PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin questons

Steel Maniac
01-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Can you guys help me? Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Tomlin can't hire or fire his coaching staff correct? Seems to me, it took Colbert to green light Haley and it took Colbert to green light the firing of Lebeau and the hiring of Butler.

Slapstick
01-15-2018, 02:46 PM
It’s all speculation that he can’t hire or fire his own coaches...

Steel Maniac
01-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Well,

That pretty much answers the question then. This guy can't hire or fire his own staff?? Real coaches (Parcells, Gibbs, Walsh, etc, etc) all were able to hire and fire their staff. So Tomlin is just a caretaker. Hmmmmmm

And we wonder why a guy who's weak in X's and O's is still a coach. He's no better then Garrett of Dallas. And the reason he isn't going any where is because you can't find weak minded guys like this who are happy just to have a "head coach" title but no real head coaching power. Those guys are too hard to find. LOL

Slapstick
01-15-2018, 02:57 PM
I don’t think you understand this word:
Speculation...

Ghost
01-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Steel Maniac
01-15-2018, 03:14 PM
I don’t think you understand this word:
Speculation...

If we have to "speculate" then he doesn't have the power. Again, I didn't have to "speculate" about the coaches I named.

feltdizz
01-15-2018, 04:07 PM
If we have to "speculate" then he doesn't have the power. Again, I didn't have to "speculate" about the coaches I named.

yes, because our opinions matter when it comes to how the Steelers operate.

smh

and I'm pretty sure after it's all over and Tomlin retires we won't have to speculate anymore. Gibbs, Walsh, etc? What is this the 80's?

squidkid
01-15-2018, 05:07 PM
i think tomlin might have had a say in position coaches but not for his DC's or OC's

Slapstick
01-15-2018, 07:16 PM

There is only speculation that Tomlin doesn't ​have the power...therefore, by your own logic, discussion over...

SteelBucks
01-15-2018, 07:20 PM
Can you guys help me? Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Tomlin can't hire or fire his coaching staff correct? Seems to me, it took Colbert to green light Haley and it took Colbert to green light the firing of Lebeau and the hiring of Butler.

I'm sure he has a voice. Hell, Bill Cowher got, then GM, Tom Donohoe fired.

NorthCoast
01-15-2018, 10:14 PM
You are making the assumption that because Tomlin may have begun his career without that authority it is still the case today. Often a young HC has to earn those rights and it could very well be that at this point in his career Tomlin has a significant voice in who stays and who goes. No respectable org discloses those relationships because there is no good reason for the public to know.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-16-2018, 01:02 AM
and I'm pretty sure after it's all over and Tomlin retires we won't have to speculate anymore. Gibbs, Walsh, etc? What is this the 80's?
and bradshaw called his own plays... dang order-taking QBs of today...

feltdizz
01-16-2018, 08:12 AM
and bradshaw called his own plays... dang order-taking QBs of today...

and played thru concussions and used steroids like real men.