ trolling by mcdaniels.

If hes going to be the next HC how is that better? Its delaying a career move by staying on a team with uncertainty at QB. Not like it was a lateral move for him to go to the colts

Must better because the Pats get favorable calls. The Colts withhout Peyton? Not so much.

Steel Maniac
02-07-2018, 12:22 PM
McDaniels (to me) has loser written all over him whenever becomes head coach. I"m going to enjoy watching him tank.

feltdizz
02-07-2018, 12:33 PM
I think most Pats coaches are going to be average without Billicheat and Brady.

Patricia’s D won’t get away with all that grabbing in Detroit.

williar
02-07-2018, 12:46 PM
I always thought there something strange/suspicious about this guy...

Slapstick
02-07-2018, 12:49 PM
From ESPN:

"The other Belichick associates -- some with strong ties to Belichick, others with weaker ones -- have combined for a 156-227 (.407) record as head coaches under varying circumstances, with only one posting a winning record so far. This poor mark has become a leading case against hiring Belichick assistants, but the associations could be overblown."

Eich
02-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Fairly useless statistic from ESPN IMO. It takes an awful lot more than a good coach to be successful. Belichick himself was a loser as a Brown.

squidkid
02-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Fairly useless statistic from ESPN IMO. It takes an awful lot more than a good coach to be successful. Belichick himself was a loser as a Brown.

wait, i thought any coach that wasnt successful on one team would automatically not be successful with a different team

feltdizz
02-07-2018, 03:10 PM
wait, i thought any coach that wasnt successful on one team would automatically not be successful with a different team

I stopped after "wait, I thought..."

Chadman
02-07-2018, 03:11 PM
Not sure what direction the Colts go at this point, but I wonder if Munchak is in play as a candidate? Sounds to me like an organization that needs someone to step in with a solid attitude right now to get stability.

feltdizz
02-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Assistant coaches didn't find out about Josh backing out until the press conference..

dude is a real slime ball for this, no wonder he is staying in NE.

squidkid
02-07-2018, 03:58 PM
I stopped after "wait, I thought..."

game/set/match

buccoray61
02-07-2018, 04:03 PM
McDaniels agent told him that he was making a huge mistake backing out of the Colts job. He terminated his business with McDaniels after he did it.You know you are a slime ball when a sports agent takes the high road on you.

Slapstick
02-07-2018, 04:13 PM
game/set/match

Yeah, he got you pretty good.

Steel Maniac
02-07-2018, 05:08 PM
McDaniels agent told him that he was making a huge mistake backing out of the Colts job. He terminated his business with McDaniels after he did it.You know you are a slime ball when a sports agent takes the high road on you.

Yep...McDaniel's is a weasel.

feltdizz
02-07-2018, 05:23 PM
It makes the sports agent look just as bad if he stayed with McDaniels.

Who would want negotiate with that agent after hearing this story?

Slapstick
02-07-2018, 09:49 PM
Maybe the OC pay for an agent isn’t nearly as good as the HC pay...