PDA

View Full Version : Bud my friend, Video dont lie

Captain Lemming
12-28-2017, 03:39 PM
Before JH got miffed because he got no PT.

https://youtu.be/DEla9-y5JsM

Slapstick
12-28-2017, 03:51 PM
At training camp? Before he soured on his team and his teammates? Probably when he knew he was being taped?

Okay...

I’m sure Bud invented the whole thing...along with Pouncey and everyone else...

Ernie
12-28-2017, 03:53 PM
Ole Bud must have a short memory. lol.. I realize this clip is just a "Snap shot", but its very telling.

Look at JH. Still a freakin' beast! Im still about half sick to my stomach over this... how it all played out. He's my favorite Steeler of all time, and I hate to see him go out like that!!!!! This was supposed to be the (Win one for JH and Dan Rooney) year.

Ernie
12-28-2017, 03:58 PM
At training camp? Before he soured on his team and his teammates? Probably when he knew he was being taped?

Okay...

Come on Slap.. most of us will concede that he likely displayed poor conduct down the stretch this year. Let's not pretend that JH had to have the camera in front of him during training camp... to help out his teammates. Like I have said time and again... this is a two sided deal.

RuthlessBurgher
12-28-2017, 03:58 PM
Ole Bud must have a short memory. lol.. I realize this clip is just a "Snap shot", but its very telling.

Look at JH. Still a freakin' beast! Im still about half sick to my stomach over this... how it all played out. He's my favorite Steeler of all time, and I hate to see him go out like that!!!!! This was supposed to be the (Win one for JH and Dan Rooney) year.

Harrison doesn't accept participation trophies. We'll have to win one for Rooney and Shazier instead.

Ernie
12-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Harrison doesn't accept participation trophies. We'll have to win one for Rooney and Shazier instead.

This is correct, and one of the reasons why he is my favorite Steeler of all time. F*ck participation trophies.

Oviedo
12-28-2017, 04:12 PM
Before JH got miffed because he got no PT.

https://youtu.be/DEla9-y5JsM

Well it looks to me like Harrison is standing off to the side watching. Didn't know that watching is coaching. Everyone else in the picture is closer to the action than Harriosn

Captain Lemming
12-28-2017, 04:22 PM

Okay...

Nah Slappy, I BELIEVE he was not mentoring lately. I believe he was angry.
But Bud dont act like itn never happened.

Captain Lemming
12-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Well it looks to me like Harrison is standing off to the side watching. Didn't know that watching is coaching. Everyone else in the picture is closer to the action than Harriosn

Hey OV. There is la triangle on it's side on that "picture".

This my dear friend indicates that it is a "video".
Click on that triangle and through the wonders of modern technology the "picture" will begin moving.
Just in case people didnt "know" it was a video......I put the word "video" in the title thread.

You will then see clear video evidence that Harrison DID in fact "mentor" his team mates.

Of course it likely pains you to see Harrison as a good team mate and that might make you reluctant to play it.
I get it man :)

Slapstick
12-28-2017, 04:40 PM
It pains me to see that he was once a good teammate and then pissed it all away...

BURGH86STEEL
12-28-2017, 04:46 PM
Harrison quit on this team, asked to be released, and then signed with the Pats. Simply because he wasn't getting the playing time he wanted. I am not sure how any Steelers fan can continue to defend Harrison.

A mentor is someone who is there for individuals consistently. Harrison never gave me the impression that he was the mentor type. He was probably to "mean a dude" to be a mentor. The players and people that dealt with Harrison on a daily basis knew him better than any of the fans.

feltdizz
12-28-2017, 04:47 PM
There is video of JH and Tomlin joking on the sideline after a win earlier in the year.

i think character is tested when things are at their worst, not when things are at their best.

MB said all the right things before camp but after a few games and some frustration he showed his backside and was suspended for a game by Tomlin.

I dont give give a damn what JH did early in camp. It’s why he did the last few weeks that probably led to his release.

pittpete
12-28-2017, 04:48 PM
Harrison quit on this team, asked to be released, and then signed with the Pats. Simply because he wasn't getting the playing time he wanted. I am not sure how any Steelers fan can continue to defend Harrison.

A mentor is someone who is there for individuals consistently. Harrison never gave me the impression that he was the mentor type. He was probably to "mean a dude" to be a mentor. The players and people that dealt with Harrison on a daily basis knew him better than any of the fans.

Yup................:Agree

buccoray61
12-28-2017, 04:55 PM
There is video of JH and Tomlin joking on the sideline after a win earlier in the year.

i think character is tested when things are at their worst, not when things are at their best.

MB said all the right things before camp but after a few games and some frustration he showed his backside and was suspended for a game by Tomlin.

I dont give give a damn what JH did early in camp. It’s why he did the last few weeks that probably led to his release.

Yup, tough times don't build character,they reveal it.

pittpete
12-28-2017, 04:58 PM
James Harrison cares only about James Harrison at this point in time.
Can i blame him?
No
Do we want him being a distraction to the team?
No
Goodbye Mr. Harrison we thank you for your services.
No harm, no foul.
Time to move on.

Captain Lemming
12-28-2017, 05:02 PM

How much "mentoring" is he supposed to do during the season?
All I know is he DID mentor.

This is the truth.......If Harrison became a Jet.......Dupree would not be talking "mentoring".
He was mentored by Harrison which MANY veteran players never do

Steelhere10
12-28-2017, 05:03 PM
James Harrison cares only about James Harrison at this point in time.
Can i blame him?
No
Do we want him being a distraction to the team?
No
Goodbye Mr. Harrison we thank you for your services.
No harm, no foul.
Time to move on.

There's no better way to end this thread than this.

Ernie
12-28-2017, 05:05 PM

And its what he did the first 13+ years with the team that got him 2 rings, the all time sack leader in team history, and likely a spot in Canton. Surprisingly, a lot of folks are ready to stick the middle finger up at all of that... because of JH's recent signing with NE.

We've already established that his conduct was out of line down the stretch. What some are struggling to come to terms with, however, is the strong possibility that Tomlin had a hand in his demise.

Captain Lemming
12-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Yup, tough times don't build character,they reveal it.

Working your way from getting cut multiple times is tougher that this. Building yourself into one of the most powerful men in football is tough. Having to repeatedly prove you are still the best linebacker on the team before you get pt is rough.

Knowing there is nothing you can do to get the chance to show you still can play.....

Sure might have gone about it wrong but I would want the chance to contribute.

BURGH86STEEL
12-28-2017, 05:26 PM
How much "mentoring" is he supposed to do during the season?
All I know is he DID mentor.

This is the truth.......If Harrison became a Jet.......Dupree would not be talking "mentoring".
He was mentored by Harrison which MANY veteran players never do
Look, Harrison has proven himself to be a very selfish individual. On top of it he's a traitor.

Hey if it's your prerogative to defend Harrison so be it. His teammates feel differently about the traitor. I can't say I blame them.
It seems that Harrison wasn't the person they thought he would be as a leader, teammate, or mentor. That's how selfish individuals behave.

buccoray61
12-28-2017, 05:35 PM
Working your way from getting cut multiple times is tougher that this. Building yourself into one of the most powerful men in football is tough. Having to repeatedly prove you are still the best linebacker on the team before you get pt is rough.

Knowing there is nothing you can do to get the chance to show you still can play.....

Sure might have gone about it wrong but I would want the chance to contribute.

Not disagreeing with any of this, but time marches on.Players get released, move on to other teams or retire. Sometimes the parting is cordial, sometimes there are hard feelings (Troy,Bradshaw,Franco to name a few) Both the Steelers and Harrison will be fine.

Captain Lemming
12-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Look, Harrison has proven himself to be a very selfish individual. On top of it he's a traitor.

Hey if it's your prerogative to defend Harrison so be it. His teammates feel differently about the traitor. I can't say I blame them.
It seems that Harrison wasn't the person they thought he would be as a leader, teammate, or mentor. That's how selfish individuals behave.

The video tells otherwise. None of those things were an issue during his long career.
Things soured lately.......His teammates are salty because of the team he is on. Thats all.

Ernie
12-28-2017, 05:58 PM
The video tells otherwise.

Some folks refuse to see it. Just like you and I refuse to believe that this is 100% on Harrison. Id say the truth is somewhere in the middle.

The only thing I want to know is... if "Character is not built during tough times", when is it built? Must be something we are born with.
and so the timeless debate of "Nature vs. Nurture" begins lol.

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:02 PM
The video tells otherwise. None of those things were an issue during his long career.
Things soured lately.......His teammates are salty because of the team he is on. Thats all.

Exactly....his teammates were also pissed off because the organization was initially getting the blame for JH getting cut. They wanted him to come clean about it (which he did).

buccoray61
12-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Some folks refuse to see it. Just like you and I refuse to believe that this is 100% on Harrison. Id say the truth is somewhere in the middle.

The only thing I want to know is... if "Character is not built during tough times", when is it built? Must be something we are born with.
and so the timeless debate of "Nature vs. Nurture" begins lol.

Quite frankly this topic has grown beyond tiresome. You want to defend. him,knock yourself out. Fact is he wanted out and some team mates wanted him gone as well.He's gone to the Pat's now,while unfortunate is not he end of the world. The Steelers are 12-3 and a first round bye and a real chance at a Super Bowl. Whoever wants can focus on this he said,they said high school type drama that at the end of the day means nothing. Peace

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Quite frankly this topic has grown beyond tiresome. You want to defend. him,knock yourself out. Fact is he wanted out and some team mates wanted him gone as well.He's gone to the Pat's now,while unfortunate is not he end of the world. The Steelers are 12-3 and a first round bye and a real chance at a Super Bowl. Whoever wants can focus on this he said,they said high school type drama that at the end of the day means nothing. Peace

I saw in another thread where you were apparently cool with Tomlin's decision to start Landry Jones this week vs CLE... with home field advantage throughout the playoffs potentially on the line... believe me... the Tomlin apologists are equally tiresome.

buccoray61
12-28-2017, 06:16 PM
I saw in another thread where you were apparently cool with Tomlin's decision to start Landry Jones this week vs CLE... with home field advantage throughout the playoffs potentially on the line... believe me... the Tomlin apologists are equally tiresome.

I side with a Super Bowl winning coach over some whining idiot on a message board any day

BURGH86STEEL
12-28-2017, 06:18 PM
Things soured lately.......His teammates are salty because of the team he is on. Thats all. One video tells otherwise? Ok. I guess the people that were with him everyday don't have a clue.

It still doesn't change the fact that Harrison quit on this team and is a traitor. Teammates don't appreciate players that quit on the team.

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:18 PM
I side with a Super Bowl winning coach over some whining idiot on a message board any day

wow... struck a nerve huh? Pretty sad when you resort to name calling. A lot like the "High school drama" you referred to earlier lol

Slapstick
12-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Sweet Jesus, stop trying to blame Harrison’s bad choices on Tomlin. Harrison is a grown man and makes his own decisions. Whether or not Tomlin “lied” to him is a completely separate issue and has nothing to do with Harrison choosing to behave the way he did. Harrison made bad choices and he treated his teammates badly. This is not Tomlin’s fault.

Harrison apologists are even worse than Tomlin apologists...

Slapstick
12-28-2017, 06:21 PM

His teammates are salty because of the way he treated them when he was still on the team. They are talking about it publicly now that he is on another team.

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:24 PM
Sweet Jesus, stop trying to blame Harrison’s bad choices on Tomlin. Harrison is a grown man and makes his own decisions. Whether or not Tomlin “lied” to him is a completely separate issue and has nothing to do with Harrison choosing to behave the way he did. Harrison made bad choices and he treated his teammates badly. This is not Tomlin’s fault.

Considering you are one of Tomlin's guys... you would naturally make a statement like that.

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:26 PM
One video tells otherwise? Ok. I guess the people that were with him everyday don't have a clue.

It still doesn't change the fact that Harrison quit on this team and is a traitor. Teammates don't appreciate players that quit on the team.

They appreciate Martavis Bryant... as do I lol.

buccoray61
12-28-2017, 06:28 PM
wow... struck a nerve huh? Pretty sad when you resort to name calling. A lot like the "High school drama" you referred to earlier lol

At least I'm out front with mine, I don't lob backhanded insults like you do

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:31 PM
At least I'm out front with mine, I don't lob backhanded insults like you do

Whatever. Goodbye.

BURGH86STEEL
They appreciate Martavis Bryant... as do I lol.
Are you upset because Harrison wanted to leave or because the Steelers obliged? Are you a bigger fan of Harrison or the Steelers?

Slapstick
Considering you are one of Tomlin's guys... you would naturally make a statement like that.

I'm happy to be one of “Tomlin’s guys”. You should be, too.

It doesn’t change the fact that Harrison is to blame for his own behavior.

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:32 PM

I am one of Tomlin's guys... I don't 100% blindly follow him, and agree with every move... like you boys do though.

Captain Lemming
12-28-2017, 06:33 PM
Truth is the whole "apologist" talk on both side means nothing.
Heck, I've been labelled as an apologist for BOTH Harrison and Tomlin.

This is a message board. Opinions differ. IMHO if I have to throw out labels to diminish the validity of opinions, I must be losing the substantive argument.

Slapstick
12-28-2017, 06:34 PM
I am one of Tomlin's guys... I don't 100% blindly follow him, and agree with every move... like you boys do though.

Sure. You know what you’re talking about. :lol::lol:

buccoray61
12-28-2017, 06:36 PM

Another back handed insult, at least you spread the hate around

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Are you upset because Harrison wanted to leave or because the Steelers obliged? Are you a bigger fan of Harrison or the Steelers?

Im pissed off because they lied to him... and he went out like that.... I wish he would have conducted himself in a better manner... but I do know deep down it would've have come to this if he would have gotten the reps he deserved/was promised....

and Im not sure why you even asked the last question. Out of the thousands of posts I've made on here... im pretty sure less than 1% have been about James Harrison.

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:40 PM
Another back handed insult, at least you spread the hate around

He's honored to be one of Tomlin's guys. I personally like Tomlin too... but I do not 100% follow him blindly... and you'll notice my response was to one of his "Back handed insults"...

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:42 PM
Sure. You know what you’re talking about. :lol::lol:

I can hang with the likes of you any day my man.

Slapstick
12-28-2017, 06:42 PM
He's honored to be one of Tomlin's guys. I personally like Tomlin too... but I do not 100% follow him blindly... and you'll notice my response was to one of his "Back handed insults"...

And overly sensitive...that’s the cherry on top...

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:46 PM
And overly sensitive...that’s the cherry on top...

well I apologize if you are offended big guy. Didn't realize you were "Overly sensitive"... I thought you treated this place like "A bar or barber shop" like old dizz does...

Captain Lemming
12-28-2017, 06:47 PM
While I still think what JH does on the field is a big reason the Pats signed him, looking at the "cagey" responses to every question about Harrison, I have no doubt he is going for "intel" from him.

Dude always give short answers but he just goes lockdown mode as though he predetermined not to answer ANYTHING about him for fear of slipping up.
Harrison talk starts at about 2:15

https://youtu.be/Zw15rsnnOG0

Slapstick
12-28-2017, 06:48 PM
well I apologize if you are offended big guy. Didn't realize you were "Overly sensitive"... I thought you treated this place like "A bar or barber shop" like old dizz does...

Yep. That’s me. I’m the overly sensitive one here...

Ernie
12-28-2017, 06:51 PM
Yep. That’s me. I’m the overly sensitive one here...

as well as sarcastic. gotta love it.

Slapstick
12-28-2017, 06:52 PM
as well as sarcastic. gotta love it.

And I do...

winwithd
12-28-2017, 10:46 PM
I think Belicheat meant that they are only looking at the next game which is the Jets. For all he knows they may never play the Steelers. Why pick up a guy for info on a matchup which may never occur? It fits with their mantra of only looking at the next game.

Sugar
12-29-2017, 12:06 AM

So, I guess since I'm both a Tomlin apologist AND a Harrison apologist I'm double bad!! :cool:

Slapstick
12-29-2017, 12:37 AM
So, I guess since I'm both a Tomlin apologist AND a Harrison apologist I'm double bad!! :cool:

https://fanart.tv/api/download.php?type=download&image=2579&section=3

Steel Maniac
12-29-2017, 12:52 AM

Thank you for making common sense.

feltdizz
12-29-2017, 01:46 AM
Man.. how did Tomlin lie to JH? He’s 39. Of course they probably thought he would get more playing time but every so often a rookie steps in and plays at a level that makes it hard/impossible to sit him so an aging vet can get reps.

Meaty isn’t perfect, I was critical of him but he is the real deal. He definitely has to improve vs the run but his range is incredible in pass coverage. Sack total looks good, we lost Shazier but Haden is back and we are 12-3. I can’t be mad at the youth movement on defense.

I definitely wish it ended with JH strip sacking Brady to secure a tricky to the SB but it is what it is. I could see if we were 7-9 but the record makes it hard to get mad at the FO. Folks act like we didn’t lose to bad teams with JH on the field these last few years. When you draft his replacement and win 12 games it’s real hard to call the FO out for this decision.

If anything we were nice enough to release him so he could have options instead of holding him hostage the whole year. Plans change and it’s the nature of the NFL. He was insurance. That’s it.

Captain Lemming
12-29-2017, 01:51 AM
I think Belicheat meant that they are only looking at the next game which is the Jets. For all he knows they may never play the Steelers. Why pick up a guy for info on a matchup which may never occur? It fits with their mantra of only looking at the next game.

He was asked about "Harrison" who is "today" part of his team.
His answers about Harrison were all especially evasive EVEN for him.

Captain Lemming
12-29-2017, 02:19 AM
Man.. how did Tomlin lie to JH? He’s 39. Of course they probably thought he would get more playing time but every so often a rookie steps in and plays at a level that makes it hard/impossible to sit him so an aging vet can get reps.

I doubt the issue is Watt who he knew was drafted to start. Watt aint the first rookie drafted to start at ROLB.
Harrison was a good solder for three straight seasons of having a clearly inferior player be named the starter every year.

The difference is not Watt who was penciled as the starter BEFORE THE VIDEO of Harrison mentoring him.
Harrison himself says he was told 25 percent. He never had an expectation to start.

It is hardly getting PT at all. Never being allowed to even "compete" for PT.

I definitely wish it ended with JH strip sacking Brady to secure a tricky to the SB but it is what it is. I could see if we were 7-9 but the record makes it hard to get mad at the FO.

On this we can agree.

Folks act like we didn’t lose to bad teams with JH on the field these last few years. When you draft his replacement and win 12 games it’s real hard to call the FO out for this decision.

Undefeated for 9 straight starts until losing to the Pats in the playoff last season.

If anything we were nice enough to release him so he could have options instead of holding him hostage the whole year. Plans change and it’s the nature of the NFL. He was insurance. That’s it.

True dat. I certainly dont "hate" on Tomlin here. I just wished he just played the man more when we struggled against the run, or goal line situations, How bout first sub over "one game wonder" Chickillo.

Oviedo
12-29-2017, 05:22 AM

It doesn’t change the fact that Harrison is to blame for his own behavior.

This!!! It is clear in this case that Tomlin was one of the "Steeler's guys." Put me with that group everytime versus a fanboy of a player who destroyed his legacy acting like a petulant child at the end of his career. Tomlin's behavior is always about the team first. Was Harrison's...NO!!!! How can anyone who calls themself a fan of this organization be on Harrison's side in this?

Ernie
12-29-2017, 05:44 AM
This!!! It is clear in this case that Tomlin was one of the "Steeler's guys." Put me with that group everytime versus a fanboy of a player who destroyed his legacy acting like a petulant child at the end of his career. Tomlin's behavior is always about the team first. Was Harrison's...NO!!!! How can anyone who calls themself a fan of this organization be on Harrison's side in this?

Ovi... I have stated several times that the blame was to be had somewhere in the middle. I don't condone Harrison's behavior down the stretch. You boys need to move on. I like Mike Tomlin. I don't 100% agree with every single move he makes unlike a few on here... but that doesn't mean im not a fan.

Ernie
12-29-2017, 06:48 AM

Nope. You cant be both.. choose one or the other lol. Cant have free thinkers round here

NorthCoast
12-29-2017, 10:32 AM
Man, I am glad message boards weren't around when the Steelers let Rod Woodson go. I think it would have melted the internet....

Shoe
12-29-2017, 12:26 PM

I'm not on his side. He's a 39 year old, acting like a teenager. But I do understand his POV, if for no other reason because I've been in that situation before. IMO, this was all poor communication and management by the staff. James' reaction was obviously wrong, especially considering we were winning throughout. He should've been a team player throughout. But you gotta see the other side too, and (if not condone) realize that he didn't just do this with no provocation. The staff did a poor job of managing the situation.

Ernie
12-29-2017, 12:32 PM
I'm not on his side. He's a 39 year old, acting like a teenager. But I do understand his POV, if for no other reason because I've been in that situation before. IMO, this was all poor communication and management by the staff. James' reaction was obviously wrong, especially considering we were winning throughout. He should've been a team player throughout. But you gotta see the other side too, and (if not condone) realize that he didn't just do this with no provocation. The staff did a poor job of managing the situation.

Thats a great point shoe.. and one ive been trying to make for days. Some folks dont want to see "the other side" of things...

CapnCrunch
12-29-2017, 09:48 PM
Man, I am glad message boards weren't around when the Steelers let Rod Woodson go. I think it would have melted the internet....

There were I wish I could remember what was said lol.

Slapstick
12-29-2017, 10:22 PM
Thats a great point shoe.. and one ive been trying to make for days. Some folks dont want to see "the other side" of things...

It has nothing to do with “not wanting to see the other side.” What Tomlin and the coaching staff did, “mismanaging the situation”, in NO WAY excuses Harrison’s behavior. Period. He is a professional. He cashed the checks. He should have conducted himself as a professional. Period.

Ernie
12-30-2017, 08:44 AM
It has nothing to do with “not wanting to see the other side.” What Tomlin and the coaching staff did, “mismanaging the situation”, in NO WAY excuses Harrison’s behavior. Period. He is a professional. He cashed the checks. He should have conducted himself as a professional. Period.

No, it doesn't excuse his behavior... even though the latest info we've seen looks much more favorable for JH than the initial reports. I think we've all conceded as much at this point.

What a few of you guys have to do is let us (JH-favorite player of all time guys) vent a little bit (part of the grieving process lol)... because we believe Tomlin and staff handled the situation poorly. You admitted yourself previously that you hated to see it all go down like that.. Let us have that moment, please lol

Ernie
12-30-2017, 09:05 AM
There were I wish I could remember what was said lol.

Rod Woodson went on to play for 7 more years after we let him go... and put up comparable #s to when he was with us. If it would have "Melted the internet"... then rightfully so.

bostonsteeler
12-30-2017, 10:31 AM
Hey OV. There is la triangle on it's side on that "picture".

This my dear friend indicates that it is a "video".
Click on that triangle and through the wonders of modern technology the "picture" will begin moving.
Just in case people didnt "know" it was a video......I put the word "video" in the title thread.

You will then see clear video evidence that Harrison DID in fact "mentor" his team mates.

Of course it likely pains you to see Harrison as a good team mate and that might make you reluctant to play it.
I get it man :)

LOL! Dude, are you always this humorous?

Slapstick
12-30-2017, 11:12 AM
No, it doesn't excuse his behavior... even though the latest info we've seen looks much more favorable for JH than the initial reports. I think we've all conceded as much at this point.

What a few of you guys have to do is let us (JH-favorite player of all time guys) vent a little bit (part of the grieving process lol)... because we believe Tomlin and staff handled the situation poorly. You admitted yourself previously that you hated to see it all go down like that.. Let us have that moment, please lol

Nobody is stopping you from having your moment.:lol: The rest of us are also having a moment. A moment where we realized that a long-term, all-time Pittsburgh Steeler favorite was completely different than we thought for all these years. We’re also venting, just at a slightly different angle.

Slapstick
12-30-2017, 11:12 AM
LOL! Dude, are you always this humorous?

You caught him on a REALLY good day...:lol::lol::lol:

Slapstick
12-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Did the team and the coaching staff mismanage this situation? In a way...

From a purely football perspective, the answer is no. The Steelers are 12-3, have locked in a first round playoff bye and a playoff home game, and have a top 5 defense in both total defense and scoring defense.

Did they mismanage Harrison’s feelings and ego? Absolutely...

But, is their job primarily managing a a football team? Or is it primarily managing one player?

CapnCrunch
12-30-2017, 11:23 AM
Rod Woodson went on to play for 7 more years after we let him go... and put up comparable #s to when he was with us. If it would have "Melted the internet"... then rightfully so.

Man back then I was in high school. Seeing Rod, Kevin, and Greg all go was a tough time. I don't think I was bitter just sad.

I also remember when some of them were available in FA again and Tom donahoe said something like "we aren't the salvavation army".

Slapstick
12-30-2017, 11:34 AM
Man back then I was in high school. Seeing Rod, Kevin, and Greg all go was a tough time. I don't think I was bitter just sad.

I also remember when some of them were available in FA again and Tom donahoe said something like "we aren't the salvavation army".

Lloyd rupturing his patellar tendon was heartbreaking, because I knew he would never be the same...and he wasn’t. Also, we had chosen to give Lloyd the big contract over Chad Brown, so it was like a two-for-one loss for the Steelers.

Ernie
12-30-2017, 11:34 AM
Nobody is stopping you from having your moment.:lol: The rest of us are also having a moment. A moment where we realized that a long-term, all-time Pittsburgh Steeler favorite was completely different than we thought for all these years. We’re also venting, just at a slightly different angle.

I disagree with the underlined statement. The relationship soured in recent weeks, no question about it. However, trying to claim that JH has been this guy all along (cancer) would be an insult to the coaching staff and organization.

Ernie
12-30-2017, 11:38 AM
Did the team and the coaching staff mismanage this situation? In a way...

From a purely football perspective, the answer is no. The Steelers are 12-3, have locked in a first round playoff bye and a playoff home game, and have a top 5 defense in both total defense and scoring defense.

Did they mismanage Harrison’s feelings and ego? Absolutely...

But, is their job primarily managing a a football team? Or is it primarily managing one player?

You, me, and everyone else know the answer to the last two questions. Still not an excuse for how the situation was handled.

Slapstick
12-30-2017, 11:51 AM
You, me, and everyone else know the answer to the last two questions. Still not an excuse for how the situation was handled.

There are no excuses. Sometimes, things just don’t work out.

Ernie
12-30-2017, 11:52 AM
There are no excuses. Sometimes, things just don’t work out.

That's correct. Let's not assume he was a cancer for 13 years. If we can get past that... there's lots to agree on.

Slapstick
12-30-2017, 12:05 PM
That's correct. Let's not assume he was a cancer for 13 years. If we can get past that... there's lots to agree on.

I never said he was a cancer for that long. But, clearly, the potential was always there. It is a tribute to the organization and coaching staff (including Cowher) that it was kept in check for so long.

Ernie
12-30-2017, 12:15 PM
"Completely different than we thought for all of these years". I know how most folks are going to interpret that. Thanks for clarifying though. Im glad you don't feel that way. The potential is there for a lot of our guys. We've seen flashes of it out of even our biggest stars.

Slapstick
12-30-2017, 12:30 PM
"Completely different than we thought for all of these years". I know how most folks are going to interpret that. Thanks for clarifying though. Im glad you don't feel that way. The potential is there for a lot of our guys. We've seen flashes of it out of even our biggest stars.

Yep. I never thought it would be Harrison, though.

Ernie
12-30-2017, 12:57 PM
Yep. I never thought it would be Harrison, though.

I didn't think he'd go out that way either.

Ajsteele
12-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Hi. New here. Long time Steeler fan. Biggest JH homer there was. I don’t mean to be disrespectful to the OP But I have a hard time believing this video means much in terms of proving Dupree wrong.

Chickillo and Dupree both basically said the same thing about the mentoring piece. They both been here for multiple years.

This stinks of optics to me. That JH new T.J. was the new chosen one and didn’t want to look bitter during camp under the lights. It was also before he became a malcontent.

I don’t believe a cherry picked video disproves what has been said.

Unfortunate situation. I hate this b/c I love the Steelers and JH. Now he’s a cheat. It hurts.

Slapstick
12-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Hi. New here. Long time Steeler fan. Biggest JH homer there was. I don’t mean to be disrespectful to the OP But I have a hard time believing this video means much in terms of proving Dupree wrong.

Chickillo and Dupree both basically said the same thing about the mentoring piece. They both been here for multiple years.

This stinks of optics to me. That JH new T.J. was the new chosen one and didn’t want to look bitter during camp under the lights. It was also before he became a malcontent.

Unfortunate situation. I hate this b/c I love the Steelers and JH. Now he’s a cheat. It hurts.

I agree. At any rate, welcome!

Ajsteele
12-30-2017, 02:37 PM
I agree. At any rate, welcome!

Thank you! I appreciate it!

CapnCrunch
12-30-2017, 03:05 PM
Lloyd rupturing his patellar tendon was heartbreaking, because I knew he would never be the same...and he wasn’t. Also, we had chosen to give Lloyd the big contract over Chad Brown, so it was like a two-for-one loss for the Steelers.

Remember Lloyd started to get better by the Denver regular season game and then hurt his ankle and got a dirty needle to cause staph infection.

WB Tarleton
12-30-2017, 05:17 PM

:Agree:Agree:Agree:Agree:Agree

AzStillers1989
12-30-2017, 05:34 PM

I agree with everything the new guy said.

Steel Maniac
12-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Me too. New guy has it figured out.

Captain Lemming
12-31-2017, 01:06 AM

Cherry picked video?
Heck, I knew it was there because I recall seeing it at the time.

I get it, y’all hate JH now so EVEN VIDEO PROOF don’t cut it.

How bout this:
Harrison just told everybody “ask TJ” if he mentored him.
Pretty bold statement if he didn’t do it don’t ya think?

Might it just be possible (actually probable) that JH stopped mentoring Dupree (who expressed resentment over JHs videos) and continued to help Watt?

BURGH86STEEL
12-31-2017, 01:40 AM
Cherry picked video?

How bout this:

Might it just be possible (actually probable) that JH stopped mentoring Dupree (who expressed resentment over JHs videos) and continued to help Watt?
That video isn't proof that Harrison was a mentor. Harrison quit on the organization and his teammates. What kind of example did Harrison set as a mentor to younger players with his actions? A terrible one. A player like Harrison showed just how selfish a selfish player can be. He basically s*** on the organization, the fans, and his teammates. How any one can continue to defend Harrison is beyond me.

pittpete
12-31-2017, 02:13 AM
Old news, who cares...Move on
James Harrison doesn't pay my bills...LOL

Ajsteele
12-31-2017, 02:56 AM
Cherry picked video?

How bout this:

Edit: I think the piece you are forgetting is it wasn’t just Bud. Chickillo said the only thing he new was the guy was also a linebacker for the three years he’s been there. That doesn’t sound like a mentor to the youngsters to me.

But i’m not trying to attack you. And I no doubt believe that you saw it at that time.

But I stand by Cherry picked because I’ve seen this vid posted on almost every site. It’s being used as complete and total refutation of the claims made by Dupree and Chick on every discussion board possible.

I get that you are a JH fan and you don’t want to believe it. I won’t try to change your mind. I didn’t want to believe it either. It’s ok.

I was a huge fan of his too and now I feel freaking betrayed. So I know how his teammates must feel. That sounds crazy b/c I didn’t know him personally. Like they did but I bleed black and gold and this right here....feels like he attacked the black and gold family.

I can’t forgive this right now

But I don’t hate James. I hate what he did.

WB Tarleton
12-31-2017, 09:04 PM
Cherry picked video?

How bout this:

Has TJ come out in JH's defense? Has anyone?

No one has more infamously not helped (mentored) his successor than Brett Favre. However, if it was today with cell phones everywhere, I bet there would be camp footage of Favre explaining a concept to Rodgers. One snapshot of 60 seconds is meaningless. (And I have been a HUGE James fan).

raycafan
12-31-2017, 09:41 PM
All I care is that he is on the south side of the burning bridge as the Steelers walk to north to Minnesota and SB 52