PDA

View Full Version : oh oh. for those that wanted butler fired

squidkid
01-19-2018, 06:56 PM
but defended tomlin.
what do you say now, since its been reported that tomlin was the one in charge of the defense this year?

BURGH86STEEL
01-19-2018, 07:04 PM
The defense wasn't a historic defense but it was as consistent bad as some people project. This obsession you have with Tomlin is borderline scary.

squidkid
01-19-2018, 07:11 PM
agreed.
now i just want some answers

Terrapin
01-19-2018, 07:22 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. With or without Shazier, the D was unorganized all year, as evidenced by giving up big plays and guys running wide open. It also made very few in game adjustments (think Gronk raping us. Maybe double the guy??). These things have Tomlin written all over it. But, people are fine with it because he's edgy and spouts off some cool quips.

birtikidis
01-19-2018, 08:14 PM
Weren't they in the top 5 for a good portion of the season. Until Haden and Shazier both went down?

papillon
01-19-2018, 08:20 PM
What does a DC do if the coach has all the say? The Steelers wouldn't have to fire me if I couldn't run the defense and I was the DC.

Pappy

Slapstick
01-19-2018, 10:16 PM
Weren't they in the top 5 for a good portion of the season. Until Haden and Shazier both went down?

They finished in the top 5 in several categories and top 10 in even more...

#5 total defense
#5 passing defense
#10 rushing defense
#7 scoring defense
#1 in sacks
#9 in INTs
#7 in 3rd down conversion %

People are just reacting emotionally from Sunday’s loss...

Oviedo
01-20-2018, 11:06 AM

#5 total defense
#5 passing defense
#10 rushing defense
#7 scoring defense
#1 in sacks
#9 in INTs

Yep. Best overall defense we have had in years. Still room for improvement but not worthy of the hysteria on this board

Shoe
01-20-2018, 12:37 PM
What does a DC do if the coach has all the say? The Steelers wouldn't have to fire me if I couldn't run the defense and I was the DC.

Pappy

I guess he gets coffee and makes copies, maybe puts out a nice fruit plate?

feltdizz
01-20-2018, 02:01 PM

Pappy

probably a lot of stuff but it sounds so much better to blame it all on Tomlin.

Tomlin is the HC so ultimately he is responsible regardless of his hands on or off approach.

or maybe he is only responsible for the bad and Butler did all the good stuff?

Slapstick
01-20-2018, 02:15 PM
A HC always has all the say...Matt Patricia is one of the hottest HC candidates this year...you think he isn’t running Belicheat’s defense? You think Belicheat doesn’t override him?

feltdizz
01-20-2018, 04:20 PM
A HC always has all the say...Matt Patricia is one of the hottest HC candidates this year...you think he isn’t running Belicheat’s defense? You think Belicheat doesn’t override him?

you ever seen a Pats coordinator go on to do great things once they leave NE? It’s extremely rare. It’s hard out here without favorable calls and Brady and Billicheat.

Terrapin
01-20-2018, 04:55 PM
you ever seen a Pats coordinator go on to do great things once they leave NE? It’s extremely rare. It’s hard out here without favorable calls and Brady and Billicheat.

lol this is very true

Steel Maniac
01-20-2018, 05:18 PM

#5 total defense
#5 passing defense
#10 rushing defense
#7 scoring defense
#1 in sacks
#9 in INTs

Bull...

The defense looked good because we only went up against two legit QB's the entire year in Brady and Stafford. Every other QB was garbage. Defense in reality was never good against compitent teams with a QB.

Slapstick
01-20-2018, 05:38 PM
Bull...

The defense looked good because we only went up against two legit QB's the entire year in Brady and Stafford. Every other QB was garbage. Defense in reality was never good against compitent teams with a QB.

Except everything I cited was factual. You gave an opinion...which, of course, is your prerogative.

NorthCoast
01-20-2018, 05:40 PM
Bull...

The defense looked good because we only went up against two legit QB's the entire year in Brady and Stafford. Every other QB was garbage. Defense in reality was never good against compitent teams with a QB.And outside of division games, the Steeler defense held Brady to his second lowest passer rating of the season.

squidkid
01-20-2018, 06:03 PM
And outside of division games, the Steeler defense held Brady to his second lowest passer rating of the season.

and how did that turn out?

fordfixer
01-20-2018, 06:30 PM
And outside of division games, the Steeler defense held Brady to his second lowest passer rating of the season.
Well there is only so many balls to Gronk

Steel Maniac
01-21-2018, 01:01 PM
and how did that turn out?

Exactly..... I’m tired of guys telling half-truths around here. Tell the entire scenario or remain quiet.

It’s embarrassing enough that in 3 hours the jags will be playing the pats and not us.

Slapstick
01-21-2018, 01:05 PM
Exactly..... I’m tired of guys telling half-truths around here. Tell the entire scenario or remain quiet.

Yep. I agree...

NorthCoast
01-21-2018, 01:34 PM
Let me ask a question; at what point in the season after the loss of Shazier did you think the defense was playoff worthy?
Sure, it was a disappointing end, but was it really all that shocking given the struggles against the Browns just two weeks before, and BAL and NE before that?

AzStillers1989
01-21-2018, 02:22 PM

#5 total defense
#5 passing defense
#10 rushing defense
#7 scoring defense
#1 in sacks
#9 in INTs

i agree with this post.