PDA

View Full Version : I thought Billicheat was a genius

feltdizz
02-05-2018, 01:54 AM
I guess he is human after all.

Buzz
02-05-2018, 02:18 AM
In this game, he was bested by Doug Pederson & Co.. If that makes BB less than a genius, where does it leave the HCs of other NFL teams?

Captain Lemming
02-05-2018, 03:05 AM
I guess he is human after all.

Only Human.....as sung by Bill Belichick

Come on Pat fans dry your eyes
Wipe your tears
Never like to see you cry
Wont you please forgive me

I wouldn't ever try to hurt you
I just needed someone to put on the bench
His backup will fill the void while he is gone
But instead his side is emptiness

I'm only human
Of flesh and blood I'm made
Human
Born to make mistakes

https://youtu.be/s1ysoohV_zA

BURGH86STEEL
02-05-2018, 08:29 AM
The Pats had some calls and plays go against them. I don't believe the RB made the catch. It was a clear bobble to me. The league needs to get more calls right on review or they are going to lose more fans.

Steelwolf
02-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Maybe so ^^^ but I guess that is how it goes.....

feltdizz
02-05-2018, 09:31 AM
The Pats had some calls and plays go against them. I don't believe the RB made the catch. It was a clear bobble to me. The league needs to get more calls right on review or they are going to lose more fans.

I think the problem is the NFL has playoff officiating and regular season officiating and they aren't the same.

IMO if they weren't so hands on during the season you wouldn't have this issue. I thought both TD's were legit. I was never a fan of the "slight ball movement" that's naturally going to occur when you catch a ball that's well defended being called incomplete.

Oviedo
02-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Are the Patriots boards calling for him to be fired?

Oviedo
02-05-2018, 10:09 AM
I think the problem is the NFL has playoff officiating and regular season officiating and they aren't the same.

IMO if they weren't so hands on during the season you wouldn't have this issue. I thought both TD's were legit. I was never a fan of the "slight ball movement" that's naturally going to occur when you catch a ball that's well defended being called incomplete.

Sounds like hockey

I think the NFL knew that if they took those TDs away from the Eagles they would have had a public relations nightmare they may never had been able to fix given the clear perception of bias towards the Pats

feltdizz
02-05-2018, 10:14 AM

Who? Al Riveron or Bill Billicheat?

Steel Maniac
02-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Sounds like hockey

I think the NFL knew that if they took those TDs away from the Eagles they would have had a public relations nightmare they may never had been able to fix given the clear perception of bias towards the Pats

Exactly...it was being watched by millions and if they had cheated the Eagles the way they've been cheating for the Pats the entire year, the outcry would have done them in. NFL would then have been considered no better then the WWE.

Steel Maniac
02-05-2018, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=Captain Lemming;718780]Only Human.....as sung by Bill Belichick

Wipe your tears

I'm only human
Human
Born to make mistakes

Let's finish those lyrics..

I couldn't cheat and call back those two TD's
Or it would be confirmed that the league cheats for me..

LOL.

Northern_Blitz
02-05-2018, 10:47 AM

+1

writing enough things

Sounds like hockey

I say this as a Canadian and as a fan of watching hockey. Being compared to the NHL is a terrible distinction for any pro-sports league. I really like the sport, but the league does everything it can to make it difficult to watch (when they aren't locking players out and cancelling seasons).

It is clearly the worst run of the "major" pro-sports.

feltdizz
02-05-2018, 11:01 AM
+1

writing enough things

I say this as a Canadian and as a fan of watching hockey. Being compared to the NHL is a terrible distinction for any pro-sports league. I really like the sport, but the league does everything it can to make it difficult to watch (when they aren't locking players out and cancelling seasons).

It is clearly the worst run of the "major" pro-sports.[/FONT]

NHL is awesome.. but then again, I'm a casual Pens fan who only watches during the playoffs.

Keep doing what you doing NHL.

AzStillers1989
02-05-2018, 11:07 AM
Who? Al Riveron or Bill Billicheat?
HahahaHA... I see what you did there. :lol::Clap8-)

Buzz
02-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Sounds like hockey

This.

Refs did their part to get the *s to the Super Bowl ... the *s were expected to be able to take it from there. They couldn't, so they lost. Boo hoo.

BURGH86STEEL
02-05-2018, 11:41 AM

What ever the case there needs to be more consistency with the calls. Or if there isn't enough evidence to over turn what the refs saw on the field then don't over turn the call. The catch rules of the NFL have become like the American legal system.

Slapstick
02-05-2018, 11:43 AM
What ever the case there needs to be more consistency with the calls. Or if there isn't enough evidence to over turn what the refs saw on the field then don't over turn the call. The catch rules of the NFL have become like the American legal system.

Yeah, “slight movement” is pretty f-ing bogus...it is too subjective....

feltdizz
02-05-2018, 11:48 AM

the problem is the NFL benefits from being able to impact regular season games.

Whole its frustrating for fans it still ends up being a win for the league.

and the ratings decline is fools gold. 37 of the top 50 shows this year were NFL games. It’s still a ratings king.

RuthlessBurgher
02-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Only Human.....as sung by Bill Belichick

Wipe your tears

I'm only human
Human
Born to make mistakes

https://youtu.be/s1ysoohV_zA

You need to update from Human League to Rag N Bone Man...

I'm only human after all
Don't put the blame on me

Steel Maniac
02-06-2018, 12:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/30/orlando-pace-still-bitter-about-the-patriots-16-years-later/

NorthCoast
02-06-2018, 01:50 PM
While he would never admit it Bellichick should regret the decision to bench Butler. He punished the team for one player's lesson. Ok, you may argue it was a team lesson, but the team wasn't the one with a problem.
This could be the end of a happy marriage in NE. I bet Patricia couldn't leave fast enough.

feltdizz
02-06-2018, 02:12 PM
While he would never admit it Bellichick should regret the decision to bench Butler. He punished the team for one player's lesson. Ok, you may argue it was a team lesson, but the team wasn't the one with a problem.
This could be the end of a happy marriage in NE. I bet Patricia couldn't leave fast enough.

He took full responsibility for r loss but that probably does little for true team.

Gronk hinted he may retire.

I read a oped wondering if the Pats way is losing its appeal with players.

Seeing good players get shipped out and hearing guys like Chris Long admit they didn’t like the way their were utilized is telling. Also funny seeing Blount running over his former team.

I will say this Pats team was still smoke and mirrors and I think the gadget plays showed they knew they had their hands full. You usually don’t see those plays early in the first half.

Buzz
02-06-2018, 02:36 PM
I will say this Pats team was still smoke and mirrors and I think the gadget plays showed they knew they had their hands full. You usually don’t see those plays early in the first half.

They got farther then the Steelers did with less talent.

(Of course, they had some help from the officials and Al Riveron.)

Eddie Spaghetti
02-06-2018, 02:38 PM
8 straight AFCCG kind of speaks for itself

feltdizz
02-06-2018, 03:17 PM
They got farther then the Steelers did with less talent.

(Of course, they had some help from the officials and Al Riveron.)

EXACTLY.. they needed help this year.

and who is saying the Pats aren't good? I think Brady is still the best QB in the game right now but thankfully he can't catch.

but it's a bad idea to use an organization with a history of cheating as a shining example of how to do things right.

That's just me tho

feltdizz
02-06-2018, 03:18 PM
8 straight AFCCG kind of speaks for itself

spygate
destroyed tapes
deflategate
tuck rule
Al Riveron
Kraft being called the assistant GM by other owners behind his back
murderer on their roster

jump on the wagon tho, there is always room.. ask JH.

yeah, it speaks for itself, lol.

squidkid
02-06-2018, 04:16 PM
spygate
destroyed tapes
deflategate
tuck rule
Al Riveron
Kraft being called the assistant GM by other owners behind his back
murderer on their roster

jump on the wagon tho, there is always room.. ask JH.

yeah, it speaks for itself, lol.

why do you care about that stuff?
as long as they produced on the field thats all that matters

Eddie Spaghetti
02-06-2018, 04:32 PM
felts tinfoil hat belongs in a museum

Slapstick
02-06-2018, 05:52 PM

Even the great ones do dumb $#!+ sometimes...

feltdizz
02-06-2018, 05:56 PM
why do you care about that stuff?
as long as they produced on the field thats all that matters

Lmao.. now thats funny

squidkid
02-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Lmao.. now thats funny

burned you with your exact own words..............

feltdizz
02-06-2018, 06:50 PM
burned you with your exact own words..............
Nah, just let us know you are a fan of the Pats and dont mind their cheating.

I had a feeling you guys would be upset after seeing them lose.

squidkid
02-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Nah, just let us know you are a fan of the Pats and dont mind their cheating.

I had a feeling you guys would be upset after seeing them lose.

lol.............game/set/match

feltdizz
02-07-2018, 02:49 PM
lol.............game/set/match

Haha... sure thing pal.

Buzz
02-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Eagles ran fake walkthrough because they thought the Patriots might be cheating

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-apparently-ran-a-fake-super-bowl-walkthrough-in-case-patriots-were-watching/

Slapstick
02-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Eagles ran fake walkthrough because they thought the Patriots might be cheating

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-apparently-ran-a-fake-super-bowl-walkthrough-in-case-patriots-were-watching/

Their plan worked!!

Buzz
02-10-2018, 12:56 AM
So glad they beat New England. Even though Philly fans can be obnoxious, I'm happy for them, too. It was a long drought.

Watched the "Philly, Philly" play, the Ertz TD, and the Brady sack/fumble again today, brought me such a feeling of happiness.

Captain Lemming
02-10-2018, 01:50 AM
Their plan worked!!

It would be awesome if the Pats watched the fake walk through and lost BECAUSE they acted on the bad info. :)

NorthCoast
02-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Interesting discussion on espn radio this AM. Seems some former players think playing for Belichick ain't all that. Yea, you will win games, yea you may win playoffs and SBs but they aren't having much fun doing it. There is little margin for player error.
They noted there is only one player on the NE roster that's played in all 5 SBs.
its a different way to run a team, and you have to be willing to turn the roster over year after year.
Contrast that with the Eagles who have a bunch of guys that that seemed to be growing and having fun together.

Steel Maniac
02-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Interesting discussion on espn radio this AM. Seems some former players think playing for Belichick ain't all that. Yea, you will win games, yea you may win playoffs and SBs but they aren't having much fun doing it. There is little margin for player error.
They noted there is only one player on the NE roster that's played in all 5 SBs.
its a different way to run a team, and you have to be willing to turn the roster over year after year.
Contrast that with the Eagles who have a bunch of guys that that seemed to be growing and having fun together.

Unfortunately, you can't argue with BB long term success. What he's doing is working. Most people's work (job) in this country isn't fun.

NorthCoast
02-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Unfortunately, you can't argue with BB long term success. What he's doing is working. Most people's work (job) in this country isn't fun.But is it BB's methods or is it TB? There is evidence that Belichick would not be as successful without Brady (note his time in CLE).

RuthlessBurgher
04-03-2018, 10:57 AM
Report: Gronk trade is coming

Posted by Mike Florio on April 3, 2018, 10:47 AM EDT

As the chatter and speculation continues regarding a possible trade of Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski — chatter and speculation that has not been refuted by the team or the player — the first clear report has emerged that a trade is coming.

Ken Laird of WEEI, senior producer of the Kirk & Callahan show, reports that Gronkowski will be traded in the next couple of weeks.

Sure, Laird doesn’t have a reputation for being a breaker of news. But he produces one of the most popular shows on one of the most popular sports talk stations in the Boston market. Chances are that he’s heard something from someone about some sort of somewhat plausible move that will happen someday between now and the draft.

The fact that the move is dubbed as occurring “in the next couple of weeks” fits with the notion that, if the Patriots will be acquiring a first- or second-round pick for Gronkowski, they prefer to get the pick while the pick is on the clock. This will require the Patriots, Gronkowski, and his next team to keep everything completely quiet. But the Patriots have proven time and again that they know how to persuade/coerce others to go along with a vow of silence, or else.

So it makes sense to continue to keep an eye on this one, especially once the draft begins.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/03/report-gronk-trade-is-coming/

Northern_Blitz
04-03-2018, 11:21 AM
Report: Gronk trade is coming

Posted by Mike Florio on April 3, 2018, 10:47 AM EDT

As the chatter and speculation continues regarding a possible trade of Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski — chatter and speculation that has not been refuted by the team or the player — the first clear report has emerged that a trade is coming.

Ken Laird of WEEI, senior producer of the Kirk & Callahan show, reports that Gronkowski will be traded in the next couple of weeks.

Sure, Laird doesn’t have a reputation for being a breaker of news. But he produces one of the most popular shows on one of the most popular sports talk stations in the Boston market. Chances are that he’s heard something from someone about some sort of somewhat plausible move that will happen someday between now and the draft.

The fact that the move is dubbed as occurring “in the next couple of weeks” fits with the notion that, if the Patriots will be acquiring a first- or second-round pick for Gronkowski, they prefer to get the pick while the pick is on the clock. This will require the Patriots, Gronkowski, and his next team to keep everything completely quiet. But the Patriots have proven time and again that they know how to persuade/coerce others to go along with a vow of silence, or else.

So it makes sense to continue to keep an eye on this one, especially once the draft begins.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/03/report-gronk-trade-is-coming/

I hope that they do this. I feel like they are much less dangerous without Gronk, who I think is basically uncoverable. I haven't really been watching NE much though. Maybe they feel like he is declining or that his injury history is too scary.

Steel Maniac
04-03-2018, 11:25 AM
Walsh used to say (and coaches adopted it after him) that it's better to trade a guy one year too early then one year too late. I think this applies to the Gronk situation. Whoever trades for him may get one good year and then he's going to ride off into the sunset. Basically, BB is trying to get over on some sucker team.

They won Super Bowls without him so BB doesn't feel intimidated by doom and gloom with moving him.

feltdizz
04-03-2018, 01:01 PM
I hope that they do this. I feel like they are much less dangerous without Gronk, who I think is basically uncoverable. I haven't really been watching NE much though. Maybe they feel like he is declining or that his injury history is too scary.

they are just as dangerous without him

as long as they have Brady and BB they are a dangerous bunch because their play calling and adjustments are top notch.

squidkid
04-03-2018, 06:31 PM

they would beat us with me playing TE

steeler_george
04-03-2018, 06:44 PM
Billy and the pats keep on proving they are truely 1 step in front of everyone!

And just when we thought that the Patiots as we know them were going to decline with their roster losses in FA... They just flipped the table again...

feltdizz
04-05-2018, 09:13 AM

of course you would think that..lol

prolly can't catch a cold.

Buzz
04-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Maybe, but they'd be a lot funnier doing it.

RuthlessBurgher
04-05-2018, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't bet against a squid TE...excellent catch radius with 8 arms plus 2 more extra-long tentacles would make for a premium red zone weapon...and who needs stick-um when you have suction cups! Belichick should "ink" him to a deal right now...Steal of the draft! Plus, if it doesn't work out, at least you could then sell some fried calamari at Gillette Stadium to make some of your money back. ;)

Slapstick
04-05-2018, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't bet against a squid TE...excellent catch radius with 8 arms plus 2 more extra-long tentacles would make for a premium red zone weapon...and who needs stick-um when you have suction cups! Belichick should "ink" him to a deal right now...Steal of the draft! Plus, if it doesn't work out, at least you could then sell some fried calamari at Gillette Stadium to make some of your money back. ;)

Playing all of their games submerged in water would also be a tremendous advantage for the squid...

Captain Lemming
04-06-2018, 11:10 AM

Solid points Ruthless, especially the red zone part. Squid would be a beast.

Lemming on the other hand.........uh......not so much. :)

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Solid points Ruthless, especially the red zone part. Squid would be a beast.

Lemming on the other hand.........uh......not so much. :)

Lemmings would be better RB's, because they are really good at following their blockers through the hole (and unfortunately, sometimes off a cliff as well).